ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs WSU game thread

Better 2nd half then 1st half.

UGLY win, except for the last half of 2nd half, which was a great comeback.

But UGLY or not, GLAD WSU WON.

WHEW.

WSU won the must win, and WSU CLINCHES, LOCKS UP NCAA TOURNAMENT, as long as WSU doesn't go 0-2 AND AND go winless in PAC 12 tourny combined.

As long as WSU wins at least 1 game in PAC 12 Tourny, WSU can go 0-2, and still goto NCAA tourny.

Now WSU is truly playing for BETTER SEEDING in NCAA tourny.
Hey Mik, did you read my "Painful Admission" post on the FB board?

So do you have something to say about your earlier post (see below)? BTW I said I was glad I was wrong when I said that we were going to lose.

Mik:
I KNEW THAT USC BEATING UCLA WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR WSU
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR WSU IF UCLA HAD DEMORALIZED USC.

SOMETIMES I HATE BEING RIGHT

And Tourny is not a word. Tourney is. Peace. :)

I went to bed when we went down by 9 in the second half. I have to get up at 4 am PST so watching us gack wasn’t worth the effort. This is the third time that I’ve gone to bed when we were trailing significantly and we came back.

It’s turned into a running joke with a friend of mine. Last night, he said, “looks like it’s your bedtime!”

You’re welcome.

BTW, I rarely post on social media during games. I know that we all care about WSU and only want the best but it’s kind of funny to read the negative Nancy posts after the fact.

Smith said that not only was Isaac Jones playing while SICK this game, but that he also did NOT practice at all, all week long, because of his sickness
Was wondering that. He looked off, not the same energy. I’d guess other guys on the team were sick to varying degrees as well this last week.

Our inside game has been way off the last two games. Luckily outside shooting was lights out against USC otherwise we’d have been toast. Need to get these guys healthy and back to dominating the paint this weekend!

Just would like to give a huge shout out to Larry Scott for making Pac 12 Network available only on an obscure streaming app.

Tool.

Reactions: 79COUG
Larry Scott is the Joe Biden of commissioners. Taking care of foreigners over US citizens.
I think you mean "newcomers". Foreigners is very racist and offensive and triggering and brutal and only a disgusting person without a heart would use such a demeaning term.

is there a thread you all won’t turn into a political bitchfest?
No.

Except if you were really paying attention you would realize that I wasn't the one that made the first reference to a political issue. My deepest apologies if I triggered your delicate sensibilities with an attempt at a little humor. Something this country needs a lot more of.

Reactions: HCoug
No.

Except if you were really paying attention you would realize that I wasn't the one that made the first reference to a political issue. My deepest apologies if I triggered your delicate sensibilities with an attempt at a little humor. Something this country needs a lot more of.
WTF? Gawd I go workout and grocery shopping and we have conflict? Stretch I assumed that your "foreigner" post was tongue in cheek. Personally, I prefer the term wetback since most of 'em come across the Rio Grande. Or boat people for those that take the ocean route.

WTF? Gawd I go workout and grocery shopping and we have conflict? Stretch I assumed that your "foreigner" post was tongue in cheek. Personally, I prefer the term wetback since most of 'em come across the Rio Grande. Or boat people for those that take the ocean route.
You are correct, it absolutely was tongue in cheek, or sarcasm, or cynicism. Call it what you want, just a little humor thrown out there.

It seems like the entire left wing has lost their senses of humor. My God-folks like Don Rickles would be absolutely crucified today, and I mean that literally. People like Jerry Seinfeld stopped playing college campuses due to the triggered snowflakes that infest them. 90 gets his panties in a bunch here over an innocuous comment on a message board.

Our country is in deep, deep trouble........

You are correct, it absolutely was tongue in cheek, or sarcasm, or cynicism. Call it what you want, just a little humor thrown out there.

It seems like the entire left wing has lost their senses of humor. My God-folks like Don Rickles would be absolutely crucified today, and I mean that literally. People like Jerry Seinfeld stopped playing college campuses due to the triggered snowflakes that infest them. 90 gets his panties in a bunch here over an innocuous comment on a message board.

If you think this is why our country is in trouble all I can say is "wow" .

And the right wing never had a sense of humor. All they can do is scream and yell.

But yes the left wing has gone way too far in a lot of ways. The overly sensitive woke mentality is really hard to deal with. You can't even be nice to people anymore.

And edit - I have a dry, sometimes a hair off-color, and often sarcastic sense of humor. And am a friendly, gregarious guy, even when I'm not hitting on women. I used to get along just fine. As the years go by, not as much. Although the cutie at the grocery store last night was quite friendly, smiled and said thank you when I moved my cart out of her way and said "beauty before age".

Last edited:

dude get off it. You literally can’t help yourself and have to make some political snark in every thread. We get it, you want to gargle trumps balls. You don’t have to tell us 5 times a day.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
If you think this is why our country is in trouble all I can say is "wow" .
For Christ's sake, Ed! That is not THE reason (implication being the only reason), it is just a small part of why our country is in trouble. Perhaps just a symptom, not THE cause.

dude get off it. You literally can’t help yourself and have to make some political snark in every thread. We get it, you want to gargle trumps balls. You don’t have to tell us 5 times a day.
Well, THAT certainly was a bullshit, inaccurate, exaggerated claim. Every thread, yeah, right. Go ahead and try to come up with some proof on that. Seriously, go ahead-we'll wait.

Seems like YOU are the one that can't help himself. All you had to do was not respond and my comment would have soon gotten buried in the thread, but you just couldn't help yourself, could you. Left wing loon, knee jerk reaction.

In the meantime, how about if I run every post by you before actually posting it on the boards? Would that make you happy, allow you to sleep well at night by never having to see something show up here that you disagree with? That must really be a sad little life you are leading where something as simple as that gets your rectum so puckered up.

Oh no!!!! There is another post from that GD Stretch fella. Get outta the way, Mom- I need the keyboard and must quickly post a reply.........

USC beat the uw 82-75. Collier who scored 24 against us had a career high 31 today. Our win Thursday was against a tough team. USC's overall record is not good, but they are finally playing to what they were predicted before the season.

Reactions: mikalalas
Collier is the proverbial "dude".

Unfortunately, it looks like Hop's days are numbered. Some of the more delusional mutt fans think they can write another check to a UA coach and bring in Tommy Lloyd. Others of course want Smith.

Well, THAT certainly was a bullshit, inaccurate, exaggerated claim. Every thread, yeah, right. Go ahead and try to come up with some proof on that. Seriously, go ahead-we'll wait.

Seems like YOU are the one that can't help himself. All you had to do was not respond and my comment would have soon gotten buried in the thread, but you just couldn't help yourself, could you. Left wing loon, knee jerk reaction.

In the meantime, how about if I run every post by you before actually posting it on the boards? Would that make you happy, allow you to sleep well at night by never having to see something show up here that you disagree with? That must really be a sad little life you are leading where something as simple as that gets your rectum so puckered up.

Oh no!!!! There is another post from that GD Stretch fella. Get outta the way, Mom- I need the keyboard and must quickly post a reply.........
No it’s not. And yeah you do.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug

Here's the deal. My GOP brethren love to go off about the liberal, woke, left-wing snowflakes but the truth is that there isn't a more sensitive hyper-reactive group than those same GOP people. What makes it frustrating is that I actually agree with a lot of the GOP criticisms of the left, but because they have become so used to "gargling Trump's balls", their solutions are just as moronic as the stupid things that the left does.

What makes me really sad is talking to a friend of mine who admits that he no longer watches Trump's speeches because they are hot garbage...but he blindly supports the guy because, by God....he's not Joe Biden. It blows my fuggin' mind that we have those two fossils to vote for and folks like you and my friend who could choose to make a difference instead choose to double down in your support of a demagogue.

Except for WSU's VERY BAD SHOOTING for the first half of the first half, WSU wasn't playing bad.

1. Only 3 WSU turnovers.

2. Ok WSU rebounding.

The reason why it seemed that WSU was playing bad, was because THE WORST SHOOTING UCLA TEAM IN UCLA HISTORY, AND ONE OF THE WORST SHOOTING TEAMS IN ENTIRE COUNTRY COULDNT MISS FOR A LONG WHILE.

AND COMBINED WITH THE SHITTIEST OFFICIATING IN A LONG TIME.

There was about 4,5,6,7 fouls that weren't called, that should have been called, that would have gotten WSU 5 to 8 to 11 more points.

And Smith in the pregame said that Jones, Kymany are still sick.

The refs were keeping UCLA in the game, but I knew that eventually UCLA's penchant for bad shooting would catch up with them, and would start missing and that WSU would eventually probably take control of the game.

Now with WSU up 8 at the half, WSU has probably crushed, broken UCLA, or will crush, break UCLA.

No it’s not. And yeah you do.
OK, let's examine the data, shall we? Your claim is that I ruin every thread on WazzuWatch by always turning it into a political discussion/thread/argument/whatever you want to call it. So, what does "every mean? I will answer that for you from the online dictionary. "Every" mean all possible; the greatest possible degree of: Prett basic, simple, easy to understand, and I think most of the college grads here would agree with that.

So let's take a look at the most recent threads right on this very forum to find out if your claim is true or not.
  • Did I post in "So the UCLA coach thread? No
  • Did I post in the UCLA vs WSU thread? No
  • Did I post in the Ignore-Coug90 beat me? No
  • Did I post in the WSU vs Utah thread? Yes, one post. Was it political? No
  • Did I post in the Spokane Round thread? No
  • Did I post in the UCLA & uw thread? No
  • Did I post in the USC vs WSU game thread? Yes, I did. Was it political? Barely
Let's go to the videotape! You can easily see and verify for yourself that out of the 7 most recent posts on the MBB forum I only posted on 2 out of 7, and only one of those was political. So obviously your claim was an exaggerated bullshit claim, just as I previously stated, and you are apparently not a math major, as you don't understand the difference between 1 out of 7 and 7 out of 7.

Now go grab yourself a Zima and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Here's the deal. My GOP brethren love to go off about the liberal, woke, left-wing snowflakes but the truth is that there isn't a more sensitive hyper-reactive group than those same GOP people. What makes it frustrating is that I actually agree with a lot of the GOP criticisms of the left, but because they have become so used to "gargling Trump's balls", their solutions are just as moronic as the stupid things that the left does.

What makes me really sad is talking to a friend of mine who admits that he no longer watches Trump's speeches because they are hot garbage...but he blindly supports the guy because, by God....he's not Joe Biden. It blows my fuggin' mind that we have those two fossils to vote for and folks like you and my friend who could choose to make a difference instead choose to double down in your support of a demagogue.
Look, I hate what Congress has been doing for a long, long time, and LOT of Americans agree with me. I have long wanted a spot on the ballot that says "Throw ALL of the bastards out". I could go for that. Haven't noticed a poll on their approval for a while, but I remember seeing approval rating under 20% at least and maybe even into single digits.

I can understand how 3/4 of the country doesn't want either Trump or Biden, but sadly, it looks like that is our choice this time around. Given that choice, there is no way in Hell I would ever vote for Biden. I agree with your friend about not wanting to listen to Trump's rambling speeches, but good lord- try to listen to Grampa Joe bumbling and stumbling through a speech sometime without pining for fingernails on a blackboard instead. And that is just the speaking. When you compare which one of the two did a better job for the country, there is no comparison. Joe Biden has done incredible damage to the USA and we will be suffering from his policies and actions for many, many years.

And who knows who is even calling the shots, who is actually running the country right now. Joe Biden was never to brightest bulb in the hallway, and his faculties are severely compromised now. He cannot do anything without his little cue cards to read from, he wanders around lost trying to figure out how to get off a stage, and he has to have marks on the floor to tell him where to stand. Fifth graders show more cognitive ability than he does at this point, and Biden displays weakness to all of our enemies and competitors around the world.

And while I think you have stated earlier about how good your retirement accounts are doing, I hope you are fully aware that those accounts can only buy you about 75-80% of what they could buy just 3 years ago. Compound inflation is NOT such a wonderful thing.

Look, I hate what Congress has been doing for a long, long time, and LOT of Americans agree with me. I have long wanted a spot on the ballot that says "Throw ALL of the bastards out". I could go for that. Haven't noticed a poll on their approval for a while, but I remember seeing approval rating under 20% at least and maybe even into single digits.

I can understand how 3/4 of the country doesn't want either Trump or Biden, but sadly, it looks like that is our choice this time around. Given that choice, there is no way in Hell I would ever vote for Biden. I agree with your friend about not wanting to listen to Trump's rambling speeches, but good lord- try to listen to Grampa Joe bumbling and stumbling through a speech sometime without pining for fingernails on a blackboard instead. And that is just the speaking. When you compare which one of the two did a better job for the country, there is no comparison. Joe Biden has done incredible damage to the USA and we will be suffering from his policies and actions for many, many years.

And who knows who is even calling the shots, who is actually running the country right now. Joe Biden was never to brightest bulb in the hallway, and his faculties are severely compromised now. He cannot do anything without his little cue cards to read from, he wanders around lost trying to figure out how to get off a stage, and he has to have marks on the floor to tell him where to stand. Fifth graders show more cognitive ability than he does at this point, and Biden displays weakness to all of our enemies and competitors around the world.

And while I think you have stated earlier about how good your retirement accounts are doing, I hope you are fully aware that those accounts can only buy you about 75-80% of what they could buy just 3 years ago. Compound inflation is NOT such a wonderful thing.
Boy Stretch I was actually kind of rooting for you in this little pissing contest but this last post soured me. Where do I start?
  • Biden is a bumbler? Well yeah - but at least he knows the difference between Haley and Pelosi. Trump's rambling is as bad or worse than Biden's. I guess since he shouts it out it is OK?
  • Biden has done incredible damage? Such as what?
  • Biden displays weakness abroad? Oh like "Russia can do whatever the hell they want to your country if you don't buck up"? Oh and let's snuggle up to North Korea?
  • My retirement accounts are running well ahead of inflation. Only worth 75-80% from 3 years ago? Really? Where are you getting that shit from? I'm not a great investor, but you must be if you have lost 25% after inflation. And as I'm sure you know, President's don't singlehandedly control inflation, the economy, world affairs, or anything else
  • I'm not a big Biden fan at all. But Donald Trump is a horrible and despicable human being and IS personally responsible for inflicting MAJOR damage to this country of ours. His continuing agenda of hate and division has polarized this country. For you and other people that I talk to that ignore all of that and focus on the fact that Biden has lost a step as a reason to prefer a bad, bad person as our leader just slays me
  • What is worse? In 4 years we will thankfully be done with both of these guys - unless Trump loses and runs yet again. Then what? Can you name one potential candidate on either side of the aisle that would be a good president? I can't. You can pin a lot of that on Trump
So there. But keeping with my poster amnesia mantra, I will wake up tomorrow and forget all this shit.

OK, let's examine the data, shall we? Your claim is that I ruin every thread on WazzuWatch by always turning it into a political discussion/thread/argument/whatever you want to call it. So, what does "every mean? I will answer that for you from the online dictionary. "Every" mean all possible; the greatest possible degree of: Prett basic, simple, easy to understand, and I think most of the college grads here would agree with that.

So let's take a look at the most recent threads right on this very forum to find out if your claim is true or not.
  • Did I post in "So the UCLA coach thread? No
  • Did I post in the UCLA vs WSU thread? No
  • Did I post in the Ignore-Coug90 beat me? No
  • Did I post in the WSU vs Utah thread? Yes, one post. Was it political? No
  • Did I post in the Spokane Round thread? No
  • Did I post in the UCLA & uw thread? No
  • Did I post in the USC vs WSU game thread? Yes, I did. Was it political? Barely
Let's go to the videotape! You can easily see and verify for yourself that out of the 7 most recent posts on the MBB forum I only posted on 2 out of 7, and only one of those was political. So obviously your claim was an exaggerated bullshit claim, just as I previously stated, and you are apparently not a math major, as you don't understand the difference between 1 out of 7 and 7 out of 7.

Now go grab yourself a Zima and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Oh now I drink zima because I don’t worship Trump? The mental gymnastics you clowns do to act like tough guys is hysterical. A bottle of whiskey between us you’d be puking like a teenage girl drinking her first boones farm.

Oh now I drink zima because I don’t worship Trump? The mental gymnastics you clowns do to act like tough guys is hysterical. A bottle of whiskey between us you’d be puking like a teenage girl drinking her first boones farm.
Oh, gee- I sure wish I was a tough guy like you.

You know what, If I was to drink half a fifth there is a good chance I would puke. I am not a heavy drinker and I never did like whiskey. So what. I got sick from drinking once in my life, right after finals junior year, and that lesson has stuck with me for 50 years. I have a beer or two, the occasional margarita with a nice Mexican meal, and that is enough for me. And I have no need to prove I am all macho tough guy by getting a tattoo or getting into a drinking contest with a professional. I am smarter than that. But go ahead and carry on with your contests.

BTW, it is noted that you have no response to the data I provided proving that you were either ignorant or lying.

You know what, If I was to drink half a fifth there is a good chance I would puke. I am not a heavy drinker and I never did like whiskey. So what. I got sick from drinking once in my life, right after finals junior year, and that lesson has stuck with me for 50 years. I have a beer or two, the occasional margarita with a nice Mexican meal, and that is enough for me. And I have no need to prove I am all macho tough guy by getting a tattoo or getting into a drinking contest with a professional. I am smarter than that. But go ahead and carry on with your contests.

BTW, it is noted that you have no response to the data I provided proving that you were either ignorant or lying.
Now we are getting to the root of the problem. I only drink Coors Light now, but oh in the day. Or daze. Mac and Sprite for decades. Never liked Jack, Jim, etc. Canadian only. Southern Comfort is gross.

Have thought for decades about getting a Coug tattoo on my shoulder, just can't pull the trigger. The tats I see down in this shithole - why would you do that to your body? Although this gal I was with for a while - she had a full, colorful back tattoo. Flowers, birds, bees, etc. It was beautiful. And sexy as hell.

Agree, that Trump's governmental policies are better then Biden.

BIden, and Trump both, have MORAL, ETHICAL problems. Which has the worst Moral, ethical, etc, problems? I don't know, or they are about equal.

But at least Biden did not use the same type of FIERY RHETORIC, that Trump used to cause the Jan 6 riots, that Schumer used to cause assassins to quite literally try to kill, assassinate Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh, that Maxine Waters and DEMOTARDCRATS used to cause the nation wide George FLOYD Riots BURNING DOWN OF USA, Altho Biden did try to USURP control of everything, be a DICTATOR, just like INSLEE during COVID.

Because of all the above neither Trump or Biden gets my vote, and I refuse to vote for either of them, BECAUSE THEIR IS NO ACCEPTABLE LESSER OF TWO EVILS OPTION AS BOTH TRUMP AND BIDEN WOULD, WILL EQUALLY FCK THE USA UP IN DIFFERENT, BUT EQUAL WAYS.

So my vote goes to the libertarian, constitutionalist party candidate whoever they are or will be as they both are better, more deserving, etc, of my vote then Trump and Biden who both are CRAP, EVIL, ETC.

It's just too bad the Democrats are too stupid to have Joe Manchin as their presidential candidate, instead of Biden, and too bad that the Republicans are too stupid to choose a better candidate then Trump.

That you referenced a bunch of 5 post threads on the bball forum is almost as dumb as accusing someone of being a zima drinker when you never tie one on. Good to know I was right on both.

Boy Stretch I was actually kind of rooting for you in this little pissing contest but this last post soured me. Where do I start?
  • Biden is a bumbler? Well yeah - but at least he knows the difference between Haley and Pelosi. Trump's rambling is as bad or worse than Biden's. I guess since he shouts it out it is OK?
  • Biden has done incredible damage? Such as what?
  • Biden displays weakness abroad? Oh like "Russia can do whatever the hell they want to your country if you don't buck up"? Oh and let's snuggle up to North Korea?
  • My retirement accounts are running well ahead of inflation. Only worth 75-80% from 3 years ago? Really? Where are you getting that shit from? I'm not a great investor, but you must be if you have lost 25% after inflation. And as I'm sure you know, President's don't singlehandedly control inflation, the economy, world affairs, or anything else
  • I'm not a big Biden fan at all. But Donald Trump is a horrible and despicable human being and IS personally responsible for inflicting MAJOR damage to this country of ours. His continuing agenda of hate and division has polarized this country. For you and other people that I talk to that ignore all of that and focus on the fact that Biden has lost a step as a reason to prefer a bad, bad person as our leader just slays me
  • What is worse? In 4 years we will thankfully be done with both of these guys - unless Trump loses and runs yet again. Then what? Can you name one potential candidate on either side of the aisle that would be a good president? I can't. You can pin a lot of that on Trump
So there. But keeping with my poster amnesia mantra, I will wake up tomorrow and forget all this shit.
Dumb ass probably invested in My Pillow and X, because. that’s why conbros do.🙄

My portfolio is at an all time nigh, despite being in the withdrawal phase. Just like the overall markets.

Larry Scott is the Joe Biden of commissioners. Taking care of foreigners over US citizens.
That is two Presidents taking care of "foreigners" over US citizens . Forrest Trump takes great care of his spooning bro Bad Vlad

I guess i have to scratch my head when it comes to the comparison . The stock market use to be a key indicator for Trump and his supporters . Now, not so much . Unemployment use to be a measure of a strong economy, not so much . Bring chip manufacturing would normally be a good thing... now nit so much.

Biden and US (until now) have helped Ukraine.

We have produced more petroleum now than in any time and we piss and moan about gas prices . Yet Big oil has had its more profitable years. Free market .

So inflation has gone from what? 9 to 3?

Meanwhile the other guy tried to overturn an election . Has openly said he would like to get rid of the constitution, that he would allow Putin to go wherever he wanted . He hasn't stated how he would improve health care, bring prices down for prescription drugs, improve roads and infrastructure, or many other social issues .

Reactions: Coug1990
I guess i have to scratch my head when it comes to the comparison . The stock market use to be a key indicator for Trump and his supporters . Now, not so much . Unemployment use to be a measure of a strong economy, not so much . Bring chip manufacturing would normally be a good thing... now nit so much.

Biden and US (until now) have helped Ukraine.

We have produced more petroleum now than in any time and we piss and moan about gas prices . Yet Big oil has had its more profitable years. Free market .

So inflation has gone from what? 9 to 3?

Meanwhile the other guy tried to overturn an election . Has openly said he would like to get rid of the constitution, that he would allow Putin to go wherever he wanted . He hasn't stated how he would improve health care, bring prices down for prescription drugs, improve roads and infrastructure, or many other social issues .
I guess I will start my response with three famous quotes, all of which are true:
1, Robert Gates- Joe Biden has been wrong on every major foreign policy issue during his career.
2. Barry Obama- Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to **** things up!
3. Stretch- The president always gets more credit than he deserves when the economy is going well, and he gets more blame than he deserves when the economy is going bad.

That said, there can be no argument that the policies. procedures, executive orders, and administrative bureaucracy's can greatly influence the "economy". Both from a macro perspective as well as individual perspective. So let's look at some of those things. Start with the stock market, specifically the most commonly used Dow Jones Industrials Average. Figures are slightly rounded off, so don't argue about being off by a day or two or 40-50 points.
1/15/2017- 19,700 (Trump takes office)
1/15/2020- 28,500 (3 year mark, just before Covid hit)
3/25/2020- 21,200 (depth of the Covid scare)
1/15/2021- 30,800 (Trump leaves office, Biden takes office)
11/1/2021- 36,300 (Peaks)
10/15/2022- 29,200
1/15/2023- 37,500 (3 year mark to match Trump)
Note that after 3 years under Trump the market went up 56%, after 3 years under Biden the market went up 22%. Can you tell us which one was better?

Unemployment:
Jan 2017- 4.7%
Feb 2020- 3.5% (prior to Covid)
Apr 2020- 14.8% (Peak from Covid)
Jan 2021- 6.4% (Trump leaves office, Joe takes the reins)
Jun 2022- 4.0%
Feb 2024- now running 3.7%, had a low of 3.5%

January 2020 with Trump- Blacks 6.3%, Hispanic 4.3%, White 3.2%, Men 3.5%, women 3.4%
January 2023 with Biden- Blacks 5.3%, Hispanic 5.0%, White 3.4%, Men 3.9%, Women 3.4%
Not much difference there, nothing to really brag about.

Bringing back industries:
Well, I remember Trump doing some things in that area, but not specifics. Think some of it was tied to tax breaks that rewarded bringing back overseas operations. Don't know how much Joe tried to do, but would bet in involved actually giving away taxpayer's money rather than just giving tax credits.

Yes, Joe Biden has been shoveling money and arms and defensive systems to the Ukrainians. It's too bad for us and them that he has been late every step of the way. If we were to be committed to helping them out, it should have started as Putin was moving his assets to the border so they could more easily be repelled, rather than trying to eradicate them after they took over big chunks of the country and spread out all over the place. Joe Biden- wrong again on a major foreign policy issue. BTW, does Ukraine have a very poor reputation for corruption or are they very honest? And is that the country that gave his family millions of dollars? Might that have influenced his decision making?

Inflation:
Under Trump there were 4 months that ran 2.7-2.9, one month that was 2.5, all other months were under that, mostly 1.x annual %.
Biden takes over and it jumps to 2.6% in March 2021, 4.2% in April, and 9.1% in June! Highest rate in over 40 years. He got it down to 3.1 last October, and it was 4.1 in Jan or Feb this year. Biden's policies and spending like a drunken sailor lead directly to the huge jump in inflation, and he and his team were warned by many, many folks that the inflation was bound to happen as a result of all that spending. But they had to go ahead and dole out the money by the billions in their quest to buy votes and voters. That has hurt many millions of Americans, and the ones it hurts the most are the lower income families, the ones that the libs always claim to care so deeply about. (BTW, the lower income quintile under Trump was the quintile that made the biggest gains in REAL income, now they are getting steamrolled under Biden.)

So you want to brag about inflation rate coming down from 9% to 3%, huh. Well, I am going to tell you that that is a stupid thing to do. As I am sure you know, compound interest is a good thing, and financial advisors always tell you to take advantage of it. It makes your money grow faster- Hooray! Well, the the thing that Biden and all his ass kissers like Karin Grey Poopon and apparently you like to ignore, is that there is an inverse to compound interest, and it is compound inflation. In other words, it adds up! It makes little difference that it is now 3-4%, it has been adding up now for three years and those prices will not be coming down for the vast majority of retail items. Yes, they claim that core inflation is "only" about 17%, but when you include the things like housing, fuel, food, utilities that the core CPI excludes, the typical family is struggling to afford things now. They are forced to lower their standard of living because their paychecks have not kept up with real life inflation. More people are being forced to get a second job, to "unretire" to live their daily lives. There are two dangerous warning signs for our economy that don't get play by the administration or the MSM that acts as the propaganda arm of the Democrat party- that is the drop in savings as families raid them to afford daily living, and they also are running up consumer credit debt at an alarming rate. So while a GDP number or unemployment number might look okay on the macro level, there are very disturbing trends that affect the working people of the country.

And BTW, I don't think that inflation index is going to get much better for quite a while as we pay for college debt, health care and schooling and housing and food and, and, and for all of the 10,000,000 illegal aliens that have crossed our border in the past three years.

There is more but it will have to wait as my back is aching and I am tired.

Have a good night, all. Go Cougs!

EDIT to add my sports analogy: When the Cowboys and Redskins play and Dallas is ahead 42-3 after 3 quarters and the Redskins then get a TD and "win" the 4th quarter 7-0, you do NOT applaud the teams effort in the last quarter and crow about how they are on the right direction. But that is exactly what Joe and Ed when they what a good thing it is that inflation has come down from 9% to 3%. They still effed everything up for the first 3 quarters and game as a whole was a disaster. Same as the inflation issue.

Good night......

Last edited:
I guess I will start my response with three famous quotes, all of which are true:
1, Robert Gates- Joe Biden has been wrong on every major foreign policy issue during his career.
2. Barry Obama- Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to **** things up!
3. Stretch- The president always gets more credit than he deserves when the economy is going well, and he gets more blame than he deserves when the economy is going bad.

That said, there can be no argument that the policies. procedures, executive orders, and administrative bureaucracy's can greatly influence the "economy". Both from a macro perspective as well as individual perspective. So let's look at some of those things. Start with the stock market, specifically the most commonly used Dow Jones Industrials Average. Figures are slightly rounded off, so don't argue about being off by a day or two or 40-50 points.
1/15/2017- 19,700 (Trump takes office)
1/15/2020- 28,500 (3 year mark, just before Covid hit)
3/25/2020- 21,200 (depth of the Covid scare)
1/15/2021- 30,800 (Trump leaves office, Biden takes office)
11/1/2021- 36,300 (Peaks)
10/15/2022- 29,200
1/15/2023- 37,500 (3 year mark to match Trump)
Note that after 3 years under Trump the market went up 56%, after 3 years under Biden the market went up 22%. Can you tell us which one was better?

Unemployment:
Jan 2017- 4.7%
Feb 2020- 3.5% (prior to Covid)
Apr 2020- 14.8% (Peak from Covid)
Jan 2021- 6.4% (Trump leaves office, Joe takes the reins)
Jun 2022- 4.0%
Feb 2024- now running 3.7%, had a low of 3.5%

January 2020 with Trump- Blacks 6.3%, Hispanic 4.3%, White 3.2%, Men 3.5%, women 3.4%
January 2023 with Biden- Blacks 5.3%, Hispanic 5.0%, White 3.4%, Men 3.9%, Women 3.4%
Not much difference there, nothing to really brag about.

Bringing back industries:
Well, I remember Trump doing some things in that area, but not specifics. Think some of it was tied to tax breaks that rewarded bringing back overseas operations. Don't know how much Joe tried to do, but would bet in involved actually giving away taxpayer's money rather than just giving tax credits.

Yes, Joe Biden has been shoveling money and arms and defensive systems to the Ukrainians. It's too bad for us and them that he has been late every step of the way. If we were to be committed to helping them out, it should have started as Putin was moving his assets to the border so they could more easily be repelled, rather than trying to eradicate them after they took over big chunks of the country and spread out all over the place. Joe Biden- wrong again on a major foreign policy issue. BTW, does Ukraine have a very poor reputation for corruption or are they very honest? And is that the country that gave his family millions of dollars? Might that have influenced his decision making?

Inflation:
Under Trump there were 4 months that ran 2.7-2.9, one month that was 2.5, all other months were under that, mostly 1.x annual %.
Biden takes over and it jumps to 2.6% in March 2021, 4.2% in April, and 9.1% in June! Highest rate in over 40 years. He got it down to 3.1 last October, and it was 4.1 in Jan or Feb this year. Biden's policies and spending like a drunken sailor lead directly to the huge jump in inflation, and he and his team were warned by many, many folks that the inflation was bound to happen as a result of all that spending. But they had to go ahead and dole out the money by the billions in their quest to buy votes and voters. That has hurt many millions of Americans, and the ones it hurts the most are the lower income families, the ones that the libs always claim to care so deeply about. (BTW, the lower income quintile under Trump was the quintile that made the biggest gains in REAL income, now they are getting steamrolled under Biden.)

So you want to brag about inflation rate coming down from 9% to 3%, huh. Well, I am going to tell you that that is a stupid thing to do. As I am sure you know, compound interest is a good thing, and financial advisors always tell you to take advantage of it. It makes your money grow faster- Hooray! Well, the the thing that Biden and all his ass kissers like Karin Grey Poopon and apparently you like to ignore, is that there is an inverse to compound interest, and it is compound inflation. In other words, it adds up! It makes little difference that it is now 3-4%, it has been adding up now for three years and those prices will not be coming down for the vast majority of retail items. Yes, they claim that core inflation is "only" about 17%, but when you include the things like housing, fuel, food, utilities that the core CPI excludes, the typical family is struggling to afford things now. They are forced to lower their standard of living because their paychecks have not kept up with real life inflation. More people are being forced to get a second job, to "unretire" to live their daily lives. There are two dangerous warning signs for our economy that don't get play by the administration or the MSM that acts as the propaganda arm of the Democrat party- that is the drop in savings as families raid them to afford daily living, and they also are running up consumer credit debt at an alarming rate. So while a GDP number or unemployment number might look okay on the macro level, there are very disturbing trends that affect the working people of the country.

And BTW, I don't think that inflation index is going to get much better for quite a while as we pay for college debt, health care and schooling and housing and food and, and, and for all of the 10,000,000 illegal aliens that have crossed our border in the past three years.

There is more but it will have to wait as my back is aching and I am tired.

Have a good night, all. Go Cougs!

EDIT to add my sports analogy: When the Cowboys and Redskins play and Dallas is ahead 42-3 after 3 quarters and the Redskins then get a TD and "win" the 4th quarter 7-0, you do NOT applaud the teams effort in the last quarter and crow about how they are on the right direction. But that is exactly what Joe and Ed when they what a good thing it is that inflation has come down from 9% to 3%. They still effed everything up for the first 3 quarters and game as a whole was a disaster. Same as the inflation issue.

Good night......
So what you are saying is there wasn't a great deal of erosion between what Trump had going on with the economy and what Biden has done? Some would argue of course the stock market came close to doubling because the cost for businesses and consumers to borrow money was at or near record lows.

GDP is higher, unemployment is lower, wages are higher under Biden. But even saying that for discussion purposes I will say a slight lean to Trump. Fair?

Ukraine- Trump held up weapons delivery to Ukraine. That shipment and aid was always sent by June of each year. Trump held it up, and told the new President of Ukraine he would like Hunter Biden investigated. It was only released when the press found out about it late in August and was delivered in September. (as far as the money machine, the source on Hunter Biden was just arrested for being a Russian asset. ...can't make this stuff up) But stopping Putin is imperative unless you want boots on the ground in Poland for example.

IN terms of being late, it is only now we haven't delivered the Ukrainians the weapons they need and it is at the time they (Russians) are gaining ground in Ukraine. Who is holding up the aid? Trump and the congress.

So Trump promised a wall and Mexico was going to pay for it. Never happened. He promised health care better than Obama Care, and it would take him just a few days to implement a better program . Never happened. I suppose I could go on and on.

But really there is a bottom line. For my friend he makes it easy....and it is the following math equation..... Lower Taxes > threat to democracy.

Stretch, I always thought the nickname was due to height, but you sure stretch yourself into a pretzel defending Trump. For you it seems like the math equation is economy (small delta between Biden and Agent Orange)/tax policy(I believe Biden and Forrest Trump have the same tax rates) / Border policy (which Trump just nixed strongest policy ever put forward) is > threat to democracy/91 counts/adulterous affairs

Regarding Robert Gates, ask him if he believes Biden's position on Ukraine, China and Russia is "on teh wrong side"

Finally the age thing... I would hope you would see the Trump speech this weekend. He claimed he signed a piece of Veterans legislation that "Barry" signed. He muttered that Putin is threatening nukes because President Obama is so weak (he doesn't even know who the President he is running against will be) he was talking about a person named Argentina. Obama/Biden has always made name gaffes. Donald Gump is easily in as much decline or more than Biden.

I'll just follow up by saying that although inflation sucks and I know that over-stimulus contributed to inflation problems...the fact that there was inflation around the world suggests that the inflation might have been a global thing as much as anything else.

Much like gas prices are rarely dependent on who's sitting in the oval office...sometimes things can't be controlled. Contrary to what liberals will tell you...COVID and its impacts are not Trump's fault. Many of the impacts are not Biden's fault. When factories shut down around the world and disrupted supply chains...nobody was going to avoid that....even the Orange one. The botched response on respirators and masks during COVID tells you all that you need to know about how much the Cheeto-in-Chief could influence things.

I find it funny that our stale economy under Obama's last three years produced more jobs than Trump's first three years....before COVID torpedoed the whole damn thing. Trump used to brag that we'd have 4% GDP growth when he was President and we never saw 3% growth. It jumped 6% during the COVID recovery when Biden was President. A lot of that falls into the "the President has limited control" category for this whole paragraph.

The truth is that if Trump was following Biden instead of the other way around, y'all would be trumpeting the recent stock market gains, low unemployment and robust GDP growth. The only place where I'm really pissed at Biden is the border. Waiting until now to take it seriously was a major mistake. Other than that....the GOP bluster is all BS and propaganda. Now....the abortion debate? Oof. Now that's a complicated mess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT