ADVERTISEMENT

***UCLA @ WSU - GAME THREAD***

Josh Rosen is here and has been throwing a couple of warm up passes, but I don't expect him to start tonight. Mike Fafaul will get the start

Just a warning - ESPN is supposed to be showing the game starting in about 60 seconds but two ranked SEC teams (Ole Miss, Arkansas) are playing a 3-point game with almost 8 minutes on the clock. I don't see them cutting to two unranked westcoast teams for at least 20 minutes. In case a 10:30 eastcoast start wasn't bad enough for Coug fans.

Reactions: LarsHanson
Just a warning - ESPN is supposed to be showing the game starting in about 60 seconds but two ranked SEC teams (Ole Miss, Arkansas) are playing a 3-point game with almost 8 minutes on the clock. I don't see them cutting to two unranked westcoast teams for at least 20 minutes. In case a 10:30 eastcoast start wasn't bad enough for Coug fans.
FYI ESPN is showing the game online at WatchESPN for those who have a cable package.

I think it is amazing that the last two back up QB's for UCLA have been walkons. The last two years it had been Jerry Neuheisel and now it is Fafaul. You would think they would have QB's lined up.

Same goes for Oregon.

Not able to watch yet. Saw on ESPN online that there was a roughing call. Was it a bad call?
It was a roughing the kicker. Can't remember who, but WSU ST player dove and barely clipped the punter. Punter flopped, in that horribly unconvincing punter pirouette flop (you know the one where the punter does a 270-degree turn and lets his knees buckle like a stage actor?), and the refs called automatic first down. Should have been nothing, but I can see an interpretation of running into the kicker. Absolutely cannot see a roughing the kicker; that is a gaffe.

Already several mistakes, from small to large, by the refs. Defense really showing out though tonight, absolutely shutting down the UCLA run game.

Chimp Mora has started early. Going ballistic on his punter, after his 10 yard punt. What a fun guy to play for

WSU challenging the rule that Cracraft's obvious catch is not a catch because there was a defender in the area - and they lose. This is Dez Bryant Cowboys/Packers level bad. That one is not a ref problem, it's a rule problem. HORRIBLE rule. Cracraft was on his back in the EZ with control of the ball.

I am LOSING MY MIND. The officiating is ATROCIOUS. There is no question it has cost us at least 7 already tonight and it's not even halfway through the first. That PI no-call was bananas.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
WSU challenging the rule that Cracraft's obvious catch is not a catch because there was a defender in the area - and they lose. This is Dez Bryant Cowboys/Packers level bad. That one is not a ref problem, it's a rule problem. HORRIBLE rule. Cracraft was on his back in the EZ with control of the ball.

I agree, it is a stupid rule. Especially when it is said over and over once the ball crosses the endzone the play is dead at that time.

Falk looks jittery. Refs are bad, but Falk is a bit too amped or a little nervous, or the rain is an issue, because the ball is everywhere.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Falk looks jittery. Refs are bad, but Falk is a bit too amped or a little nervous, or the rain is an issue, because the ball is everywhere.
He looks VERY jittery. Isn't he a 3-year-starting junior and we're 6 games into the season? Lots of throws over, under, behind...

Luke Falk looks like a complete turd right now. Hanging onto the ball and throwing everywhere but to his receivers.

WSU benefits from a defensive holding call on the CB. Not sure I agree with that (I don't). Refs extremely active in this game. Don't want to be left out - stars of the show.

OK, TO FALKS DEFENSE...

Mora has coached his kids to PI and hold on every play and challenge the refs call it.

Last edited:
What is it with Falk the last two weeks? He is not seeing the defense.

I almost can't remember a time refs were this active in the first quarter. Refs have already called 7 penalties.

And UCLA picks it off in the EZ. Luke Falk, did someone lobotomize you?

Falk, refs, and espn are not on their game. Keep hearing "check, check" on a live mic, refs clearly scrubs, and falk looks like he's never played before

WSU benefits from a defensive holding call on the CB. Not sure I agree with that (I don't). Refs extremely active in this game. Don't want to be left out - stars of the show.
i felt like that was a bit of a make up call from the cracraft mugging at the 2 yard line. the ball was uncatchable, but the db grabs him and holds him down. i get that it couldn't be pi, but it was for sure defensive holding...

Expect it from UCLA and UW this year. Refs are supposed to be worried about safety but they're not responding to these transparent sorts of intimidation attempts.

The Pac 12 just plays lip service. Spencer was the player last year who launched himself at Falk. He also had a helmet to helmet play against Stanford WR Owusu and he has not played since. UCLA is the dirtiest team in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT