ADVERTISEMENT

Pullman PD at it again

An isolated incident here and there can be on the officer; it can also be on the training. People are people.

A continuous trend is on the leadership or lack thereof.

Hard to see it any other way.

Two excessive force lawsuits, and a criminal case against an officer for sexual assault.

At least they didn't offer to let him off if he gave them a BJ. Guess they weren't listening when their Sergeant trained them.

Good news and feel good stuff never goes in a straight line. We hear about stuff like this, many times it is they said he said. But when it is on tape it is startling . Personally I would love to see tape of a white kid being taken down in this manner. We have campus police searching a house when window screen is missing, walks around back and catches a b-ball player smoking .

If you are a recruit or a parent of a recruit, you want to send your kid to a place that is safe. Not sure the video shows off the best side of the school. If my kid was tazed for that violation I would be pissed . My guess is that they could have talked a bit more and desculated the situation .

Reactions: mikalalas
And I havent had it that bad, as bad as its been compared to others.

At least I wasnt shot like 85 year old Preacher Creach on his own property.

At least I wasnt jumped, tackled by multiple cops like OTTO ZEHM.

At least that PIG COP who murdered, killed Otto Zehm went to Jail, Prison.

Usually bad pig cops get away with that kind of crap

Good news and feel good stuff never goes in a straight line. We hear about stuff like this, many times it is they said he said. But when it is on tape it is startling . Personally I would love to see tape of a white kid being taken down in this manner. We have campus police searching a house when window screen is missing, walks around back and catches a b-ball player smoking .

If you are a recruit or a parent of a recruit, you want to send your kid to a place that is safe. Not sure the video shows off the best side of the school. If my kid was tazed for that violation I would be pissed . My guess is that they could have talked a bit more and desculated the situation .

And DNA evidence. That's what Loyal is referring to.

This wasn't the WSU Police Department Ed.

Add "shopping while black" to "driving while black" and "walking while black." Now, I can understand cops being extra nervous and overreactive in crap wholes like Chicago, Miami and Baltimore, they are scary places to police, but in Pullman? Police are 10 times more likely to accidently shoot themselves than to be shot at. In don't think there has been a police shooting in Pullman in my lifetime. If you can't stay cool, calm and collected in Pullman, aka Mayberry, USA, you have no business being a hall monitor, let alone a policeman.

Reactions: walzuu
Note since I have moved away from Spokane into Lincoln County, I dont have any problems, incidents with bad cops, people, etc.

Never had a problem with Cops, in Moses Lake, In Seattle, in Dallas Texas, IN MY WHOLE LIFE FOR YEARS, UNTIL I LIVED IN SPOKANE.

Then I had like 7 to 40 incidents, being economically profiled, harrassed, etc, by bad Spokane Cops.

So I totally understand, dont like, cant stand, almost hate the BS crap that the bad pullman cops did, do to Treshon, others, and that bad cops in general do to people.

Totally need a Legal, undercover, civilian, non police force, with police powers to drive around in undercover police like cars to POLICE THE POLICE, and take video of, ticket, arrest, etc, any cop that breaks the law

Sheriff Magers is a good cat.

Funny, I've lived in Spokane for almost 40 years. Got a couple speeding tickets as a youth, asked to pour out some beer once and sent home and that's it. Aside from the knock on the door at 2AM that my kid was injured in an car accident, nothing. That's a pretty wide spread from 7 to 40 incidents - was it more like 8 or was it more like 39?

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Unfortunately the Pullman PD problems go back decades. One talks about culture and theirs has seemingly endured for decades.

Cougsocal, do you have a reference for “cops more likely to accidentally shoot themselves”?

Not doubting you, just would like to know your source.

And DNA evidence. That's what Loyal is referring to.

This wasn't the WSU Police Department Ed.
And I am sorry I am missing the connection. Do you think people that send their kids to college and see mistreatment by white officers care about “jurisdiction”. They are lumped together .

And I am sorry I am missing the connection. Do you think people that send their kids to college and see mistreatment by white officers care about “jurisdiction”. They are lumped together .

You can post things that are factually accurate to begin with, then maybe you won’t have to worry about connections.

I think that if you lived in Pullman in your late teens and/or twenties, you’ve probably got a story about harassment by PPD.

I’ve got two, both first hand. One I don’t blame them for, the other I’ve been pissed about for 25 years.

You can post things that are factually accurate to begin with, then maybe you won’t have to worry about connections.

If the jurisdiction was important to the post I would have . It is about culture of overzealous police force and doesn’t matter if it is city or campus .

If the jurisdiction was important to the post I would have . It is about culture of overzealous police force and doesn’t matter if it is city or campus .

So, you meant the Seattle PD, since jurisdiction isn’t important. Or was it NYPD? Or LAPD? Or Chicago PD?

It’s a Pullman PD officer that was charged with custodial sexual assault.

Sheriff Magers is a good cat.

Funny, I've lived in Spokane for almost 40 years. Got a couple speeding tickets as a youth, asked to pour out some beer once and sent home and that's it. Aside from the knock on the door at 2AM that my kid was injured in an car accident, nothing. That's a pretty wide spread from 7 to 40 incidents - was it more like 8 or was it more like 39?

Dude, neither you nor Fab, have been in circumstances, AKA, been poor, looked poor, lived in poor neighborhoods, so that you could have been ECONOMICALLY profiled, stopped, detained, harrassed, etc

Either that or you have been extremely lucky.

The reason why I was stopped, detained, harrassed, etc, by the cop in the ponderosa, was because despite renting a bedroom in a nice home in the rich ponderosa area, I was wearing shorts, T Shirt, T shoes, and did not look like I belonged there, and because of that I was ECONOMICALLY PROFILED.

If you wear a nice expensive Business Suit, you wont be stopped.

If you wear old blue jeans with holes, good chance to be stopped.

If you dont get that, then your a ignoramus

Also you dont pay attention to OTTO ZEHM GETTING MURDERED BY A COP IN SPOKANE.

NOR DID YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE COP GETTING CONVICTED IMPRISONED FOR MURDERING OTTO ZEHM.

AND YOU HAVENT BEEN LIKE OTTO ZEHM, SO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND AND PROBABLY WONT EVER UNDERSTAND UNLESS IT EVER HAPPENS TO YOU.

SO YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

Add "shopping while black" to "driving while black" and "walking while black." Now, I can understand cops being extra nervous and overreactive in crap wholes like Chicago, Miami and Baltimore, they are scary places to police, but in Pullman? Police are 10 times more likely to accidently shoot themselves than to be shot at. In don't think there has been a police shooting in Pullman in my lifetime. If you can't stay cool, calm and collected in Pullman, aka Mayberry, USA, you have no business being a hall monitor, let alone a policeman.

There are things like ECONOMIC PROFILING, AND CYCLE OF POVERTY.

What that means is this:

1. Poor people are statistically more likely to commit crime.

2. The ONLY reason why in most of the POOR areas, like COMPTON CALIFORNIA, are black, is NOT racism, not supposedly blacks not able to not be poor as Blacks are just as able as anybody to not be poor.

A. Rather its CYCLE OF POVERTY, BLACK CULTURE.

Cycle of Poverty is where because parents are poor, children likely to be poor.

Native Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, Asians, Minorities, have been subjected to USA Slavery, mistreatment, almost as bad as Black have been treated. But yet other Minorities have been more successful then Blacks. Why:

Their Culture. For Example: Asians Culture is that if they dont educate themselves well, succeed at Business, they are a dishonor to their families. This is why most of USA is owned by Asians.

Black Culture is Snoop Doggy Dog NWA cop Killer Rap, Crips, Bloods, and if a Ben Carson, or a Cosby(put aside character), succeeds, they cry UNCLE TOM(referencing Uncle Tom Cabin).

So because of that and Cycle of Poverty, combined, that why Compton, which is poor, is mostly Black.

If not for that Blacks would be just as successful as Asians.

3. Now the reason why above is important is that police profile POOR OF ANY AND ALL RACES, CALLED ECONOMIC PROFILING.

So when Police ECONOMICALLY PROFILE IN PLACES LIKE COMPTON, the people who are profiled JUST HAPPENED TO BE BLACK BECAUSE COMPTON IS MOSTLY BLACK FOR THE REASONS NAMED ABOVE.

I am not rich. I am not black. I am White. I have been economically profiled, so many times by cops.

I COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN A BLACK PERSON THE COPS WERE ECONOMICALLY PROFILING.

BUT I WAS A POOR PERSON WHO JUST HAPPENED TO BE WHITE INSTEAD OF BLACK.

JUST LIKE COPS HAVE ECONOMICALLY PROFILED PEOPLE WHO JUST HAPPENED TO BE BLACK IN COMPTON OTHER AREAS.

Also if a white person is economically profiled it is not put on the news, media, twitter, facebook, etc.

But if a poor person who just so happens to be black is economically profiled by cops, it ends up all over news, media, twitter, facebook.

This gives people the false perception that supposedly not economic profiling, when it is, and that it is supposedly racial profiling, and racism when it is not racial profiling, racism most of the time.

Thus most of the time, supposed racial profiling, racism is not racial profiling, racism, and is cops targeting the economically POOR who justso happen to be Black, but just so happen to be white at times as well, just as, like I a white person have been economically profiled.

And I havent had it that bad, as bad as its been compared to others.

At least I wasnt shot like 85 year old Preacher Creach on his own property.

At least I wasnt jumped, tackled by multiple cops like OTTO ZEHM.

At least that PIG COP who murdered, killed Otto Zehm went to Jail, Prison.

Usually bad pig cops get away with that kind of crap

You have no idea my background or circumstance economically. Don't presume. Being "lucky" had nothing to do with anything good or bad.

Karl Thompson, Gordon Ennis, Brad Thoma, John Arredondo...how many more do you think I've not paid attention on?

Scott Creach was in the City of Spokane Valley which is under the jurisdiction of the Sheriff, not SPD. You forgot Shonto Pete, by the way. Jay Olson was the officer involved there. And whether or not you believe it, I know all that off the top of my head. I also know about the Lesser brothers, Major Applegate, Gordon Grant and a whole host of other officers who do great work in the community.

So was it 8 or was it 40? That is a significant delta.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Also my view above is not racist because I said that Blacks are just as capable as any race at succeeding.

And I have Black friends.

And I dont care about color of Skin. And I dont judge a person by skin color but rather by who they are as a person, their personality, spirituality, character, morals, ethics, etc, things that have nothing to do with racism.

Only reason why I made my comments is because of Cougsecal comments referencing police as racist.

WHEN IT IS NOT RACISM BY POLICE BUT RATHER ECONOMIC PROFILE TARGETING THE POOR BY POLICE.

Also if anybody has a problem with my comment, and if tell me to shut up:

Then again, real simple:

Dont make political comments, and comments about police being racist and I wont comment on, about those comments

Also my view above is not racist because I said that Blacks are just as capable as any race at succeeding.

And I have Black friends.

And I dont care about color of Skin. And I dont judge a person by skin color but rather by who they are as a person, their personality, spirituality, character, morals, ethics, etc, things that have nothing to do with racism.

Only reason why I made my comments is because of Cougsecal comments referencing police as racist.

WHEN IT IS NOT RACISM BY POLICE BUT RATHER ECONOMIC PROFILE TARGETING THE POOR BY POLICE.

Also if anybody has a problem with my comment, and if tell me to shut up:

Then again, real simple:

Dont make political comments, and comments about police being racist and I wont comment on, about those comments
Plenty of well-off black folks are treated as suspects by the police, on the grounds that as you noted, "they don't belong," or that poverty is assumed so black people of means have to be criminals. The Skip Gates incident is a classic example. Trayvon Martin. Tamir Rice. These incidents had a lot more to do with race than anything else. All on top of systemic housing discrimination, redlining, traditions of violence and theft imposed on black people by wielders of state power, all of these things have real and deadly consequences for black people more than others. To chalk all that up to class is, obtuse

Unfortunately the Pullman PD problems go back decades. One talks about culture and theirs has seemingly endured for decades.
I've been away from Pullman/Eastern WA as a "resident" since college days back in the mid-70s, so I'm probably not qualified to comment on current local police matters. However, one of my best friends in college was Japanese and was pulled over in downtown Colfax at night while driving his maroon Ford LTD the speed limit. I know it's unusual to see an Asian driving a big, boldly colored vehicle like that in a place like Colfax, but c'mon. When he merely asked what he did wrong, he was arrested and taken to the Whitman County jail to spend the night. "Disorderly conduct". There was no doubt that it was a case of racial profiling. It wasn't Pullman PD but the next town over. Charges were dropped but he never got that night back. By the way, my friend ended up being on the Board of Directors at Sony Corporation....good thing he was able to get out of jail that next morning 42 years ago.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: random soul
Plenty of well-off black folks are treated as suspects by the police, on the grounds that as you noted, "they don't belong," or that poverty is assumed so black people of means have to be criminals. The Skip Gates incident is a classic example. Trayvon Martin. Tamir Rice. These incidents had a lot more to do with race than anything else. All on top of systemic housing discrimination, redlining, traditions of violence and theft imposed on black people by wielders of state power, all of these things have real and deadly consequences for black people more than others. To chalk all that up to class is, obtuse
Add Jemel Roberson to the list from this past weekend. He was a bouncer in a club in Chicago. Several drunk idiots were kicked out of a bar and one of them came back with a gun. Doing his job, Jemel took the guy with a gun down and held him down to wait for the police. Police came in and immediately shot and killed Jemel...

There was no fake $20 bill. They never found a fake bill. That makes it even worse. After finding out what a 14 year sergeant did, the proceeding coverup, we should disband and re-hire a completely new force.
no fake 20 indicates false arrest to me, sue for everything the city has

I think that if you lived in Pullman in your late teens and/or twenties, you’ve probably got a story about harassment by PPD.

I’ve got two, both first hand. One I don’t blame them for, the other I’ve been pissed about for 25 years.
By no means am I trying to justify this video. I believe both parties were at blame, the police more so. So this isn't a comment on this specific situation or others where the police force has gone too far or have abused their power.

But this is totally small town. It's the "broken window" thing. Cops keep the little stuff down, come down hard on it and the big stuff won't come around. I lived in a small town all growing up. I got pulled over for "excessive tire noise" when the tires of my El Camino turned up some gravel after they patched the high school parking lot. Cuffed, sat on the curb while they searched my car. No ticket, drove away 15 minutes later. I got pulled over for having friends in the back of the El Camino and their hands/arms weren't completely in the bed of the truck. No ticket. I got pulled over for not putting my turn signal on 25 yards prior to the intersection. No ticket. Those are the ones I can think of, off hand. I know I've been pulled over more than that.

All this on a white boy. A Preachers Kid, at that. Meh. Live in a small town long enough, it'll happen. We've all been harassed, in a small town. What the problem with Pullman is (again not justifying this action or previous actions)... If Pullman didn't have such massive influx of people from larger cities, where they aren't accustomed to this "broken window" mentality it wouldn't get the reputation it has (aside from these situations where it is obviously in the wrong).

OH! I got pulled over because a light that illuminated my license plate was burned out. He couldn't see my license plate number... in town... with street lights... lol.

Then there is this guy. 19 year PPD vet. A sergeant. 49 years old. She's 18. Standing outside her dorm drunk. How about taking her inside and calling her RA? No, let's take her to Reaney Park for a BJ.

"A WSP forensic scientist found semen on the sleeve of her clothing. On Aug. 14, the scientist found the DNA comparison showed a match between Hargraves’s DNA sample and the DNA found on the sleeve."

How can an attorney stand in front of a judge and argue his case with that evidence?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/10/pullman-police-sgt-pleads-not-guilty/

I love replying to myself. Got to thinking about this case and read up on it some more.

The incident happened on March 30. After contacting the student at 11:46 outside her dorm (Duncan Dunn) and sending her inside, Hargraves spots her outside again at 12:45. So he is circling around on campus (he is PPD not WSU Police just to be clear). Then AFTER the incident, he drops her off at Rogers Hall per her request. Not even her own dorm.

After the incident was reported on April 6, he was put on paid admin leave. He was reinstated briefly, then put back on paid leave. He was still on paid leave as of an October 4 article, almost 2 months after semen on her sweater was proven to be his by DNA testing in August. You telling me that 's not enough for PPD to fire him? No matter what his story, sexual contact with an 18 year old while on duty should be plenty to fire him. And it appears that he is STILL on paid admin leave. WTH!?

Police Chief Jenkins needs to be fired yesterday. C'mon Glenn. Do your job as mayor.

I am NOT saying that racial profiling, racism never happens, and that ALL such profiling is economic profiling.

Some to a Lot to Almost Most is though, for the logical, rational reasons I described, explained.

Yeah some RICH Black people are,were profiled targeted, but that doesnt happen that often, and certainly not even close to nearly as often in the 60's, 70's, 80's,early 90's.

Also name some RICH Black people that have been profiled, stopped, harrassed, targeted by police due to racism.

Any such incidents would be all over the media. And almost all of the incidents on media are poor people in poor hoods.

You cite Trayvon Martin.

I have seen pictures of Trayvon wearing gang clothing holding a gun. And Trayvon was a troublemaker at school, in life, and in hood, had a record, etc.

Of course the media ignored that and portrayed Trayvon as a Angel, in order to make people think it was racism, to racially divide country, create, fuel Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, Antifah, Riots, etc.

George Zimmer was a STUPID, MORON, IDIOT, DUMBASS, WEAK, PATHETIC, PUSSY.

But he was not a murderer, racist.

1.Trayvon, dressed, acted like a poor person, in a rich hood, that had been robbed many times.

So because of that George, Hood watch saw a POOR person. It was dark, hard to tell if Black.

2. George was told by dispatcher not to follow, not to do anything.

3. Dumbass George ignored the police followed anyway.

4. When Trayvon, George met. Trayvon should NOT have started to beat up George.

5. George should have been able to not get beat up by Trayvon.

6. Trayvon should not have been on top of George, potentially beating George to death.

7. George used his Gun in Self Defense.

8. Black witnesses, and true evidence, facts, court, judge, jury back that up.

A little tiny bit of racism, racial profiling may or may not have been involved, but what George did was not racist, but rather complete stupidity, incompetance, SELF DEFENSE, that should not have even been necessary if Trayvon had BEHAVED better, and if George was not so stupid weak.

Now almost all blacks, and other people think Trayvon, Mike Ferguson were racist incidents because of what the media, obummer, AL Darpton(Sharpton), etc, have brainwashed them, and because they dont know where, what the truth is, not willing to dig for truth, etc.

As for other incidents, some are racism, racial profiling, some are not.

Millions of Crimes get committed in Poor Hoods all the time. Lots of Poor people get profiled in those poor hoods. Lots of the criminals who have been arrested for, committed crimes in those poor hoods, LIKE COMPTON::

JUST HAPPENED TO BE BLACK

because it is COMPTON, or some such similar area

And could easily have been White if it had been a NON Compton like area, or if the 13% chance to be white in Compton, had come up.

MOST OF THOSE INCIDENTS ARE NOT RACISM, RACIAL PROFILING

most are either a criminal or suspected criminal being arrested who just so happened to be Black.

Most are economically profiled and Just so happened to be black.

And because they are black, it gets on Media

And if they had just so happened to be white instead of black, the incidents would not get put on media, and nobody would cry foul, racism, etc.

Back in 2000, most of these incident would not be on social media, and only the racist incidents would end up on media.

Racism, Racial Profiling, is actually down in USA.

Racism has successfully been MARGINALIZED.

ONLY ABOUT 5% TO 13% OF USA SOCIETY, INCIDENTS ARE RACISM

Yes Racism, Racist incidents happen, and even 1 racist incident is TOO MUCH.

But it is not as much as the communist media, obummer, black activist like Sharpton, etc, would have believe.

Even Corrine King, Wife of Martin I have a Dream King Jr AGREES WITH MY POINT OF VIEW, WHICH IS SHARED BY HER, OTHERS, ON TV

I've been away from Pullman/Eastern WA as a "resident" since college days back in the mid-70s, so I'm probably not qualified to comment on current local police matters. However, one of my best friends in college was Japanese and was pulled over in downtown Colfax at night while driving his maroon Ford LTD the speed limit. I know it's unusual to see an Asian driving a big, boldly colored vehicle like that in a place like Colfax, but c'mon. When he merely asked what he did wrong, he was arrested and taken to the Whitman County jail to spend the night. "Disorderly conduct". There was no doubt that it was a case of racial profiling. It wasn't Pullman PD but the next town over. Charges were dropped but he never got that night back. By the way, my friend ended up being on the Board of Directors at Sony Corporation....good thing he was able to get out of jail that next morning 42 years ago.

Glad Cougar

Yep this is a good example of racism, racial profiling police racial harrassment, etc.

Why:

Because at this time period in history there was more racism, racial profiling in 60's, 70's, 80's

And because there were NOT a lot of Blacks, Asians in area.

So this was NOT a case of police busting a criminal in COMPTON a area that has a lot of black people, that just so happened to be black.

This is, was a area with not very many Asian, Blacks, etc, back then.

So because of that, the above, and considering what happened, this was as classic a textbook case of racial profiling, racism incident

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure about what you guys are arguing about?
I am NOT saying that racial profiling, racism never happens, and that ALL such profiling is economic profiling.

Some to a Lot to Almost Most is though, for the logical, rational reasons I described, explained.

Yeah some RICH Black people are,were profiled targeted, but that doesnt happen that often, and certainly not even close to nearly as often in the 60's, 70's, 80's,early 90's.

Also name some RICH Black people that have been profiled, stopped, harrassed, targeted by police due to racism.

Any such incidents would be all over the media. And almost all of the incidents on media are poor people in poor hoods.

You cite Trayvon Martin.

I have seen pictures of Trayvon wearing gang clothing holding a gun. And Trayvon was a troublemaker at school, in life, and in hood, had a record, etc.

Of course the media ignored that and portrayed Trayvon as a Angel, in order to make people think it was racism, to racially divide country, create, fuel Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, Antifah, Riots, etc.

George Zimmer was a STUPID, MORON, IDIOT, DUMBASS, WEAK, PATHETIC, PUSSY.

But he was not a murderer, racist.

1.Trayvon, dressed, acted like a poor person, in a rich hood, that had been robbed many times.

So because of that George, Hood watch saw a POOR person. It was dark, hard to tell if Black.

2. George was told by dispatcher not to follow, not to do anything.

3. Dumbass George ignored the police followed anyway.

4. When Trayvon, George met. Trayvon should NOT have started to beat up George.

5. George should have been able to not get beat up by Trayvon.

6. Trayvon should not have been on top of George, potentially beating George to death.

7. George used his Gun in Self Defense.

8. Black witnesses, and true evidence, facts, court, judge, jury back that up.

A little tiny bit of racism, racial profiling may or may not have been involved, but what George did was not racist, but rather complete stupidity, incompetance, SELF DEFENSE, that should not have even been necessary if Trayvon had BEHAVED better, and if George was not so stupid weak.

Now almost all blacks, and other people think Trayvon, Mike Ferguson were racist incidents because of what the media, obummer, AL Darpton(Sharpton), etc, have brainwashed them, and because they dont know where, what the truth is, not willing to dig for truth, etc.

As for other incidents, some are racism, racial profiling, some are not.

Millions of Crimes get committed in Poor Hoods all the time. Lots of Poor people get profiled in those poor hoods. Lots of the criminals who have been arrested for, committed crimes in those poor hoods, LIKE COMPTON::

JUST HAPPENED TO BE BLACK

because it is COMPTON, or some such similar area

And could easily have been White if it had been a NON Compton like area, or if the 13% chance to be white in Compton, had come up.

MOST OF THOSE INCIDENTS ARE NOT RACISM, RACIAL PROFILING

most are either a criminal or suspected criminal being arrested who just so happened to be Black.

Most are economically profiled and Just so happened to be black.

And because they are black, it gets on Media

And if they had just so happened to be white instead of black, the incidents would not get put on media, and nobody would cry foul, racism, etc.

Back in 2000, most of these incident would not be on social media, and only the racist incidents would end up on media.

Racism, Racial Profiling, is actually down in USA.

Racism has successfully been MARGINALIZED.

ONLY ABOUT 5% TO 13% OF USA SOCIETY, INCIDENTS ARE RACISM

Yes Racism, Racist incidents happen, and even 1 racist incident is TOO MUCH.

But it is not as much as the communist media, obummer, black activist like Sharpton, etc, would have believe.

Even Corrine King, Wife of Martin I have a Dream King Jr AGREES WITH MY POINT OF VIEW, WHICH IS SHARED BY HER, OTHERS, ON TV

You just expended a lot of effort proving that you don't have a clue. And "communist media".....really? When I was in Colorado this weekend, there was a shop with trinkets and gag gifts and one of them was a tin foil hat for a cat. Buy that so you and your cat can have matching headgear. ;)

Racial profiling is a thing. I'm sure that economic profiling is a thing too, but only a fool believes that racial profiling isn't a dramatic problem in this country. There are dozens of videos of black dudes, wearing regular clothes, driving regular cars, getting harassed or even shot for being guilty of being black on a Friday afternoon.

As mentioned above, a black man with a gun subdued a criminal and was holding him down and he was killed by police. Delude yourself about economic profiling all you want, but they murdered him because of his skin color. When I'm in my office and some of my co-workers are showing their true colors, they don't talk about the poor white trash from South Wichita committing crimes, they talk smack about the 'spics and n###rs that commit crimes. Racism is alive and well in our country and no amount of Fox news propaganda is going to change that.

Add Jemel Roberson to the list from this past weekend. He was a bouncer in a club in Chicago. Several drunk idiots were kicked out of a bar and one of them came back with a gun. Doing his job, Jemel took the guy with a gun down and held him down to wait for the police. Police came in and immediately shot and killed Jemel...

That probably was racism.

But knowing the BS crap some police do, the bouncer could have easily been white, Asian, and the police would have showed up, and STILL WRONGFULLY SHOT THE BOUNCER.

There have actually been a couple, few white people who have been wrongfully shot by police like this.

85 year old White PREACHER CREACH is probably one of them.

Its just that when happens to whites, it doesnt get the publicity that a black person incident gets.

As to why, how a police could shoot this black person, and not havevit be racism:

Maybe when poluce showed up, maybe they stupidly thought the bouncer was the criminal beating up the other guy.

Some police have been known to go rushing, charging, guns blazing, etc, into, onto the scene without thinking, shoot first, ask questions later.

And if that case, then maybe not racism.

But I do agree this incident was probably racism by the police, and if not racism then most definately police brutality, stupidity

I love replying to myself. Got to thinking about this case and read up on it some more.

The incident happened on March 30. After contacting the student at 11:46 outside her dorm (Duncan Dunn) and sending her inside, Hargraves spots her outside again at 12:45. So he is circling around on campus (he is PPD not WSU Police just to be clear). Then AFTER the incident, he drops her off at Rogers Hall per her request. Not even her own dorm.

After the incident was reported on April 6, he was put on paid admin leave. He was reinstated briefly, then put back on paid leave. He was still on paid leave as of an October 4 article, almost 2 months after semen on her sweater was proven to be his by DNA testing in August. You telling me that 's not enough for PPD to fire him? No matter what his story, sexual contact with an 18 year old while on duty should be plenty to fire him. And it appears that he is STILL on paid admin leave. WTH!?

Police Chief Jenkins needs to be fired yesterday. C'mon Glenn. Do your job as mayor.

I am usually a law, order type person, but if the mayor, police, law, system, etc, does not do job, then eventually after a long ass time, and only as a ultimate last resort, their jobs may be done for them, when, if that PIG cop tries to sexually contact that girl, and that girl warns him to stop, and he doesnt stop, and the girl takes the law into her hands, does their job for them and pulls a knife, gun, stabs, shoots the pig cop in self defense to protect herself, stop herself from getting raped, etc.

I hope it doesnt come to that.

Most dont want to see that kind of thing happen.

And I am not saying that should be done per se.

Is that what they the police chief, mayor want?

Then if they dont want a girl to do their job for them in self defenae

THEN DO YOUR FCKING JOB OR ELSE IT MIGHT BE DONE FOR YOU.

I'm not 100% sure about what you guys are arguing about?

You just expended a lot of effort proving that you don't have a clue. And "communist media".....really? When I was in Colorado this weekend, there was a shop with trinkets and gag gifts and one of them was a tin foil hat for a cat. Buy that so you and your cat can have matching headgear. ;)

Racial profiling is a thing. I'm sure that economic profiling is a thing too, but only a fool believes that racial profiling isn't a dramatic problem in this country. There are dozens of videos of black dudes, wearing regular clothes, driving regular cars, getting harassed or even shot for being guilty of being black on a Friday afternoon.

As mentioned above, a black man with a gun subdued a criminal and was holding him down and he was killed by police. Delude yourself about economic profiling all you want, but they murdered him because of his skin color. When I'm in my office and some of my co-workers are showing their true colors, they don't talk about the poor white trash from South Wichita committing crimes, they talk smack about the 'spics and n###rs that commit crimes. Racism is alive and well in our country and no amount of Fox news propaganda is going to change that.

Racism, Racial Profiling exist in USA. Only a fool, ignoramus believes otherwise.

But it is not as dramatic, widespread problem as you, others think, and only a fool, ignoramus thinks that 43% to 73% of USA, white people, police, etc, are racist, racial profile, etc.

At best ABOUT 7 TO 17% IS RACIST.

AT WORST ABOUT 18 TO 37% are racist.

This is not the 40's,50's,60's,70's,80's, with the KKK Klu Klux Klan, police, laws, govt, etc, being racist against blacks, the JIM CROW LAWS ARE RIGHTFULLY GONE NOW, WHERE ABOUT 49 TO 85 PERCENT OF USA WAS RACIST BACK THEN

Civil Rights Laws have been passed, ENFORCED for DECADES, JUST OVER A HALF A CENTURY.

Racism, Racial Profiling, KKK, RACIST, WHITE SUPREMACIST HAVE RIGHTLY BEEN MARGINALIZED, and are in the MINORITY.

In places like North Idaho Pan Handle, and in Courdalene, the White Supremacist, KKK, Neo Nazi's would march, parade,have their racist compounds, etc, in the 80's, 90's, back then.

Now they are gone, dont parade in Courdalene. Their compound is gone, they have been marginalized.

But even in the 90's they were in the minority, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY showed up to PROTEST to try to get rid of them.

And the same kind of thing is true in the rest of USA.

Yes there are a couple, few, some racist, bigoted idiots, that use the N word. But they account for about only 1,2,3 people out of 10.

Instead of listening to Sharpton, obummer about racism, you should rather be listening to Corrine King, Wife of Martin Luther King Jr, Ben Carson, etc.

There are a lot of CENTRIST, MODERATE, ETC like Carson, Corrine King, etc, who will say the same as me that, tho racism, profiling exist, it is in the MINORITY, BEEN MARGINALIZED, AND IS A LOT LESS OF A PROBLEM NOW, THEN IN THE PAST, AND IS NOT A GIANT, BIG, HUGE, ETC PROBLEM TODAY, AND THAT IT IS THE MEDIA, SOCIAL MEDIA, SHARPTON, OBUMMER, EXTREME FAR RADICAL LEFT LIBERAL SOCIALIST COMMUNIST MARXIST ANARCHIST, ETC LIKE BLACK PANTHERS, ANTIFAH, BLACK LIVES MATTER, BLACK POWER, BLACK NATION OF ISLAM, MEDIA, GOVT, ETC, THAT WANT TO CONVINCE, HAVE USA PEOPLE, BLACKS BELIEVE THAT RACISM IS SUPPOSEDLY AT ITS WORST EVER, EVEN WORSE THEN 1800'S, 1940's thru 1980's, in order to PLAY THE RACE CARD, RACEBAIT, CAUSE A RACE WAR, CAUSE RACIAL DIVISION, ETC.

ONLY A FOOL, IGNORAMUS Fall prey to that BS .NARRATIVE

Last edited:
Racism, Racial Profiling exist in USA. Only a fool, ignoramus believes otherwise.

But it is not as dramatic, widespread problem as you, others think, and only a fool, ignoramus thinks that 43% to 73% of USA, white people, police, etc, are racist, racial profile, etc.

At best ABOUT 7 TO 17% IS RACIST.

AT WORST ABOUT 18 TO 37% are racist.

This is not the 40's,50's,60's,70's,80's, with the KKK Klu Klux Klan, police, laws, govt, etc, being racist against blacks, the JIM CROW LAWS ATE RIGHTFULLY GONE, WHERE ABOUT 49 TO 85 PERCENT OF USA WAS RACIST.

Civil Rights Laws have been passed, ENFORCED for DECADES, JUST OVER A HALF A CENTURY.

Racism, Racial Profiling, KKK, RACIST, WHITE SUPREMACIST HAVE RIGHTLY BEEN MARGINALIZED, and are in the MINORITY.

In places like North Idaho Pan Handle, and in Courdalene, the White Supremacist, KKK, Neo Nazi's would march, have their racist compounds, etc.

Now they are gone, dont parade in Courdalene. Their compound is gone, they have been marginalized.

But even in the 90's they were in the minority, and the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY showed up to PROTEST to try to get rid of them.

And the same kind of thing is true is the rest of USA.

Yes there are a couple, few, some racist, bigoted idiots, that use the N word. But they account for about only 1,2,3 people out of 10.

Instead of listening to Sharpton, obummer about racism, you should rather be listening to Corrine King, Wife of Martin Luther King Jr, Ben Carson, etc.

There are a lot of CENTRIST, MODERATE, ETC like Carson, Corrine King, etc, who will say the same as me that, tho racism, profiling exist, it is in the MINORITY, BEEN MARGINALIZED, AND IS A LOT LESS OF A PROBLEM NOW, THEN IN THE PAST, AND IS NOT A GIANT, BIG, HUGE, ETC PROBLEM TODAY, AND THAT IT IS THE MEDIA, SOCIAL MEDIA, SHARPTON, OBUMMER, EXTREME FAR RADICAL LEFT LIBERAL SOCIALIST COMMUNIST MARXIST ANARCHIST, ETC LIKE BLACK PANTHERS, ANTIFAH, BLACK LIVES MATTER, BLACK POWER, BLACK NATION OF ISLAM, THAT WANT TO CONVINCE, HAVE USA PEOPLE, BLACKS BELIEVE THAT RACISM IS SUPPOSEDLY AT ITS WORST EVER, EVEN WORSE THEN 1800'S, 1940's thru 1980's, in order to PLAY THE RACE CARD, RACEBAIT, CAUSE A RACE WAR, CAUSE RACIAL DIVISION, ETC.

ONLY A FOOL, IGNORAMUS Fall prey to that BS .NARRATIVE

I don't know where you live or your backstory. I know that you've commented on being "economically profiled". I live in the Midwest and I can tell you that at least 1/3rd of the people that I know around here are racist as hell, half of the people I know (including myself) have some inherent racial biases that influence their decisions at times and maybe 1/6th of the population around here are not racist at all, or so little that it's irrelevant.

BTW, typing in all caps to make a point just means that nobody will read it because it hurts one's eyes to do so. If you want to make a point, capitalize a select word or two to EMPHASIZE your point, instead of going on an incoherent, hard to read, rant.

Where I lived in north central Washington in school, there was rampant racism towards hispanics because of the large amount of migrant workers there. From what I see posted on Facebook and other social media from my friends that live there, little has changed in that respect. There aren't enough black people in that area for racism to be gauged, because the few black folks that are there are unique enough that they almost get special status.

BTW, the important thing to know about protests is that only a small percentage of the population really cares strongly enough about an issue to put themselves out on the street to protest. So, any protest you see is a reflection of the fringes of society on both ends typically, not the "average" American.

A great example of the casual racism and discrimination that is rampant in our society is the company that I used to work for. My boss was a good, Christian man who went to church every weekend, gave generously and is considered one of the most honorable people in my line of work. About 10 years ago, we were looking for a new engineer and we received a resume from a young, black woman. She stopped by and talked with us for a few minutes when she dropped it off, but it wasn't a formal interview. After she left, my boss told me that he didn't want to hire her because it would potentially create a disruption in our workplace culture because she was different. So, just because she was a black woman, she was not considered for the job. Later, when I had been contacted by a builder to lay out about 15 duplexes on a piece of property, my boss was fine with it until he realized that the project was being financed by a muslim and that the homes there would primarily be marketed to muslims that attended the Mosque that was next to the empty property. He told me that he was concerned about how our other clients would view our working for a muslim and told me to call the builder back and tell him that we didn't have the staff available to work on the project. Again, this is a man who's considered a leader of our community, but he routinely made decisions that were inherently racist because he didn't want to rock the boat. Outside of one exception, the only women that had worked for that company were secretaries and we hired dozens of white males in my time there. No muslims, hispanics or blacks.

So, you may not see the racism because of your position in life, but it's glaringly obvious from where I sit, even if most of the time, there isn't any spite or anger, it's more based on the fear that it might shake things up.

Reactions: random soul
I don't know where you live or your backstory. I know that you've commented on being "economically profiled". I live in the Midwest and I can tell you that at least 1/3rd of the people that I know around here are racist as hell, half of the people I know (including myself) have some inherent racial biases that influence their decisions at times and maybe 1/6th of the population around here are not racist at all, or so little that it's irrelevant.

BTW, typing in all caps to make a point just means that nobody will read it because it hurts one's eyes to do so. If you want to make a point, capitalize a select word or two to EMPHASIZE your point, instead of going on an incoherent, hard to read, rant.

Where I lived in north central Washington in school, there was rampant racism towards hispanics because of the large amount of migrant workers there. From what I see posted on Facebook and other social media from my friends that live there, little has changed in that respect. There aren't enough black people in that area for racism to be gauged, because the few black folks that are there are unique enough that they almost get special status.

BTW, the important thing to know about protests is that only a small percentage of the population really cares strongly enough about an issue to put themselves out on the street to protest. So, any protest you see is a reflection of the fringes of society on both ends typically, not the "average" American.

A great example of the casual racism and discrimination that is rampant in our society is the company that I used to work for. My boss was a good, Christian man who went to church every weekend, gave generously and is considered one of the most honorable people in my line of work. About 10 years ago, we were looking for a new engineer and we received a resume from a young, black woman. She stopped by and talked with us for a few minutes when she dropped it off, but it wasn't a formal interview. After she left, my boss told me that he didn't want to hire her because it would potentially create a disruption in our workplace culture because she was different. So, just because she was a black woman, she was not considered for the job. Later, when I had been contacted by a builder to lay out about 15 duplexes on a piece of property, my boss was fine with it until he realized that the project was being financed by a muslim and that the homes there would primarily be marketed to muslims that attended the Mosque that was next to the empty property. He told me that he was concerned about how our other clients would view our working for a muslim and told me to call the builder back and tell him that we didn't have the staff available to work on the project. Again, this is a man who's considered a leader of our community, but he routinely made decisions that were inherently racist because he didn't want to rock the boat. Outside of one exception, the only women that had worked for that company were secretaries and we hired dozens of white males in my time there. No muslims, hispanics or blacks.

So, you may not see the racism because of your position in life, but it's glaringly obvious from where I sit, even if most of the time, there isn't any spite or anger, it's more based on the fear that it might shake things up.

You can't just go by certain geographical areas, people, personal experiences.

If I did that, I would say ALL cops are PIG, BAD COPS, because of how I have been treated.

You just happen to live in a area where more racist.

I may have lived in areas where not as much racist, or may not have seen it like you said.

But OVERALL across whole USA, racism is not as bad as you, others, and especially Sharpton, etc, make it out to be.

In fact even the 1/3 you named is a MINORITY.

Also I said 1,2,3 out of 10, which is STILL PRETTY CLOSE to the 1/3 you cited, and STILL either the MINORITY, or extremely close, borderline minority, and STILL IS NOT THE MAJORITY, and STILL IS NOT AS BIG A PROBLEM as you, Sharpton, others make it out to be.

And even if it were to be 1/3, 2/5, that were supposedly racist, they would be, are CONTROLLED, SILENCED, MARGINALIZED, ETC, by the MAJORITY, and by LAW, ORDER, SOCIETY.

Thats why Civil Rights, Anti Racism Laws were passed, and they are STILL effective today, and MORE EFFECTIVE then BACK THEN.

Instead of listening to Sharpton and others of his ilk, instead, rather listen to Corine King, Wife of Martin Luther King Jr, Ben Carson, etc.

And instead of listening to CBS, NBC, Liberal Media, instead go to sources like Cable, Satelite, TV, Internet, Radio, Newspapers, Books, BBC, Al Jazeira, CSPAN, Non lamestream, mainstream media, all combined together, to get the full accurate picture.

There's just so much that you, others dont know, because of the FALSE NARRATIVE.

For example, not to go on another point.

Al Zarqawi leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, during Iraq war that was killed, was operating a Al Qaeda Terrorist Training Camp, in Northeast Iraq, before the Iraq War.

That is a fact. Period. I heard, read it on various legit sources like the ones I named. Only to have it glossed over by people news media, and turn around say that wasnt true.

Another example.

I was on STA bus. A ABC radio breaking news announcement came on the STA bus radio:

It said that the WMD smoking gun had been found in a bunker in Iraq, that had 2 Artillery Shells filled to brim with VX NERVE GAS.

Just so you know, 1 spoon of VX nerve gas is enough to kill 1000 to 100,000 people if in a subway, etc.

The very next day ABC, newspapers, all news sources were saying No WMD found.

So as you can see the Lamestream, mainstream Liberal CORRUPT media LIES, COVERS THINGS UP, DISTORTS, TELLS A NARRATIVE that no WMD in Iraq, No Terrorist in Iraq, Pre Iraq war, and that Racism is the biggest problem ever, and worse now then in any point ever in USA history.

Why do they do that.

Their agenda:

1. To divide the USA on political, social, racial lines

2. To start a race war.

3. To turn the USA into another communist, marxist, socialist Russia, Venezuela, Cuba, dictatorship.

You may disagree, and if so ok. But I am speaking the facts, Truth, and if you dont agree, then will have to agree to disagree and drop it and leave it at that.

You can't just go by certain geographical areas, people, personal experiences.

If I did that, I would say ALL cops are PIG, BAD COPS, because of how I have been treated.

You just happen to live in a area where more racist.

I may have lived in areas where not as much racist, or may not have seen it like you said.

But OVERALL across whole USA, racism is not as bad as you, others, and especially Sharpton, etc, make it out to be.

In fact even the 1/3 you named is a MINORITY.

Also I said 1,2,3 out of 10, which is STILL PRETTY CLOSE to the 1/3 you cited, and STILL either the MINORITY, or extremely close, borderline minority, and STILL IS NOT THE MAJORITY, and STILL IS NOT AS BIG A PROBLEM as you, Sharpton, others make it out to be.

And even if it were to be 1/3, 2/5, that were supposedly racist, they would be, are CONTROLLED, SILENCED, MARGINALIZED, ETC, by the MAJORITY, and by LAW, ORDER, SOCIETY.

Thats why Civil Rights, Anti Racism Laws were passed, and they are STILL effective today, and MORE EFFECTIVE then BACK THEN.

Instead of listening to Sharpton and others of his ilk, instead, rather listen to Corine King, Wife of Martin Luther King Jr, Ben Carson, etc.

And instead of listening to CBS, NBC, Liberal Media, instead go to sources like Cable, Satelite, TV, Internet, Radio, Newspapers, Books, BBC, Al Jazeira, CSPAN, Non lamestream, mainstream media, all combined together, to get the full accurate picture.

There's just so much that you, others dont know, because of the FALSE NARRATIVE.

For example, not to go on another point.

Al Zarqawi leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, during Iraq war that was killed, was operating a Al Qaeda Terrorist Training Camp, in Northeast Iraq, before the Iraq War.

That is a fact. Period. I heard, read it on various legit sources like the ones I named. Only to have it glossed over by people news media, and turn around say that wasnt true.

Another example.

I was on STA bus. A ABC radio breaking news announcement came on the STA bus radio:

It said that the WMD smoking gun had been found in a bunker in Iraq, that had 2 Artillery Shells filled to brim with VX NERVE GAS.

Just so you know, 1 spoon of VX nerve gas is enough to kill 1000 to 100,000 people if in a subway, etc.

The very next day ABC, newspapers, all news sources were saying No WMD found.

So as you can see the Lamestream, mainstream Liberal CORRUPT media LIES, COVERS THINGS UP, DISTORTS, TELLS A NARRATIVE that no WMD in Iraq, No Terrorist in Iraq, Pre Iraq war, and that Racism is the biggest problem ever, and worse now then in any point ever in USA history.

Why do they do that.

Their agenda:

1. To divide the USA on political, social, racial lines

2. To start a race war.

3. To turn the USA into another communist, marxist, socialist Russia, Venezuela, Cuba, dictatorship.

You may disagree, and if so ok. But I am speaking the facts, Truth, and if you dont agree, then will have to agree to disagree and drop it and leave it at that.

FWIW, I said that 1/3rd of Americans are racist as hell, 1/2 have racist tendencies, and 1/6th don't have any racist feelings. The vast majority of Americans have racist feelings.

Chris Rock used to joke that the most racist person on the planet was an old black man....and he wasn't lying. Racism isn't a white person thing at all. My daughter is dating a kid whose parents were born in Vietnam. They had to discuss whether or not my daughter should be allowed to go to a festival for fear that she and her boyfriend would be harassed by others at the event.

You can talk about facts all you want, but when you start ranting about the communist media, conspiracies and race wars, it does not make you sound like a rational person. Not that my opinion on that matters to you.

F-U with your passive aggressive posts. From now on, I’m calling you out for every passive aggressive post. You’re going to hate me! Btw, Pullman is absolutely the safest place you could send your child.

Reactions: taf88
F-U with your passive aggressive posts. From now on, I’m calling you out for every passive aggressive post. You’re going to hate me! Btw, Pullman is absolutely the safest place you could send your child.

ED.....I've got to agree with CD on this one. He might have gone a little too harsh, but Broughton could have avoided the whole situation by acting differently. The cops were wrong, but Broughton was too. Any parent can send their kid to Pullman without fear of tazing as long as they don't break the law. If they are stuck in a position where they are being questioned by the police, even unfairly.....cooperate. Police over-reach is a real problem in our country right now, but in most cases, the victims of abuse by the police had a hand in their own beating by virtue of failing to cooperate. I've dealt with a jack booted thug cop that was just itching to arrest my friend and it didn't take much to talk the guy down. It's sad that civilians have to be the adults in the room sometimes, but that's the world we live in.

ED.....I've got to agree with CD on this one. He might have gone a little too harsh, but Broughton could have avoided the whole situation by acting differently. The cops were wrong, but Broughton was too. Any parent can send their kid to Pullman without fear of tazing as long as they don't break the law. If they are stuck in a position where they are being questioned by the police, even unfairly.....cooperate. Police over-reach is a real problem in our country right now, but in most cases, the victims of abuse by the police had a hand in their own beating by virtue of failing to cooperate. I've dealt with a jack booted thug cop that was just itching to arrest my friend and it didn't take much to talk the guy down. It's sad that civilians have to be the adults in the room sometimes, but that's the world we live in.

Yes, and both sides were at fault in Charlottesville.
Sincerely, Donald Trump.

The cops were wronger, and they were wrong first.

And my comments do not mean that I agree with anything Ed said. Ever.

So, you meant the Seattle PD, since jurisdiction isn’t important. Or was it NYPD? Or LAPD? Or Chicago PD?

Well if Casto got busted smoking a bowl after the police in New York noticed a screen out, then maybe I am talking about the NYPD.

OMG. what is passive aggressive about that? Why would I hate you, I don't know you?

It is reality. Parents, are very observant about that. It is on video which makes it very powerful.

Let me ask you this, have you EVER put yourself in the shoes of someone who has been profiled? Have you ever seen it up close and personal? Yes, Pullman is safe from gun violence, stabbings and the like. But what if you are black and you are from Compton and you are headed to a predominately white small farming/college town and you see a guy getting harassed and manhandled over $20.00 and it is right there on video. You think that somehow reassures a black recruit that is a safe place for him?

Yeah, I know it is safe. But that and the Luani situation up on campus by the University police I would think raises the concern of the coaches and administration.A matter of fact Leach got involved.

Didn't Barber and Luani receive the long arm of the law? Again, what makes it so damning is the video. To counter this thought, do you see any videos of a white kid on the video getting taken down in this manner? I haven't, and I am not even conceding that hasn't happened. I just know what has been posted and it is not a good look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT