ADVERTISEMENT

Pro day is today at WSU

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
..in case no one besides me trolls Brands X and Y.......

Good luck guys. Hope the weather holds.

I was surprised to see Minshew, Dillard, Hunter Dale, and Kyle Sweet at yesterday's practice until I remembered today was Pro Day. They were all having a ball catching up with each other, the coaches, and former teammates. Made for a pretty cool practice environment yesterday. As for the weather today, it's just the opposite of yesterday. Instead of sunny and warm and it's cool and rainy.

Looks like 4.85ish for pelluer and dale....and that might be with stopwatch. I could run that in HS. Pretty slow.

Looks like 4.85ish for pelluer and dale....and that might be with stopwatch. I could run that in HS. Pretty slow.
That's not far off what I expected from Pelluer, but I had Dale as a high 4.6s guy. Goes to show you how much faster you can seem when you don't take wasted steps.

That's not far off what I expected from Pelluer, but I had Dale as a high 4.6s guy. Goes to show you how much faster you can seem when you don't take wasted steps.

If Dale was a 4.6 guy he would have been scooped up by either LSU or another P5 school in the surrounding area. You can get some great talent out of the south, but usually they are going to have a missing piece in the tool kit or the SEC teams would be all over them.

Reactions: taf88

I suspected Dale was pretty slow after watching him return the failed PAT in the AC. What is stunning is that Dillard's NFL combine 40 was just as fast if not faster than Dale's Pro Day time.

I suspected Dale was pretty slow after watching him return the failed PAT in the AC. What is stunning is that Dillard's NFL combine 40 was just as fast if not faster than Dale's Pro Day time.

Dillard is once in a generation type of athlete that comes through here. A Mark Fields type, minus the grades. I know that people think Abe Lucas is better, but until Lucas puts on a show like Dillard did at the Combine Dillard is the bar. Dillard might be our 4th highest NFL draft pick ever and our highest draft pick that isn't a QB.

Dillard is once in a generation type of athlete that comes through here. A Mark Fields type, minus the grades. I know that people think Abe Lucas is better, but until Lucas puts on a show like Dillard did at the Combine Dillard is the bar. Dillard might be our 4th highest NFL draft pick ever and our highest draft pick that isn't a QB.

And a future major donor of course.

Dillard got beat too much for my taste. He's really stinking good, but the truly dominant LT's don't give up sacks. He has the best pro upside of any of our lineman, but I'm not sure he's been our best performer in recent years.

Dillard got beat too much for my taste. He's really stinking good, but the truly dominant LT's don't give up sacks. He has the best pro upside of any of our lineman, but I'm not sure he's been our best performer in recent years.

Dillard didn't give up sacks. He allowed 1 sack in 693 pass attempts. The QB was only touched 3 times. He was the definition of dominate.

The false starts are the hole in his game.

Reactions: cougcowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT