ADVERTISEMENT

The Everett Boys

If you had told me Watson would be starting when he was a sophomore when he signed I would have laughed it off. Not only has he started, he's been pretty good. Always a nice kid, but if you saw him in person there was nothing physically imposing about him. Undersized put it mildly and the kid was a swimmer for crying out loud.

He came to Pullman, lived in the weight room for a couple years, and has made himself into a good starting Pac-12 lineman. Tribute to McGuire, Miller, and the S&C, but also hats off to the kid for working his tail off.

If you had told me Watson would be starting when he was a sophomore when he signed I would have laughed it off. Not only has he started, he's been pretty good. Always a nice kid, but if you saw him in person there was nothing physically imposing about him. Undersized put it mildly and the kid was a swimmer for crying out loud.

He came to Pullman, lived in the weight room for a couple years, and has made himself into a good starting Pac-12 lineman. Tribute to McGuire, Miller, and the S&C, but also hats off to the kid for working his tail off.

Interesting to hear.

I grew up in Snohomish County, around Wesco football, and an Everett Herald subscriber. I enjoy seeing kids from that area doing well, especially if they are Cougs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT