ADVERTISEMENT

these guys don't care enough...

longtimecoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
to practice foul shots, if they did this would have been a solid win. foul shots aren't as impressive as three pointer I guess

No doubt poor foul shooting cost us this game and the Washington game. However, they were 2-12 from 3 pt range. So if your theory is correct they don't practice 3 pt shooting either.

No doubt poor foul shooting cost us this game and the Washington game. However, they were 2-12 from 3 pt range. So if your theory is correct they don't practice 3 pt shooting either.

Right and rebounding. Giving up 12 offense boards to Colorado not a good deal. Que did a good job and Hawk. Hard to believe some of the other guards. Horrible comes to mind.

What does Ny Redding bring when he plays? I'm trying to figure that out.

Kevin ONeill was right, we were chaotic in out zone defense in the first half chasing guys around. Having our biggest guy out on the baseline defending was a poor idea.

Que Johnson hurt us at the end. A couple of bad shot selections when we needed a got shot to tie.

Like I said before...gonna be a long season.

If I were coach, my mantra would be no opposing player drives down the lane without getting bruise or two. Teams are getting too much layup practice against us. It's too easy. Reminds me of the Graham defenses we had.

Talent just isn't there. Recruiting needs to improve. I like Kent... But he needs to land a couple high profile recruits. Soon. We have a roster full of Big Sky talent.

I think the Pac-12 commentator Lamar Hurd has it right: the Cougs need a solid point guard to distribute the rock to their various offensive threats. Then, Clifford, Hawkinson, Iregbou and 'Q' become that much more of a threat and the offense flows much more smoothly. No one this year has assumed that role sufficiently well enough to enable that smoothness to assert itself with any regularity.

I think the Pac-12 commentator Lamar Hurd has it right: the Cougs need a solid point guard to distribute the rock to their various offensive threats. Then, Clifford, Hawkinson, Iregbou and 'Q' become that much more of a threat and the offense flows much more smoothly. No one this year has assumed that role sufficiently well enough to enable that smoothness to assert itself with any regularity.
I've been saying we need a point guard for weeks now. Not to sound like "I told you so", but I have been disappointed with who Kent has recruited to be our PG. Bone could never get this critical position right. Couldn't recruit a good leader who can hit a three pointer when needed, handle the ball well, take it to the hoop off the dribble and pass well. We don't need a 4 or 5 star guy. Just a 3 star guy would suffice. Like...say...a Rochestie clone.

Last edited:
Callison has the skills to be a good pg, but poor decision making and difficulty adjusting to the D-1 game have really hurt him. Defense has really gone south without having a rim protector available.

Callison has the skills to be a good pg, but poor decision making and difficulty adjusting to the D-1 game have really hurt him. Defense has really gone south without having a rim protector available.
Yes...but good decision-making is absolutely crucial in a PG. Maybe he'll improve as the season progresses. Oh, and he's not real good at knocking down the 3 ball either.

I agree. My only real reason for optimism is that he is a JC. As for the three ball, we seem to have a lot of decent 3 point shooters, but no real drop dead guy who could knock down 5 or 6 in a game.

Problem with all of these guards is that IMHO none of them can defend. They can't cut off the drive nor defend the 3-ball. Game after game with guards against us setting career highs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT