ADVERTISEMENT

Report: JaMarcus Shepard leaving to reunite with pal at Purdue

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports confirmed a report WSU Inside Receivers coach JaMarcus Shepard is departing after one season to reunite with former WKU head coach Jeff Brohm at Purdue. Brohm was recently named HC at Purdue.

I was going to post yesterday who we expect to move to another job after this season.

Now we know of one. Will be interesting to see if any other movements happen.

he must (a) really like working w/ brohm or (b) be getting a promotion/raise. hard to imagine leaving wsu to go to purdue otherwise.

What's his pay going to be? I ask because he was making next to nothing in the job prior to coming to WSU (where he made $200,000 or so). I'm not saying I have insider info, but I'm thinking he just wasn't a good fit on the staff.

Was he a good recruiter for you guys? Granted he was only there for 1 year so maybe too small of a sample size.

Was he a good recruiter for you guys? Granted he was only there for 1 year so maybe too small of a sample size.

He was still busy recruiting guys just last week, but news of the Purdue job must have leaked early, because a top WR recruit chose Boise State over WSU just recently.

One cannot really blame the guy since he is from the area. However coaching changes at this time will hurt recruiting.

Too small of a sample size. At his previous stops, he had recruited the east coast. His recruiting territory with the Cougars was southern California. Recruiting is a lot about relationship building. He did not have enough time to build up relationships.

Since he is from Indiana, he should have contacts already and hit the ground running for you guys.

Reactions: Coug95man2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT