ADVERTISEMENT

This game in the heart of Los Angeles

Coug1990

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2002
Should be huge for recruiting. What an exciting victory. I am sure this is opening doors to players that had never thought of WSU. Every player in Southern California will know the Cougars beat UCLA in the Rosebowl. Players that are already committed will know they made the right choice.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Agreed- this season and this win in particular will be huge for recruiting.

I'm also wondering about the Spokane kid Weaver that committed to Cal. I wonder if he's having second thoughts?

There are a lot more good player to choose from.This win will certainly help in recruiting and players will take note.

I've been surprised by how many of our "gets" in recruiting have been on defense. Credit Big Joe for that.

On offense, Leach can make lemonade out of your 2- and 3-star players, but I'm really anxious to see when we get rolling and we're raking in loads of 4-stars and getting sniffs from some 5-stars. Hey Mike Leach, how would you like to START with lemonade and not have to make it at all?

I have to admit that when i looked at the schedule,this game was the only one which i thought was not winnable before the season started.Hell.i thought that last week too.I am glad that i was wrong

Apparently Manning indicated at the Spokane luncheon that a few UCLA commits had reached out to him to let him know they were interested BEFORE the UCLA game. It's always big to win in LA and winning out and ending with 10 wins in the top 20 wouldn't hurt either.

Apparently Manning indicated at the Spokane luncheon that a few UCLA commits had reached out to him to let him know they were interested BEFORE the UCLA game. It's always big to win in LA and winning out and ending with 10 wins in the top 20 wouldn't hurt either.

I would not be surprised if even more players connected to other teams contact him now.

I would not be surprised if even more players connected to other teams contact him now.

This is exactly what we had hoped for - winning and great facilities will bring this program back the abyss.

This staff has recruited without these kind of performances let alone wins. With this staff and Leach closing they should finish strong.

This staff has recruited without these kind of performances let alone wins. With this staff and Leach closing they should finish strong.

Backloading all of the visits may turn out to be genius.

Backloading all of the visits may turn out to be genius.
Definitely looks promising at this point. Bad season and they probably get what they would have anyway during the season. Good season and the pool gets bigger. They have seemed to bring in a few though. ASU and Stanford would have ended up decent although Stanford obviously was a brutal loss. I am not so sure how CU will go. Some students might stick around after a huge win but a lot will head back over the mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT