ADVERTISEMENT

Think Gubrud has a lot of potential

I think Herbert is the most accomplished. Khalil Tate, Tyler Huntley, JT Daniels, and KJ Costello bring a lot of P12 game experience to the table as well.

Patrol, Herbert to this point has been good. It will depend on how he does this year as to whether the word "great" can be used. If he is the best the league has to offer this year (basing the opinion on what we've seen to this point), regardless of what the national pundits think, then that means the league is not very deep at the QB position.

As for Gubrud, he clearly has done a lot more than Herbert...not even close...but he did it at the FCS level. What does that mean at the FBS level? I guess we'll find out.

Is that a serious question? Are you asking if Big Sky defenses are worse than Stanford, USC, Oregon, Colorado, ASU, and Arizona?
Here is a question ... despite level of comp who had the more distinguished career up to the point they transferred , Gubrud or Minshew

As for Gubrud, he clearly has done a lot more than Herbert...not even close...

Huh?

Herbert was 6-2 in his 8 starts as a Sophomore. Last season, he went 9-4, beat UW, and won a bowl game. In 2019, the Ducks are among the favorites to win the conference. Herbert is also projected to be the 1st QB taken in the NFL draft.

Gubrud has clearly NOT done more than Herbert...not even close.

Huh?

Herbert was 6-2 in his 8 starts as a Sophomore. Last season, he went 9-4, beat UW, and won a bowl game. In 2019, the Ducks are among the favorites to win the conference. Herbert is also projected to be the 1st QB taken in the NFL draft.

Herbert’s never beaten WSU.

Herbert has NEVER done anything on the level like only losing 1 game, no losses all season long then going DEEP INTO PLAYOFFS.

Even tho Herbert went against better competition, 6-2, 9-4, 1 mid tier 4,5,6 bowl game like Foster Farms bowl, DOES NOT COMPARE TO IS NOT BETTER THEN:

10-2, or 11-1, 12-0, whatever, whichever Gage got, about 2,3,4 play off wins, about 10,000 yards passing, about 90 TD's, FCS NATIONAL PLAYER OF YEAR 2 TIMES, ALL AMERICAN 2 TIMES.

For Herbert to compare, equal, be better then, more accomplished, etc, then Gage, Herbert would need about:

10,000 yards passing. About 90 TD's.

Herbert hasn't done that or better

10-3, or 9-3, or 10-2, Holiday, Alamo, Rosebowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, tier 1,2 Bowl win

Herbert hasnt done that.

And Herbert would have to do that 2 years, instead of 1, zero years of doing, not doing that.

Herbert would need to be a 2 time all american like Gage

Herbert has not been a 2 time all american like Gage

Herbert would have to win a award like Heisman, BEST QB, College player of year, pac 12 player of year, etc to compare to Gage's National FCS player of year

Herbert hasnt done that

And Herbert hasnt beaten WSU like Gage has

Doesnt matter what HERBERT is PROJECTED to do like projected 1st pick in NFL draft.

Not talking about projections

Talking about ACCOMPLISHMENTS

And Gage is MORE ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AWARDS, PLAYER OF YEAR, ALL AMERICAN, BETTER STATS, MORE WINS, ETC, THEN HERBERT

HERBERT IS HIGHER PROJECTED MORE HYPE, HIGHER EXPECTATIONS, ETC.

Not saying Herbert doesnt deserve that.

Not saying Herbert isnt the better QB.

Just saying that TECHNICALLY Gage is more accomplished, has more accomplishments, awards, stats, wins, then Herbert SO FAR.

Reactions: wazzubruce
Huh?

Herbert is over rated. I saw nothing from him that makes me believe he is gonna blow up the NFL.

In fact, I dont think for a second he has the same level of success in the FCS as GG had. Essentially the best qb with stats and awards to back it up.

If they were on the same team... does GG bring more to the table than Herbert???

Herbert is over rated. I saw nothing from him that makes me believe he is gonna blow up the NFL.

In fact, I dont think for a second he has the same level of success in the FCS as GG had. Essentially the best qb with stats and awards to back it up.

If they were on the same team... does GG bring more to the table than Herbert???
I agree, i don't understand all of the hype with Herbert I've seen nothing that tells me he will be nothing but another clip board holding duck QB in the NFL

I have no idea. I don’t know how anyone could, but to say GG is a lock to tear up the P12 based on his career at EWU is absurd. Herbert might be overrated, most highly regarded QBs are, but he’s won at the P12 level.

Herbert’s never beaten WSU.

And?? WSUs been an exceptional team over the last few years. Nobody apart from UW has had much success against us. Browning owned us. Would you take him over Minshew or Herbert? I certainly wouldn’t.

I agree, i don't understand all of the hype with Herbert I've seen nothing that tells me he will be nothing but another clip board holding duck QB in the NFL

Herbert is a bigger, less goofy version of Joey Harrington.

Herbert has done little to deserve the amount of attention slathered over him. He has good size, which I guess what all the hype is about, but for what he has accomplished on the field, he hasn't done that much. I'd take Minshew over him any day.

Herbert has done little to deserve the amount of attention slathered over him. He has good size, which I guess what all the hype is about, but for what he has accomplished on the field, he hasn't done that much. I'd take Minshew over him any day.

Jalen Thompson dropped a pair of INTs late in last year's game. And Herbert looked even worse in the ducks' bowl game.

I have no idea. I don’t know how anyone could, but to say GG is a lock to tear up the P12 based on his career at EWU is absurd. Herbert might be overrated, most highly regarded QBs are, but he’s won at the P12 level.

I dont think he’s a lock. I think he has a lot more going for him than the guys on the roster at WSU and other schools.

I dont necessarily think because he was at a lower level there will be a drop off. If you move up you could do worse or you could do better. WSU’s OL and skill positions as a whole are better than EWU’s. More talent around him has to be a good thing.

I dunno that the speed of the game is gonna hit him as hard as other kids.

As I have said before, I dunno if Leach is an idiot for running 4 receivers into 8 DBs or a genius for getting every defense in the league to drop 8 into coverage. His QB sees the same stuff every week. Other schools see 43, 42, 34, etc. Their QBs are always preparing for a new defense every week. Leach’s guy pretty much sees the same stuff. That adds up over the course of a season or career.

MB is gonna get the ball. A back like him is great for a new starter at QB. The OL should be a solid group too.

Can GG run??? That would help the offense a ton.

GG beat WSU on a FCS team. Herbert has never beaten WSU on a BCS team with a zillion dollars behind it and a roster filled with kids that wouldnt walk out of the classroom to speak to a WSU coach because they thought it was beneath them.

Oregon and its team of crybabies can piss off.

I dont think he’s a lock. I think he has a lot more going for him than the guys on the roster at WSU and other schools.

I dont necessarily think because he was at a lower level there will be a drop off. If you move up you could do worse or you could do better. WSU’s OL and skill positions as a whole are better than EWU’s. More talent around him has to be a good thing.

I dunno that the speed of the game is gonna hit him as hard as other kids.

As I have said before, I dunno if Leach is an idiot for running 4 receivers into 8 DBs or a genius for getting every defense in the league to drop 8 into coverage. His QB sees the same stuff every week. Other schools see 43, 42, 34, etc. Their QBs are always preparing for a new defense every week. Leach’s guy pretty much sees the same stuff. That adds up over the course of a season or career.

MB is gonna get the ball. A back like him is great for a new starter at QB. The OL should be a solid group too.

Can GG run??? That would help the offense a ton.

GG beat WSU on a FCS team. Herbert has never beaten WSU on a BCS team with a zillion dollars behind it and a roster filled with kids that wouldnt walk out of the classroom to speak to a WSU coach because they thought it was beneath them.

Oregon and its team of crybabies can piss off.

Well the nfl sees him differently , and being a first round draft pick isn’t about production , it’s about physical talent.

Herbert may never marry up to his physical talent, and I hope it doesn’t click against WSU. But it seems reasonable that Herbert has been stunted by having a different head coach his first three years, not a great way to develop any player .

Huh?

Patrol, I guess we have to agree to disagree. I find significant the conference championship that Gubrud has and Herbert does not. An unbiased observer would have to look at the two teams under the two QB's in question and conclude that Gubrud has done more. I'll let this go, rather than endlessly beat it to death, but it seems pretty clear to me, and I have no pro-EWU or pro-Ducks bias. As for your comment in other posts on this thread that Herbert has done what he has done at the PAC level, you are absolutely right. I acknowledged that in my post and noted that whether Gubrud could continue with what he has done at the P5 level remains to be seen.

Well the nfl sees him differently , and being a first round draft pick isn’t about production , it’s about physical talent.

Herbert may never marry up to his physical talent, and I hope it doesn’t click against WSU. But it seems reasonable that Herbert has been stunted by having a different head coach his first three years, not a great way to develop any player .

Herbert has all the physical tools a good quarterback would need to be lethal. He flashes them from time to time. But so much of the position is between the ears and Herbert is deficient there. But Gardner Minshew or Jason Gesser's head into Herbert's body and you have a first ballot hall of famer.

Reactions: mikalalas
He has a lot more P-12 wins, and a lot better supporting cast. Every time I hear the Herbert Hype I think of Josh Rosen.

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT