ADVERTISEMENT

Score prediction thread...

I'm most concerned that we come out flat offensively. We seem to have a habit of doing that (particularly at home) and I don't get it. I'd like to see us grow as a team and show a fast start on offense with a continuing improved defense.

I think we'll score in the 30s and so will ASU. I'm a little scared of this game. Our positive momentum would take a big setback if ASU prevails.

But I have no idea what I'm talking about. I only have a long history to draw from.

This game will go a long ways to showing if this team has finally turned the corner mentally. Good teams shake off a loss and come out ready to play the next week. Will it be that or will we regress back to the same garbage we've seen the last 10 years?

Reactions: froropmkr72
I'm most concerned that we come out flat offensively. We seem to have a habit of doing that (particularly at home) and I don't get it. I'd like to see us grow as a team and show a fast start on offense with a continuing improved defense.

I think we'll score in the 30s and so will ASU. I'm a little scared of this game. Our positive momentum would take a big setback if ASU prevails.

But I have no idea what I'm talking about. I only have a long history to draw from.
I have to agree with you. I am concerned about this game and Colorado. I think we'll play our "A" game against UCLA and UW, but something tells me we make a lot of mental mistakes today. It depends if they're going to be ready to play.

Honestly? My gut is telling me this morning that we come out on fire!

I have to agree with you. I am concerned about this game and Colorado. I think we'll play our "A" game against UCLA and UW, but something tells me we make a lot of mental mistakes today. It depends if they're going to be ready to play.

I agree with 79 and they'll take care of business one week at a time. I think they've bought-en mentally and there's no reason why they can't win out.

Reactions: 79COUG
I agree with 79 and they'll take care of business one week at a time. I think they've bought-en mentally and there's no reason why they can't win out.
This is why. My latest theory: On WiFi, you're absolutley right. Problem is, many times, (more often than not), the PREDICTED outcome is surprisingly the opposite.

This is why. My latest theory: On WiFi, you're absolutley right. Problem is, many times, (more often than not), the PREDICTED outcome is surprisingly the opposite.
So far this year, the only flaw in the predicted outcome (assuming we can use Vegas point spreads as predictive) has been them consistently shortchanging Wazzu by 7-10 points.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Good Guys: 42
Heathen Satan Worshipers: 24
This game is 'strength on weakness' both ways, but our run defense is stronger against what they've got than their pass defense is against our passing game (not counting QB runs, but hopefully Bercovici can't gash us the way others have, we can take away a running back that isn't Royce Freeman). If Falk handles the rush and there's no catastrophes in special teams, Cougs 42/Devils 31. If he eats the ball too much and special teams tries to give the game away again, Devils 38/Cougs 27. I think the winner of this game wins by more than 10 points because of the aggressive nature of both squads. Whoever makes plays wins, and possibly big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT