ADVERTISEMENT

Rice to Indiana

I'm not that bummed. Despite his slick drives to the hoop, Rice was not very good at the 3 ball and dribbled around way too much and passed it to his open shooters way too little. Don't know how that would have translated to Riley's offense. Definitely prefer to keep Wells and Watts. I don't think Wells has entered the portal and doubt that he will get good enough feedback to stay in the draft. And hope Cluff comes back and works like hell on his longer shots. As said before, he has a pretty good mid-range jumper.

Tough to lose the Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year. One of the best freshmen WSU has had in decades. I'm sure Riley could've used him.

Glad Cougar

Big fan of Rice and thought he was key to the Cougs success this year. I readily grant his shooting slump in the last half dozen games hurt. I agree that getting Wells back and teaming with Watts is a good start for Riley's offense. You still need a point guard. This is what drives me nuts about the current situation in college sports. The Cougs (somewhat surprisingly) put together a good core that that had a chance to be really good and then it all splinters apart. I'm not sure why Rice thinks he will be better off at Indiana than in Pullman but I guess that is his decision.

Big fan of Rice and thought he was key to the Cougs success this year. I readily grant his shooting slump in the last half dozen games hurt. I agree that getting Wells back and teaming with Watts is a good start for Riley's offense. You still need a point guard. This is what drives me nuts about the current situation in college sports. The Cougs (somewhat surprisingly) put together a good core that that had a chance to be really good and then it all splinters apart. I'm not sure why Rice thinks he will be better off at Indiana than in Pullman but I guess that is his decision.
Let’s not kid ourselves. Playing for a new coach with to be determined teammates in HS gyms in the WCC vs playing in front of packed houses at Wisconsin, at Michigan etc against much better competition for a big NIL bag wouldn’t be a very hard decision.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Playing for a new coach with to be determined teammates in HS gyms in the WCC vs playing in front of packed houses at Wisconsin, at Michigan etc against much better competition for a big NIL bag wouldn’t be a very hard decision.
Well when you put it that way........ :)

Might I add that we could have had a deal where we would instead be playing a league of teams with real arenas that sent 6 of them to the tournament this year.

Reactions: Coug90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT