ADVERTISEMENT

Seven seed in the East

playing Drake.

Saw them in their conference championship game against Indiana State.

Pretty dang good and looked like one of those gritty, well-coached mid-major teams that can give Power Conference teams fits if their shots are falling.

Drake will probably have a good fan turnout, too, since Omaha is only 2 hours from Des Moines, Iowa.

Hopefully Flat and some of his buddies can get to the game and make a bunch of noise

"Gritty, well-coached mid-major" gives me heartburn, just to think about it....

No, Loyal, because our historic track record against that type of team is not stellar.

I just keep telling myself that this team is different....
We're in a bit of a "playing to the level of the competition" funk. The dimwits on TV point out Rice's three point shooting without acknowledging that the dude's right thumb is wrapped. Hope that has had time to get right.

Pretty dang good and looked like one of those gritty, well-coached mid-major teams that can give Power Conference teams fits if their shots are falling.

Drake will probably have a good fan turnout, too, since Omaha is only 2 hours from Des Moines, Iowa.

Hopefully Flat and some of his buddies can get to the game and make a bunch of noise

It will be just me and my wife at the game if we get tickets. Unfortunately, with both Drake and Iowa State in our session, we may not go if we can't get tickets through the university. You can buy second session tickets in the lower level in Spokane for under $100 right now ($120 is face value). The lower level tickets in Omaha for our session are going for around $350/seat on average. The first session tickets are going for $82/seat. I want to see the Cougs play, but I'm not excited about paying $700 to see them. At that price, with hotel ($350) and gas ($80), I'm closing in on the money to buy the new 75" TV that I've been thinking about.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
We're in a bit of a "playing to the level of the competition" funk. The dimwits on TV point out Rice's three point shooting without acknowledging that the dude's right thumb is wrapped. Hope that has had time to get right.
Absolutely agree on the playing to the level of the competition comment. Hopefully we will perceive Drake as being tough competition, on what almost amounts to a home court.

I watched 10 minutes of highlights of the Drake/Indiana State game. Looked like they had a really good forward in Tucker DeVries (coaches kid), at least 3 good 3 shooters, and a big that was very big (6'10" 275) and talented.

Feels a bit like the women last year playing against an under-seeded FGCU at Villanova. That's this time of year though. Win or go home. Even 1-seeds have to watch out these days.

Seems like this thread is in the wrong spot but who cares. I'm sure Drake is a very good mid major team but they didn't win their own conference and as it turns out it was a one-bid conference. They are fairly small and our length should bother them. Every year the talking heads on ESPN decide on some low seed teams to advocate for. Drake is one of their choices this year. My bet is that most of them hadn't paid any attention to Drake until a week ago and haven't paid any attention to the Cougs at all. I like Drake, my wife got an MPA from Drake and I spent many days in their library writing a paper. None of this matters to the game. I think this is a decent draw for us and the Cougs will win.

Interesting.
My mom is a Drake Grad
My dad Iowa State
I have 3 cousins who graduated from Drake. One of them has a son who attended South Carolina, another son who currently attends Grand Canyon, and a daughter who is attending Montana State. All of those schools are in the NCAA Tournament this year. Now that's one excited family.

Glad Cougar

Seems like this thread is in the wrong spot but who cares. I'm sure Drake is a very good mid major team but they didn't win their own conference and as it turns out it was a one-bid conference. They are fairly small and our length should bother them. Every year the talking heads on ESPN decide on some low seed teams to advocate for. Drake is one of their choices this year. My bet is that most of them hadn't paid any attention to Drake until a week ago and haven't paid any attention to the Cougs at all. I like Drake, my wife got an MPA from Drake and I spent many days in their library writing a paper. None of this matters to the game. I think this is a decent draw for us and the Cougs will win.
I care. Go to the Beasley board to talk Basketball!

I’d be more convinced of success if our PG and potentially best player had hit a three pointer in the last five games. Outside of well and a tiny bit of Jaki we are frigid. Hope they all can find some consistency.

Chugs, if our point guard is once again playing with athletic tape around his thumb, the shooting may not improve. I thought his ball handling was about the same, though.

My hopes are that his thumb has recovered enough to enable a decent shooting night. And I'd sure like to see one of the other guys come out hot...

Chugs, if our point guard is once again playing with athletic tape around his thumb, the shooting may not improve. I thought his ball handling was about the same, though.

My hopes are that his thumb has recovered enough to enable a decent shooting night. And I'd sure like to see one of the other guys come out hot...
Put athletic tape on the other thumb. Problem solved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT