ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Renewals

dgibbons

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2002
$15 to print my season tickets at home? Really? Just throw that cost in so I don't feel nickled and dimed.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
That type of shit makes you realize that we don’t have solid business management principles within our athletic department.

Reactions: Observer11
$15 to print my season tickets at home? Really? Just throw that cost in so I don't feel nickled and dimed.

I haven't got that far yet, but took a look yesterday on my caf account. I knew I was $200 short of my seatback donation for my two club seats. Well, I put everything in the basket and noticed off to the side there was a block that said: Upgrade to a premium parking pass for $1200. I thought, what?

I've always rec'd a "P" pass with my club seats. Now, they have a $5K limit for that pass. $200 would fullfill my seatback donation, the extra $1K for the pass-get me to $5K (which I have in the past). Now I'm thinking, I might have donated over the $5K before CAF year end, but now that they put a price on a pass, I may just park across tha street this year and save the $1000 for next year's seats. Hope it makes sense, a couple brews in me.

I haven't got that far yet, but took a look yesterday on my caf account. I knew I was $200 short of my seatback donation for my two club seats. Well, I put everything in the basket and noticed off to the side there was a block that said: Upgrade to a premium parking pass for $1200. I thought, what?

I've always rec'd a "P" pass with my club seats. Now, they have a $5K limit for that pass. $200 would fullfill my seatback donation, the extra $1K for the pass-get me to $5K (which I have in the past). Now I'm thinking, I might have donated over the $5K before CAF year end, but now that they put a price on a pass, I may just park across tha street this year and save the $1000 for next year's seats. Hope it makes sense, a couple brews in me.

Woah woah woah - you have club seats? So tell us about the luxury sections. Are they full? is there resale going on? Are the club seats an annual deal? Are your "club" seats the same as "loge" seats?

Woah woah woah - you have club seats? So tell us about the luxury sections. Are they full? is there resale going on? Are the club seats an annual deal? Are your "club" seats the same as "loge" seats?
...just bsing ya.

The communication on whatever the Athletic Department is doing with the mandatory donation/parking has been poor, as in nonexistent.

The communication on whatever the Athletic Department is doing with the mandatory donation/parking has been poor, as in nonexistent.
The communication on whatever the athletic department is doing has been poor, period.

Hoping that'll change with the new regime.

They sent out a brief email letting me know that my Beasley RV Pass fee is being increased from $750 to $1000.

They sent out a brief email letting me know that my Beasley RV Pass fee is being increased from $750 to $1000.
That's a pretty big jump, meant to price people out of their passes. I know RV passes are in demand, but are they in enough demand you can price people out of them and there will be people there to step in and buy at the higher price?

That's a pretty big jump, meant to price people out of their passes. I know RV passes are in demand, but are they in enough demand you can price people out of them and there will be people there to step in and buy at the higher price?

$250 is Jack to an RV owner. That’s a tank of gas.

I remember when having season tickets (not even donor seats) got me a "B" parking permit which allowed me to park in the main RV lot. Those were the days. Anyone else remember "Camp Coug", constructed each weekend by some RV'ers?

Back then we also could get a "tow vehicle" pass even if we had an RV rather than a trailer. Made it real nice to get around on game weekends.

Alas, those days are long gone. and yeah, at $1,000 I'm sure the main RV lot will still sell out. What are the rates back behind the bubble these days?

RV prices are high, but when the team is successful, people will pay. Lot #1 (Beasley) is $1000 for the season. Lot #2 (behind the IPF) is $750 for the season.

The minimum donation fee last year was $750, so I'm now looking at $1,750/year to be a Lot #1 pass holder....then there's the season ticket fee....plus the drive out from Seattle and the weekend time investment that goes with that.

Being a WSU diehard is a huge commitment. The biggest complaint I have with the RV lots is how poorly regulated they are on game weekends, and how much more improved the experience could be with a minimal investment on WSU's end.

We've never been able to solve the "shared lot" situation with the faculty, and as a result, there are numerous cars in the lots when the RVs are pulling in. Now, I understand that the faculty have passes and the right to park there, but there is absolutely no reason why the lot couldn't be roped off to where the faculty parking was restricted to the areas of the lot where RVs don't typically park. We're talking about 2-days/week, 6-7 weeks per year. This situation should have been solved years ago.

I've bitched about this before, and I'm generally over all of it, but you need to reward the big donors and premium pass holders by AT LEAST giving them a white glove experience when they drag their asses 80-400 miles one-way to see the team play. Have people in the lots assisting with parking. Make the experience as clean as possible.

are speaking as one? Because I am, and $250 is a nice chunk of cash, not chicken scratch.

Park at Walmart and save $1000 instead. $250 x however many RVs roll in helps pay down Moos’ debt.

It’s the same concept as the luxury suites. Jack the prices up as high as the market will allow. When the revenue drops, you know the price is too high.

RV prices are high, but when the team is successful, people will pay. Lot #1 (Beasley) is $1000 for the season. Lot #2 (behind the IPF) is $750 for the season.

The minimum donation fee last year was $750, so I'm now looking at $1,750/year to be a Lot #1 pass holder....then there's the season ticket fee....plus the drive out from Seattle and the weekend time investment that goes with that.

Being a WSU diehard is a huge commitment. The biggest complaint I have with the RV lots is how poorly regulated they are on game weekends, and how much more improved the experience could be with a minimal investment on WSU's end.

We've never been able to solve the "shared lot" situation with the faculty, and as a result, there are numerous cars in the lots when the RVs are pulling in. Now, I understand that the faculty have passes and the right to park there, but there is absolutely no reason why the lot couldn't be roped off to where the faculty parking was restricted to the areas of the lot where RVs don't typically park. We're talking about 2-days/week, 6-7 weeks per year. This situation should have been solved years ago.

I've bitched about this before, and I'm generally over all of it, but you need to reward the big donors and premium pass holders by AT LEAST giving them a white glove experience when they drag their asses 80-400 miles one-way to see the team play. Have people in the lots assisting with parking. Make the experience as clean as possible.

I believe that students also use the Beasley lot (may have changed). And for sure staff, who have to work on Thursday and Friday of game weeks. Doesn't help that the RV's start rolling in on Wednesday night. By Thursday night they are lined up and down the streets like vultures.

But yes at least some roping off would help. Or providing parking somewhere else for those days for the WSU folks with a constant shuttle bus. Maybe they could pay the churches around Beasley for their lots Thursday and Friday.

I have no problem with WSU charging what they can get for the premium RV lots. That's the name of the game. What bothers me is how "NOT PREMIUM" the experience feels like when you're trying to park your rig after driving 80-400 miles depending on where you're coming from.

Also, WSU has plenty of space available all over Pullman for RV's. I'm surprised more private businesses and land owners don't capitalize on it. If I'm WSU and a Pullman business owner, I would make everyone with an RV welcome on campus. Hell, McDonalds and Arby's should rope off an area for rigs. Airport way has tons of space. Wheatland RV has been missing the boat on this opportunity for years.

I actually wrote Wheatland a letter outlining the potential business opportunity for them if they were to offer seasonal RV parking, 30A electric, have food trucks on site on Saturday game day, etc. Fans like me would pay $300/month for something like this. Imagine being able to store your RV in Pullman have it set up so all you have to do is roll into town and start partying? As it stands now, I drive 5 hours, hitch up my rig that's stored there, drive to Beasley, hope that I find a good site, park, level, set up, etc. There's an opportunity there for someone to capitalize on. Pullman is blessed with SPACE!

I have no problem with WSU charging what they can get for the premium RV lots. That's the name of the game. What bothers me is how "NOT PREMIUM" the experience feels like when you're trying to park your rig after driving 80-400 miles depending on where you're coming from.

Also, WSU has plenty of space available all over Pullman for RV's. I'm surprised more private businesses and land owners don't capitalize on it. If I'm WSU and a Pullman business owner, I would make everyone with an RV welcome on campus. Hell, McDonalds and Arby's should rope off an area for rigs. Airport way has tons of space. Wheatland RV has been missing the boat on this opportunity for years.

I actually wrote Wheatland a letter outlining the potential business opportunity for them if they were to offer seasonal RV parking, 30A electric, have food trucks on site on Saturday game day, etc. Fans like me would pay $300/month for something like this. Imagine being able to store your RV in Pullman have it set up so all you have to do is roll into town and start partying? As it stands now, I drive 5 hours, hitch up my rig that's stored there, drive to Beasley, hope that I find a good site, park, level, set up, etc. There's an opportunity there for someone to capitalize on. Pullman is blessed with SPACE!

Yes but isn't half of the appeal of the RV park that it is, well, right across the street from the stadium? And right next to a few hundred or more Cougs that want to hang out and eat and party for 2-3 days? And then walk to the game?

Yes but isn't half of the appeal of the RV park that it is, well, right across the street from the stadium? And right next to a few hundred or more Cougs that want to hang out and eat and party for 2-3 days? And then walk to the game?

Of course. That’s all of it. If I was WSU, I’d offer more and charge more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT