ADVERTISEMENT

So, what is there to make of UCLA's win over No. 7 UA and our...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
win over UCLA? Is there parity in the Pac-12? Or is this just some early season quirkiness?

Basketball is a strange game at times. The only real claim is that the cougs do have a legitimate D 1 team with good talent..A team also to have good coaching and give 100% if they are going to beat a good team. Of course,i have gone against the flow here and said that the cougs will finish around .500 in PAC 12 play.

Basketball is a strange game at times. The only real claim is that the cougs do have a legitimate D 1 team with good talent..A team also to have good coaching and give 100% if they are going to beat a good team. Of course,i have gone against the flow here and said that the cougs will finish around .500 in PAC 12 play.

Well, they were 7-11 last season, so .500 isn't that much of a stretch, although the adherents of the previous regime might think so.

win over UCLA? Is there parity in the Pac-12? Or is this just some early season quirkiness?
I think losing to WSU, but beating Arizona and Kentucky would drive a fan base crazy. I don't know if Alford is that kind of coach (where you don't know which team will show up each game).

I like what Dick Bennett said years ago. It was something like "If we are a 'C' team in terms of ability, I want be a 'C' team every game. I don't want a 'D' team one night and then a 'B+' team the next game." Very loosely conveyed based on my foggy memory....but you get the point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT