ADVERTISEMENT

WALMART RV TAILGATING QUESTION.....

CPtheCoug

Head Coach
Jan 16, 2014
Have any of you stayed at the Walmart parking lot during football weekends? If so what was the general experience you had? Fun? Boring? Would you do it again? What would you do differently next time?

I'm bringing two friends who have never been to Pullman and based on our total group size it looks like we are going to have to rent an RV.

Does the PULLMAN Walmart management have a problem with BBQ's, fire pits, tents/awnings, etc? Any restrictions to be concerned about? Do we need to call and let them know we are coming in hot or can we just roll on up and park? Also, are there any (funny enough) long time Walmart tailgaters that ALWAYS get the same parking spot each game and would get annoyed if we accidentally took their spots? (I've heard of this happening in the regular tailgate lots near Martin).

Lastly, if any of you have rented an RV before, any recommendations for the Seattle area? Cruise America in Everett seemed like a reasonably priced option.

Thanks for the info Gents!

I've done the RV thing at Wal-Mart twice with no issues. Had BBQ's, but didn't have a legit fire pit, but I don't really see it being an issue. Also used their restrooms without any issues as well.

From what I remember, we didn't call them. We just rolled in and parked. Took a taxi to and from Wal-Mart and campus when we were ready to leave for the game and return from the drunk festivities.

Not sure about frequent tailgaters, but I don't think that would be a problem either.

As for RV rentals, we always rented from the Tri-Cities. We'd drive from Seattle to the Tri-Cities and rent from there. It just made it an easier drive as driving an RV from the West side to Pullman can be a chore.

Have any of you stayed at the Walmart parking lot during football weekends? If so what was the general experience you had? Fun? Boring? Would you do it again? What would you do differently next time?

I'm bringing two friends who have never been to Pullman and based on our total group size it looks like we are going to have to rent an RV.

Does the PULLMAN Walmart management have a problem with BBQ's, fire pits, tents/awnings, etc? Any restrictions to be concerned about? Do we need to call and let them know we are coming in hot or can we just roll on up and park? Also, are there any (funny enough) long time Walmart tailgaters that ALWAYS get the same parking spot each game and would get annoyed if we accidentally took their spots? (I've heard of this happening in the regular tailgate lots near Martin).

Lastly, if any of you have rented an RV before, any recommendations for the Seattle area? Cruise America in Everett seemed like a reasonably priced option.

Thanks for the info Gents!

I would seriously consider driving to Spokane and renting an RV there. Driving it across the entire state would get really expensive, really fast.

1. I have owned RV's and rented RV's. Renting is the ONLY way to go... In my experiences spanning over 30 years.

2. I have rented from 3 different companies and one private party.

3. I will only rent from Tacoma RV. NEW motorhomes, fair prices, EVERYTHING WORKS... like the FURNACE AND HOT WATER heater. the batteries are NEW!... not in need of replacement. There is a Motorhome wash around the corner, or, you can prepay a cleaning/dump fee.

I would seriously consider driving to Spokane and renting an RV there. Driving it across the entire state would get really expensive, really fast.
I would do just the opposite with gas prices sooooo cheap. Check out the trip cost estimator on gasbuddy.com

New motorhomes get 10 mpg easy.

600 miles/10-per@ $2.00 = cheap!

Start Vacation early!!!! Don't be 'that' guy who starts off in a cramped car, then drives out of your way, then adds a 2 hour hassle, then NO GEAR!... because you didn't have room in your Prius when you left Seattle... just to save $12 each?

Not me. Vacation starts the minute we leave the driveway, fully stocked

Load up with all your favorite stuff...

And... Who uses a taxi anymore?

Uber while in Pullman in gamedays

I would do just the opposite with gas prices sooooo cheap. Check out the trip cost estimator on gasbuddy.com

New motorhomes get 10 mpg easy.

600 miles/10-per@ $2.00 = cheap!

Start Vacation early!!!! Don't be 'that' guy who starts off in a cramped car, then drives out of your way, then adds a 2 hour hassle, then NO GEAR!... because you didn't have room in your Prius when you left Seattle... just to save $12 each?

Not me. Vacation starts the minute we leave the driveway, fully stocked

Load up with all your favorite stuff...

And... Who uses a taxi anymore?

Uber while in Pullman in gamedays

You were able to get an Uber in Pullman? I've been to every home game this season and haven't been able to pull one up in the app. It always shows no cars on the map.

Must be timing. I know of 4 cars at least... That will be working the game,before and after.

Part of the UberCougars group. They drive fans over and back with guaranteed rides from Seattle/Tacoma using the "Share" function. I know they're still adding rides/riders/cars for ASU.

Two times I know of are: LV Sea 5:00am Sat. RET: 2 hours after 0:00 on clock, ARR Seattle area @ midnight. Door to Door service. Another time is LV Mercer Island at 5:00 am, Return leaves Pullman Saturday at 10:00 am. Also, door to door service.

Uber X pricing but Cougar Club members ride in an XL car with up to 6 riders sharing cost. Pretty sweet. Found out about it while catching a ride during a game in Pullman.

It's a loose collection of Coug fans who certified as UBER drivers to ensure safe, insured travel to games.

I will try to find a link and post it

Last edited:
Reactions: CougMcLuvin

Funny enough, I ran the numbers and Seattle was still cheaper because of a significant winter discount rate going on. Spokane does not offer that...

Thanks, Chinook. I'd definitely be interested in the ride from Seattle to Pullman and back. It's always nice to just be able to ride and not drive.

Funny enough, I ran the numbers and Seattle was still cheaper because of a significant winter discount rate going on. Spokane does not offer that...

Well there ya go. Like I said, I would consider it, and then probably decide against it once I saw those numbers.

RV is all set and paid for! Probably going to be arriving super late to Walmart Friday night!

Must be timing. I know of 4 cars at least... That will be working the game,before and after.

Part of the UberCougars group. They drive fans over and back with guaranteed rides from Seattle/Tacoma using the "Share" function. I know they're still adding rides/riders/cars for ASU.

Two times I know of are: LV Sea 5:00am Sat. RET: 2 hours after 0:00 on clock, ARR Seattle area @ midnight. Door to Door service. Another time is LV Mercer Island at 5:00 am, Return leaves Pullman Saturday at 10:00 am. Also, door to door service.

Uber X pricing but Cougar Club members ride in an XL car with up to 6 riders sharing cost. Pretty sweet. Found out about it while catching a ride during a game in Pullman.

It's a loose collection of Coug fans who certified as UBER drivers to ensure safe, insured travel to games.

I will try to find a link and post it

Do you have the link?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT