ADVERTISEMENT

This guys at it again.,,

It makes so much sense, it bound to not happen. Everyone left out of the SEC/B1G is fighting for relevance. The rest should ban and forge ahead together. Become the AFL or the ABA if necessary.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if I am understanding it right that saying the PAC, BIG 12, ACC is going to Merge into 1 conference:

THATS PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

And a lot less likely to happen then the remnants of the ACC and a semi rebuilt PAC merging.

IF FSU, Clemson, North Carolina, Miami, Virginia leave the ACC

AND COMBINED WITH

IF the PAC gets BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, UNLV, Airforce, Utah St, maybe CSU, maybe Wyoming.

THEN

ACC would get Memphis, USF, Tulane

AND IF ACC gets Memphis, USF, Tulane

COMBINED WITH ABOVE

THEN

ACC AND PAC WOULD MERGE

And the ACC would be a COAST TO COAST conference with East, West Divisions, Pods.

And the teams Divisions, Pods would be:

Western Division

WSU

Stanford

Cal

OSU

BSU

SDSU

FRESNO STATE

SMU

UNLV

Airforce

CSU

Utah St.

Wyoming

Eastern Division

Louisville

Virginia Tech

Pitt

Duke

Syracuse

Georgia Tech

Boston College

NC State

USF

Memphis

Tulane

Temple

UCONN(Or Villanova Or Xavier)

That would be a pretty damn good 26 team conference.

And even if Louisville Pitt also leaves ACC, then don't take Wyoming, CSU and still have a Pretty Damn good 22 team conference with good West and East Divisions.

And Travel wouldn't be a problem.

And that's pretty damn likely to happen if FSU, Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia, Miami(Maybe Louisville, Pitt) leave the ACC.

And it's a hell of a lot more likely then the Big 12, ACC, PAC all merging together, at least in the short to mid term.

Last edited:
It makes so much sense, it bound to not happen. Everyone left out of the SEC/B1G is fighting for relevance. The rest should ban and forge ahead together. Become the AFL or the ABA if necessary.

The problem is that ESPN/ABC, Fox and CBS are in bed with the B1G and SEC. I don't believe that they are going to allow the other leagues to not schedule B1G and SEC teams to be their bodybag games to pad schedules. Pay them $70-100 million and pay everyone else $15-20 million (or less). The imbalance will make the continuing power shift even more inevitable.

With CFP going to 12 teams this seems plausible and likely to me.
The key is creating a block large enough to out vote or veto the SEC and B1G. Scheduling amongst theirselves (that is a word according to dictionary.com) is a must for strength of schedule, both to keep the block's high and dilute the SEC and B1G.

Maybe people are waking up to the business prowess of the SEC and to a lesser extent the B1G.

The problem is that ESPN/ABC, Fox and CBS are in bed with the B1G and SEC. I don't believe that they are going to allow the other leagues to not schedule B1G and SEC teams to be their bodybag games to pad schedules. Pay them $70-100 million and pay everyone else $15-20 million (or less). The imbalance will make the continuing power shift even more inevitable.
Take another run at Apple. Talk to Prime. Cut the f’ers out of the loop.

If There’s no contractural agreement between these schools and those network or other conferences it’s moot. Balls in your court ESPN, you decide if leaving out 70% of the current P5 is good for business. Probably won’t be and those bags for the SEC and Big10 will see George Costanza like shrinkage.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
If There’s no contractural agreement between these schools and those network or other conferences it’s moot. Balls in your court ESPN, you decide if leaving out 70% of the current P5 is good for business. Probably won’t be and those bags for the SEC and Big10 will see George Costanza like shrinkage.

The problem is that the execs see that 19 million people watched Michigan - Ohio State and 720,000 watched ASU-UA in the territorial cup The UM-OSU game drew more than the entire Big 12 viewership that weekend...

When you look at the championship games this last weekend, the SEC and B1G drew 27.5 million viewers to their championship games. Ignoring the Pac-12, that's 6 million more than the other 8 conference title or playoff games combined. In the world viewed through the TV lens, everyone else is small potatoes.

week14cfb.png

Since you brought up the ABA, I am going to make a recommendation for anyone that ever watched the ABA and/or just has interest in it. There is a book called "LOOSE BALLS" all about the ABA, and it is excellent! Lots of inside stories about the shenanigans of the league, trades, drafts, and the coaches and of course the player. The players, my oh my, the PLAYERS! There was so much talent in that upstart league, it was amazing.

Do yourself a favor and find that book and read it. You won't regret it!

The problem is the networks F'd up the current PAC-12. Look at the ratings for UW/Oregon.

That said, I like the idea and it solves many of the current problems we are facing. Keeps the Pac-12 "band together" with room to add a SDSU and maybe UNLV to get the numbers back to 12.

Could be done by contract between the conferences. Or it could be one big conference, with the bylaws and other organizational documents providing the governance. Maybe other possibilities too.

the other rumor is the current ACC could "dissolve strategically" which allows Clemson, FSU and Miami to bolt while allowing the remaining schools plus the Pac-2 to reorganize as a super conference of sorts.

Pipe dreams. LIke someone mentioned, makes a lot of sense, so it will never happen.

Without Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and Florida st., for all intents, there is no money left in the ACC. None. The Big 12 will wait, and take NC state, Virginia Tech to fill out an Eastern group with UCF, West Virginia and Cincinnati. That will bring the Big 12 to 18 schools when Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Arizona st. join next year. They (Big 12) will become the third place conference in dollars to the P2. They will be able to compete in football against the mid to lower programs of the P2, but they will have no elite brands. Basketball is a different story, they will have most of the elite brands. Yormark is a BB guy. He could take UConn (possibly Louisville, but I don't think soo) and Duke to further solidify the Big 12 dominance in that sport. That would make 20 schools.
It will be enough for the conference to survive against the P2, but it will probably be looked upon as a feeder conference in football. The whole gd thing is disgusting. And now NIL and the transfer portal could potentially rip college FB and BB apart. But it won't.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Since you brought up the ABA, I am going to make a recommendation for anyone that ever watched the ABA and/or just has interest in it. There is a book called "LOOSE BALLS" all about the ABA, and it is excellent! Lots of inside stories about the shenanigans of the league, trades, drafts, and the coaches and of course the player. The players, my oh my, the PLAYERS! There was so much talent in that upstart league, it was amazing.

Do yourself a favor and find that book and read it. You won't regret it!
Great book. There’s some YouTube videos related to it as well

The ABA was legit. A fun style of ball and a bunch of renegade high flying players.

There’s a good Facebook group that commemorates the ABA too.

Shit you guys. I don't do Twitter or Instagram, and have -0- plans to start. I barely do Facebook. These links to sites that I can't even read annoy the shit out of me.

Sincerely, Loyal Boomer

P.S. It is 5AM here, and I assure all that I have not been up all night drinking. Actually went to bed early but woke up and said F it - might as well stay up and wait for dawn to arrive. Dog is still snoozing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT