ADVERTISEMENT

Rosen and Darnold

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
I figured Rosen would go, especially with Chip's offense coming in. I actually thought Darnold would stay one more year, as he is only a Sophomore. He could use another year of seasoning.

That said, good for the rest of the Pac-12 that they are leaving.

I figured Rosen would go, especially with Chip's offense coming in. I actually thought Darnold would stay one more year, as he is only a Sophomore. He could use another year of seasoning.

That said, good for the rest of the Pac-12 that they are leaving.

At some point you've done all you can do. Your stock isn't gonna go higher then top 5. Better take the $ before your stock goes down and you pissed away millions.

I’d argue that Darnold’s stock dropped this year anyway. He might not be able to afford more decline.

As for Rosen? I’m not buying on him. Did he ever make it through three quarters of a season the past three years?

Both are over-hyped and over-rated, but of the two, Rosen is the most ready for the NFL. He also had the most to lose if he stayed, since he got physically pounded this year and with Chip Kelly as his HC, he will probably run more and get pounded at least as bad again this year.

Darnold is not ready to play on Sundays. He would be a big risk for which ever team chooses to draft him. He has to hope that some NFL scout is believing his press clippings. I think he would have benefitted from another year of learning to read coverages and to throw a soft ball over the receiver's shoulder.

The NFL "experts" think Darnold can make all the throws and has some mobility.

I was skeptical about Wentz coming out of FCS....but they appeared to get that one right.

I too think Darnold didn't look that great, but he should not pass up 1st round money.

Both are over-hyped and over-rated, but of the two, Rosen is the most ready for the NFL. He also had the most to lose if he stayed, since he got physically pounded this year and with Chip Kelly as his HC, he will probably run more and get pounded at least as bad again this year.

Darnold is not ready to play on Sundays. He would be a big risk for which ever team chooses to draft him. He has to hope that some NFL scout is believing his press clippings. I think he would have benefitted from another year of learning to read coverages and to throw a soft ball over the receiver's shoulder.

I kind of see it the other way. Rosen may be better prepared technically, but he looks to me to be pretty frail and (bummer for him) already has multiple, recent concussions behind him. A couple of years of getting pounded behind a Cleveland or similar O-line and he will be through. If not sooner.

Darnold, while more raw, is a big kid who can move. He can survive long enough to gain the experience he needs to succeed long term.

Although over hyped, I think Rosen has a good shot of being successful in the NFL, especially if he ends up with any other team besides the Browns.

As for Darnold, he has bust written all over him. I think ESPN and the media hyped him up too much. They're obviously looking forward to hound everyone with stories and talking bits about the "TWO LA QBs" in the offseason. Makes me wonder if that's the reason why Darnold is so over hyped. ESPN in particular has a hard on for him that's hard to explain. Even when they lost to Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl, the narrative was "how Sam Darnold came up short" and not "Ohio State wins." Hell, I couldn't even watch our ESPN replay vs USC earlier in the season, as the commentators did nothing but talk about Darnold and made every excuse for him as to why he and USC were losing.

Loyal, while you have some good points about both guys, I just don't think Darnold will ever be an NFL QB. Too much Tim Tebow in him. But hey, I'm wrong about a lot of things. Just ask my kids or my wife. And this might be another in a long list...

I think Rosen is elite. I can’t speak to his health and durability, but he’s as close to Aaron Rodgers as any collegiate QB I’ve seen in years.

I think Rosen is elite. I can’t speak to his health and durability, but he’s as close to Aaron Rodgers as any collegiate QB I’ve seen in years.

Aaron Rodgers is so much hotter than Josh Rosen.

Sincerely,

Every girl LC asked

Although over hyped, I think Rosen has a good shot of being successful in the NFL, especially if he ends up with any other team besides the Browns.

As for Darnold, he has bust written all over him. I think ESPN and the media hyped him up too much. They're obviously looking forward to hound everyone with stories and talking bits about the "TWO LA QBs" in the offseason. Makes me wonder if that's the reason why Darnold is so over hyped. ESPN in particular has a hard on for him that's hard to explain. Even when they lost to Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl, the narrative was "how Sam Darnold came up short" and not "Ohio State wins." Hell, I couldn't even watch our ESPN replay vs USC earlier in the season, as the commentators did nothing but talk about Darnold and made every excuse for him as to why he and USC were losing.

With fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse, Sam Darnold of USC consumed Penn State in the 2017 Rose Bowl, televised by ESPN.

There are and have been other QB s more overrated than these two.The hype and fans worship makes people think that some QB s are way better than they really are.From what i have seen Rosen is the best QB in the PAC, while Darnold is probably second. The Arizona QB may have the most potential.After that,there are slim pickings.

Rosen has NFL stuff. I just don't know if he'll survive long enough to develop it. A team with a strong offense in other places might do well to trade up for him. As noted, if he goes to Cleveland I don't expect him to last more than 3 years there before he's out of football. I'm not quite as down on Darnold as cr8zy is but he's definitely the overhyped one. I think with Darnold a lot of people are seeing that shambolic style and reminiscing about Brett Favre, but he's no Brett Favre.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT