ADVERTISEMENT

Way too soon, not drunk but probably overly emotional post game... rant?

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
  • Still not bitching about 9-3, but in retrospect its a pretty hollow record. Lost inexplicably to two of the worst teams in conference and once to a good team, but all three times were humiliated on both sides of the ball.
  • I'm no longer buying into the "its just another game" mantra. Bullsh!t. Its the biggest game of any of those players careers. Leach is operating under the false presumption that he has players that have been there and done that; they haven't. Not only that, but they are inferior talent-wise to most of the competition; it would do them good to get up and play with emotion. Watching the team walk around like they couldn't give a sh!t that they were getting their asses handed to them during not only the AC, but the biggest game of the year/ career was maddening. It bordered on looking like they had quit/ were disinterested.
  • On the flip side of the "its just another game", there is no shame or anger after getting your ass whooped, because... well, its just another game. Again, bs. How can we expect the players to care when they are brainwashed not to?
  • Tacking on to the "having inferior talent" point - I'm not sure it makes sense to just go out and run your gameplan come hell or high water and NOT scheme for your opposition, ESPECIALLY with (our) inferior talent. UW with their superior talent gameplan against us and its obvious; they absolutely destroy us year after year. Everything that we had done effectively on defense was rendered ineffective - that is coaching. Mata'afa didn't suddenly decide not to play during the AC. Luvu didn't take the day off. (They were being held like crazy as well, but I digress).
  • Its always disappointing to lose the AC, but this has gotten to be fcking idiotic. That is all on that point.
  • Leach keeping Falk in to spite him is the worst thing he has done for this team since his senseless time management tricks in his early years. Not only is he not playing to win, he's demoralizing the rest of the team.
  • THAT being said, losing whats-his-name inside WR coach is obviously having an impact. These are the worst blocking WRs I've seen since CML's first year or two. In addition, they are horrible at getting open against the dime. Can't count the times I saw them run directly into coverage and just stop, seemingly shrugging their shoulders like "whelp, I tried", meanwhile Falk is extending the play expecting someone to find the empty spot on the field. TH can't fix that. WR group needs to roll until next spring, imho.
  • Can't say I'm overly optimistic for the bowl game, considering past and recent history. Opposing team need only to drop 8 on defense and score 14pts and its a guaranteed victory. That's not even considering HM is out for the first half of the game.
  • I hope they get the Sun Bowl. That sh!tty bowl, sh!tty city, and the Cougs equally sh!tty offense deserve each other. (I may regret typing that tomorrow... I'll let you know. Still pretty raw over the loss, though.)

Last edited:
Best thing for this team is to get pushed into a shit bowl like the New Mexico or Vegas and manage to roll a worse team on national TV. Falk is hot garbage right now. If Leach was true to his principal Hillinski shoulda have played almost all this game no matter the Olines impact on Falk.

Best thing for this team is to get pushed into a shit bowl like the New Mexico or Vegas and manage to roll a worse team on national TV. Falk is hot garbage right now. If Leach was true to his principal Hillinski shoulda have played almost all this game no matter the Olines impact on Falk.

I don't think this team has the backbone to win another game. I really feel that between the "we feel no emotion" mantra and watching Sean Mannion 2.0 go out and piddle down both legs the team is mentally checked out of this season.

I don't think this team has the backbone to win another game. I really feel that between the "we feel no emotion" mantra and watching Sean Mannion 2.0 go out and piddle down both legs the team is mentally checked out of this season.

Leadership matters. Fiery kids and coaches matter. The Braveheart speech before the game matters. Pride matters.

I haven't seen it in years at WSU. No Jason Gesser. No Billy Newman.

Reactions: PatBaum
Leadership matters. Fiery kids and coaches matter. The Braveheart speech before the game matters. Pride matters.

I haven't seen it in years at WSU. No Jason Gesser. No Billy Newman.

Nah. Kids are robots. All Leach has to do is poka-yoke the team to eliminate mistakes, 6 step their way to efficiency and adhere to the tenets of Kaizen and they'll be fine. Emotion is for losers.... obviously.

What's interesting is that every year like clockwork, here comes the round of Cougar greats to speak to the freshman and the team about what this Apple Cup (Crapple Cup) means. What the rivalry, (what rivalry?) means.
So every year Jack Thompson, Drew Bledsoe, Jason Gesser, Alex Brink, Jed Collins, Mark Rypian come to the locker room, or wherever and talk about the importance of this game. Guess what? It's not working.

Forget all of this crap. Kids are playing too tight, when they should play loose. Whatever they're doing now, its not working. It's time to have a new approach, for next years AC. Stop doing whatever the staff is doing, or it will be 6 in row, where we don't show up in the AC.

No points in the 1st quarter under Leach's tenure.

Last edited:
What's interesting is that every year like clockwork, here comes the round of Cougar greats to speak to the freshman and the team about what this Apple Cup (Crapple Cup) means. What the rivalry, (what rivalry?) means.
So ever year Jack Thompson, Drew Bledsoe, Jason Gesser, Alex Brink, Jed Collins, Mark Rypian come to the locker room, or wherever and talk about the importance of this game. Guess what? It's not working.

Forget all of this crap. Kids are playing too tight, when they should play loose. Whatever they're doing now, its not working. It's time to have a new approach, for next years AC. Stop doing whatever the staff is doing, or it will be 6 in row, where we don't show up in the AC.

No points in the 1st quarter under Leach's tenure.
Its interesting to note that during Leach's first couple of years, not scoring in the 1st quarter was the glaring deficiency in the offense. I can't help but wonder if its a symptom of something bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT