ADVERTISEMENT

Walden on Airwaves of Spokane Bashing Leach Coaching

Whitworth-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 31, 2004
Not sure how this Clown Continues to land radio time & in this case his own Saturday morning show.

Just listened to an interview with a Cougfan writer and every question he asked the guest had a negative slant.

Couple of quotes that Walden slipped into the interview:

"I don't know who Coach Leach is, an Indian Chief, a Pirate, or Mr. Air Raid"

"I wish coach Leach woulda put his arm around the Paul Wulff hangovers and love them rather than make them roll around in the sand"

Kudos to Cougfan guest writer to answer with a positive spin & expose Walden's bias takes on Leach & Staff coaching styles.

Walden is graffiti of the mouth in the fragile Coug Fan base of Spokane.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Not sure how this Clown Continues to land radio time & in this case his own Saturday morning show.

Just listened to an interview with a Cougfan writer and every question he asked the guest had a negative slant.

"I wish coach Leach woulda put his arm around the Paul Wulff hangovers and love them rather than make them roll around in the sand"

Kudos to Cougfan guest writer to answer with a positive spin & expose Walden's bias takes on Leach & Staff coaching styles.

Did he really call them hangovers rather than holdovers?

Did he really call them hangovers rather than holdovers?

That's OK. When the previous staff were too hungover to hug their holdovers. Wasn't it Mr Hug your Holdover that claimed there were 17 true Div I players on the 2008' roster. When asked about the quote he says "I was just kidding".

A confident fan base wouldn't give two chits about what Walden thinks.

You're insecurity is showing again, fro

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Walden's and Jim Moore's aren't part of the solution. They were and are part of the problem.

Only WSU would give a HC who coached for 9 years..1 bowl game and a .386 win Pct a microphone and ask him his opinion on the program, and or let him have a megaphone to give his opinion. Why doesn't he go on Iowa state radio and rant about that program...because they don't want him or care what he has to say. Only WSU would be naive enough to let a blowhard like that have airtime.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Walden's and Jim Moore's aren't part of the solution. They were and are part of the problem.

Only WSU would give a HC who coached for 9 years..1 bowl game and a .386 win Pct a microphone and ask him his opinion on the program, and or let him have a megaphone to give his opinion. Why doesn't he go on Iowa state radio and rant about that program...because they don't want him or care what he has to say. Only WSU would be naive enough to let a blowhard like that have airtime.

Truth spoken here.

You don't worry about the WSU fan base. Almost anyone can recall where Walden is coming from and some of us disagree. :p Now, if you were confidant...YOU wouldn't be holding that dolt as a benchmark for success. Now deny that. You're a funny .....man?

Reactions: wulffui
Drunk poasting rules! You go fro.

It's especially cute how you pretend to speak for 'everybody' on... well.. anything

You're being awfully hard on Bill Moos, again, thong.

Everybody knows Moos has never coached college football. It can be proven right from the drop down menu on the top of this page.... just as WSU's last place 4 year aggregate in recruiting can be proven the same way.

Why do some wazzu watch posters hate facts?

Everybody knows Moos has never coached college football. It can be proven right from the drop down menu on the top of this page.... just as WSU's last place 4 year aggregate in recruiting can be proven the same way.

What are these so-called facts that you are talking about? Standing on a corner shouting at the top of your lungs that you are right doesn't make you right.

We all think a person who does that looks like a fool. We all think that you...

You know who you could ask about that?

The guy who said Leach had trouble recruiting against conference mates TCU and West Virginia.

Or the guy who said Jake Rodgers told him he wasn't wanted back at WSU.

Or the guy who insists Bill Moos hired Paul Wulff.

Those guys make stuff up all the time, but they're pretty dim.

The guy who said Leach had trouble recruiting against conference mates TCU and West Virginia.

Or the guy who insists Bill Moos hired Paul Wulff

Who?.....I say ....who? ,,, is that poster?

Or the guy who insists Bill Moos hired Paul Wulff.

Well he(Moos) recommended him then (2008) retained him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when Leach was available back in 2010.

Last edited:
Reactions: chinookpirate
Well he recommended him the retain him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when Leach was available back in 2010.
If Moos had his druthers, he'd have been gone in 2009.

That wasn't a financial reality.

Well he recommended him the retain him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when Leach was available back in 2010.

been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept himeven when Well he recommended him the retain him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has Leach was available back in 2010. Could someone interpret that so I could understand it?

been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept himeven when Well he recommended him the retain him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has Leach was available back in 2010. Could someone interpret that so I could understand it?
Sure....It has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when when Floyd
Sure...Well he(Moos) recommended him then (2008) and then retained him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when Leach was available back in 2010.

Sure....It has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when when Floyd

Sure...Well he(Moos) recommended him then (2008) and then retained him in 2010. He could have fired him then. Matter of fact it has been said times on this board Floyd wanted Wulff gone. So we can say Moos kept him even when Leach was available back in 2010.

This is what happened.

WSU still had to pay Doba money.
"Doba's staff includes longtime assistants Mike Levenseller, plus
Leon Burtnett, Timm Rosenbach, Steve Broussard and George Yarno. It
would cost WSU about $2.8 million to honor the contracts of Doba
and his assistants. Doba's salary of about $500,000 is among the
lowest in the Pac-10"

Nobody wanted Wulff after it was seen how bad the recruiting was and the terrible teams of 2008, and 2009. Nobody but an idiot would have wanted to keep a coach who fielded back to back worst teams in the BCS era... but we didn't have the money to hire an actual competitive coach/pay the rest of another 3 years to Wulff.

So somebody had to go because this was a disaster. Sterk leaves for San Diego and Enter Bill Moos hired in 2010

The Pac-12 didn't exist yet and there was no way to do anything but wait out the disaster of Paul Wulff.. so Bill has to wait this dumpster fire out until...

The Pac-12 is formed and the 3billion contract is secured. in May of 2011 (the last year of Wulff)

Once that was secured Moos went to work on his plan the martin stadium renovation, the football ops building, and a plan for a real coach.

Moos went out and got the plans drawn up the budget in place to talk to the board and after letting Wulff finish up 4th year of poor football with no future. The season ends. Cya Wulff

Wulff is canned and here comes Mike Leach.

That's how it went down. The second we had the money plan in place Moos went to work and Wulff "doing it the right way" was kicked to the curb where he now can brag and boast about his big wins over Japan with Team USA and coaching legend Dan "I can't find a job either" Hawkins.

It had everything to do with money, and once we had the money we booted him out of there.

I often lay awake at night thinking that if the fan base were more confident we'd have two or three national championships by now....

The Mariners pregame pushed me over to 1510, just in time for that segment of hee haw hour. My favorite part was when Walden asked the interviewee something like "What is Cougfan, an Internet, a website?"

Of course Jimbo didn't mention that Leach embraced guys like Bosch, Eklund, Long, Halliday, Bucannon, etc. Guys that don't go hard and end up faxing out letters from the Tulare FedEx Kinkos, not so much.

This is sad. Everyone wanted Paul Wulff to be successful. A former play, the general of our best OL ever. But it didn't work out. In fact, that is a gross understatement. It was an epic coaching failure. When you can't acknowledge that, you have zero cred when talking Cougar football. Is Leach having issues? Yes. But Leach not only put his arm around Wulff's guys he cajoled 6 wins a bunch of kids who had no business wearing a P-12 unifom. Mike Leach can flatout coach.

Reactions: chinookpirate
This is what happened.

WSU still had to pay Doba money.
"Doba's staff includes longtime assistants Mike Levenseller, plus
Leon Burtnett, Timm Rosenbach, Steve Broussard and George Yarno. It
would cost WSU about $2.8 million to honor the contracts of Doba
and his assistants. Doba's salary of about $500,000 is among the
lowest in the Pac-10"

Nobody wanted Wulff after it was seen how bad the recruiting was and the terrible teams of 2008, and 2009. Nobody but an idiot would have wanted to keep a coach who fielded back to back worst teams in the BCS era... but we didn't have the money to hire an actual competitive coach/pay the rest of another 3 years to Wulff.

So somebody had to go because this was a disaster. Sterk leaves for San Diego and Enter Bill Moos hired in 2010

The Pac-12 didn't exist yet and there was no way to do anything but wait out the disaster of Paul Wulff.. so Bill has to wait this dumpster fire out until...

The Pac-12 is formed and the 3billion contract is secured. in May of 2011 (the last year of Wulff)

Once that was secured Moos went to work on his plan the martin stadium renovation, the football ops building, and a plan for a real coach.

Moos went out and got the plans drawn up the budget in place to talk to the board and after letting Wulff finish up 4th year of poor football with no future. The season ends. Cya Wulff

Wulff is canned and here comes Mike Leach.

That's how it went down. The second we had the money plan in place Moos went to work and Wulff "doing it the right way" was kicked to the curb where he now can brag and boast about his big wins over Japan with Team USA and coaching legend Dan "I can't find a job either" Hawkins.

It had everything to do with money, and once we had the money we booted him out of there.
BS....he had the money to hire another coach. A lower budget coach, but a coach none-the-less. He could have hired Jim McIllwaine. And if it is about the money, tell me again the correct strategy? With hold funds from the school? Don't go to games and don't financially support the school so the AD can't make the move?

Moos could have made a change, he stuck with it cause he saw Tuel, Wilson, Long, Buchanon and others. Moos knew the problems that were inherited, he knew of the dismal classes that were had post Rose Bowl. That is how it went down.

BS....he had the money to hire another coach. A lower budget coach, but a coach none-the-less. He could have hired Jim McIllwaine. And if it is about the money, tell me again the correct strategy? With hold funds from the school? Don't go to games and don't financially support the school so the AD can't make the move?

Moos could have made a change, he stuck with it cause he saw Tuel, Wilson, Long, Buchanon and others. Moos knew the problems that were inherited, he knew of the dismal classes that were had post Rose Bowl. That is how it went down.

Moos didn't really have the money until he secured that donation from Rankich, in December of 2011.

Why are we still arguing about this crap? Regardless of the reasons for us, Mike Leach wasn't going to come to WSU in 2011. He was in the middle of a lawsuit with Texas Tech and he wasn't going to jeopardize that by taking a job anywhere. On top of that, the stink of the Adam James mess needed to blow off for a while before anything was going to happen.

These gems appear to come straight from HWGC/nooknuts posts. He's still dancing around that crazy fire in Harrison. It's kind of sad how he went off the deep end and never returned. I'm sure many will welcome Jim back into the fold upon a revival of Cougar football, but like a lot of posters here he's just a sad, bitter man right now.

Last edited:
The Mariners pregame pushed me over to 1510, just in time for that segment of hee haw hour. My favorite part was when Walden asked the interviewee something like "What is Cougfan, an Internet, a website?"

Of course Jimbo didn't mention that Leach embraced guys like Bosch, Eklund, Long, Halliday, Bucannon, etc. Guys that don't go hard and end up faxing out letters from the Tulare FedEx Kinkos, not so much.

Leach's push to instill accountability and hard work likely saved the careers of Bucannon and Cooper.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
What are these so-called facts that you are talking about? Standing on a corner shouting at the top of your lungs that you are right doesn't make you right.

We all think a person who does that looks like a fool. We all think that you...

This corner?
Heydt_42stProphet_1995-Medium.jpg

This is sad. Everyone wanted Paul Wulff to be successful. A former play, the general of our best OL ever. But it didn't work out. In fact, that is a gross understatement. It was an epic coaching failure. When you can't acknowledge that, you have zero cred when talking Cougar football. Is Leach having issues? Yes. But Leach not only put his arm around Wulff's guys he cajoled 6 wins a bunch of kids who had no business wearing a P-12 unifom. Mike Leach can flatout coach.
I think if Walden was from a different time in WU's history his comments probably would be different. There may be stuff he didn't like, and I appreciate his honesty. But from his perspective he watched freshman recruits go through four different head coaches in four different years. For his it is more personal. It is raw because of what he saw. He pleaded with Powers not to leave, even though it gave him his first head coaching opportunity.

But it is no longer the head coaches job to "win the hearts and minds", it is the kids and parent's job to accept the coach and respect that coach.Leach is cowboy tough, and I believe Walden is emotional because it takes him to 75-79. I have zero problem with his comments. I rather a guy have raw and honest emotion that telling me what I want to hear.

Moos is fond of saying he ALWAYS has options and ALWAYS has a short list of coaches locked away in the top left corner of his desk. Moos moved on Wulff when he wanted to. WSU had the money. Moos has his reasons for not wanting to spend it... Just yet.

Maybe Leach was his #1 target all along and Leach wasn't ready yet?? We don't know

I think if Walden was from a different time in WU's history his comments probably would be different. There may be stuff he didn't like, and I appreciate his honesty. But from his perspective he watched freshman recruits go through four different head coaches in four different years. For his it is more personal. It is raw because of what he saw. He pleaded with Powers not to leave, even though it gave him his first head coaching opportunity.

But it is no longer the head coaches job to "win the hearts and minds", it is the kids and parent's job to accept the coach and respect that coach.Leach is cowboy tough, and I believe Walden is emotional because it takes him to 75-79. I have zero problem with his comments. I rather a guy have raw and honest emotion that telling me what I want to hear.
And more power to you on this. I truly don't have a problem with your opinion ed. But I want to give mine, as well. I hate emotional and verbal "vomit". It seems more and more like people use this "honest" thing as an excuse from having control of their mouth and mind. People yammer and yammer, hurt people (or expect them to be so callous that it doesn't hurt anymore) and then put it on, "Hey, I'm just being honest." Seems like Walden does this. Naw. How about you are honest AND think of others? What a concept!

I'm not a fan of this new thing our society has going. I like honest. I don't like PC. There is a middle ground there, that people miss. Gotta either go one extreme or another in today's world, I guess.

In regards to Walden's comments… I truly don't get how he continues to get booked. That's the part that is more confusing than anything else, IMHO. A real reflection of that station, IMHO.

But where I'm going with all of this… He can say whatever he wants but it does start to delve into the whole thing of, If he was a "Coug", at some point shouldn't he be thinking of the program? What do these "outbursts", for lack of a better term, do for the program? So he doesn't like CML. Not everyone does but that doesn't mean you go onto the airwaves, and basically start undermining the program which is the only real thing these kinds of interviews/outbursts have as an outcome. Speak your mind but do whats best for the program, at some point. It isn't always about your feelings. Walden needs to realize this. He needs to start making a decision about what point has he said his peace and now he's there for the program, not expressing his feelings over and over again… year after year. He doesn't have to shake CML's hand at functions, he doesn't have to cheese-n-squeeze beside Moos. But he doesn't have to "be honest" about his feelings, all the time, every time a mic is in front of him… We've heard it, we know it. Not trying to censor him but there's also a time to stop.

Suck it up and do whats right for the program, Walden. We're all Cougs. Move on.

You have ZERO problem, cause you share his views. And LOVE to bash Leach & promote Wulffs work just like Old Hee Haw.
No...just as I don't have a problem with you sharing your views on Wulff. Some of which I disagree with, but I get where they come from.

Do you LOVE to bash Wulff?

hahahahahaha.... he didn't stick with it after 2011. The second he had the cash he booted Wulff and that's the truth. He definitely would have gotten rid of him if he could have in 2010, but there wasn't money. So what did he do. He went out and got some cash, and the Pac-12 TV deal came in and Moos went to work.

He didn't care about "Tuel, Wilson, Long, Buchanon". Buchanon didn't play until 2011. Tuel was always hurt, Wilson showed promise...but 1 receiver? please. Long was also one of those players that had promise, but he didn't care about keeping Wulff because of a few decent players. Moos saw 2 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, and was done with Wulff. That last year was a courtesy year because he was already securing the cash and plans to move forward.

And more power to you on this. I truly don't have a problem with your opinion ed. But I want to give mine, as well. I hate emotional and verbal "vomit". It seems more and more like people use this "honest" thing as an excuse from having control of their mouth and mind. People yammer and yammer, hurt people (or expect them to be so callous that it doesn't hurt anymore) and then put it on, "Hey, I'm just being honest." Seems like Walden does this. Naw. How about you are honest AND think of others? What a concept!

I'm not a fan of this new thing our society has going. I like honest. I don't like PC. There is a middle ground there, that people miss. Gotta either go one extreme or another in today's world, I guess.

In regards to Walden's comments… I truly don't get how he continues to get booked. That's the part that is more confusing than anything else, IMHO. A real reflection of that station, IMHO.

But where I'm going with all of this… He can say whatever he wants but it does start to delve into the whole thing of, If he was a "Coug", at some point shouldn't he be thinking of the program? What do these "outbursts", for lack of a better term, do for the program? So he doesn't like CML. Not everyone does but that doesn't mean you go onto the airwaves, and basically start undermining the program which is the only real thing these kinds of interviews/outbursts have as an outcome. Speak your mind but do whats best for the program, at some point. It isn't always about your feelings. Walden needs to realize this. He needs to start making a decision about what point has he said his peace and now he's there for the program, not expressing his feelings over and over again… year after year. He doesn't have to shake CML's hand at functions, he doesn't have to cheese-n-squeeze beside Moos. But he doesn't have to "be honest" about his feelings, all the time, every time a mic is in front of him… We've heard it, we know it. Not trying to censor him but there's also a time to stop.

Suck it up and do whats right for the program, Walden. We're all Cougs. Move on.
I gotta be honest 95...on one hand you state you want people to be honest, on the other you want whats good for the program. They seem on the other end of the spectrum.

He is booked because he has an opinion. I would rather someone be honest and have an opinion than someone who tells me what I want to hear.

hahahahahaha.... he didn't stick with it after 2011. The second he had the cash he booted Wulff and that's the truth. He definitely would have gotten rid of him if he could have in 2010, but there wasn't money. So what did he do. He went out and got some cash, and the Pac-12 TV deal came in and Moos went to work.

He didn't care about "Tuel, Wilson, Long, Buchanon". Buchanon didn't play until 2011. Tuel was always hurt, Wilson showed promise...but 1 receiver? please. Long was also one of those players that had promise, but he didn't care about keeping Wulff because of a few decent players. Moos saw 2 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, and was done with Wulff. That last year was a courtesy year because he was already securing the cash and plans to move forward.
Buchanon didn't play until 2011? really? I could have sworn I saw him get run by against Locker on a play called back in the Apple Cup. I believe he started as a true freshman.

Moos had the cash to get McIllwane in 2010. He decided not to. If Wulff won 6 games, the UCLA and the Utah game Moos was retaining him. Floyd was willing to move money around. But ignore the fact Moos had a hand in the hiring and retaining Wulff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT