ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Former Minnesota HC hired to replace Grinch as defensive coordinator

Should have hired Akey

Good hire, after the big 10 kicked the ass of every PAC 12 team this past bowl season we could use some big 10 toughness on D

I think it is a very good hire. He has a lot in common with Coach Leach not playing college football and being good enough to eventually become a head coach. He was fired for things outside of his control. Now, Leach is giving him a chance to resurrect his career just like Moos gave Leach a chance to resurrect his career.

He did a great job at Minnesota. Now, I am curious who is brought in as the two other coaches.

Reactions: SaveFerris and Tx64
Should have hired Akey

Good hire, after the big 10 kicked the ass of every PAC 12 team this past bowl season we could use some big 10 toughness on D

Still got two open spots on the staff!

What a fantastic hire. I’ve commented before that one of the best “traits” Leach has as a head coach is his ability to build a staff, and this hire solidified that thought.

You never know how it will work out, but Claeys is a great defensive coach from a dominant defensive league. How far as WSU come in the last 6 years? We’ve got a $4m/year head coach and a defensive coordinator with P5 coaching experience and a 2-0 bowl record.

Reactions: Tx64
Great hire....Claeys has been primarily a 4-3 defense guy, so it will be interesting to see how much change from Grinch's defense we will witness.

Glad Cougar

Great hire....Claeys has been primarily a 4-3 defense guy, so it will be interesting to see how much change from Grinch's defense we will witness.

Glad Cougar

He switched to a 3-4 as a head coach and studied with Denver's DC who is an aggressive 3-4 guy. Believes strongly in a speed defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT