ADVERTISEMENT

Rorie college choice ceremony tomorrow

As cool as it would be to have Rorie become a Coug, these "ceremonies" never work out for WSU. When was the last time a kid in any sport held a public announcement spectacle and told the work he was going to be a Cougar?

I'll be happy to eat my words and pessimism on this one.

Glad Cougar

Originally posted by Glad Cougar:
As cool as it would be to have Rorie become a Coug, these "ceremonies" never work out for WSU. When was the last time a kid in any sport held a public announcement spectacle and told the work he was going to be a Cougar?

I'll be happy to eat my words and pessimism on this one.

Glad Cougar
Imagine the commotion it is going to cause if he chooses the U of O at this ceremony being held in the middle of uw territory. There might be some boos by some students.

Almost every kid who ever signs has a signing party / ceremony usually at his high school.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Almost every kid who ever signs has a signing party / ceremony usually at his high school.
I understand that. I believe this is different, as Oregon is in a different category.

My mind says we are running third but it also says WSU is the best playing fit. I like Chauca but Rorie would be a home run out of the gate.

I live in the Tacoma area. I can honestly say, I think there are more Cougs then Huskies here. The Beach Tavern, Levy's hangout, all Coug. Harmon/Hub, Coug (even though he doesn't display it).

I get the sense from my kids, that "Oregon" is the "sexy" school these days in most kids eyes. WSU has some "cool factor" as well as its still perceived as a party/fun school (even though these kids today have NO idea of what it used to be....none).

Oregon is just one of the players, maybe the leader but has nothing to do with the ceremony part.

Originally posted by jourdand:
Oregon is just one of the players, maybe the leader but has nothing to do with the ceremony part.
You do not understand my point. It doesn't matter.

Originally posted by ttowncoug:

I live in the Tacoma area. I can honestly say, I think there are more Cougs then Huskies here. The Beach Tavern, Levy's hangout, all Coug. Harmon/Hub, Coug (even though he doesn't display it).

I get the sense from my kids, that "Oregon" is the "sexy" school these days in most kids eyes. WSU has some "cool factor" as well as its still perceived as a party/fun school (even though these kids today have NO idea of what it used to be....none).
Good points ttown. Oregon is the sexy school. But, it took them a lot of time and money for that to happen. It didn't happen overnight and WSU changing what people think of it will not change overnight either. However, WSU headed in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT