ADVERTISEMENT

Since Dickert became much more involved...

...with the defense starting a few weeks ago and we saw marked improvement since then, is Schmedding the issue?

What do you all think?
Several things… Dickert knows what he wants . Is the DC a good DC and had to settle in , or does he suck ? You had three or four coaches who didn’t coach together before on that side of the ball. It takes time to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I have taken this approach since I have been 29. No coach is as good as we think, and probably not as bad as we think either.

If Deboer does convert that fourth down , or Rome O does make a great defensive play on the five yard line when Colson had that ball picked , are we thinking he needs 10 million a year to stay ?

Eventually players need to make plays . Sometimes it really is a matter of luck . You don’t think Deboer was lucky twice on that drive ? First the roughing the passer call ? Or the two picks back to back by Colson ?

Always thought Dickert should have continued as DC. Saves 1 assistant and/or more money for the assistant pool. Dickert seemed good in the role. How much is he involved in the offense?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Several things… Dickert knows what he wants . Is the DC a good DC and had to settle in , or does he suck ? You had three or four coaches who didn’t coach together before on that side of the ball. It takes time to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I have taken this approach since I have been 29. No coach is as good as we think, and probably not as bad as we think either.

If Deboer does convert that fourth down , or Rome O does make a great defensive play on the five yard line when Colson had that ball picked , are we thinking he needs 10 million a year to stay ?

Eventually players need to make plays . Sometimes it really is a matter of luck . You don’t think Deboer was lucky twice on that drive ? First the roughing the passer call ? Or the two picks back to back by Colson ?
Are you trying to argue with me? I was asking questions not making assertions. Take a deep breath Ed.

When you say does when you actually mean doesn't it is very hard to make sense of what you are saying.

That said, sometimes you just have to think that maybe the universe is against you that day. A ball that could go anywhere after being tipped by WSU WR and uw DB ends up floating a mut for an interception. A ball that a WSU DB makes a play on bounces up in the air, but lands just too far away from the WSU player to make the INT. I recall the nightmare of a game when WSU totally outplays uw except for like 4-5 big plays that end up as uw touchdowns. I think one was a Joe Jarczynka WR pass that we had practiced against and coaches were yelling out to watch out for and our DB still got out of position and got burned. There was another where a pass over the middle bounced up in the air off someone's foot and goes right in stride to mutt WR that then runs right up the field for a TD. WTF, really? Can't quite pull up his name out of the memory bank, think he played for Seahawks for a while. Like I said, sometimes you just have to scratch your head in wonder at the way the ball bounces.

Reactions: ATACFD
...with the defense starting a few weeks ago and we saw marked improvement since then, is Schmedding the issue?

What do you all think?
Who said he was more involved in the defense? Dickert himself?

Just wondering since there has been a ton of conjecture and clickbait around here lately. Not saying he didn't say that, just honestly asking if he literally said "Imma get more involved in the day to day/ gameday decision making for the defense."

Who said he was more involved in the defense? Dickert himself?

Just wondering since there has been a ton of conjecture and clickbait around here lately. Not saying he didn't say that, just honestly asking if he literally said "Imma get more involved in the day to day/ gameday decision making for the defense."
He said it at his weekly press conference awhile back (after Zona loss, maybe?).

Reactions: Coug90
Are you trying to argue with me? I was asking questions not making assertions. Take a deep breath Ed.
Not at all. DIdn't have my readers on and thought I was actually responding to someone elses post. Let me translate ED for you. Dickert knows what he wants, means it is his system and takes people to get up to speed. So I don't think Schmed is the issue, but 3 months isn't a good barometer one way or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT