ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Bruggman and Montana St.

I feel sorry for the kid. Watching your dreams crash has to be really tough. Hope he is successful in life after football. Being a starting QB is obviously not his destiny.

I saw that too. When he almost flipped to ASU I admit I was very worried. Then he played his one and only Spring game. He didn't look that good, but threw a nice ball so I still had hope. Falk looked better, but that was our first look at him. Then when Bruggman left for Louisville gotta admit I was bummed.

Flash forward a couple of years; Falk is a stud and Bruggman is done with football. Who really could have predicted this after that fateful Spring game? Maybe Mike Leach and Graham Harrell.

I feel sorry for the kid. Watching your dreams crash has to be really tough. Hope he is successful in life after football. Being a starting QB is obviously not his destiny.
Maybe he has just changed his priorities and it's what he wants to do? Hope he's pursuing what makes him happy. That's what matters.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
So he's got 1 more year left. He's been to what looks like 5 different programs. Who knows what kind of coaching he's been able to piece together for those 4 seasons.

If he wants to play ball, go to a d3 school and play. At this point there probably isn't any scholarship coach that's going to buy into his one time 4 star high school rating. He is what he is, a hired gun that hasn't played much football.

Pick the best masters program you can get into and go.

just another kid that transferred out of WSU never to be heard from again
Not all the time, but a lot of the time it reveals a persons desire to be good. It goes to perseverance and one's ability to overcome. Many times things are gift wrapped and they survive on talent in high school, and when they are pushed beyond what they believe their limits are, which Mike Leach will do, they select option B. And then they start a vast journey to recapture what they had in high school.

Not all the time, but a lot of the time it reveals a persons desire to be good. It goes to perseverance and one's ability to overcome. Many times things are gift wrapped and they survive on talent in high school, and when they are pushed beyond what they believe their limits are, which Mike Leach will do, they select option B. And then they start a vast journey to recapture what they had in high school.

But enough about your brother, spongeforbrains.

I spend a good amount of time down in Chandler, Az and the state of Arizona’s HS football talent has really been impressive the past 10yrs, but their QB’s have been called out to the carpet by some in the media. Overrated and hyped has been the calling card for those critical of the positon. Which adds to the questionable evaluation of the QB positon in the state. Here is the list of the Top Rated QB’s the last 10yrs and what they did in college.

2016 –

Kare Lyles – Wisconsin – Redshirted

Mason Moran – Oregon St. – Redshirted

Daniel Bridge-Gadd – Washington - Redshirted

2015 –

Brian Lewerke – Michigan St. – 4 games played

Bryce Perkins – Arizona St. – 0 games played

2014 –

Kyle Allen – Texas A&M – Beaten out – Transferred to Houston

Luke Rubenzer – Cal – moved to safety

2013 –

Tyler Bruggman – WSU – Beaten out – Transferred 4 schools

Ryan Finley – Boise St – Beaten out – Transferred to NC State

2012 –

Connor Brewer – Texas – 0 games played

2011 –

Brett Hundley – UCLA – 3 Year Starter – Current NFL backup

2010 –

Kevin Spain – Hawaii – 0 games played

2009 –

Kevin Yost – Didn’t qualify for D-1

2008 –

Sean Renfree – Duke – 4 Year Starter - 1 Yr NFL backup

2007 –

Kyle Newhall-Caballero – Brown – 2 Year Starter – 1 Yr NFL backup

2006 –

Max Hall – Max Hall – 3 Year Starter - 1 Yr NFL backup

I spend a good amount of time down in Chandler, Az and the state of Arizona’s HS football talent has really been impressive the past 10yrs, but their QB’s have been called out to the carpet by some in the media. Overrated and hyped has been the calling card for those critical of the positon. Which adds to the questionable evaluation of the QB positon in the state. Here is the list of the Top Rated QB’s the last 10yrs and what they did in college.

2016 –

Kare Lyles – Wisconsin – Redshirted

Mason Moran – Oregon St. – Redshirted

Daniel Bridge-Gadd – Washington - Redshirted

2015 –

Brian Lewerke – Michigan St. – 4 games played

Bryce Perkins – Arizona St. – 0 games played

2014 –

Kyle Allen – Texas A&M – Beaten out – Transferred to Houston

Luke Rubenzer – Cal – moved to safety

2013 –

Tyler Bruggman – WSU – Beaten out – Transferred 4 schools

Ryan Finley – Boise St – Beaten out – Transferred to NC State

2012 –

Connor Brewer – Texas – 0 games played

2011 –

Brett Hundley – UCLA – 3 Year Starter – Current NFL backup

2010 –

Kevin Spain – Hawaii – 0 games played

2009 –

Kevin Yost – Didn’t qualify for D-1

2008 –

Sean Renfree – Duke – 4 Year Starter - 1 Yr NFL backup

2007 –

Kyle Newhall-Caballero – Brown – 2 Year Starter – 1 Yr NFL backup

2006 –

Max Hall – Max Hall – 3 Year Starter - 1 Yr NFL backup

Umm, 4 of the 16 players you list made it to the NFL. I don't know how that compares to every state, but that seems pretty darn good.

"Here is the list of the Top Rated QB’s the last 10yrs and what they did in college."?

I'm not following.
First sentence...

I spend a good amount of time down in Chandler, Az and the state of Arizona’s HS football talent has really been impressive the past 10yrs, but their QB’s have been called out to the carpet by some in the media.

This thread is hilarious.

"So why male models?"
"The files are IN the computer???"

It may or may not be a factor, but a couple of the leagues down there are pretty weak. I watched Brophy ( Bruggmans school) against Westwind in hoops a few years back and neither team had athletes comparable to even the Greater Spokane league

Ed, I agree and think you probably put your finger on it in this specific case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT