ADVERTISEMENT

The weather is very concerning.

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
I can't remember it being more windy than it is right now. It's supposed to mellow out some by game time tomorrow, but as of right now it's unplayable for a passing team.

I might sneak over to the stadium later to see how much the scoreboard and new FOB help to shield the wind.

I can't remember it being more windy than it is right now. It's supposed to mellow out some by game time tomorrow, but as of right now it's unplayable for a passing team.

I might sneak over to the stadium later to see how much the scoreboard and new FOB help to shield the wind.
CP: Chill, buddy. My take on wind and rain for a passing team is--it hurts the other guys more than us. We are comfortable passing--the other guys not so much. Our guy has a lot more reps throwing and will adjust accordingly. Even a running team needs to throw it sometime. If they don't, more power to us.

CP: Chill, buddy. My take on wind and rain for a passing team is--it hurts the other guys more than us. We are comfortable passing--the other guys not so much. Our guy has a lot more reps throwing and will adjust accordingly. Even a running team needs to throw it sometime. If they don't, more power to us.

Dude....Stanford has the best offensive line in the Nation and the best running back in the conference. If the wind is as bad as it is now, we'll have a hard time scoring.

Dude....Stanford has the best offensive line in the Nation and the best running back in the conference. If the wind is as bad as it is now, we'll have a hard time scoring.

It's okay Patrol. Hopefully things will settle down. Don't worry yourself too much about it. The weather is something we can't control. We can control what we do. We played well in Autzen in poor weather. We can do it tomorrow.

It's okay Patrol. Hopefully things will settle down. Don't worry yourself too much about it. The weather is something we can't control. We can control what we do. We played well in Autzen in poor weather. We can do it tomorrow.

Patrol, your boys were just blown into the street and thick traffic. Make like Mark Fields and run'em down! Patrol to the rescue!

Stanford's OL isnt invincible. They've allowed 10 sacks with 166 pass attempts. We've allowed 23 sacks on 394 attempts.

Simple arithmetic tells us Stanford has a higher sack rate than the Cougs, and that number seems even less damning about our OL when film shows that over half of the sacks given up have been on our QB.

Their defensive front has been sub par. Ours has been quite a bit above par.

As far as the weather is concerned, the biggest problem will be holding onto the ball. Our defense, to a fault, has been really aggressive on ball carriers in trying to strip or punch the ball, and in doing so, giving up a lot of extra yards. I think in this game, this approach could cash in.

Mr Hesiman will have to field KOs and punts through the wind and rain, and i assume he will continue to be aggressive given his success, and the struggles we've had on coverage units. All opportunities to make a play and take the ball back.

Stanford has no QB threat on the ground. They will line it up and try to beat us in the trenches. I like our boys in the trenches this year. They raise hell and can man up with Stanford.

Stanford could not throw a single pass and score 21 points on us. That's all I'm saying.

We have to be able to throw the ball to score. Our teams success is predicated on scoring a lot of points. We don't have good special teams. We don't have a plan B running game to fall back on.

I posted after the apple cup last year that I think our offense is going to struggle in really adverse weather conditions. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. We'll find out today.

Short pass s, which is the bulk of our offense, work just fine in rain and wind. No weather worries from me.

I would like to see us get through one game without a special teams blunder. If we do that today and we win the turnover part we have a good chance to win.

I'll say this....unlike some other posters on here, I'll gleefully skip back to our camper with rainbows shooting out my arse and admit that I was wrong if we win, or even if we just give them a hard fought game.

Go Cougs!!

I'll say this....unlike some other posters on here, I'll gleefully skip back to our camper with rainbows shooting out my arse and admit that I was wrong if we win, or even if we just give them a hard fought game.

Go Cougs!!

Just make sure your wife gets photos of that for us.

Perfect football weather! If you're Stanford, you have to be wondering what you just entered. Great opportunity for the crowd to make this even more inhospitable for our visitors tonight. I hope we can keep the stands rockin'. Go Cougs

Go Cougs!!

For me, I have zero expectations and just plan on chilling with a brew and seeing what happens. If we lose....oh well. If we win...OH HELL! Gonna be a late night in the flatlands though!

Reactions: 79COUG
For me, I have zero expectations and just plan on chilling with a brew and seeing what happens. If we lose....oh well. If we win...OH HELL! Gonna be a late night in the flatlands though!

On the plus side....the chance of rain has gone from 100 to 99%. Better catch a nap....the kids are going to get very grumpy unless WSU leads the entire way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT