ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday was the perfect (purple) storm for the UW

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
A WSU offense without its best O-linemen, arguably the best QB in the conference, without one of its top wide receivers AND WITH a woefully inexperienced redshirt freshman quarterback - the UW could not have wished for a better situation. So, 28 points from turnovers later, Mike Leach refuses to give the mutts the credit they so desperately feel they deserved.
Chris Peterson and the UW deserve nothing, although a bit of criticism should come Petie's way for risking the health of an injured player (Feeney), who reinjured a shoulder in the game and could very well be out for a bowl game and whose career might be threatened (he's had multiple shoulder injuries). But that's OK. Peterson knew the opportunity that awaited him in his reaching .500 ball.

I feel your pain. But we lined up our team and they lined up their team and we got our asses beat. If it feels better to say coulda woulda shoulda, so be it, but head to head they beat us down. That's why you play the game.

Bender may never recover from that.

A WSU offense without its best O-linemen, arguably the best QB in the conference, without one of its top wide receivers AND WITH a woefully inexperienced redshirt freshman quarterback - the UW could not have wished for a better situation. So, 28 points from turnovers later, Mike Leach refuses to give the mutts the credit they so desperately feel they deserved.
Chris Peterson and the UW deserve nothing, although a bit of criticism should come Petie's way for risking the health of an injured player (Feeney), who reinjured a shoulder in the game and could very well be out for a bowl game and whose career might be threatened (he's had multiple shoulder injuries). But that's OK. Peterson knew the opportunity that awaited him in his reaching .500 ball.
There's a difference between not praising and actively disparaging an opponent. It's low class. I wouldn't defend it from a Husky coach.

There's a difference between not praising and actively disparaging an opponent. It's low class. I wouldn't defend it from a Husky coach.

Your team isn't very good. We were worse Saturday, but if you'd been stuck with Lindquist... Oh, why bother going there. Your 6-6 heads could never grasp it.

Your team isn't very good. We were worse Saturday, but if you'd been stuck with Lindquist... Oh, why bother going there. Your 6-6 heads could never grasp it.
Lindquist is third team. And injuries are part of the game. It seems fairly obvious that he was wrong factually, but Leach can believe what he wishes. That's not an excuse for SAYING it. Is it possible he has no clue that the defensive side of the ball can make any team a good team?

Lindquist is third team. And injuries are part of the game. It seems fairly obvious that he was wrong factually, but Leach can believe what he wishes. That's not an excuse for SAYING it. Is it possible he has no clue that the defensive side of the ball can make any team a good team?

Oh, and mutts have never diminished a Cougar AC victory. I'd suggest a long, hot shower to wash away the hypocrisy, but enjoy your great win that gets you into the Poulan Weed Eater bowl.

I feel your pain. But we lined up our team and they lined up their team and we got our asses beat. If it feels better to say coulda woulda shoulda, so be it, but head to head they beat us down. That's why you play the game.

I agree. They kick our butts. We played poorly and that is on us. It was frustrating not to have our #1 QB, but we had many issues beyond that.

I actually think UW's a good team. I take no pleasure in writing that. They pounded us, so they have to be good.

Very good defensively. Excellent running back. Their young Oline did well. Mickens made us look foolish on D.

If you disrespect the opponent that beats you, then you are disrespecting yourself.

Oh, and mutts have never diminished a Cougar AC victory. I'd suggest a long, hot shower to wash away the hypocrisy, but enjoy your great win that gets you into the Poulan Weed Eater bowl.
The UW fan refrain during seasons they have lost has frequently been "well, we weren't a good team". Like that is a good excuse.

I agree. They kick our butts. We played poorly and that is on us. It was frustrating not to have our #1 QB, but we had many issues beyond that.

I actually think UW's a good team. I take no pleasure in writing that. They pounded us, so they have to be good.

Very good defensively. Excellent running back. Their young Oline did well. Mickens made us look foolish on D.

If you disrespect the opponent that beats you, then you are disrespecting yourself.

That's so much B.S. I've watched them play several times this season.

Let's wait for CougEd to weigh in. He's always right.

"Back in 1935....."

:D

He usually weighs in right after a Cougar loss to blather forth, but he's probably cooking up some special blather for us. He's always quite titillated when Leach & company lose.

So you're burning your Don James blow up doll?

Here's my take. I thought it was a kind of a dick comment by Leach, but ya know, so freaking what? That's what I like about Leach. Screw the PC crap.

If we were good enough to win at UCLA, to take Stanford to the final buzzer, and to dominate ASU over the final 3 quarters, we were good enough to beat UW. That's what he meant, and who gives a flying flock what anyone else thinks?

Maybe it's becaise I'm an East cost guy, but I like the direct, unfiltered responses. If Leach pisses off the Husky honks, it only makes the rivalry better.

Here's my take. I thought it was a kind of a dick comment by Leach, but ya know, so freaking what? That's what I like about Leach. Screw the PC crap.

If we were good enough to win at UCLA, to take Stanford to the final buzzer, and to dominate ASU over the final 3 quarters, we were good enough to beat UW. That's what he meant, and who gives a flying flock what anyone else thinks?

Maybe it's becaise I'm an East cost guy, but I like the direct, unfiltered responses. If Leach pisses off the Husky honks, it only makes the rivalry better.

Too many so-called Cougar fans have become Montlake milquetoast. They'd rather be Little Dick Bairds than bad-arse Cougs.

Too many so-called Cougar fans have become Montlake milquetoast. They'd rather be Little Dick Bairds than bad-arse Cougs.

It's sad how sensitive our society has become. Did they not know what he meant by that comment?

Good Lord, there are some super sensitive Husky fans. If the roles were reversed, I would simply enjoy the victory and not feel the need to participate in the rival school's board. If Leach's comments hurt your pride so bad, you have greater problems than a .500 season.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Good Lord, there are some super sensitive Husky fans. If the roles were reversed, I would simply enjoy the victory and not feel the need to participate in the rival school's board. If Leach's comments hurt your pride so bad, you have greater problems than a .500 season.

Glad Cougar

This is my board.
No hurt pride. Just pointing out CML is a jackass and WSU fans should be upset with his lack of class.

This is my board.
No hurt pride. Just pointing out CML is a jackass and WSU fans should be upset with his lack of class.
KEVINANDERSON: I'M FAIRLY CERTAIN NOBODY HERE CARES WHAT YOU THINK OF MIKE LEACH, NOR DO THEY NEED YOU TO BE THE CLASS POLICE TO TELL US WHEN TO BE UPSET OR DISAPPROVE OF HIS ACTIONS. GO ENJOY YOUR APPLE CUP VICTORY.

Reactions: KEVINANDERSON
How cute - another coog trying to get the "dogged it" going because they can't stand the fact the term "Couged It" is a real thing. The hate in you is strong. Just can't stand it can ya. "Well, we're going to go make up a term of our own then, so there!!!". Very very very very very cute.

How cute - another coog trying to get the "dogged it" going because they can't stand the fact the term "Couged It" is a real thing. The hate in you is strong. Just can't stand it can ya. "Well, we're going to go make up a term of our own then, so there!!!". Very very very very very cute.

Yeah, just like "Clemsoned" is a real thing. They are having the last laugh. You have to mention this to disrespect WSU when it is your team that blows a lead. Pathetic really.

Yeah, just like "Clemsoned" is a real thing. They are having the last laugh. You have to mention this to disrespect WSU when it is your team that blows a lead. Pathetic really.

It's not my fault WSU caused this term to become a "thing". Especially in the northwest region. Seahawks Couged the Super Bowl last year :(. #dealwithit

It's not my fault WSU caused this term to become a "thing". Especially in the northwest region. Seahawks Couged the Super Bowl last year :(. #dealwithit

I think it must be that you are lacking in some way that you use an old term today. Fact is that in the last several decades, the uw has under performed more than WSU. It won't be long until the uw is put on probation again, as that is a part of the uw DNA. The uw cheats and cheats often because as a school, you cannot help it.

Seriously Kev. UW is what there record says they are. The ultimate in mediocrity.

Enough time spent here, your apartment must be a mess.

Reactions: KEVINANDERSON
I think it must be that you are lacking in some way that you use an old term today. Fact is that in the last several decades, the uw has under performed more than WSU. It won't be long until the uw is put on probation again, as that is a part of the uw DNA. The uw cheats and cheats often because as a school, you cannot help it.

LOL. Oh the crazy stuff wizzu coogs come up with. Quite entertaining. Put down the Keystone Light.

LOL. Oh the crazy stuff wizzu coogs come up with. Quite entertaining. Put down the Keystone Light.

You mean the truth about uw and probation in the same sentence? Yeah, it happens at the uw more than any other P12 school.

You're a funny guy.

Do you want the list?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT