ADVERTISEMENT

The "we didn't want him" Husky crowd is on twitter...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
...saw a statement that he wasn't just a fraud that didn't want to be here....better off without him.

The Montlake meltdown is going to be AMAZING to watch.

...saw a statement that he wasn't just a fraud that didn't want to be here....better off without him.

The Montlake meltdown is going to be AMAZING to watch.
It’s incredible. Great day to be a Coug! MoonDawgie, where you be?!?!

It's fun on some levels, but it's also another example of how and why West coast college football is slowly dying off. $10M/year isn't enough anymore.

Reactions: 425cougfan
West coast football isn't dying, just a different priority. I could be wrong, but I believe the Glory days of football are slowly coming to an end. Sure, it will continue, and we will have a 12 game playoff next year, but it will never be the same. I mentioned on here a few months back when the Pac 12 became the pac 2 that I thought college football would go the way of NASCAR. Of course, NASCAR started in the south, football didn't, the only similarity is NASCAR was very popular in the 2000's ( I was never a big fan FWIW), picked up in the 80's 90's and peaked in the 2000's. Since then, viewership is down 50%, attendance 15-20%, and they had some scandals, issues and did things the public didn't care for. College football is at a crossroads, either this works or fails.

And as much as it is fun to watch all these Husky fans melt down after the high, they were on Monday at about 5, just before kickoff, college football has a problem. It is events like this that cause college football fans to ask, why do I care, why do I spend time and money on this? And that's why all this greed and money, NIL, portal, coaches moving, conference realignment, has eliminated all the things we loved about college football. Eventually fans leave, the West Coast fans just left the party early, but eventually the party dies down and ends.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
And that's why all this greed and money, NIL, portal, coaches moving, conference realignment, has eliminated all the things we loved about college football. Eventually fans leave, the West Coast fans just left the party early, but eventually the party dies down and ends.
It's been at least 30 years in the making? American amateurism was over when the US sent NBA players to the Olympics.

College football and athletics growth in the 90's was huge. The leadership (College Presidents) knew whenever an athlete took them to court to get paid they would lose. Yet leadership never did anything to put a system in place that would pay athletes in what's become a $Billion business a fair share. They just continued to roll out the same ball, do absolutely nothing, and let the chips fall where they may.

Now conferences have handed over decision making to networks that are literally the trains of "yesteryear". Anyone under 25 or maybe 30 other than southerners don't care about traditional sports or even watching TV. Yeah, the foundation has some cracks.

I understand what you are saying because beyond the Cougs, I am pretty well done with college football because of what is going on. I can pretty much guarantee that I will not be watching any games that the Cougs are not involved with next year including bowl games.

I understand what you are saying because beyond the Cougs, I am pretty well done with college football because of what is going on. I can pretty much guarantee that I will not be watching any games that the Cougs are not involved with next year including bowl games.
I'll tune in and grab a beer to watch a UW beatdown any day of the week.

That game on Monday night was a lot of fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT