ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA has themselves an issue with this "Hardship" Waiver

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
This Hardship grant went from near impossible to obtain to guys applying for it with zero legitimacy.

Last year when Ole Miss' Shay Patterson was granted one I was shocked. Here's a guy that played in 7-games and was able to walk right into Michigan and play day 1.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but these are the latest applications that reek.

QB Justin Fields = 5-Star Hot Shot Prospect last year, who appeared in 12 Georgia Games this year is applying for a Hardship heading to Ohio St.

QB Tate Martell = 5-Star Hot Shot Prospect 2yrs ago, who appeared in 7 Ohio St Games this year is applying for a Hardship heading to Miami.

Here's their Hardship = Not good enough to unseat the starter despite being all universe in HS, yet able to see action as a frosh due to the coach not wanting bad anti recruiting narrative out there.

Some of these QBs go to these schools cause theyre big time programs and the coach tells them theyll get a shot. They are over confident and in most cases they cant unseat the starter.

They should have chosen a school with a better opportunity. Pick a group of schools with good programs, good coaches and good academics. Then look at your path to being on the field.

Finding yourself transferring after a semester? Poor choice to begin with.

I would seriously look at a smaller program to transfer to. Josh Allen (WY) and Carson Wentz (NDSU) as well as Romo (E. IL) and a plethora of other QB's have been able to play on Sundays by being a big fish in a little pond.

Gardner Minshew never used a red shirt. I say we file for hardship due to the inept coaching at ECU. Maybe he can get a 5th year? Think he should at least get his 4 red shirt year games! Haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT