ADVERTISEMENT

Three down and two more to come

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Coach Kent and his staff have nailed down 3 of 5 so far. They have 2 PG's in with Tramaine Isabell and Jackie Davis, tho Davis is more of a Combo and can guard both positions. He also has one Post player. They need to nail a replacement for Will DiIorio at SG. And of course have an offer out to Lyrik Shreiner SG out of Arizona who played for the Arizona Magic AAU team and who broke the Arizona state scoring record going for 65 points in a HS game.

He will in for a visit very soon.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
Coach Kent and his staff have nailed down 3 of 5 so far. They have 2 PG's in with Tramaine Isabell and Jackie Davis, tho Davis is more of a Combo and can guard both positions. He also has one Post player. They need to nail a replacement for Will DiIorio at SG. And of course have an offer out to Lyrik Shreiner SG out of Arizona who played for the Arizona Magic AAU team and who broke the Arizona state scoring record going for 65 points in a HS game.

He will in for a visit very soon.
Life is looking better and better for WSU men's basketball.

I think(maybe hope) that Schreiner will commit to the cougs. I read where it has come down to WSU and Cincy. The PAC 12 is a fine conference and much closer to Arizona and most kids want their parents to be able to see them play. He had taken a trip to Louisville but somehow that offer either was withdrawn or he decided against it. The recruiting blogs say that he has a great middle range shot and very good athleticism but for some reason classify him as a "midlevel" type of player. He is said to play excellent defense He had said he was going to a prep school next year but it appears that he has changed his mind. He would be an excellent (6'4 -170) pickup at the SG position.. I have no idea who the cougs are targeting for the other big man position. There is a 6'9 Andre Adams still available from the Arizona prep ranks but do not know if cougs are still involved.

This post was edited on 4/27 2:09 PM by ElComanche

Originally posted by ElComanche:
I think(maybe hope) that Schreiner will commit to the cougs. I read where it has come down to WSU and Cincy. The PAC 12 is a fine conference and much closer to Arizona and most kids want their parents to be able to see them play. He had taken a trip to Louisville but somehow that offer either was withdrawn or he decided against it. The recruiting blogs say that he has a great middle range shot and very good athleticism but for some reason classify him as a "midlevel" type of player. He is said to play excellent defense He had said he was going to a prep school next year but it appears that he has changed his mind. He would be an excellent (6'4 -170) pickup at the SG position.. I have no idea who the cougs are targeting for the other big man position. There is a 6'9 Andre Adams still available from the Arizona prep ranks but do not know if cougs are still involved.

This post was edited on 4/27 2:09 PM by ElComanche
I believe I read where the Louisville offer was valid, but Louisville filled up their allotment before Schreiner made a decision. You snooze, you loose. That may turn out to be good fortune for WSU.

This kid (Grimes) is a 2015 recruit. He has only played one year of organized ball Yet he is ranked 41st at his position of SF. He averaged 15.2 pts 13.2 rbs.4.8 assts and 6.2 bks a game during a recent 3 day tournament in Las Vegas. He will get a lot more offers.

This post was edited on 4/27 2:23 PM by ElComanche

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT