ADVERTISEMENT

UW AD Jen Cohen, on the current state of NIL

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
If Cohen is correct, sounds like the hammer might be coming down. Personally think Texas A&M is being the most egregious in this regard.

“One is that people are still breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools,” UW’s athletic director said Wednesday. “And I think (the NCAA) will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that.

Have you seen Texas A&M’s fan site machine?

The contracts being offered need to see the light of day. You can cry pay for play all you want, you can whine about inducement too, let’s see what the contracts say. How do you win a court battle saying the contracts are pay for play or inducement when the contracts specifically say “media appearances” ?????

This is a business now. The old NCAA is dead.

If the rest of the SEC - namely Alabama - starts putting pressure on the conference or NCAA, I think they'll target A&M. A&M and their recruitment machine is the biggest threat to the other programs. We will see.

If the rest of the SEC - namely Alabama - starts putting pressure on the conference or NCAA, I think they'll target A&M. A&M and their recruitment machine is the biggest threat to the other programs. We will see.

They were ready to roll when everyone else wasn’t. They caught the entire nation flat footed. Arizona caught the Pac 12 flat footed too. We will see what happens this recruiting cycle. LSU, Florida, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida State will all have something for A&M. And don’t forget the 2 schools that put paying players on the map, SMU & Miami, stepping into the ring.

A&M had one shot at this.

If Cohen is correct, sounds like the hammer might be coming down. Personally think Texas A&M is being the most egregious in this regard.

“One is that people are still breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools,” UW’s athletic director said Wednesday. “And I think (the NCAA) will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that.

TAMU will just pay off the NCAA to let them skate by.

Have you seen Texas A&M’s fan site machine?

The contracts being offered need to see the light of day. You can cry pay for play all you want, you can whine about inducement too, let’s see what the contracts say. How do you win a court battle saying the contracts are pay for play or inducement when the contracts specifically say “media appearances” ?????

This is a business now. The old NCAA is dead.
Because you don't get to do business in the US with a wink and a nudge. Just because you didn't directly bribe the officer who pulled you over, wrapping a $100 bill around your license is still offering a bribe.

They were ready to roll when everyone else wasn’t. They caught the entire nation flat footed. Arizona caught the Pac 12 flat footed too. We will see what happens this recruiting cycle. LSU, Florida, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida State will all have something for A&M. And don’t forget the 2 schools that put paying players on the map, SMU & Miami, stepping into the ring.

A&M had one shot at this.
A&M are OGs when it comes to buying players and crazy ass coaching contracts. Jackie Sherrill got stupid money to coach the Aggies in 1982, and the trend was set. It probably would have happened anyway, but that was the big splash that got everyone's attention. The old Southwest Conference was probably more flagrant about cheating than anywhere

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT