ADVERTISEMENT

Too bad

I'm not counting on anything. I'm telling you that we talent and bodies. How about you explain why you disagree.

Or will this turn into yet another CougEd waste of electrons about bunch of hypothetical things do or don't happen connected to some imponderable nonsense?

What does it mean when you write "we talent and bodies"? Is that a name of club in Spokane?

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Your anus.

And you spelled device wrong.

Wow apparently there is a talent on the east side of the mountains that we wetsiders don’t seem to possess. Never thought of that body part as a “device”.

He could care less

No... I care how to spell device. I probably should care more about putting on readers when I post so I could see those grammatical mistakes. But I don’t care what Dblitherson thinks... you are correct there .

Wow apparently there is a talent on the east side of the mountains that we wetsiders don’t seem to possess. Never thought of that body part as a “device”.

That’s where your posts originate from. Is this news to you?

Not really on the run blocking, and I'm not sure on the stance. The difference in rush attempts resulted from QB runs. In the Hawaii Bowl the tackles the LG were in two point stances, and the RG was in three point stance. There will be some half rolls and spring outs that require them to move.

Gib, this will be an interesting season. I'll point out that the bulk of the QB runs were by design, or at least designed as a viable option depending upon how the play developed. Any time you have a throw, pitch or rush option for a moving QB, it is understood from the get go that the likelihood of a run is pretty high. I have not researched; just watched a few Hawaii games...but my feeling in watching a few games is that any time the QB leaves the pocket, either via a roll out or an option, the results are within 10% of 60/40 run/pass. If the QB doesn't hand off or pitch it within about 3-4 steps, it seems likely that he is going to keep it and either throw or run, but do so from a position far from the pocket. So while an O lineman can't block downfield until the QB commits to the run, some will certainly be in lateral motion as though they will be run blocking on a lot of plays. Kids who were recruited to be 6'6", 315 with long arms and the ultimate in pass blockers are not guaranteed to be the best choice for a team where the QB goes in motion a lot. That is why I suspect that the starting 5 interior linemen at the end of August won't match the starting 5 interior linemen at the end of spring ball. Probably 3 out of 5 will match and maybe even 4 out of 5, but I'd put some money on all 5 not being the same.

And you are right, Hawaii showed a real potpourri of O line stances, not even necessarily having all 5 interior linemen in the same stance on a given play. I look forward to watching. The Crimson/Gray game in particular should be more interesting than it has been since Leach's first year.

Reactions: 79COUG and dgibbons
Wow what would Fraud think? ID? Not sure the fascination with that part of our bodies ... but whatever floats your boat.

“Fraud” might note that you believe people are far interested in you then they actually are.

Reactions: longtimecoug
“Fraud” might note that you believe people are far interested in you then they actually are.

Freud the “fraud” would look at the person who keeps on referencing the body part and put that person into one of his three categories .

I haven’t actually commented on how interested you are , just bizarre it is now in three plus posts .

Freud the “fraud” would look at the person who keeps on referencing the body part and put that person into one of his three categories .

I haven’t actually commented on how interested you are , just bizarre it is now in three plus posts .

Does this mean you will keep pulling posts from your rectal orifice? Or will you perhaps educate yourself about the team you supposedly root for?

Hmmm ...maybe true... appears more to be reserved on South Hill for more heinous criminals like Yates & Coe

Slapping duels at the Sports Page
Does this mean you will keep pulling posts from your rectal orifice? Or will you perhaps educate yourself about the team you supposedly root for?

Supposedly? What would you like me to get a degree in? Thinking numbers equals depth? Numbers are numbers . Quality depth is something different. Greene played very little snaps , Kingston played in more but not proven . So if your contention is I should believe because Leach had solid lines before that means there will be one this year, I am not sure I can Ed-U-cate myself to assume like you may . We were three conference games under with a qb who holds records and coming in with a qb with no experience and a new system. So forgive me for wondering about depth.

Supposedly? What would you like me to get a degree in? Thinking numbers equals depth? Numbers are numbers . Quality depth is something different. Greene played very little snaps , Kingston played in more but not proven . So if your contention is I should believe because Leach had solid lines before that means there will be one this year, I am not sure I can Ed-U-cate myself to assume like you may . We were three conference games under with a qb who holds records and coming in with a qb with no experience and a new system. So forgive me for wondering about depth.

So, no. Still pulling things out of backside.

Maybe Ed is on to something. I mean, we’re totally screwed. No rock solid proven depth at all. Everybody else in this league is chock full three or four deep.

So, no. Still pulling things out of backside.

Maybe Ed is on to something. I mean, we’re totally screwed. No rock solid proven depth at all. Everybody else in this league is chock full three or four deep.

Yes it has to be one extreme or the other. So you don't disagree we don't have experienced depth on the oline and we also have question marks there? So why the fascination with where my posts generate from?

I said we are totally screwed? Interesting. I guess I also said our oline is a total disaster. Some of you are such drama queens/kings. I said Rolo has his work cut out. Cameron or Cruz might be great in this offense and ready to roll. Greene may be better than Fred M. Same with Kingston, he could be better than Valencia. But like other teams there are questions. Maybe three or four kids step up unexpectedly on defense and we stop giving up 60 plus a game to UCLA, or the other games we got gashed. My only question is who and what have you seen so far that says they are difference makers? If the answer is "I haven't" then that is a yellow flag until it happens. IE something to keep an eye on.

Yes it has to be one extreme or the other. So you don't disagree we don't have experienced depth on the oline and we also have question marks there? So why the fascination with where my posts generate from?

I said we are totally screwed? Interesting. I guess I also said our oline is a total disaster. Some of you are such drama queens/kings. I said Rolo has his work cut out. Cameron or Cruz might be great in this offense and ready to roll. Greene may be better than Fred M. Same with Kingston, he could be better than Valencia. But like other teams there are questions. Maybe three or four kids step up unexpectedly on defense and we stop giving up 60 plus a game to UCLA, or the other games we got gashed. My only question is who and what have you seen so far that says they are difference makers? If the answer is "I haven't" then that is a yellow flag until it happens. IE something to keep an eye on.

I think the two guys the former staff were bringing along to replace the starters at C and RG are about as experienced as we can expect considering they will be first time starters. You're doing your standard spew nonsense then try to get people to prove you wrong nonsense. You're wrong yet again. Now you're posting we need difference makers at the same time whining about how someone is putting words into your mouth about saying the OL is a total disaster. Which side of your orifice will you spew from next?

Again, “Fraud” might note that you believe people are far interested in you then they actually are. Your posts clearly do not originate from your brain, assuming yours functions.

I think the two guys the former staff were bringing along to replace the starters at C and RG are about as experienced as we can expect considering they will be first time starters. You're doing your standard spew nonsense then try to get people to prove you wrong nonsense. You're wrong yet again. Now you're posting we need difference makers at the same time whining about how someone is putting words into your mouth about saying the OL is a total disaster. Which side of your orifice will you spew from next?

Again, “Fraud” might note that you believe people are far interested in you then they actually are. Your posts clearly do not originate from your brain, assuming yours functions.

No I asked a question what makes you think there is no concern and there is adequate depth along the oline.

In a separate thought...follow along....we need players we haven't seen on defense to step up (I call them difference makers) to help make a very bad defense respectable again.

Please point out where I said the oline was a disaster, and please point out where I said we need difference makers on the oline.

Having questions about depth, and even players is not "nonsense". You might not like the questions, but they are legitimate to wonder. Two years ago I spoke about lack of depth on the dline. Not sure how they got so much mileage out of an undersized walk on but they did. Posters back then talked about the names Hobbs, Rodgers, Jesus Echevarria, and other names. At that point they were just names. Echevarria still is as he is no longer with the team.

So I am clear... I said Rolo has his work cut out for him because of the misses on the recruiting trail leaving some areas without EXPERIENCED upper class talent. Including the oline. They need two spots tobe filled, one who has some experience under his belt, the center does not. It is a question mark. Not sure if that is really up for debate is it?

In order for the defense to be more competitive (is it offensive to you to say they were terrible in 19?) they need play-makers to step up, ones that we have not seen before or have a marginal track record to date.

Echevarria_Jesus_2019_Headshot_002.JPG

84 Jesus Echevarria

No I asked a question what makes you think there is no concern and there is adequate depth along the oline.

In a separate thought...follow along....we need players we haven't seen on defense to step up (I call them difference makers) to help make a very bad defense respectable again.

Please point out where I said the oline was a disaster, and please point out where I said we need difference makers on the oline.

Having questions about depth, and even players is not "nonsense". You might not like the questions, but they are legitimate to wonder. Two years ago I spoke about lack of depth on the dline. Not sure how they got so much mileage out of an undersized walk on but they did. Posters back then talked about the names Hobbs, Rodgers, Jesus Echevarria, and other names. At that point they were just names. Echevarria still is as he is no longer with the team.

So I am clear... I said Rolo has his work cut out for him because of the misses on the recruiting trail leaving some areas without EXPERIENCED upper class talent. Including the oline. They need two spots tobe filled, one who has some experience under his belt, the center does not. It is a question mark. Not sure if that is really up for debate is it?

In order for the defense to be more competitive (is it offensive to you to say they were terrible in 19?) they need play-makers to step up, ones that we have not seen before or have a marginal track record to date.

Echevarria_Jesus_2019_Headshot_002.JPG

84 Jesus Echevarria

CougEd manuever 2.0- Once shown to be spewing nonsense, attempt pivot to additional nonsense.

I recall a recent CougEd gem about the OL. CougEd declares Abe Lucas has regressed. Shortly afterward, PFF names Lucas as the best pass blocking OT in college football.

But thanks for posting a picture of Echevarria. For your information, I'm able to recall players listed on the roster from the previous season.

RIP, Sports Page. Pauly’s just doesn’t cut it ....

It's funny you accuse Ed of believing people are far more interested than they actually are yet he had you on ignore for 2 yrs and you constantly replied to his pospo with nary a reply from Ed. Just like you do with Biggs.

Too funny.

Last edited:
Its funny you accuse Ed of believing people are far more interested than they actually are yet he had you on ignore for 2 yrs and you constantly replied to his post with nary a reply from Ed. Just like you do with Biggs.

Too funny.

You and your brother have the same tell! Too funny indeed.

CougEd manuever 2.0- Once shown to be spewing nonsense, attempt pivot to additional nonsense.

I recall a recent CougEd gem about the OL. CougEd declares Abe Lucas has regressed. Shortly afterward, PFF names Lucas as the best pass blocking OT in college football.

But thanks for posting a picture of Echevarria. For your information, I'm able to recall players listed on the roster from the previous season.

Not sure your point about Lucas. Lucas in my opinion was on same path as Dillard . Lucas in my opinion was close to being mentioned as an All American after 2018. I didn’t say he had a horrible season. He just wasn’t dominate and thus my statement . Are you saying the online was as efficient as it was in 2018?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT