ADVERTISEMENT

Will college football is taking a similar route that MLB took

It pretty much sums up where this whole thing is headed. Most of the country doesn’t care about the blue bloods of the world. They care about their own team and conference , in which their team belongs. I can easily see CF slipping down the drain. If CF can’t share the revenue, I see it changing into something unrecognizable that people (like me) will stop watching, going to and will then fail to support with season ticket sales, etc.

It pretty much sums up where this whole thing is headed. Most of the country doesn’t care about the blue bloods of the world. They care about their own team and conference , in which their team belongs. I can easily see CF slipping down the drain. If CF can’t share the revenue, I see it changing into something unrecognizable that people (like me) will stop watching, going to and will then fail to support with season ticket sales, etc.
I’d completely lost interest in the NFL but that’s changing. I’ll be watching the Cougs and the NFL next fall. Screw everyone else.

The articles tends to miss the boat. College sports is now in a death spiral that goes beyond "have's" and "have not's." Competitive disadvantage has always been there, yet college sport thrived for a 100 years, despite it. The current NIL/transfer rules are destroying bond between the alumni/fan base and the school and the teams they field. Our Men's basketball program is Exhibit A. Sure you want your team to be successful, but if you don't know the players, and can't invest emotionally in them, which takes time, interest wanes regardless of immediate success. That is where we are at. Do you care as much about the Cougs and college sport as you did 5 or 10 years ago? The vast majority of us would say no, and it is only going to get worst. Fan interest and support is like a feather dropped from a building, it is on a slow downward trajectory.

The articles tends to miss the boat. College sports is now in a death spiral that goes beyond "have's" and "have not's." Competitive disadvantage has always been there, yet college sport thrived for a 100 years, despite it. The current NIL/transfer rules are destroying bond between the alumni/fan base and the school and the teams they field. Our Men's basketball program is Exhibit A. Sure you want your team to be successful, but if you don't know the players, and can't invest emotionally in them, which takes time, interest wanes regardless of immediate success. That is where we are at. Do you care as much about the Cougs and college sport as you did 5 or 10 years ago? The vast majority of us would say no, and it is only going to get worst. Fan interest and support is like a feather dropped from a building, it is on a slow downward trajectory.

I thought this article hit the nail on the head pretty well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT