ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Wish List?

CougSinceBirth

Hall Of Fame
Nov 14, 2009
What's everyone hoping to see over the next few months as the class shapes up?

DT - obviously, yes please.
LB - yes please.
WR - Joseph Lewis, current Oregon commit - (I think anyone in the country would be happy to have him...)

LB - yes please.
WR - Joseph Lewis, current Oregon commit - (I think anyone in the country would be happy to have him...)

A Luani clone. The ex-Alabama QB perhaps. Some speedy secondary guys. A big, physical, fast WR.

Back to back winning seasons, facility upgrades complete, most of our recruiting competition struggling, I just want us to get on the middle rung in recruiting. We've done it in the past, the time is now to do it again. With a modest recruiting upgrade overall, Leach can win the Pac-12. It starts with signing a couple big name kids showing you belong in the big time recruiting trenches.

Alas, the best ambassador of everything it is to be a Coug, is in the press box.

I see Justus Rogers filling that role. (Luani). Perfect size and speed.
For now--he's gonna put on some size after a year or two in the weight room. I'm hoping he gets up to 230 and keeps his speed to be our next draftable LB.

LB - yes please.

They have to get taller at DL, faster in the defensive backfield, a big time pass rusher and they need a receiver that can take the top off the defense.

LB - yes please.
Also a real punter and a kicker that can kick the ball through the end zone. We are usually in a lot of tight games...special teams is huge.

Also a real punter and a kicker that can kick the ball through the end zone. We are usually in a lot of tight games...special teams is huge.
In complete agreement. But I've always wondered about how CML truly feels about kickers/punters. I recall a story from TT where, during a game there was a spectator contest to see who could kick a field goal. Some kid came out and did outstanding. CML heard about it and gave him a schollie for it.

I don't know if that shows he's willing to do anything to get a kicker or a reflection that he doesn't recruit punters well. But it's a story I always think of, every time we go for 3.

In complete agreement. But I've always wondered about how CML truly feels about kickers/punters. I recall a story from TT where, during a game there was a spectator contest to see who could kick a field goal. Some kid came out and did outstanding. CML heard about it and gave him a schollie for it.

I don't know if that shows he's willing to do anything to get a kicker or a reflection that he doesn't recruit punters well. But it's a story I always think of, every time we go for 3.

Bit of revisionist history there. He didn't offer the kid a scholarship on the spot. He was asked to walk on.

LB - yes please.
I'll add to this at least one solid corner who can play man coverage, and a hard-hitting safety to play center field. I think it was clear several times this season - and never more than our last two games - that our current crop of CBs have a low ceiling, and that we take a big step down at the safety spot when Luani moves to nickel.

OL - we need a new center and a solid RT.
WR - I want two. A deep threat who can stretch the D, and a reliable possession guy over the middle to replace Cracraft. The possession guy may already be on the roster, but I'm not yet convinced of this.
QB - seriously. I know we (probably) have Falk for another year, but we're a bit thin and pretty much unproven behind him. I still feel like he regressed this year, and seems like his last couple games were the worst (10 INTs on the season, 5 against Cal, Colorado, and UW). I lost count of how many times he didn't even look at open receivers in the last two. During Apple Cup, I think Robert Lewis was probably the loneliest person in the stadium - there were a lot of time UW didn't even bother covering him.

Powell did a pretty good job on kickoffs. At least once league games started.

I lost count of how many times he didn't even look at open receivers in the last two. During Apple Cup, I think Robert Lewis was probably the loneliest person in the stadium - there were a lot of time UW didn't even bother covering him.
Lewis was strangely quiet this season. Last year he made a number of key 3rd/4th down catches. I thought with Cracraft going out that Lewis would get more targets. Big early drop against CU but came back with a couple good grabs.

Anyway, maybe an issue of trust or just coincidence? Just thought he would make a bigger impact this season.

DL - Size/speed/aggressive players
WR- Size/speed/aggressive players
CB- Size/speed/aggressive players

etc.

Well, crap -- we better tell the coaches. They were shooting for those small, slow, passive guys this whole time! :)

Yeah. I guess overall that is what I would LIKE to see at all positions. If I have my pick of just one, give me Very angry DL's all day.

Bit of revisionist history there. He didn't offer the kid a scholarship on the spot. He was asked to walk on.
Sorry Fab. I do know he had one by the end of his college career. All stories I've ever heard just make the blanket statement he got on the team. I guess I assumed. Sorry if I misrepresented history. Here's the 60 minutes story CSB mentioned. They weren't clear, either. Around 5:30 in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT