ADVERTISEMENT

Tony the Tiger!

I'm just pissed off at the weather for the game. Screw both of those teams. It was colder than piss in 2001, 8" of snow in 2015 and a freaking deluge of rain in 2021. El Paso has been a terrible experience for me on every trip. To hell with both of those teams and their fanbases for having nice weather. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I'm just pissed off at the weather for the game. Screw both of those teams. It was colder than piss in 2001, 8" of snow in 2015 and a freaking deluge of rain in 2021. El Paso has been a terrible experience for me on every trip. To hell with both of those teams and their fanbases for having nice weather. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
The conference realignment tumult hopefully allows us to be done with the Sun Bowl forever. I have a sneaking feeling, though, that when the Pac is rebuilt, no matter how that transpires, that the Sun Bowl tie-in will be retained and may even be moved up the hierarchy. Sure hope not.

Yeah, can tell that you aren't bitter. :)

Responding to another post, I poked around. 28 year relationship, 2 years left on the contract.

And edit - interesting article on the Las Vegas bowl. 2 years left on that one as well. Another reason to reverse merge the Pac 2 and MW in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Because as Always, it’s all about you, not the team.

Because as Always, it’s all about you, not the team.

Wow....projecting much? I know that you have a mancrush on Cam...or are related to him....but feel free go find yourself a dildo to ride instead of stalking me. It's not my fault that you're an idiot who can't make a compelling case for why Wisconsin in Pullman wasn't the most important game in the history of college football.

BTW, I was being sarcastic about the weather being nice for them since it was terrible for all of the WSU games in El Paso. Let me ask you this "uber" Cougar....did you make it to all three games in El Paso?

Wow....projecting much? I know that you have a mancrush on Cam...or are related to him....but feel free go find yourself a dildo to ride instead of stalking me. It's not my fault that you're an idiot who can't make a compelling case for why Wisconsin in Pullman wasn't the most important game in the history of college football.

BTW, I was being sarcastic about the weather being nice for them since it was terrible for all of the WSU games in El Paso. Let me ask you this "uber" Cougar....did you make it to all three games in El Paso?
Well most important game in the history of college FB is a bit of a reach, but certainly one the biggest in WSU FB history is right on.

Well most important game in the history of college FB is a bit of a reach, but certainly one the biggest in WSU FB history is right on.
There’s two central themes here being argued in congruence. Was this one of the biggest games ever in Pullman? I would say so. Did Ward put together a memorable performance and “lead tge team to victory?” Not really. He played fine, but the three defensive turnovers, one for 6, is what led us to the win. If you don’t agree, we weren’t watching the same game. If we’d have not gotten the fumble and lost I wouldn’t have “blamed” Cam, but the fact that I have to throw that “if” in there reinforces the fact the defense was largely responsible for the win.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
There’s two central themes here being argued in congruence. Was this one of the biggest games ever in Pullman? I would say so. Did Ward put together a memorable performance and “lead tge team to victory?” Not really. He played fine, but the three defensive turnovers, one for 6, is what led us to the win. If you don’t agree, we weren’t watching the same game. If we’d have not gotten the fumble and lost I wouldn’t have “blamed” Cam, but the fact that I have to throw that “if” in there reinforces the fact the defense was largely responsible for the win.

I just find it laughable that a home win over a mediocre B1G team is valued by some as much or more than our home win over eventual #5 USC in 2002, our home wins over 9 win Utah and Oregon in 2018, our home wins against 11 win BSU and USC in 2017, our home win over eventual #5 UCLA in 1997, our home win against 9 win Oregon in 1994, 9 win Cal in 1993 and our win over #5 UW in 1992. That's nine home wins that were clearly better and more impressive than holding on against a mediocre Wisconsin team....but those games are diminished in value because they weren't Big 10 teams. We have numerous other home and road games that are at least as meaningful as the Wisconsin win. It's arguably the biggest OOC game in Pullman....but it's kind of bullsh!t and weak for us to bow down to the "greatness" of the B1G. Our own f#cking insecurity and lack of self confidence in ourselves and our conference is why it was so easy for the Pac-12 to get destroyed this past summer.

I'd feel differently if Wisconsin wasn't totally meh this year. They went 6-2 against teams with losing records and 1-3 against teams with winning records. If not for playing a crap schedule, Wisconsin would likely be home for the holidays. It's the weakest "most important" game in the history of "most important" games. And as I've said before, the only thing that this thread proves is that WSU has played jack squat for quality OOC opponents in Pullman.

Trying to make the argument that Cam's legacy at WSU is cemented because of that game is an insult to all of the great WSU players that have been at WSU and our long line of QB's who actually were great players for WSU. When it comes to legacy, all of the following are a tier above Cam:

Jack Thompson
Mark Rypien
Tim Rosenbach
Drew Bledsoe
Ryan Leaf
Jason Gesser
Matt Kegel
Alex Brink
Connor Halliday
Luke Falk
Gardner Minshew

Anyone who thinks that Cam Ward is in the conversation with those guys in terms of their legacies at WSU is suffering from recency bias or just plain delusional. Some of those guys are clearly a different tie above some of the other guys in that group, but I'd take every one of those guys in a heartbeat over Cam Ward. That list doesn't include Cougs from older time periods like Ed Goddard or newr guys like Anthony Gordon that probably deserve to be listed ahead of Cam.

Ward is a good kid but he does not deserve to be in the conversation of being among the great WSU QB's. It's myopic and short sighted to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
I just find it laughable that a home win over a mediocre B1G team is valued by some as much or more than our home win over eventual #5 USC in 2002, our home wins over 9 win Utah and Oregon in 2018, our home wins against 11 win BSU and USC in 2017, our home win over eventual #5 UCLA in 1997, our home win against 9 win Oregon in 1994, 9 win Cal in 1993 and our win over #5 UW in 1992. That's nine home wins that were clearly better and more impressive than holding on against a mediocre Wisconsin team....but those games are diminished in value because they weren't Big 10 teams. We have numerous other home and road games that are at least as meaningful as the Wisconsin win. It's arguably the biggest OOC game in Pullman....but it's kind of bullsh!t and weak for us to bow down to the "greatness" of the B1G. Our own f#cking insecurity and lack of self confidence in ourselves and our conference is why it was so easy for the Pac-12 to get destroyed this past summer.

I'd feel differently if Wisconsin wasn't totally meh this year. They went 6-2 against teams with losing records and 1-3 against teams with winning records. If not for playing a crap schedule, Wisconsin would likely be home for the holidays. It's the weakest "most important" game in the history of "most important" games. And as I've said before, the only thing that this thread proves is that WSU has played jack squat for quality OOC opponents in Pullman.

Trying to make the argument that Cam's legacy at WSU is cemented because of that game is an insult to all of the great WSU players that have been at WSU and our long line of QB's who actually were great players for WSU. When it comes to legacy, all of the following are a tier above Cam:

Jack Thompson
Mark Rypien
Tim Rosenbach
Drew Bledsoe
Ryan Leaf
Jason Gesser
Matt Kegel
Alex Brink
Connor Halliday
Luke Falk
Gardner Minshew

Anyone who thinks that Cam Ward is in the conversation with those guys in terms of their legacies at WSU is suffering from recency bias or just plain delusional. Some of those guys are clearly a different tie above some of the other guys in that group, but I'd take every one of those guys in a heartbeat over Cam Ward. That list doesn't include Cougs from older time periods like Ed Goddard or newr guys like Anthony Gordon that probably deserve to be listed ahead of Cam.

Ward is a good kid but he does not deserve to be in the conversation of being among the great WSU QB's. It's myopic and short sighted to suggest otherwise.
As for the OPs post, I’d say “at the time” it was a huge game. In hindsight, had we known this was a mediocre Wisconsin team and we were going to not be bowling and go on a six game midseason skid, this game isn’t even on the radar. That said, this is being posted with the benefit of hindsight, so I just don’t understand any logic to that argument. I said it before, Cam played a statistically average game against a statistically average opponent. Yippie. You want to celebrate some special Cougs, how bout a thread for Stone and Jackson who grew up in the program, came back another year instead of jumping ship, and not only won this game but kept us in a number of other games when Ward and the offense weren’t doing shit - for those with short memories that was much of 2022.

As for the OPs post, I’d say “at the time” it was a huge game. In hindsight, had we known this was a mediocre Wisconsin team and we were going to not be bowling and go on a six game midseason skid, this game isn’t even on the radar. That said, this is being posted with the benefit of hindsight, so I just don’t understand any logic to that argument. I said it before, Cam played a statistically average game against a statistically average opponent. Yippie. You want to celebrate some special Cougs, how bout a thread for Stone and Jackson who grew up in the program, came back another year instead of jumping ship, and not only won this game but kept us in a number of other games when Ward and the offense weren’t doing shit - for those with short memories that was much of 2022.
And 2023…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT