ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 College Football Blue Bloods

Sucks. There aren't 25 "blue bloods," and if there are, Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, etc. certainly aren't among them. This list went way too far in terms of emphasizing ancient history and certain coaches or players from ages ago instead of either the current day or longstanding reputation or tradition.

Reactions: lana.
Looks about right. It's funny because I have always said that UW is a top 15-20 team historically. When I equate them with Wisconsin and Georgia Tech my Husky friends freak out. They think they are top-10.

Looks about right. It's funny because I have always said that UW is a top 15-20 team historically. When I equate them with Wisconsin and Georgia Tech my Husky friends freak out. They think they are top-10.
Of course they do. Huskies continuously set new standards for self-entitlement.

I don't think UW is a blue blood. But taking off my crimson glasses for a sec, I think UW is a BORDERLINE Semi, Mini Blue Blood, blue blooderish, IN THE PAST.

The biggest qualifications to me are:

1. Number of National Titles: At least 2,3,4, etc National Titles, unless have enough of other criteria, in which case, 1 National Title would be enough.

That said 1,2,3 National Titles by itself is not enough, because WSU won a football National Title a extreme long time ago.

2. Number of wins: This should be about 750+ wins or more. But like the national title thing, this by itself is not enough.

3. Not just Bowl games, but number of NY6, Rosebowl, Orangebowl, etc: This should be at least half their bowl appearances, an or at least 20 to 40 of them. Example: Ohio State has about 50 bowl appearances, and about 17 to 33 NY6 bowls, and about 8 to 15 Rosebowls.

4. Should have about 23 to 43 conference Titles.

5. Must have tradition, glory, honor, prestige, etc. Example: Notre Dame. Notre Dame would have to go 0-12 for the next 25 straight years before they would get booted out of the Blue Blood Club.

6. Stadium should be a historic 73k+ seat stadium.

7. Epic Coaches, Players, games

8. More All Americans, Pro Players then other colleges.

9. 13+ to 25+, 1 to 10th ranked recruiting classes consistently year in, year out.

10. Consistently has recruiting classes where half of class is 4 stars, and other half is 5 stars, only 1 3 star, etc

11. Has never won fewer then 5,6 games a season, or if has, has only done so 1,2,3,4 times in about 65 years.

12. Usually wins at least 6,7,8,9 games at minimum, to 10,11,12,13 games maximum almost every season for about 20 to 60 straight years

My Blueblood list:

1. Alabama.

2. Ohio State.

3. Notre Dame.

4. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

5. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

6. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

7. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas.

8. Nebraska.

9. Oklahoma.

10. USC

11. Clemson

12. Miami

13. Florida St.

14. Florida

15. Penn St.

16. Auburn.

Maybe, Borderline:

17. Wisconsin

18. Texas A&M

So really there is about only about 16,17 Blue bloods.

Semi, Mini Blue blood, Semi Borderline, Blue Blood, Semi Blue Blooderish, etc:

1. UCLA.

2. Michigan State

3. Virginia.

4. Virginia Tech

5. Pittsburgh

6. Syracuse

7. Oklahoma State.

8. UW.

UW:

1. Has about 750 wins

2. Has 1 National Title

3. Has a semi lot of Pac 12 titles

4. Has a semi lot of bowl games

5. Has been to almost a semi lot of Rosebowls.

6. Has been to almost a semi lot of NY6 type of equivalent bowls to Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Cotton, etc, bowls.

7. Has a historic stadium.

8. Don James

9. All Americans, Heisman Candidates, Pro Players, Top Recruiting Classes.

UW's road blocks to being a Blue Blood is that UW lacks:

1. CONSISTENCY

2. Needs just barely a little tiny bit more in each category

3. Just barely doesnt quite have a Blue Blood Tradition.

4. Needs at least 1 more National Title.

5. Went 0-12, and has really struggled at times during the last 33 years.

6. Because of number 5 above, UW must, should have to have about a 7 to 13 straight years stretch of winning at least 10+ games a season, NY6 Bowls, Pac 12 Titles, 1 national title, etc, before UW could then join the Blood Blood club.

UW is NOT a Blue Blood.

But UW is ALMOST SEMI CLOSE to being a Blue Blood. And its Theoretically possible for UW to be a blue blood far off into the future.

But putting back on my Crimson Coug Glasses, I hope that never ever happens

I don't think UW is a blue blood. But taking off my crimson glasses for a sec, I think UW is a BORDERLINE Semi, Mini Blue Blood, blue blooderish, IN THE PAST.

The biggest qualifications to me are:

1. Number of National Titles: At least 2,3,4, etc National Titles, unless have enough of other criteria, in which case, 1 National Title would be enough.

That said 1,2,3 National Titles by itself is not enough, because WSU won a football National Title a extreme long time ago.

2. Number of wins: This should be about 750+ wins or more. But like the national title thing, this by itself is not enough.

3. Not just Bowl games, but number of NY6, Rosebowl, Orangebowl, etc: This should be at least half their bowl appearances, an or at least 20 to 40 of them. Example: Ohio State has about 50 bowl appearances, and about 17 to 33 NY6 bowls, and about 8 to 15 Rosebowls.

4. Should have about 23 to 43 conference Titles.

5. Must have tradition, glory, honor, prestige, etc. Example: Notre Dame. Notre Dame would have to go 0-12 for the next 25 straight years before they would get booted out of the Blue Blood Club.

6. Stadium should be a historic 73k+ seat stadium.

7. Epic Coaches, Players, games

8. More All Americans, Pro Players then other colleges.

9. 13+ to 25+, 1 to 10th ranked recruiting classes consistently year in, year out.

10. Consistently has recruiting classes where half of class is 4 stars, and other half is 5 stars, only 1 3 star, etc

11. Has never won fewer then 5,6 games a season, or if has, has only done so 1,2,3,4 times in about 65 years.

12. Usually wins at least 6,7,8,9 games at minimum, to 10,11,12,13 games maximum almost every season for about 20 to 60 straight years

My Blueblood list:

1. Alabama.

2. Ohio State.

3. Notre Dame.

4. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

5. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

6. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas

7. LSU or Georgia or Michigan or Texas.

8. Nebraska.

9. Oklahoma.

10. USC

11. Clemson

12. Miami

13. Florida St.

14. Florida

15. Penn St.

16. Auburn.

Maybe, Borderline:

17. Wisconsin

18. Texas A&M

So really there is about only about 16,17 Blue bloods.

Semi, Mini Blue blood, Semi Borderline, Blue Blood, Semi Blue Blooderish, etc:

1. UCLA.

2. Michigan State

3. Virginia.

4. Virginia Tech

5. Pittsburgh

6. Syracuse

7. Oklahoma State.

8. UW.

UW:

1. Has about 750 wins

2. Has 1 National Title

3. Has a semi lot of Pac 12 titles

4. Has a semi lot of bowl games

5. Has been to almost a semi lot of Rosebowls.

6. Has been to almost a semi lot of NY6 type of equivalent bowls to Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Cotton, etc, bowls.

7. Has a historic stadium.

8. Don James

9. All Americans, Heisman Candidates, Pro Players, Top Recruiting Classes.

UW's road blocks to being a Blue Blood is that UW lacks:

1. CONSISTENCY

2. Needs just barely a little tiny bit more in each category

3. Just barely doesnt quite have a Blue Blood Tradition.

4. Needs at least 1 more National Title.

5. Went 0-12, and has really struggled at times during the last 33 years.

6. Because of number 5 above, UW must, should have to have about a 7 to 13 straight years stretch of winning at least 10+ games a season, NY6 Bowls, Pac 12 Titles, 1 national title, etc, before UW could then join the Blood Blood club.

UW is NOT a Blue Blood.

But UW is ALMOST SEMI CLOSE to being a Blue Blood. And its Theoretically possible for UW to be a blue blood far off into the future.

But putting back on my Crimson Coug Glasses, I hope that never ever happens
For the first time ever you are way overthinking this

you have to include Stanford on any top 15 blue blood list. They helped create the Rose Bowl for pete's sake.

there are eight blue bloods. There are no new admissions

1.) Ohio St.
2.) Alabama
3.) Southern Cal
4.) Oklahoma
5.) Michigan
6.) Notre Dame
7.) Texas
8.) Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT