ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurants

95coug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
My youngest is making the trip with me today and asked me if there’s sushi in Pullman. I’ve been getting the same postgame meal for several years, so I didn’t have an answer. I don’t see anything on yelp or TripAdvisor, so…does anyone know if there’s sushi in Pullman? And is it safe to eat before I get back in the car? I don’t want gas station deli case sushi.

Tokyo Seoul. Love that name! Here in SoCal, the bulk of the sushi places are owned/run by Koreans, so that makes complete sense. But what a great name! I'm impressed.

Tokyo Seoul. Love that name! Here in SoCal, the bulk of the sushi places are owned/run by Koreans, so that makes complete sense. But what a great name! I'm impressed.
Tokyo Seoul is really good.

Red Bento is solid if quantity is desired. Pretty sure they are still located in both Pullman and Moscow.

Nothing screams good 'ol college football game-day food like....sushi? That's all I have to say about that
Yeah, well…she’s 7. We got to town too late for it anyway, so I talked her into a sausage dog. As an added bonus she couldn’t finish it, so I got extra.

Reactions: UberCougars
Tokyo Seoul is really good.

Red Bento is solid if quantity is desired. Pretty sure they are still located in both Pullman and Moscow.
The very name Red Bento scares me. There was one in Pasco until recently…when it was shut down by the health department for egregious violations. Uncontrolled infestations, food sitting out for hours, and the really great one was when - during the inspection - the proprietor stuck her finger in a pot of sauce, tasted it, then stuck her finger back in and offered the inspector a taste…from her finger. Then they refused access to another storage (probably where they kept the cats).
My wife actually ate there not too long ago. She said that in addition to being grossly non-compliant, their food wasn’t very good and their service sucked.

They’ve changed their name now. Not sure if they changed management. I don’t intend to find out.

The very name Red Bento scares me. There was one in Pasco until recently…when it was shut down by the health department for egregious violations. Uncontrolled infestations, food sitting out for hours, and the really great one was when - during the inspection - the proprietor stuck her finger in a pot of sauce, tasted it, then stuck her finger back in and offered the inspector a taste…from her finger. Then they refused access to another storage (probably where they kept the cats).
My wife actually ate there not too long ago. She said that in addition to being grossly non-compliant, their food wasn’t very good and their service sucked.

They’ve changed their name now. Not sure if they changed management. I don’t intend to find out.

Yeah, well…she’s 7. We got to town too late for it anyway, so I talked her into a sausage dog. As an added bonus she couldn’t finish it, so I got extra.
Nice! Good on you for exposing her to interesting and diverse foods. I do like sushi tho. Taihtsat

Go to Pasco, eat sushi? You go to Pasco to eat great Mexican. That said, Kennewick has a couple of nice Indian places (much better than in Spokane)...so what do I know?

Barf. Who likes raw fish? Not this Coug.
Are you saying that because you've tried a bunch and genuinely dislike it, or because you don't think you'd like it based on what you think you know about it? My food preferences tend to run on the bland side (my daughter would call that an understatement) and I don't particularly care for most oriental foods, but good sushi is the exception for me.

Go to Pasco, eat sushi? You go to Pasco to eat great Mexican. That said, Kennewick has a couple of nice Indian places (much better than in Spokane)...so what do I know?
There are some really good Mexican places in Pasco & kennewick. Most of them are on wheels.

There was a pretty good sushi place in kennewick too, but new management has ruined it.

At least two good Indian ones there too.

But I can’t get a decent steak

Are you saying that because you've tried a bunch and genuinely dislike it, or because you don't think you'd like it based on what you think you know about it? My food preferences tend to run on the bland side (my daughter would call that an understatement) and I don't particularly care for most oriental foods, but good sushi is the exception for me.
The latter. And to respond to another post, YakiVegas (obviously) has some great mexi food.

And it's Asian food, not oriental, Mr. non-PC. :):)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT