ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Colorado

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
I told ya so.

I've watched the Buffs play several times this year. They're not as bad as their conference record suggests. We need to be wary of a letdown next weekend. It's a classic trap game after what we've navigated the past several weeks and in advance of the apple cup.

I told ya so.

I've watched the Buffs play several times this year. They're not as bad as their conference record suggests. We need to be wary of a letdown next weekend. It's a classic trap game after what we've navigated the past several weeks and in advance of the apple cup.

Depends on how the game goes tomorrow, but I think we handle them. I would have been more worried if they pulled out that game against SC and were 5-6 playing for a bowl game next week in front of like 12K people, but wonder how they'll look being 4-7 and playing with their back up. They are improved, but they are like us last year, can't close out games. Wonder how many years McIntyre has.

I told ya so.

You took the right exit, but made the wrong turn. The closeness of last night's CU game has little to do with the buff's competence and everything to do with Trojan ineptitude: the USC punter can't punt, the kicker can't kick, Kessler has apparently forgotten that QBs don't HAVE to lumber around with the ball if nobody is open, they can actually throw the ball away; it takes half the d-line to tackle journeymen players, there is no secondary to speak of, etc., etc., etc.. As Parcells famously said: you are what your record says you are. The Cougars' success is too new, they're not going to take ANYONE for granted.....the cougars have an OFFENSE, the Trojans have great PLAYERS. Big difference. The cougs will win fairly easily, because they know what to do in an actual OFFENSE.

BTW, one more thing about the Trojan ineptitude: watch Adoree Jackson trying to figure out how to return kicks and punts. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Here is this 5-star guy, and he catches the ball when he should let it go; he runs it out of the EX when he should take a knee; he lets it go when he should fair catch; he runs slow and east west when he should run north-south....He is the team in a nutshell. Leach has far worse players than Helton but has formed them into a coherent team where everyone knows their job. Trojans look like a Chinese Fire Drill .....

You took the right exit, but made the wrong turn. The closeness of last night's CU game has little to do with the buff's competence and everything to do with Trojan ineptitude: the USC punter can't punt, the kicker can't kick, Kessler has apparently forgotten that QBs don't HAVE to lumber around with the ball if nobody is open, they can actually throw the ball away; it takes half the d-line to tackle journeymen players, there is no secondary to speak of, etc., etc., etc.. As Parcells famously said: you are what your record says you are. The Cougars' success is too new, they're not going to take ANYONE for granted.....the cougars have an OFFENSE, the Trojans have great PLAYERS. Big difference. The cougs will win fairly easily, because they know what to do in an actual OFFENSE.

BTW, one more thing about the Trojan ineptitude: watch Adoree Jackson trying to figure out how to return kicks and punts. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Here is this 5-star guy, and he catches the ball when he should let it go; he runs it out of the EX when he should take a knee; he lets it go when he should fair catch; he runs slow and east west when he should run north-south....He is the team in a nutshell. Leach has far worse players than Helton but has formed them into a coherent team where everyone knows their job. Trojans look like a Chinese Fire Drill .....
I haven't paid much attention to the Trojans this year since they are not on our schedule. Watched a bit of the game intermittently during the WSU/No. Arizona basketball game. From what I saw I came away with the same impression as you did. What caught my attention was USC's defense. Wilcox, their DC, is well regarded but the defense I saw appeared confused and unprepared. Frankly, I was stunned. With a roster of former 4 and 5 star recruits and a good DC, a disorganized defense was the last thing I expected. And no one can put this blame on Sark's problems and absence. This was on Wilcox and his assistants. Why? I am still puzzled this morning. After what I observed last night I wish we were playing the Trojans instead of the Bruins today. They were a mess.

If Helton had any hopes of becoming the permanent HC, this should put the final nail in that coffin.

Both USC o line and d line looked fat and unathletic last night compared to what they have looked like in the past. Kessler is slow, has cement feet. We should handle Colorado just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT