ADVERTISEMENT

Watts and Wells are STAYING

78Chief

Recruit
Feb 19, 2012
Per the article on cougfan, they announced on Instagram last night *after* Riley was officially named the coach, that they are staying and working on Rice to return to WSU. Yaki liked the post naming Riley, so fingers crossed that maybe several of these Cougs will stay home.

Per the article on cougfan, they announced on Instagram last night *after* Riley was officially named the coach, that they are staying and working on Rice to return to WSU. Yaki liked the post naming Riley, so fingers crossed that maybe several of these Cougs will stay home.
Spencer Mahoney, Parker Gerrits and AJ LeBeau are also coming back.

That's SHOCKING. Figured Wells, Watts would leave after the FCKED up coach search, and that Watts, Wells, Jaki, would like Henderson more, and would be PISSED, that Shaw, Henderson, not hired, and that they would be PISSED, semi embarrassed by the Logie incident.

If a little NIL is offered Watts, Wells, Rice, Jaki, and if Rice, Jaki, a couple, few, some others, return, and if Riley isn't a Paul Wulf of Bball, that would be a huge miracle, and would clean up WSU's, Schultz's, AD'S coaching search MESS, and WSU would win 16,17,18,19,20,21 games.

But that's a lot of IF's.

That's SHOCKING. Figured Wells, Watts would leave after the FCKED up coach search, and that Watts, Wells, Jaki, would like Henderson more, and would be PISSED, that Shaw, Henderson, not hired, and that they would be PISSED, semi embarrassed by the Logie incident.

If a little NIL is offered Watts, Wells, Rice, Jaki, and if Rice, Jaki, a couple, few, some others, return, and if Riley isn't a Paul Wulf of Bball, that would be a huge miracle, and would clean up WSU's, Schultz's, AD'S coaching search MESS, and WSU would win 16,17,18,19,20,21 games.

FYI, I know you were upset about the speed of the hire. But Riley accepted 8 days after Smith left. That is actually very fast under normal circumstances. Then, when you consider that the guy that was supposed to do the hiring left a day later to the uw, that set any hiring back. Plus, whatever occurred regarding Logie, that was another day. This hire was about as fast as a hire could be.

Nothing personal Mik buddy, but I hope you end up eating a few bites of crow on your previous "doom-and-gloom" posts 😉

If WSU's roster stays intact and Riley brings along some reinforcements from his 21-win team in Cheney, a top 3 finish in the WCAC seems well within reach

Reactions: Coug90

Agree. If I were Kyle Smith Wells would be my top priority. He is an NBA shooter. If we keep him alone it’s enough to build around. And Watts is the on-court leader you need. Hopefully Ryan can re-recruit some of these other kids that hit the portal. Chinyelu is vital in the front court.

Agree. If I were Kyle Smith Wells would be my top priority. He is an NBA shooter. If we keep him alone it’s enough to build around. And Watts is the on-court leader you need. Hopefully Ryan can re-recruit some of these other kids that hit the portal. Chinyelu is vital in the front court.
Good start with Watts and sounds like with Wells. Seems like Riley's 5-out offense would need to adjust for Cluff and Chinyelu to come back. Would hope Riley does adjust just like Smith has over his time in Pullman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT