ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs WSU game thread

Yes, Ed, you are correct-we ARE watching and paying attention. And it is completely ridiculous and scare tactics aimed at the uninformed left voters to claim that Trump will not leave office after a second term. Come on, man! The law is quite clear that a president is limited to two terms. That is completely different than legally protesting electoral results, as everyone knows. If you aren't sure about that, you can go ask Stacy Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Christine Gregoire, Al Franken, Al Gore, and the guy running for the House in I think it was Iowa or Indiana.
Stretch, I'll take Liz Cheney's word over yours.

Oh and 91 (?) felonies, many courts and judges and I had a chuckle over your use of "the law is quite clear" in a Trump-loving post. :)

Yes, Ed, you are correct-we ARE watching and paying attention. And it is completely ridiculous and scare tactics aimed at the uninformed left voters to claim that Trump will not leave office after a second term. Come on, man! The law is quite clear that a president is limited to two terms. That is completely different than legally protesting electoral results, as everyone knows. If you aren't sure about that, you can go ask Stacy Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Christine Gregoire, Al Franken, Al Gore, and the guy running for the House in I think it was Iowa or Indiana.
I guess call me uniformed. I remember watching Bill Maher in early 2017. He made this statement....Trump is leaving office, or he will pull something to stay in office. He was talking to a Democratic congressman. The congressman said he was over reacting, that there are safe guards in place.

So, instead of Pence say your VP was Lindsay, or Kari Lake. Do you think she would have done what Pence had the duty to do?

So next time Trump knows he cant have Bill Barr as his AG. Maybe someone like Rudy. Next time he can't have Mark Milley, maybe someone like Michael Flynn. Maybe instead of having Rona McDaniel as the RNC top person, hire his daughter-in-law.

Yes you are correct, it is written that a Prez can only have two terms, so why would I expect Trump to flip thyat on its side?

Well here are some firsts for a President-and we never thought we would ever see these first.

1) Loves autocrats. Loves how they have power to do whatever they want.
2) Called the Georgia Sec of State asking him to "find 11789 votes.
3) Didn't transfer power peacefully
4) Lost 61 court cases and his own election person and his own AG told him he lost. He even hired an independent firm to look into it and even they told him he lost. Yet he still claimed he won.
5) Incited a riot, so Pence could not perform his duty
6) He waited four hours while there was violence and the Capitol and didn't do anything about it.
7) 91 Indictments. Kept Top secret material and moved it around so the FBI couldnt get to it.
8) He believes the constitution should be sidelined
9) Had numerous affairs (adultery) while he had a six month at home.
11) Went after John McCain.

Those are things just off the top of my head. So yeah I think he is very capable of overriding the two term limit and tell me who will challenge him on the Republican side? Lindsay? Nancy Maise, Tommy Tuberville? Marjorie Traitor Greene? Lauren Blowsbert? Josh Hawley?

So yeah I think it is way more likely he would do anything to stay in office.

And say on the off chance I am right, what will you do?

I guess call me uniformed. I remember watching Bill Maher in early 2017. He made this statement....Trump is leaving office, or he will pull something to stay in office. He was talking to a Democratic congressman. The congressman said he was over reacting, that there are safe guards in place.

So, instead of Pence say your VP was Lindsay, or Kari Lake. Do you think she would have done what Pence had the duty to do?

So next time Trump knows he cant have Bill Barr as his AG. Maybe someone like Rudy. Next time he can't have Mark Milley, maybe someone like Michael Flynn. Maybe instead of having Rona McDaniel as the RNC top person, hire his daughter-in-law.

Yes you are correct, it is written that a Prez can only have two terms, so why would I expect Trump to flip thyat on its side?

Well here are some firsts for a President-and we never thought we would ever see these first.

1) Loves autocrats. Loves how they have power to do whatever they want.
2) Called the Georgia Sec of State asking him to "find 11789 votes.
3) Didn't transfer power peacefully
4) Lost 61 court cases and his own election person and his own AG told him he lost. He even hired an independent firm to look into it and even they told him he lost. Yet he still claimed he won.
5) Incited a riot, so Pence could not perform his duty
6) He waited four hours while there was violence and the Capitol and didn't do anything about it.
7) 91 Indictments. Kept Top secret material and moved it around so the FBI couldnt get to it.
8) He believes the constitution should be sidelined
9) Had numerous affairs (adultery) while he had a six month at home.
11) Went after John McCain.

Those are things just off the top of my head. So yeah I think he is very capable of overriding the two term limit and tell me who will challenge him on the Republican side? Lindsay? Nancy Maise, Tommy Tuberville? Marjorie Traitor Greene? Lauren Blowsbert? Josh Hawley?

So yeah I think it is way more likely he would do anything to stay in office.

And say on the off chance I am right, what will you do?

IF IF IF He tries to stay for a 3rd term, there will LITERALLY WILL BE CIVIL WAR, IF the USA govt does not remove him IF he tries, and succeeds in staying in office for a 3rd term.

And if that happens, then not only will there be literal CIVIL WAR, but there would be several assassination attempts, an or the people would do the USA government's job for it, and vigilante, forcefully remove Trump from a 3rd term, an or kill him.

And the church's, militia's, and the military, etc, would stop, remove Trump from a 3rd term.

And there would be a MILITARY COUP against Trump in a 3rd term.

And that's why Trump would not try and succeed at staying for a 3rd term.

Stretch, I'll take Liz Cheney's word over yours.

Oh and 91 (?) felonies, many courts and judges and I had a chuckle over your use of "the law is quite clear" in a Trump-loving post. :)
Liz Cheney's word? Are you freaking kidding me? The bitch that suppressed evidence helpful to Trump in the joke of a January 6th kangaroo court? A stacked posse that had no goal at all of determining justice, only going after Trump with everything they could think of and Nancy would only allow never Trumpers on the committee, not anyone that would actually examine all the evidence. Come on, man!

Sometimes the law is clear and nothing happens. I wonder why that is?
  • The law is clear about sexual harassment of a subordinate, yet nothing happened to Bill Clinton.
  • Bill Clinton was credibly accused multiple times of rape or sexual assault, yet nothing happened to him.
  • The law is clear impaired driving and negligent homicide, yet nothing happened to Ted Kennedy.
  • The law is clear about protecting classified evidence and obstruction by destroying information that was under subpoena, yet nothing happened to Hillary Clinton.
  • The law is clear about lying on a federal firearm form, yet nothing has happened to Hunter Biden.
  • The law is clear that Joe Biden was not allowed to remove classified material from a SCIF and leave it laying around in various unsecured locations, yet nothing is happening to him.
  • Joe Biden has also been credibly accused of sexual assault, yet nothing has happened to him.
Yeah, I really am wondering why no legal penalties were ever imposed on any of those fine, upstanding Americans. Can you help me out? Can you think of anything that all of these folks have in common as to why they broke US laws and were allowed to skate free? I am just struggling with that and would sure appreciate the help!

Liz Cheney's word? Are you freaking kidding me? The bitch that suppressed evidence helpful to Trump in the joke of a January 6th kangaroo court? A stacked posse that had no goal at all of determining justice, only going after Trump with everything they could think of and Nancy would only allow never Trumpers on the committee, not anyone that would actually examine all the evidence. Come on, man!

• The law is clear about sexual harassment of a subordinate, yet nothing happened to Bill Clinton.
  • Bill Clinton was credibly accused multiple times of rape or sexual assault, yet nothing happened to him.
  • The law is clear impaired driving and negligent homicide, yet nothing happened to Ted Kennedy.
  • The law is clear about protecting classified evidence and obstruction by destroying information that was under subpoena, yet nothing happened to Hillary Clinton.
  • The law is clear about lying on a federal firearm form, yet nothing has happened to Hunter Biden.
  • The law is clear that Joe Biden was not allowed to remove classified material from a SCIF and leave it laying around in various unsecured locations, yet nothing is happening to him.
  • Joe Biden has also been credibly accused of sexual assault, yet nothing has happened to him.
Yeah, I really am wondering why no legal penalties were ever imposed on any of those fine, upstanding Americans. Can you help me out? Can you think of anything that all of these folks have in common as to why they broke US laws and were allowed to skate free? I am just struggling with that and would sure appreciate the help!
Gawd ... how do you do it Stretch. Where is your red line . I saw some always trumpers interviewed that said there was nothing he could do... including being a dictator. Do you have a red line you won't defend this guy?

Kevin McCarthy chose not to be involved . There were two republicans on the committee.... Pelosi wouldn't allow Jim Jordan on it cause he was a witness and may have known in real time what was happening . And when I say witness you can read that as participant as well

I guess call me uniformed. I remember watching Bill Maher in early 2017. He made this statement....Trump is leaving office, or he will pull something to stay in office. He was talking to a Democratic congressman. The congressman said he was over reacting, that there are safe guards in place. ****The Congressman was correct.

So, instead of Pence say your VP was Lindsay, or Kari Lake. Do you think she would have done what Pence had the duty to do? ****I have no idea, and neither do you. Any discussion about what someone else would do is simply 100% speculation, unless and until they come out and make a specific statement on it. .

Yes you are correct, it is written that a Prez can only have two terms, so why would I expect Trump to flip thyat on its side? ****OK, so there IS a very narrow situation whereby a president can serve more than two terms, but that would not apply to Trump. When a VP takes over due to death or other incapacity of the president and serves less than one half of a full term, that person could theoretically serve two full terms if elected twice. That could have happened for LBJ, and also could have happened for Al Gore had Slick Willy resigned like Nixon did rather than go through impeachment. I believed at the time and still do that having Clinton stick it out cost Gore the election is 2000, when he could have run as an incumbant.

1) Loves autocrats. Loves how they have power to do whatever they want. ****Yes, that is really bad, especially since he is the only person in DC that loves the power.
2) Called the Georgia Sec of State asking him to "find 11789 votes. **** We have covered this before, no need to go into too much detail, but you always wish to pretend there was no extenuating circumstances around it (the hour long phone call, which it now appears was illegally taped). And although not a president, there certainly has been many times that a candidate has pushed to "find votes". Like Gregoire, like Gore, like Franken, etc.
3) Didn't transfer power peacefully ****This is flat out a lie. Trump exhausted all the legal options and the options within the Electoral College, and then left town.
4) Lost 61 court cases and his own election person and his own AG told him he lost. He even hired an independent firm to look into it and even they told him he lost. Yet he still claimed he won. ****There were many things that happened before, during, and after that election that were questionable, and Trump had every right to pursue options to right what he felt were wrongs. Yes, there were people that told him he lost, but there were also people that disagreed with that.
5) Incited a riot, so Pence could not perform his duty ****This is simply bullshit, a talking point that the left loves to lose. In his speech he very specifically told the people to go "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard". He said nothing about breaking in, nothing about rioting, nothing about killing anyone, he specifically said peacefully. Look, if you are going to take his joke about being a dictator for a day as being serious, then you will have to also take his words here as true also.
6) He waited four hours while there was violence and the Capitol and didn't do anything about it. ****Let me remind you AGAIN that trump and his people tried to provide troops (National Guard, I think) 3-4 days ahead of time to protect the capital in case of any protests that got out of hand. And he was rebuffed by the DC mayor and also Pelosi/Sgt at Arms/Police Chief who would not stage the troops nearby because they didn't like the optics it presented. BTW, you may recall that Trump also wanted to utilize federal troops to protect the US cities during all the riots and was also turned down by several mayors and governors. Seems like the Democrat politicians would prefer to have cities and neighborhoods destroyed rather us the troop to actually protect the places from the thugs and rioters. And why is that anyway?
7) 91 Indictments. Kept Top secret material and moved it around so the FBI couldnt get to it. ****Yes, a lot of indictments from a weaponized DOJ, and not a single conviction that sticks at this time. And they may be some valid ones in there, but the vast majority of them are steaming piles of cowshit legally. The FBI couldn't get to the files? Are you serious? The place was under Secret Service protection, and had actually been surveyed for security purposes, and a couple recommendation were installed as a result. It wasn't like the files were laying around an office where Chinese folks had access, or an office at a college that may or may not have been locked, or were stored out in the golf cart shack with the door open all the time.
8) He believes the constitution should be sidelined ****Really? Is that connected to his "Dictator for a day" comment? Because with all the suppression of speech and attacks on the Second Amendment, wanting to pack the Supreme Court, let illegal aliens vote, etc, it seems to me that the left is attacking the Constitution a Hell of a lot more than Trump or anyone on the right.
9) Had numerous affairs (adultery) while he had a six month at home. ****Excuse me. Please give me a minute to stop laughing on this one. I thought this was supposed to be about things a president has never done. Perhaps you meant it had just never been done with a 6 month old baby at home, not that no president had ever had an affair. This is hilarious. And assuming that is the truth, of course you realize it didn't happen when he was president. Although I am not fully up to speed on presidential ****ing, I THINK that Ike, JFK, LBJ, Milhaus, and Slick Willy all were making unauthorized deposits with non-spousal units during their time in office. And maybe others were also, I dunno for sure.
11) Went after John McCain. ****Yeah, I would rate that remark as a stupid move. But, politics is a dirty, dirty business, and McCain could take care of himself. In fact, John got back at him by killing the repeal of ObamaCare, didn't he.

Those are things just off the top of my head. So yeah I think he is very capable of overriding the two term limit and tell me who will challenge him on the Republican side? Lindsay? Nancy Maise, Tommy Tuberville? Marjorie Traitor Greene? Lauren Blowsbert? Josh Hawley? ****SInce you are convinced he is going to do that, please share with us all exactly how he will accomplish it. Military takeover? Don't be ridiculous.

So yeah I think it is way more likely he would do anything to stay in office. ****Fine. You are entitled to your opinion, everyone has one.

And say on the off chance I am right, what will you do? ****I will do nothing. There is nothing for me to do. It would all be up to lawyers or Congress or the military, or ???? But just so you know, I would support it! Oh, wait-that is an Ed trick, leaving out the word or letters that makes the meaning opposite. LOL So obviously I would not support Trump doing something to do your scenario and stay in office.

That said, I can only think of one extremely rare possibility where there could be an argument for keeping him in office. That would be if he has done a good job with leading the nation but suddenly the world explodes, it is now in the middle of WWIII and we have actually been invaded and are actively being attacked by other nations. There would have to be an extreme State of Emergency declared, and the idea of transferring power during that time would be clearly dangerous to our country. So what are the odds that something like that was happening? A million to one. Ten million to one? Higher? Let's just say that the chances of being in that situation are very, very remote, and I don't know even how it could be accomplished given the term limits that are on the books already.

Edit only to bold the last comment

Stretch....you know, my mother in law was raised in Italy. She died last January, 2023. To her last breath she didn't believe what people accused Mussolini of. Hitler didn't run on the platform he was going to be a dictator, nor did he say he would kill six million Jews. Power is slowly consolidated. Trump has consolidated the power in congress, now has his daughter in law in charge of the RNC. Said he wanted to get rid of "negative" networks. Mentioned he wanted to abolish the constitution. And no, not in the interview where he said he wanted to be a dictator for a day.

Stretch, I guess it would seem to be easier to just say I like lower taxes, I don't like woke, and Trump's morality and positions on virtually everything I am ok with . That would be easier to say than write everything you did.

Take over? He was one person from overturning an election, Mike Pence. Several people including KAri Lake said she would have remanded the electors back to the state. You say he exhausted the peaceful means and legal means that are afforded to him. Calling a Secretary of State asking him to "find 11780votes" is not a legal means. Nor is having a fake set of electors, BTW many have already plead guilty, is the "peaceful transfer of power". Claiming the election was rigged (sound familiar...said that when he lost to Ted Cruz in Iowa) is not the peaceful transfer of power. Not being at the ceremony to swear in the new President is not the peaceful transfer of power.

Get a book by Ken Block, he was hand picked by Trumps people to investigate voter fraud. Said there wsa none and told Trump there was no fraud in early December. Barr told him that. The 61 court cases told him that. Chris Krebbs told him that. Brad Raffensberger told him he lost Georgia, and how he lost Georgia. None of these people are "libtards". Liz Cheney? SHe voted with Trump 91% of the time.

And yes, so far he has beat all the charges and indictments, you are correct there...why do you think that is? He has successfully delayed each trial. Why would an innocent man delay a trial. Wait I know, libs in DC cant process the evidence and render a non biased decision. Only Maga's can.

So if Biden wins...which I am not sure he will, we will see the trials. If he is able to stall and delay, and gets a little help from Judge Cannon in Florida, and he wins the election all the cases will drop, but he will be down a half billion dollars.... for fraud in New York and not keeping his mouth shut in E Jean Carroll case.

****SInce you are convinced he is going to do that, please share with us all exactly how he will accomplish it. Military takeover? Don't be ridiculous. ....oh, what if you put someone like Michael Flynn in charge.. Is that really that 'Ridiculous?

I guess call me uniformed. I remember watching Bill Maher in early 2017. He made this statement....Trump is leaving office, or he will pull something to stay in office. He was talking to a Democratic congressman. The congressman said he was over reacting, that there are safe guards in place. ****The Congressman was correct.

So, instead of Pence say your VP was Lindsay, or Kari Lake. Do you think she would have done what Pence had the duty to do? ****I have no idea, and neither do you. Any discussion about what someone else would do is simply 100% speculation, unless and until they come out and make a specific statement on it. .

So next time Trump knows he cant have Bill Barr as his AG. Maybe someone like Rudy. Next time he can't have ...

That said, I can only think of one extremely rare possibility where there could be an argument for keeping him in office. That would be if he has done a good job with leading the nation but suddenly the world explodes, it is now in the middle of WWIII and we have actually been invaded and are actively being attacked by other nations. There would have to be an extreme State of Emergency declared, and the idea of transferring power during that time would be clearly dangerous to our country. So what are the odds that something like that was happening? A million to one. Ten million to one? Higher? Let's just say that the chances of being in that situation are very, very remote, and I don't know even how it could be accomplished given the term limits that are on the books already.

Stretch...let me start by asking you to use blue text instead of bold....that was hard stuff to read visually. At the end of the day, you...and the others that support Trump...have clearly decided to close your eyes to what kind of man that Trump is and have decided that he is the person to support since he is willing to say all of the quiet things that people like you believe and he doesn't care who that insults.

The Democratic Party is deeply flawed and a lot of the anger that White America has towards that party is justified. Some of their blatantly anti-middle class policies are infuriating and that party clearly cares more about minorities and the disadvantaged more than the average middle of the road white family. Liberals make choices every day that fly in the face of reason at the expense of millions of Americans. As an example, I pay a tremendous amount every year in taxes. I've paid over $100k of my own money to help my daughter get a great college degree. And yet, I may get punked a couple thousand dollars extra this year because my daughter is working her ass off to help pay her share in taxes and so we aren't going to claim her as a dependent. As a result, some of the college savings money that we used to pay for her college tuition might be taxable since she isn't a dependent...all while Biden is forgiving over a billion dollars in loans to people who are f#cking idiots who got trash diplomas for degrees that don't lead to employment.

So......I get your anger with the left. Democrats f#cking suck. I get that.

But why do you have to attach your lips to Trump's gigantic white ass? Why can't the GOP find a single candidate who's worth a damn without bowing before a narcissistic demagogue who wouldn't piss on you to put out a fire? Trump says he cares about you but everyone knows that all he cares about is himself. Vote GOP all you want but for the love of God, find someone who isn't the embodiment of every deadly sin and the worst of humanity.

As for your bullsh!t comment that he's being pursued by a "weaponized DOJ"....y'all need to just STFU about that. I've heard so much bullsh!t about Hillary's emails and Hunter Biden's laptop where the same a$$holes yelling about a "weaponized DOJ" were pissed when the GOP weaponized the DOJ but failed to find enough evidence to warrant charges. Everyone knows that Comey made a public announcement about the Clinton emails two weeks before the 2016 election to try to influence the election. Only a hypocritical a$$hole talks about a "weaponized DOJ" when it comes to Trump. And again, they knew they didn't have sh!t on Clinton that was worthy of legal action...they were specifically working to influence the election. I know that it sucks for you as a Trump sycophant that he's an actual piece of sh!t who routinely breaks the law...but sometimes the truth hurts. Biden sucks, Pelosi sucks, Hillary sucks, Schumer sucks and I don't like any of them, but only a delusional fool looks at Trump and says, "Now that's a great alternative".

So...you can argue about how sh!tty Democrats are and I'll agree with you, but history is going to look back on people like you the same way that it looks back at the Nazi party supporting Hitler. Everyone is going to wonder how the f#ck it happened and why so few people in the GOP had the courage to speak out. FWIW, I'm not saying that Trump is as evil as Hitler...but he's a narcissistic windbag who is willing to villainize a group of people for political gain and he views people that are not like him as inferior and unworthy of existence. Every one of you f#ckers that support Trump better hope that God is the New Testament guy who forgives assholery and not the Old Testament one that didn't tolerate sh!t. Trump is the living embodiment of the Golden Calf and the modern day GOP and evangelicals are the idolatrous fools worshipping in front of it. The dude sh!ts into an actual golden toilet and surrounds himself with gold. The sh!t is so on the nose that it's mind numbing and sickening to people who aren't MAGA supporters watching it happen.

Stretch...let me start by asking you to use blue text instead of bold....that was hard stuff to read visually. At the end of the day, you...and the others that support Trump...have clearly decided to close your eyes to what kind of man that Trump is and have decided that he is the person to support since he is willing to say all of the quiet things that people like you believe and he doesn't care who that insults.

The Democratic Party is deeply flawed and a lot of the anger that White America has towards that party is justified. Some of their blatantly anti-middle class policies are infuriating and that party clearly cares more about minorities and the disadvantaged more than the average middle of the road white family. Liberals make choices every day that fly in the face of reason at the expense of millions of Americans. As an example, I pay a tremendous amount every year in taxes. I've paid over $100k of my own money to help my daughter get a great college degree. And yet, I may get punked a couple thousand dollars extra this year because my daughter is working her ass off to help pay her share in taxes and so we aren't going to claim her as a dependent. As a result, some of the college savings money that we used to pay for her college tuition might be taxable since she isn't a dependent...all while Biden is forgiving over a billion dollars in loans to people who are f#cking idiots who got trash diplomas for degrees that don't lead to employment.

So......I get your anger with the left. Democrats f#cking suck. I get that.

But why do you have to attach your lips to Trump's gigantic white ass? Why can't the GOP find a single candidate who's worth a damn without bowing before a narcissistic demagogue who wouldn't piss on you to put out a fire? Trump says he cares about you but everyone knows that all he cares about is himself. Vote GOP all you want but for the love of God, find someone who isn't the embodiment of every deadly sin and the worst of humanity.

As for your bullsh!t comment that he's being pursued by a "weaponized DOJ"....y'all need to just STFU about that. I've heard so much bullsh!t about Hillary's emails and Hunter Biden's laptop where the same a$$holes yelling about a "weaponized DOJ" were pissed when the GOP weaponized the DOJ but failed to find enough evidence to warrant charges. Everyone knows that Comey made a public announcement about the Clinton emails two weeks before the 2016 election to try to influence the election. Only a hypocritical a$$hole talks about a "weaponized DOJ" when it comes to Trump. And again, they knew they didn't have sh!t on Clinton that was worthy of legal action...they were specifically working to influence the election. I know that it sucks for you as a Trump sycophant that he's an actual piece of sh!t who routinely breaks the law...but sometimes the truth hurts. Biden sucks, Pelosi sucks, Hillary sucks, Schumer sucks and I don't like any of them, but only a delusional fool looks at Trump and says, "Now that's a great alternative".

So...you can argue about how sh!tty Democrats are and I'll agree with you, but history is going to look back on people like you the same way that it looks back at the Nazi party supporting Hitler. Everyone is going to wonder how the f#ck it happened and why so few people in the GOP had the courage to speak out. FWIW, I'm not saying that Trump is as evil as Hitler...but he's a narcissistic windbag who is willing to villainize a group of people for political gain and he views people that are not like him as inferior and unworthy of existence. Every one of you f#ckers that support Trump better hope that God is the New Testament guy who forgives assholery and not the Old Testament one that didn't tolerate sh!t. Trump is the living embodiment of the Golden Calf and the modern day GOP and evangelicals are the idolatrous fools worshipping in front of it. The dude sh!ts into an actual golden toilet and surrounds himself with gold. The sh!t is so on the nose that it's mind numbing and sickening to people who aren't MAGA supporters watching it happen.
Allright - my last post on this abomination of a thread (seems like I've heard myself say that before).

Flat - sounds like you need a better tax accountant.

To the world - I listened to trump again the other day. Forget all the classified documents, years-old never-ending laptop and e-mail stories, a cornucopia of court cases. The man does nothing but insult people and call them names and make up names for them. And say how horrible the country has become, even though he did have 4 years to "fix" it. It's just hate and insults unbecoming of any of us, let alone the person who aspires to be the most powerful person in the world again. No policy ideas, no aspirational ideas other than taking revenge on all who ever opposed him. Just hate and vitriol.

Biden projects a decent, caring honorable man with decades of knowledge of experience, whether he has forgotten half of it or not. He is respected globally.

That's really the choice.

Allright - my last post on this abomination of a thread (seems like I've heard myself say that before).

Flat - sounds like you need a better tax accountant.

To the world - I listened to trump again the other day. Forget all the classified documents, years-old never-ending laptop and e-mail stories, a cornucopia of court cases. The man does nothing but insult people and call them names and make up names for them. And say how horrible the country has become, even though he did have 4 years to "fix" it. It's just hate and insults unbecoming of any of us, let alone the person who aspires to be the most powerful person in the world again. No policy ideas, no aspirational ideas other than taking revenge on all who ever opposed him. Just hate and vitriol.

Biden projects a decent, caring honorable man with decades of knowledge of experience, whether he has forgotten half of it or not. He is respected globally.

That's really the choice.
The problem is 45% of the people like the insults. They want the freedom to be like him. They like the theatrics. They think it advances their agenda. But not sure it helps them. Bill Mayer said it best years ago...rich people vote their interests, poor people don't. Serious, the wealthy people I know don't want to give another dime in taxes, yet some people say their accountants are so good they pay less in terms of a percentage of their income than a teacher making 50k.

I spent 4 years of my youth in West Virginia....what would be in their best interest. Corporate tax cuts to 20%(and btw when America was great, the wealthy paid over 50% in taxes) or health care they could afford, better education, and good drug and addiction facilities?

Someone needs to explain to me how giving Leo Mazzilo the former CEO of Countrywide a 150 million golden parachute to walk away from a failed company because he thought it was a great idea to have a zero down, no income verifying loan with 625 credit scores. The 150 million sure would seem to pay for better health care, or better education. That would pay for 1500 kids going to a four year college. Why the corporate socialism or welfare? What about the 720 billion they had to come up with to keep the US out of the ditch? They call that a hand out.

So not sure why the dems don't play the same way. Instead of Donald Trump it would be Agent Orange. Or Forrest Trump/ Corporal Bone Spurs/Putin's Plaything....on and on and on. Give people what they want...Jerry Springer.

Yes you are correct, it is written that a Prez can only have two terms, so why would I expect Trump to flip thyat on its side? ****OK, so there IS a very narrow situation whereby a president can serve more than two terms, but that would not apply to Trump. When a VP takes over due to death or other incapacity of the president and serves less than one half of a full term, that person could theoretically serve two full terms if elected twice. That could have happened for LBJ, and also could have happened for Al Gore had Slick Willy resigned like Nixon did rather than go through impeachment. I believed at the time and still do that having Clinton stick it out cost Gore the election is 2000, when he could have run as an incumbant.

1) Loves autocrats. Loves how they have power to do whatever they want. ****Yes, that is really bad, especially since he is the only person in DC that loves the power.
2) Called the Georgia Sec of State asking him to "find 11789 votes. **** We have covered this before, no need to go into too much detail, but you always wish to pretend there was no extenuating circumstances around it (the hour long phone call, which it now appears was illegally taped). And although not a president, there certainly has been many times that a candidate has pushed to "find votes". Like Gregoire, like Gore, like Franken, etc.
3) Didn't transfer power peacefully ****This is flat out a lie. Trump exhausted all the legal options and the options within the Electoral College, and then left town.
4) Lost 61 court cases and his own election person and his own AG told him he lost. He even hired an independent firm to look into it and even they told him he lost. Yet he still claimed he won. ****There were many things that happened before, during, and after that election that were questionable, and Trump had every right to pursue options to right what he felt were wrongs. Yes, there were people that told him he lost, but there were also people that disagreed with that.
5) Incited a riot, so Pence could not perform his duty ****This is simply bullshit, a talking point that the left loves to lose. In his speech he very specifically told the people to go "peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard". He said nothing about breaking in, nothing about rioting, nothing about killing anyone, he specifically said peacefully. Look, if you are going to take his joke about being a dictator for a day as being serious, then you will have to also take his words here as true also.
6) He waited four hours while there was violence and the Capitol and didn't do anything about it. ****Let me remind you AGAIN that trump and his people tried to provide troops (National Guard, I think) 3-4 days ahead of time to protect the capital in case of any protests that got out of hand. And he was rebuffed by the DC mayor and also Pelosi/Sgt at Arms/Police Chief who would not stage the troops nearby because they didn't like the optics it presented. BTW, you may recall that Trump also wanted to utilize federal troops to protect the US cities during all the riots and was also turned down by several mayors and governors. Seems like the Democrat politicians would prefer to have cities and neighborhoods destroyed rather us the troop to actually protect the places from the thugs and rioters. And why is that anyway?
7) 91 Indictments. Kept Top secret material and moved it around so the FBI couldnt get to it. ****Yes, a lot of indictments from a weaponized DOJ, and not a single conviction that sticks at this time. And they may be some valid ones in there, but the vast majority of them are steaming piles of cowshit legally. The FBI couldn't get to the files? Are you serious? The place was under Secret Service protection, and had actually been surveyed for security purposes, and a couple recommendation were installed as a result. It wasn't like the files were laying around an office where Chinese folks had access, or an office at a college that may or may not have been locked, or were stored out in the golf cart shack with the door open all the time.
8) He believes the constitution should be sidelined ****Really? Is that connected to his "Dictator for a day" comment? Because with all the suppression of speech and attacks on the Second Amendment, wanting to pack the Supreme Court, let illegal aliens vote, etc, it seems to me that the left is attacking the Constitution a Hell of a lot more than Trump or anyone on the right.
9) Had numerous affairs (adultery) while he had a six month at home. ****Excuse me. Please give me a minute to stop laughing on this one. I thought this was supposed to be about things a president has never done. Perhaps you meant it had just never been done with a 6 month old baby at home, not that no president had ever had an affair. This is hilarious. And assuming that is the truth, of course you realize it didn't happen when he was president. Although I am not fully up to speed on presidential ****ing, I THINK that Ike, JFK, LBJ, Milhaus, and Slick Willy all were making unauthorized deposits with non-spousal units during their time in office. And maybe others were also, I dunno for sure.
11) Went after John McCain. ****Yeah, I would rate that remark as a stupid move. But, politics is a dirty, dirty business, and McCain could take care of himself. In fact, John got back at him by killing the repeal of ObamaCare, didn't he.

Those are things just off the top of my head. So yeah I think he is very capable of overriding the two term limit and tell me who will challenge him on the Republican side? Lindsay? Nancy Maise, Tommy Tuberville? Marjorie Traitor Greene? Lauren Blowsbert? Josh Hawley? ****SInce you are convinced he is going to do that, please share with us all exactly how he will accomplish it. Military takeover? Don't be ridiculous.

So yeah I think it is way more likely he would do anything to stay in office. ****Fine. You are entitled to your opinion, everyone has one.

And say on the off chance I am right, what will you do? ****I will do nothing. There is nothing for me to do. It would all be up to lawyers or Congress or the military, or ???? But just so you know, I would support it! Oh, wait-that is an Ed trick, leaving out the word or letters that makes the meaning opposite. LOL So obviously I would not support Trump doing something to do your scenario and stay in office.

This reads like a Fox News transcript from a 2 hour segment on a loop.

The problem is 45% of the people like the insults. They want the freedom to be like him. They like the theatrics. They think it advances their agenda. But not sure it helps them. Bill Mayer said it best years ago...rich people vote their interests, poor people don't. Serious, the wealthy people I know don't want to give another dime in taxes, yet some people say their accountants are so good they pay less in terms of a percentage of their income than a teacher making 50k.

I spent 4 years of my youth in West Virginia....what would be in their best interest. Corporate tax cuts to 20%(and btw when America was great, the wealthy paid over 50% in taxes) or health care they could afford, better education, and good drug and addiction facilities?

Someone needs to explain to me how giving Leo Mazzilo the former CEO of Countrywide a 150 million golden parachute to walk away from a failed company because he thought it was a great idea to have a zero down, no income verifying loan with 625 credit scores. The 150 million sure would seem to pay for better health care, or better education. That would pay for 1500 kids going to a four year college. Why the corporate socialism or welfare? What about the 720 billion they had to come up with to keep the US out of the ditch? They call that a hand out.

So not sure why the dems don't play the same way. Instead of Donald Trump it would be Agent Orange. Or Forrest Trump/ Corporal Bone Spurs/Putin's Plaything....on and on and on. Give people what they want...Jerry Springer.
They (dems) don’t have to. They have demographics on their side. Trump got beat 4 years ago and there’s millions more young voters who are eligible to vote since then who are overwhelmingly against Trump and extreme R policies along with millions of folks who’ve eaten up the bullshit that comes out of his mouth who have since expired.

He’s the last desperate hope for a party who knows it F’d up going all in with him in the first place and the only game plan is to try and suppress votes and gin up a civil war on the premise of “voter fraud”.

They (dems) don’t have to. They have demographics on their side. Trump got beat 4 years ago and there’s millions more young voters who are eligible to vote since then who are overwhelmingly against Trump and extreme R policies along with millions of folks who’ve eaten up the bullshit that comes out of his mouth who have since expired.

He’s the last desperate hope for a party who knows it F’d up going all in with him in the first place and the only game plan is to try and suppress votes and gin up a civil war on the premise of “voter fraud”.
I could see Biden winning by 10 million and lose Mich and Wisconsin and lose the Electiral College

What is the point of spitting this inane political blather here, a college sports discussion board? Did Facebook and Reddit close down?

I could see Biden winning by 10 million and lose Mich and Wisconsin and lose the Electiral College

Naw the only way Republicans, conservatives(not the extreme far right ultra conservatives), win, is by almost any other candidate(in no particular order, Chris Christie, Romney, Ben Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Liz Cheney, the governor of Florida(having a brain fart, can't remember name), would do better then Trump and would beat Biden in the LARGEST landslide in Presidential history.

Biden, and the Democrats were hoping, praying that Trump wouldn't lose the Republican Nomination, and that Trump won't get removed from the ballot, because they know that there is about a 99.999% chance that Biden would beat Trump in a election, that would probably be close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT