ADVERTISEMENT

Travion Brown may need to play a lot

with Woods hurt
He may need to play a lot even if woods isn’t hurt that bad. I wouldn’t say the defense was terrible but there’s a lot of things that need cleaning up. Brown can play.

Defense will be a lot better once they iron out week 1 kinks on things like assignments, pursuit angles, and tackling.

Travion Brown was clearly on of the defenses better athlete's once he was in the game.

Defense will be a lot better once they iron out week 1 kinks on things like assignments, pursuit angles, and tackling.

Travion Brown was clearly on of the defenses better athlete's once he was in the game.
Brown can chase stuff down from behind and cut off angles. If he's good enough to take snaps from veteran linebackers, then I'm ok with burning his redshirt.

with Woods hurt

He has much to learn, but he is our biggest and most athletic linebacker. Wish we could clone him. For now, get him on the field as much as possible to prepare him for the conference schedule.

Reactions: kougkurt
Play him now. LB is one of those spots that we can upgrade. Woods is solid but nobody else is that great. Brown will pass up Justice and Sherman by next year anyway.

Dom wasn't suited up and is probably hurt.

Not to knock Hank Pladson, but the guy lucked into a pick by being out of position. Guy is two steps slower than Brown. Sherman is also more of a depth guy than an impactful starter.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
It's the not being anywhere to be seen that's concerning me. Injured players are typically at least on the sideline. I'm hoping he's is doing everything we expect and he's back soon. Brown looked good but Silvels' talented and obviously has a lot more game experience even if it's not at the WIL.

You nailed it, kougkurt.
Especially after what we saw. There’s some deficiencies in this defense and the offense looks like it’s going to get it done. If you can play you play, redshirts be damned.

Dom Silvels stepping up would help. Doesn't look like he played last night.
Dom has been suspended from team activities while under an investigation. Won’t get into the accusations here. He seems like a great kid so I am hoping he is innocent and don’t want to fuel public speculation.

I heard they were worried woods broke his collarbone. Would be a huge bummer if true.

Dom has been suspended from team activities while under an investigation. Won’t get into the accusations here. He seems like a great kid so I am hoping he is innocent and don’t want to fuel public speculation.

I heard they were worried woods broke his collarbone. Would be a huge bummer if true.

That answers that question.

Has Woods redshirted?

broken collarbone heals in 6 weeks- he would probably playn half a season if he broke it-not sure theyd keep him out the whole season unless brown is a monster

Dubots is a great athlete and he should be on the field, 10.5 or 10.6 hundred-he needs to play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT