ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs WSU game thread

I guess I will start my response with three famous quotes, all of which are true:
1, Robert Gates- Joe Biden has been wrong on every major foreign policy issue during his career.
2. Barry Obama- Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to **** things up!
3. Stretch- The president always gets more credit than he deserves when the economy is going well, and he gets more blame than he deserves when the economy is going bad.

That said, there can be no argument that the policies. procedures, executive orders, and administrative bureaucracy's can greatly influence the "economy". Both from a macro perspective as well as individual perspective. So let's look at some of those things. Start with the stock market, specifically the most commonly used Dow Jones Industrials Average. Figures are slightly rounded off, so don't argue about being off by a day or two or 40-50 points.
1/15/2017- 19,700 (Trump takes office)
1/15/2020- 28,500 (3 year mark, just before Covid hit)
3/25/2020- 21,200 (depth of the Covid scare)
1/15/2021- 30,800 (Trump leaves office, Biden takes office)
11/1/2021- 36,300 (Peaks)
10/15/2022- 29,200
1/15/2023- 37,500 (3 year mark to match Trump)
Note that after 3 years under Trump the market went up 56%, after 3 years under Biden the market went up 22%. Can you tell us which one was better?

Unemployment:
Jan 2017- 4.7%
Feb 2020- 3.5% (prior to Covid)
Apr 2020- 14.8% (Peak from Covid)
Jan 2021- 6.4% (Trump leaves office, Joe takes the reins)
Jun 2022- 4.0%
Feb 2024- now running 3.7%, had a low of 3.5%

January 2020 with Trump- Blacks 6.3%, Hispanic 4.3%, White 3.2%, Men 3.5%, women 3.4%
January 2023 with Biden- Blacks 5.3%, Hispanic 5.0%, White 3.4%, Men 3.9%, Women 3.4%
Not much difference there, nothing to really brag about.

Bringing back industries:
Well, I remember Trump doing some things in that area, but not specifics. Think some of it was tied to tax breaks that rewarded bringing back overseas operations. Don't know how much Joe tried to do, but would bet in involved actually giving away taxpayer's money rather than just giving tax credits.

Yes, Joe Biden has been shoveling money and arms and defensive systems to the Ukrainians. It's too bad for us and them that he has been late every step of the way. If we were to be committed to helping them out, it should have started as Putin was moving his assets to the border so they could more easily be repelled, rather than trying to eradicate them after they took over big chunks of the country and spread out all over the place. Joe Biden- wrong again on a major foreign policy issue. BTW, does Ukraine have a very poor reputation for corruption or are they very honest? And is that the country that gave his family millions of dollars? Might that have influenced his decision making?

Inflation:
Under Trump there were 4 months that ran 2.7-2.9, one month that was 2.5, all other months were under that, mostly 1.x annual %.
Biden takes over and it jumps to 2.6% in March 2021, 4.2% in April, and 9.1% in June! Highest rate in over 40 years. He got it down to 3.1 last October, and it was 4.1 in Jan or Feb this year. Biden's policies and spending like a drunken sailor lead directly to the huge jump in inflation, and he and his team were warned by many, many folks that the inflation was bound to happen as a result of all that spending. But they had to go ahead and dole out the money by the billions in their quest to buy votes and voters. That has hurt many millions of Americans, and the ones it hurts the most are the lower income families, the ones that the libs always claim to care so deeply about. (BTW, the lower income quintile under Trump was the quintile that made the biggest gains in REAL income, now they are getting steamrolled under Biden.)

So you want to brag about inflation rate coming down from 9% to 3%, huh. Well, I am going to tell you that that is a stupid thing to do. As I am sure you know, compound interest is a good thing, and financial advisors always tell you to take advantage of it. It makes your money grow faster- Hooray! Well, the the thing that Biden and all his ass kissers like Karin Grey Poopon and apparently you like to ignore, is that there is an inverse to compound interest, and it is compound inflation. In other words, it adds up! It makes little difference that it is now 3-4%, it has been adding up now for three years and those prices will not be coming down for the vast majority of retail items. Yes, they claim that core inflation is "only" about 17%, but when you include the things like housing, fuel, food, utilities that the core CPI excludes, the typical family is struggling to afford things now. They are forced to lower their standard of living because their paychecks have not kept up with real life inflation. More people are being forced to get a second job, to "unretire" to live their daily lives. There are two dangerous warning signs for our economy that don't get play by the administration or the MSM that acts as the propaganda arm of the Democrat party- that is the drop in savings as families raid them to afford daily living, and they also are running up consumer credit debt at an alarming rate. So while a GDP number or unemployment number might look okay on the macro level, there are very disturbing trends that affect the working people of the country.

And BTW, I don't think that inflation index is going to get much better for quite a while as we pay for college debt, health care and schooling and housing and food and, and, and for all of the 10,000,000 illegal aliens that have crossed our border in the past three years.

There is more but it will have to wait as my back is aching and I am tired.

Have a good night, all. Go Cougs!

EDIT to add my sports analogy: When the Cowboys and Redskins play and Dallas is ahead 42-3 after 3 quarters and the Redskins then get a TD and "win" the 4th quarter 7-0, you do NOT applaud the teams effort in the last quarter and crow about how they are on the right direction. But that is exactly what Joe and Ed when they what a good thing it is that inflation has come down from 9% to 3%. They still effed everything up for the first 3 quarters and game as a whole was a disaster. Same as the inflation issue.

Good night......
How about you just pass on the "there is more". In college I had Statistics 215. A good class, my section was actually taught by an English-speaking American. Part of the class was on this book "How to lie with Statistics". Great book, learned a lot.

So you can reel out all the real or contrived statistics that you want for either side. For instance, using your Dow Jones methodology applied to the S&P 500? Trump 3 year - 42%. Biden? 50% Actual $ increases? Trump $947. Biden? $1,620. Important distinction. If you had $2,278 when Trump took office, after 3 years you would have $947 more. Biden after 3 years? $1,620 more. Moral? Be careful when you throw around %'s as a measure.

And Congress appropriates defense spending, not the President. Ukraine as well, which the R's in Congress are holding up. Same with Immigration reform. At Trump's behest.

So give it a rest Stretch. You have made your point multiple times. You are starting to resemble another poster. Did you know that Argentina is a great guy? And that the Taliban leader calls Trump "Your Highness"? I found out both this weekend listening to Trump talk.

I don't think I have ever heard anything from Trump except personal attacks and self-aggrandizement. Certainly not much in the way of policy or solutions, other than Mexico paying for his border wall, and Russia can do whatever the hell they want to NATO countries. And grabbing pussies "because he can".

I'll just follow up by saying that although inflation sucks and I know that over-stimulus contributed to inflation problems...the fact that there was inflation around the world suggests that the inflation might have been a global thing as much as anything else.

Much like gas prices are rarely dependent on who's sitting in the oval office...sometimes things can't be controlled. Contrary to what liberals will tell you...COVID and its impacts are not Trump's fault. Many of the impacts are not Biden's fault. When factories shut down around the world and disrupted supply chains...nobody was going to avoid that....even the Orange one. The botched response on respirators and masks during COVID tells you all that you need to know about how much the Cheeto-in-Chief could influence things.

I find it funny that our stale economy under Obama's last three years produced more jobs than Trump's first three years....before COVID torpedoed the whole damn thing. Trump used to brag that we'd have 4% GDP growth when he was President and we never saw 3% growth. It jumped 6% during the COVID recovery when Biden was President. A lot of that falls into the "the President has limited control" category for this whole paragraph.

The truth is that if Trump was following Biden instead of the other way around, y'all would be trumpeting the recent stock market gains, low unemployment and robust GDP growth. The only place where I'm really pissed at Biden is the border. Waiting until now to take it seriously was a major mistake. Other than that....the GOP bluster is all BS and propaganda. Now....the abortion debate? Oof. Now that's a complicated mess.
If the current bill had been proposed during the last congress, I wonder who would have torpedoed it. Sinema/Manchin or a progressive. With a 50/50 split it would have been tough.

Biden did try some things on the border and the Supreme Council shot him down.

How about you just pass on the "there is more". In college I had Statistics 215. A good class, my section was actually taught by an English-speaking American. Part of the class was on this book "How to lie with Statistics". Great book, learned a lot.

So you can reel out all the real or contrived statistics that you want for either side. For instance, using your Dow Jones methodology applied to the S&P 500? Trump 3 year - 42%. Biden? 50% Actual $ increases? Trump $947. Biden? $1,620. Important distinction. If you had $2,278 when Trump took office, after 3 years you would have $947 more. Biden after 3 years? $1,620 more. Moral? Be careful when you throw around %'s as a measure.

And Congress appropriates defense spending, not the President. Ukraine as well, which the R's in Congress are holding up. Same with Immigration reform. At Trump's behest.

So give it a rest Stretch. You have made your point multiple times. You are starting to resemble another poster. Did you know that Argentina is a great guy? And that the Taliban leader calls Trump "Your Highness"? I found out both this weekend listening to Trump talk.

I don't think I have ever heard anything from Trump except personal attacks and self-aggrandizement. Certainly not much in the way of policy or solutions, other than Mexico paying for his border wall, and Russia can do whatever the hell they want to NATO countries. And grabbing pussies "because he can".
LC, I am sure that you are quite familiar with that old saying about there being "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics". So are you using Lies or Damn Lies? From Macrotrends.net, S&P 500 Index Values:

Jan 2017- 2894
Jan 2020- 3858
Numerical increase=964
Percentage increase=33%

Jan 2021- 4379
Jan 2024- 4845
Numerical increase=466
Percentage increase=10.6%

How in the world did you come up with 42% and 50%. Got any backup? Pull those numbers out of your butt or what?

BTW, even with the covid effects, the index was up by 51% by the end of Trump's term. In order to match that increase, the index will have to rise from 5137 today to 6612 by January. Do you think it will make it? I guess it is possible, but I consider that highly unlikely. We shall see, right?

LC, I am sure that you are quite familiar with that old saying about there being "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics". So are you using Lies or Damn Lies? From Macrotrends.net, S&P 500 Index Values:

Jan 2017- 2894
Jan 2020- 3858
Numerical increase=964
Percentage increase=33%

Jan 2021- 4379
Jan 2024- 4845
Numerical increase=466

How in the world did you come up with 42% and 50%. Got any backup? Pull those numbers out of your butt or what?

BTW, even with the covid effects, the index was up by 51% by the end of Trump's term. In order to match that increase, the index will have to rise from 5137 today to 6612 by January. Do you think it will make it? I guess it is possible, but I consider that highly unlikely. We shall see, right?
S&P? Right here buddy (if the link works). Edit - you have to click on "max".

Edit - and Stretch - I looked up your site - and I have no idea why the numbers don't jive with my source. Can't you find some Trump dicksuck site to spew your BS and keep it off of our COUGAR SPORTS Board?

Last edited:
Boy Stretch I was actually kind of rooting for you in this little pissing contest but this last post soured me. Where do I start?
  • Biden is a bumbler? Well yeah - but at least he knows the difference between Haley and Pelosi. Trump's rambling is as bad or worse than Biden's. I guess since he shouts it out it is OK? ****And Biden doesn't know the difference between Gaza and Ukraine. Which is worse?
  • Biden has done incredible damage? Such as what? ****Draining down the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in futile effort to lower gasoline prices. Going all woke and pushing transgenderism, messing up school kids and harming the military's recruitment efforts. Looking weak to the world the was the Afghan withdrawal was effed up. Totally opened the border with a fit over Trump's border policies, allowing criminals and terrorists free access and making our federal deficit even worse with all the ongoing costs that will be spent providing illegal aliens benefits. Etc.
  • Biden displays weakness abroad? Oh like "Russia can do whatever the hell they want to your country if you don't buck up"? Oh and let's snuggle up to North Korea? ****Referenced specifically to European countries that are not meeting their NATO funding commitments. A bit of speaking softly to them to get them on board with the contributions. Is that a problem?
  • My retirement accounts are running well ahead of inflation. Only worth 75-80% from 3 years ago? Really? Where are you getting that shit from? I'm not a great investor, but you must be if you have lost 25% after inflation. And as I'm sure you know, President's don't singlehandedly control inflation, the economy, world affairs, or anything else ****I think you are not understanding the point I am making. My investment accounts increased by ~31% under Trump (after removing the funds that were inherited) and so far under Biden they have increased by ~13.5% So my accounts have actually increased under both guys, so that is good, maybe I am not as bad an investor as you make me out to be? My point is this- If you assume that an investor had saved $1,000,000 at the end of Trump's term, and there was still $1,000,000 in that investor's accounts today, that million dollars would only buy about 75-80% of what it would have bought in January of 2021. The worst inflation in 40-50 years would have eroded the purchasing power that much. So, even though the dollar amount remains the same, those dollars are worth a lot less. That is what is killing so many families in the country. Their wages are not keeping up with inflation and those of us on fixed incomes from our pensions are tagged even worse than the working folks.
  • I'm not a big Biden fan at all. But Donald Trump is a horrible and despicable human being and IS personally responsible for inflicting MAJOR damage to this country of ours. His continuing agenda of hate and division has polarized this country. For you and other people that I talk to that ignore all of that and focus on the fact that Biden has lost a step as a reason to prefer a bad, bad person as our leader just slays me **** Hate, really? Are you one of those misguided souls that thinks the border wall is racist? If Trump is such a racist, how do you explain that he was the first president to set up permanent funding for HBCU's and also established the Opportunity Zones to encourage economic development is bad socio-economic areas, which are typically black and hispanic dominated?
  • What is worse? In 4 years we will thankfully be done with both of these guys - unless Trump loses and runs yet again. Then what? Can you name one potential candidate on either side of the aisle that would be a good president? I can't. You can pin a lot of that on Trump ****You are wrong, Grasshopper! Apparently you didn't get the memo that Trump will establish himself as Permanent President and will never leave office until he passes away at 115 years old. Funny thing is he will still be more nimble at 115 than Biden is today! :)
So there. But keeping with my poster amnesia mantra, I will wake up tomorrow and forget all this shit. ****Good plan.

Sorry for splitting the quoted text. I keep forgetting that hitting "Enter" when replying like that creates two boxes. Darn......

S&P? Right here buddy (if the link works). Edit - you have to click on "max".

Edit - and Stretch - I looked up your site - and I have no idea why the numbers don't jive with my source. Can't you find some Trump dicksuck site to spew your BS and keep it off of our COUGAR SPORTS Board?
Don't need to go to Trump dicksuck site, they don't need the education that so many here need!

Weird that the two sources are so different in past years, yet have same number right now. No idea why.

Jan 2017- 2894
Jan 2020- 3858
Numerical increase=964
Percentage increase=33%

Jan 2021- 4379
Jan 2024- 4845
Numerical increase=466

Stop deluding yourself. Pretending that econ factors and a political platform are meaningful in this election is just whistling past the graveyard. The election comes down to one thing. Can you vote for a man willing to pursue a multi-state fake elector scheme and to whip up a mob in, an effort to illegally stay in office? If you can, it doesn't matter if his policies were good or bad, you are "justifying" to yourself voting for a Putin wannabe. Conversely, anyone who says that voting for Biden is something other than an anti-Trump vote, needs psychiatric help.

Stop deluding yourself. Pretending that econ factors and a political platform are meaningful in this election is just whistling past the graveyard. The election comes down to one thing. Can you vote for a man willing to pursue a multi-state fake elector scheme and to whip up a mob in, an effort to illegally stay in office? If you can, it doesn't matter if his policies were good or bad, you are "justifying" to yourself voting for a Putin wannabe. Conversely, anyone who says that voting for Biden is something other than an anti-Trump vote, needs psychiatric help.

I can't, won't vote for Trump. But I won't vote for Biden either. Neither deserve my vote. Neither is the lesser of 2 evils. Neither is acceptable. BOTH WILL FCK UP THE COUNTRY IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

I can't, won't vote for Trump. But I won't vote for Biden either. Neither deserve my vote. Neither is the lesser of 2 evils. Neither is acceptable. BOTH WILL FCK UP THE COUNTRY IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
Well our country has been screwed numerous times. The Iraq War, the mortgage meltdown under Bush. High inflation under Carter. Huge deficit under Trump. Obama and his missteps with Crimea.

We have recovered from those screw ups. Not having a peaceful transfer of power. Having a cult figure who some Christians believe a multiple time adulterer and porn star payer is their savior. That God sent Donald Trump. He has a huge love for dictators and bends at Putin's knee. Yes, Biden could screw things up and Nikki Haley in 2028 would clean those up.

Trump....once that genie gets out of the bottle we aren't ever going to be the same. So one vote is clearly worse than the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSpike76

It's more complicated than just Trump. From the GOP viewpoint, 2024 is about the border, nationalism and white male pride. They long for the good old days when n#ggers and spics knew their place and women understood that they need to defer to men on all important decisions. That mythical era when everyone was "happy" because anyone who was unhappy was ignored. China was a third world country who warranted our pity...not concern. A guy like Trump could grab a woman by the pussy because he knew that deep down...she wanted it.

That said, the liberal establishment has numerous issues and has its own brands of problematic takes on things. That serves to alienate moderates and fuel the rage of the right that is always moving further to the right.

Biden pivoting on the border in an election year is gross politics. It should have happened years ago and even now...he's fighting with Texas about how to control the border.

Handing out money to eliminate school loans for a small part of the population base is kind of insulting. I pay out a lot of money every year in taxes and will have spent well over $100k to send my son and daughter to college....and it kind of pisses me off when he rewards dumbasses who went after crap degrees that can't make a living now.

Liberal fools arguing that we should allow transgender athletes to play in women's sports is a f#cking dumb hill to die on...but here they are.

Whether intentional or not, the liberal end of the agenda tends to provide a lot of support for fringe groups and minorities while telling the rest of America that they should be just grateful about how good things used to be.

All of the above has created a situation where a wannabe autocrat like Trump can thrive. He's willing to yell, "Hell yes, I'll grab a woman by the pussy!" and "F#ck those liberals!" while the rest of the GOP pack look like a bunch of hacks and pretenders in comparison. He projects superiority aggressively and history as shown that it's human nature for people to debase themselves before someone like him. Too often, people toss aside their ethics and morals when a strong authority figure appeals to the base instincts on a few core areas.

I will say that the only reason to vote for Biden is that he isn't Trump....and that's a sad statement about where our country is at.

It's more complicated than just Trump. From the GOP viewpoint, 2024 is about the border, nationalism and white male pride. They long for the good old days when n#ggers and spics knew their place and women understood that they need to defer to men on all important decisions. That mythical era when everyone was "happy" because anyone who was unhappy was ignored. China was a third world country who warranted our pity...not concern. A guy like Trump could grab a woman by the pussy because he knew that deep down...she wanted it.

That said, the liberal establishment has numerous issues and has its own brands of problematic takes on things. That serves to alienate moderates and fuel the rage of the right that is always moving further to the right.

Biden pivoting on the border in an election year is gross politics. It should have happened years ago and even now...he's fighting with Texas about how to control the border.

Handing out money to eliminate school loans for a small part of the population base is kind of insulting. I pay out a lot of money every year in taxes and will have spent well over $100k to send my son and daughter to college....and it kind of pisses me off when he rewards dumbasses who went after crap degrees that can't make a living now.

Liberal fools arguing that we should allow transgender athletes to play in women's sports is a f#cking dumb hill to die on...but here they are.

Whether intentional or not, the liberal end of the agenda tends to provide a lot of support for fringe groups and minorities while telling the rest of America that they should be just grateful about how good things used to be.

All of the above has created a situation where a wannabe autocrat like Trump can thrive. He's willing to yell, "Hell yes, I'll grab a woman by the pussy!" and "F#ck those liberals!" while the rest of the GOP pack look like a bunch of hacks and pretenders in comparison. He projects superiority aggressively and history as shown that it's human nature for people to debase themselves before someone like him. Too often, people toss aside their ethics and morals when a strong authority figure appeals to the base instincts on a few core areas.

I will say that the only reason to vote for Biden is that he isn't Trump....and that's a sad statement about where our country is at.
I wonder if that is what is missed about the good ole days. I have always tried to find out what era we are trying to get back to, and no one has given me the year and why? It is a "marketing campaign".

I can't believe they mean the 30's because of the depression, 40's because of WW2. The 50's with taxes on the wealthy over 50%? 60's Vietnam? 70's and inflation. Oh and the cold war during the 50's,60's, 70's and 80's.

Get back to the 80's? Bad hair, inflation, poor getting poorer.

And compare now...Lulu on women at the gym vs 1980's Olivia Newton John "Lets get physical". Plus many other improvements. Yeah, let's go back to that era.

I think too much MSNBC and Fox News are driving your narrative. It isn't the sausage making that is politics.

Except in a very few places, you can't win a general election by being a nut job. That stuff is for winning "the base" in primaries. And when you win a general election, by securing most of the middle, it is all about securing and maintain power within congress. Once again, nut jobs and ideologs are marginalized.

The job of a politician is to play the electorate to win elections, then play his colleagues to secure as much power as possible. To be a successful politician you need to be a spineless pragmatist.

Haven't you noticed that with the primary in hand, Trump has basically STFU, in preparation of convincing enough people that he isn't as unhinged as his tweets and past acts suggest. But he has an uphill battle, because he actually attempted to subvert democracy, which is what he will be truly campaigning against (his past), not President Altzheimer. That said, Heir Adolf did the same, and won an election (basically), but that took 10 years of Goebbel's image rehab (and a depression).

I think too much MSNBC and Fox News are driving your narrative. It isn't the sausage making that is politics.

Except in a very few places, you can't win a general election by being a nut job. That stuff is for winning "the base" in primaries. And when you win a general election, by securing most of the middle, it is all about securing and maintain power within congress. Once again, nut jobs and ideologs are marginalized.

The job of a politician is to play the electorate to win elections, then play his colleagues to secure as much power as possible. To be a successful politician you need to be a spineless pragmatist.

Haven't you noticed that with the primary in hand, Trump has basically STFU, in preparation of convincing enough people that he isn't as unhinged as his tweets and past acts suggest. But he has an uphill battle, because he actually attempted to subvert democracy, which is what he will be truly campaigning against (his past), not President Altzheimer. That said, Heir Adolf did the same, and won an election (basically), but that took 10 years of Goebbel's image rehab (and a depression).
The only problem is that it only takes a few folks in Wisconsin , Arizona, Pennsylvania and Georgia and that's the difference ... my vote in state of Washington doesn't count.

No question Biden will win the popular vote, it is the electoral college that is problematic .

But if the Supreme court rules a President has immunity, maybe Harris sends back the real electoral votes and puts some fake ones in there ? Or maybe Seal Team Six misinterprets Biden's orders ....

That's the thing....Trump isn't shutting up. If you watch his current speeches, he is more unhinged than ever. Trump voters realize that the dude is a fuggin' lunatic...so they have quit watching him speak and just run with the idea that they aren't going to vote for Biden and everyone else in the GOP sucks too much to vote for them. It's Trump by default at this point and again, as I said above, his staunch supporters love him because he reminds them of the good ol' days. Now...we'll see if he cools down the rhetoric once Haley leaves the race, but so far, he's doubling down on his victimhood and vengeance tour.

That's the thing....Trump isn't shutting up. If you watch his current speeches, he is more unhinged than ever. Trump voters realize that the dude is a fuggin' lunatic...so they have quit watching him speak and just run with the idea that they aren't going to vote for Biden and everyone else in the GOP sucks too much to vote for them. It's Trump by default at this point and again, as I said above, his staunch supporters love him because he reminds them of the good ol' days. Now...we'll see if he cools down the rhetoric once Haley leaves the race, but so far, he's doubling down on his victimhood and vengeance tour.
He is always the victim....

He wont cool off anything

Biden pivoting on the border...sometimes "stuff" has to affect "you" before you will take action. For example, crimein 1980's in S Central...was it really that big of a problem until it hit other areas?

Abbott sending migrants to Denver, Seattle, New York and Chicago showed people and politicians in those cities the stress of the boarder and the need for reform...and that the far left doesn't have the juice it thought and thinks it does and reform is necessary.

This is the only thing you have to consider when you reconcile Biden’s 81 million votes. No it wasn’t because of fraud, millions of people who otherwise wouldn’t have GAF or who, like my parents, lifelong republicans voted for Biden because they hated Trump that much. My parents who never voted for a D candidate in their 50+ years of voting will never vote for a R again because of Trump. And they aren’t alone there’s millions like them. Those are real world examples not some wackadoodle conspiracy which ended with Trump desperately asking on a recorded line to “find” him 12,000 votes.

This is the only thing you have to consider when you reconcile Biden’s 81 million votes. No it wasn’t because of fraud, millions of people who otherwise wouldn’t have GAF or who, like my parents, lifelong republicans voted for Biden because they hated Trump that much. My parents who never voted for a D candidate in their 50+ years of voting will never vote for a R again because of Trump. And they aren’t alone there’s millions like them. Those are real world examples not some wackadoodle conspiracy which ended with Trump desperately asking on a recorded line to “find” him 12,000 votes.
Fake news...alternative facts. He only asked for 11, 780, not 12,000. Way to exaggerate.

Trump cooling down the RHETORIC. HA yeah right. It was Trumps FIERY Rhetoric that caused the Jan 6 riots

It’s Apple Cup week.

Husky trolls invading Cougar fan sports discussion boards… just to make us look bad, is as old as the internet itself.

Here is the BEST of the 2024 Presidential election whomever wins, bye bye, no more you are done no more re-election. Whomever loses bye bye, no more, too old with failing facilities you are done. The only problem is can we survive 4 years of either one?

Reactions: mikalalas
Here is the BEST of the 2024 Presidential election whomever wins, bye bye, no more you are done no more re-election. Whomever loses bye bye, no more, too old with failing facilities you are done. The only problem is can we survive 4 years of either one?

We as a country, people, etc, might technically, theoretically just barely by skin of teeth survive, but semi probably only for about 8 to 12 to 16+ or so more years, and both Trump, OR Biden would, will probably set that in motion.

Lots of people think that the USA is hanging by a very thin single thread of the Constitution, and that the USA will either have a internal fight, similar to the Civil War, to survive, or will temporarily fall, but that the good citizens of America would, will pick up the pieces, and rebuild, redeem the USA.

I also believe that. It's going to be very painful, injuries, lots of people getting tortured, starving, dying, getting murdered, sick, etc, at near apocalyptic levels.

But I have hope, and a belief in the USA, it's constitution, it's people, etc, and have hope, belief in USA, Constitution, people, that they, we will survive, overcome, etc.

Some may call me doom and gloom. Some may call me naive, some might say my hope, belief is a fools hope, belief.

But whatever they say, believe, call me, or think about me or not, I continue to have this hope, and this belief, just the same.

How do you know he is more unhinged than ever? Are you, the guy with the worst TDS around here, actually listening to any of his speeches? Of course you aren't, so you are either just lying or spouting off the KoolAid from the left wing MSM. I know plenty of folks that are conservative, plus some that are liberal, and I don't know anyone that is listening to his speeches. I'm sure that pretty much the only ones listening to his speeches are the people that go to the rallies and some assigned reporters.

Article from realclearpolitics.com today:

How do you know he is more unhinged than ever? Are you, the guy with the worst TDS around here, actually listening to any of his speeches? Of course you aren't, so you are either just lying or spouting off the KoolAid from the left wing MSM. I know plenty of folks that are conservative, plus some that are liberal, and I don't know anyone that is listening to his speeches. I'm sure that pretty much the only ones listening to his speeches are the people that go to the rallies and some assigned reporters.

Article from realclearpolitics.com today:
Who would want to listen to his yelling and lying and rambling? "You know Argentina. He's a great guy. He loves Trump". Let's not even rewind his speech comments where he confused Haley and Pelosi. Wait - let's do rewind it:

Who would want to listen to his yelling and lying and rambling? "You know Argentina. He's a great guy. He loves Trump". Let's not even rewind his speech comments where he confused Haley and Pelosi. Wait - let's do rewind it:

For those keeping score, Joe Biden just confused the head football coach at USC with a coed killed by an illegal.

And that proves what? Then someone comes back and has a video of Biden mistakingly calling someone else by a different name.
This flub happened during the SOTU address, which we all missed because we were watching our Cougs choke. It didn't "just" happen Observer, nor does "someone have a video", alto.

So c'mon, both of you. Flubbing Lincoln Riley for Laken Riley is a bummer, particularly given the tragedy. But he did not confuse them, he simply garbled the name. A bit different than thinking that a country is actually a person who loves him, or the multiple references to Haley (instead of Pelosi) and Jan 6 security, when Haley wasn't even in Washington.

This one is even better. Confuses Obama for Biden (this has happened during multiple speeches), and confuses his wife for a former assistant.

Last edited:
I mean, I could see Brandon, but Obama does shout dementia.
This flub happened during the SOTU address, which we all missed because we were watching our Cougs choke. It didn't "just" happen Observer, nor does "someone have a video", alto.

So c'mon, both of you. Flubbing Lincoln Riley for Laken Riley is a bummer, particularly given the tragedy. But he did not confuse them, he simply garbled the name. A bit different than thinking that a country is actually a person who loves him, or the multiple references to Haley (instead of Pelosi) and Jan 6 security, when Haley wasn't even in Washington.

This one is even better. Confuses Obama for Biden (this has happened during multiple speeches), and confuses his wife for a former assistant.

For those keeping score, Joe Biden just confused the head football coach at USC with a coed killed by an illegal.
Keeping score is an interesting euphemism for a fan base that refuses to acknowledge they got beat. So while scorekeeping doesn’t make much sense in this instance, it’s worth noting that Trump thinks he’s running against Obama.

Keeping score is an interesting euphemism for a fan base that refuses to acknowledge they got beat. So while scorekeeping doesn’t make much sense in this instance, it’s worth noting that Trump thinks he’s running against Obama.
In reality, he probably is.

In reality, he probably is.
Well he thinks "Obama" is going to lead him into WW II. He has a friend name Argentine, and that Nikki Haley did nothing to stop Jan 6. So if we are keeping score about fitness in terms of age, at best it is a toss up for Trump.

But I get some would rather have a guy who not only controls the White House, but congress and the senate to vote against the United States best interest. Need a dictator wanna be to bring us back to the "good ole days".

And for those who think when Trump wins he is only a two term President they are watching and paying attention.

Well he thinks "Obama" is going to lead him into WW II. He has a friend name Argentine, and that Nikki Haley did nothing to stop Jan 6. So if we are keeping score about fitness in terms of age, at best it is a toss up for Trump.

But I get some would rather have a guy who not only controls the White House, but congress and the senate to vote against the United States best interest. Need a dictator wanna be to bring us back to the "good ole days".

And for those who think when Trump wins he is only a two term President they are watching and paying attention.
Yes, Ed, you are correct-we ARE watching and paying attention. And it is completely ridiculous and scare tactics aimed at the uninformed left voters to claim that Trump will not leave office after a second term. Come on, man! The law is quite clear that a president is limited to two terms. That is completely different than legally protesting electoral results, as everyone knows. If you aren't sure about that, you can go ask Stacy Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Christine Gregoire, Al Franken, Al Gore, and the guy running for the House in I think it was Iowa or Indiana.

Yes, Ed, you are correct-we ARE watching and paying attention. And it is completely ridiculous and scare tactics aimed at the uninformed left voters to claim that Trump will not leave office after a second term. Come on, man! The law is quite clear that a president is limited to two terms. That is completely different than legally protesting electoral results, as everyone knows. If you aren't sure about that, you can go ask Stacy Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Christine Gregoire, Al Franken, Al Gore, and the guy running for the House in I think it was Iowa or Indiana.

Oh cmon Stretch, you should know that the PROUD BOYS, THE OATH SOMETHING PEOPLE, CRAZY NEO NAZI WHITE SUPREMACIST THAT COMPRISE THE MINORITY OF TRUMP's BASE, THAT WERE ARMED WITH ANYTHING THAT COULD BE USED AS A WEAPON, WENT INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING, TRIED TO CHASE DOWN PENCE, ETC, THREATENED PENCE, ETC, IF THEY FOUND HIM, DESTROYED CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING PROPERTY, DISRUPTED, INTERFERED, STOPPED THE CERTIFICATION OF THE ELECTION AND OTHER CONGRESSIONAL BUSINESS, THAT RIOTED, THAT HURT POLICE, OTHERS, THAT WERE PICTURED DOING THAT ON NEWS VIDEO FOOTAGE ON LIVE TV THAT I, OTHERS WATCHED THEM POUR INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING, ETC, THAT WERE CONVICTED, ARRESTED, SENTENCED, IMPRISONED, ETC, WERE NOT PROTESTING, AND THAT THE ONLY REASON THEY DID THAT, IS THAT THEY LITERALLY SAID THAT THEY LITERALLY BELIEVED THE ELECTION WAS SUPPOSEDLY BEING STOLEN, EVEN THO THE CONSERVATIVE CONTROLLED SUPREME COURT RULED THAT THE ELECTION WASNT STOLEN, AND YHEY BELIEVED THAT IT WAS STOLEN, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED TRUMP'S FIERY RHETORIC, AND TRUMP SAID THAT FIERY RHETORIC ON SOCIAL MEDIA, TV, ETC, AND TRUMP SAID THAT THE ELECTION HAD BEEN STOLEN, AND TRUMP CALLED ON PEOPLE TO GOTO CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING IN WASHINGTON DC TO STOP IT, AND TO STOP THEM FROM STEALING THE ELECTION, WHICH THEY TOOK LITERALLY TO MEAN THAT THEY SHOULD GO INTO CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING AND LITERALLY STOP THE CERTIFICATION OF THE ELECTION. WHAT THEY DID WAS ILLEGALL AND WHAT TRUMP DID WAS ILLEGAL, INCITED VIOLENCE, ETC.

STOP DEFENDING THEM. YOUR WRONG.

Not understanding the word “claim” here. He’s literally said he wouldn’t leave. He retweeted a tweet that said Trump 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032…..He’s repeatedly praised despots of authoritarian governments. He told his own aides he wouldn’t leave. Not to mention leading an insurrection to try and subvert the results of an election.

If you take what he’s said himself there’s two conclusions you can reasonably come to: He’s either a legitimate threat to democracy OR he’s the world’s worst political comic. Considering he’s booking rallies instead of appearances on Comedy Central or late shows, kinda narrows it down doesn't it.

Oh cmon Stretch, you should know that the PROUD BOYS, THE OATH SOMETHING PEOPLE, CRAZY NEO NAZI WHITE SUPREMACIST THAT COMPRISE THE MINORITY OF TRUMP's BASE, THAT WERE ARMED WITH ANYTHING THAT COULD BE USED AS A WEAPON, WENT INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING, TRIED TO CHASE DOWN PENCE, ETC, THREATENED PENCE, ETC, IF THEY FOUND HIM, DESTROYED CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING PROPERTY, DISRUPTED, INTERFERED, STOPPED THE CERTIFICATION OF THE ELECTION AND OTHER CONGRESSIONAL BUSINESS, THAT RIOTED, THAT HURT POLICE, OTHERS, THAT WERE PICTURED DOING THAT ON NEWS VIDEO FOOTAGE ON LIVE TV THAT I, OTHERS WATCHED THEM POUR INTO THE CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING, ETC, THAT WERE CONVICTED, ARRESTED, SENTENCED, IMPRISONED, ETC, WERE NOT PROTESTING, AND THAT THE ONLY REASON THEY DID THAT, IS THAT THEY LITERALLY SAID THAT THEY LITERALLY BELIEVED THE ELECTION WAS SUPPOSEDLY BEING STOLEN, EVEN THO THE CONSERVATIVE CONTROLLED SUPREME COURT RULED THAT THE ELECTION WASNT STOLEN, AND YHEY BELIEVED THAT IT WAS STOLEN, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED TRUMP'S FIERY RHETORIC, AND TRUMP SAID THAT FIERY RHETORIC ON SOCIAL MEDIA, TV, ETC, AND TRUMP SAID THAT THE ELECTION HAD BEEN STOLEN, AND TRUMP CALLED ON PEOPLE TO GOTO CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING IN WASHINGTON DC TO STOP IT, AND TO STOP THEM FROM STEALING THE ELECTION, WHICH THEY TOOK LITERALLY TO MEAN THAT THEY SHOULD GO INTO CONGRESSIONAL BUILDING AND LITERALLY STOP THE CERTIFICATION OF THE ELECTION. WHAT THEY DID WAS ILLEGALL AND WHAT TRUMP DID WAS ILLEGAL, INCITED VIOLENCE, ETC.

STOP DEFENDING THEM. YOUR WRONG.
Damn Mik, I concur with this sentence, aka post. I think? :)

Not understanding the word “claim” here. He’s literally said he wouldn’t leave. He retweeted a tweet that said Trump 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032…..He’s repeatedly praised despots of authoritarian governments. He told his own aides he wouldn’t leave. Not to mention leading an insurrection to try and subvert the results of an election.

If you take what he’s said himself there’s two conclusions you can reasonably come to: He’s either a legitimate threat to democracy OR he’s the world’s worst political comic. Considering he’s booking rallies instead of appearances on Comedy Central or late shows, kinda narrows it down doesn't it.

For the record, I think Trump is too much of a pussy to actually try to stay in office. He talks tough, but he always hides behind others on everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT