ADVERTISEMENT

Positive

I expect 0 anxiety once the coaching carousel starts turning.
Really? Because I’m more concerned this year. There won’t be a discussion of a raise or extension, so anyone who comes calling knows it’s not going to be a bidding war. And, even at 4-8, he’s still Mike Leach, and he’s one year and a good QB from 11-2. In Pullman. There’s still a lot of teams out there who have more recruiting pull than us who would take 11-2...and a couple of them are already in the market.

I won’t be surprised at all if this is Leach’s last 3 games at WSU...by his choice. Also won’t be surprised if he’s back for 2020.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Im not saying fire him. I wouldnt be sad if he left. This season is a crap coaching job. He ripped the kids for sitting around their apartments talking about how good they were gonna be. WTF did he do in Florida???

I would only be pissed if they hired a turd. For the money theyre paying they should be able to attract a good coach.

Right now Leach’s staff is a mess, his offense is grounded, his defense is awful. He has his work cut out for him.

“That was last f&cking year!”

Im not saying fire him. I wouldnt be sad if he left. This season is a crap coaching job. He ripped the kids for sitting around their apartments talking about how good they were gonna be. WTF did he do in Florida???

I would only be pissed if they hired a turd. For the money theyre paying they should be able to attract a good coach.

Right now Leach’s staff is a mess, his offense is grounded, his defense is awful. He has his work cut out for him.

You’re an idiot. Dumber than Ed.

I really hope Leach hires a real solid DC and allows him to bring in his some of his own guys.

The entire defensive staff had better brush up their resumes. The defense has had breakdowns all season and none of them are getting the job done in recruiting.

Reactions: ATACFD

The thing is tho:

If WSU, and leach were to be together for 16 years, with every year at least 7 wins, bowl games, with Admin like Chun, etc, then it would be easy to get a good replacement as a coach, that would probably continue to do as good as Leach at WSU, and not be a Doba, Wulf, etc.

But if WSU goes 5-7, and Leach leaves, its going to be much harder to find, get a good replacement, and easier to get a Doba, Wulf.

At soonest, WSU win 8,9,10 wins 2 years from now with Cooper as a Junior, Borghi as a senior.

That would be a ok time for Leach to leave, because better chance that get a good replacement for Leach, and harder to get a Doba, Wulf type coach.

If leach leaves this year, ok chance to get a Doba, Wulf type coach.

But dont think Leach leaves this year.

he needs to overhaul the staff no doubt

The thing is tho:

If WSU, and leach were to be together for 16 years, with every year at least 7 wins, bowl games, with Admin like Chun, etc, then it would be easy to get a good replacement as a coach, that would probably continue to do as good as Leach at WSU, and not be a Doba, Wulf, etc.

But if WSU goes 5-7, and Leach leaves, its going to be much harder to find, get a good replacement, and easier to get a Doba, Wulf.

At soonest, WSU win 8,9,10 wins 2 years from now with Cooper as a Junior, Borghi as a senior.

That would be a ok time for Leach to leave, because better chance that get a good replacement for Leach, and harder to get a Doba, Wulf type coach.

If leach leaves this year, ok chance to get a Doba, Wulf type coach.

But dont think Leach leaves this year.

Like Texas Tech did?

When did you turn into a fool? Maybe you've always been one and you had us fooled...but hot damn......your comments about Leach make you look like an idiot.

Reactions: Pinkcadillac
Like Texas Tech did?

Texas Tech is not comparable, good example of whether difficult to replace leach.

1. Tech had bad admin, Pres, Ad.

2. Tech was trying to screw leach over

3. Other coaches saw how the first two points, and didnt want anything to do with tech.

4. This made it so that bad coaches were interested in Tech.

5. The bad admin were not good at hiring replacements.

Now if Tech had had actually GOOD admin, to go along with Leach's success there, Tech probably would have found a decent replacement, if not then right after Leach left, then the next coach after the coach that was after Leach.

WSU has good admin, that combined with, if Leach left after a 11-1 season, after lots of seasons, after every season being siccessful, then WSU's good admin would probably find a good replacement for Leach.

Reactions: Pinkcadillac
I don't think Leach will leave but I would think Chun would be able to pull in a very good coach - especially if he continues to pay 4 million per year.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
So... he's leaving then.

Fab beat me to it (assuming I understood their point correctly)...do people really think the IPF is going to be built soon? Because I certainly am not holding my breath.

It's simple...no IPF already puts WSU behind the 8-ball, more than it already is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT