ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers West hires Fisch

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Pros for UW:

Quick resolution; avoided prolonged rumors and angst.
Proven coach.
Will probably hang on to nucleus of roster.
May poach Arizona.
They didn't want DeBoer, anyway. :cool:

Cons for UW:

He will leave for the first better offer.
He needs a lot of NIL money, especially with the big roster turnover at UW.
He has a buyout that I have to assume UW will be forced to pay...on top of a big raise...on top of losing a chunk of PAC money...on top of a halfsie share of B10 revenue.
UW has been crying the budget blues and this won't make the crying any quieter.

This promises to be interesting!

Pros for UW:

Quick resolution; avoided prolonged rumors and angst.
Proven coach.
Will probably hang on to nucleus of roster.
May poach Arizona.
They didn't want DeBoer, anyway. :cool:

Cons for UW:

He will leave for the first better offer.
He needs a lot of NIL money, especially with the big roster turnover at UW.
He has a buyout that I have to assume UW will be forced to pay...on top of a big raise...on top of losing a chunk of PAC money...on top of a halfsie share of B10 revenue.
UW has been crying the budget blues and this won't make the crying any quieter.

This promises to be interesting!
What has he proved?

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
What has he proved?
Biggs, he has proven several things.

- UW was desperate.
- UW is also gambling on his ability to gut Arizona's roster and use that as a reload in Seattle. Remember, these are the same people who lied to the PAC while in a leadership position, then conspired to blow up the league. Buying a coach who can bring half a team with him fits right in...
- More support for your position that kids should have to sign a multi-year agreement to get NIL.
- He was smart enough to be the first in the west to jump on NIL several years ago, and that was what set him up for this season. Call it what you want, but that was a good decision.
- And you know he was calling UW as soon as DeBoer's name came up for Bama, not the reverse. He has proven that he can sell himself.

Now, if you had asked what he has proven about himself, I'd have to remove a few things from the above. In my limited mind, his main claims to fame are an ability to recognize NIL for what it was before many others, and to put together a reasonably solid staff at UA to result in this year's season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coug90
Biggs, he has proven several things.

- UW was desperate.
- UW is also gambling on his ability to gut Arizona's roster and use that as a reload in Seattle. Remember, these are the same people who lied to the PAC while in a leadership position, then conspired to blow up the league. Buying a coach who can bring half a team with him fits right in...
- More support for your position that kids should have to sign a multi-year agreement to get NIL.
- He was smart enough to be the first in the west to jump on NIL several years ago, and that was what set him up for this season. Call it what you want, but that was a good decision.
- And you know he was calling UW as soon as DeBoer's name came up for Bama, not the reverse. He has proven that he can sell himself.

Now, if you had asked him what he has proven about himself, I'd have to remove a few things from the above. In my limited mind, his main claims to fame are an ability to recognize NIL for what it was before many others, and to put together a reasonably solid staff at UA to result in this year's season.
He is riding out of Tucson before the 1-11 catches up to him.

If deLaura didn’t get hurt, strong chance Fisch was gonna get fired late in the season as they moved to the Big12.

They came to Pullman at 3-3

Last edited:
Reactions: 425cougfan
Fifita and McMillan staying at AZ. Things keep getting better for UW.

I have to think part of this was raiding Zonas roster. Fisch hasn’t been anywhere longer than 3 years. Yikes.

Reactions: 425cougfan

Lots of “ifs” and “is hearing” but CBS’ Dodd is fairly reliable.
Yeah apparently both kids have a podcast and sounds like not only are they staying but are actively engaging their teammates to keep the band together considering all of the talent they have back next year. Good for them, I hope they can buck the trend. Meanwhile DeBoer is offering the top kids that committed to UW and reopened their commitments.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT