ADVERTISEMENT

We should cancel all scheduled so called Apple Cups

I wish it had been cancelled, and will not attend in protest, this is the last year the Cougs have a slim chance of winning, after this it only gets worse each year. Bunch of out of touch alumni wanted to keep it going, that probably had something to do with it. On the other hand, if the budget is at tight as it seems, we might have to whore ourselves out once a year for the money. If we all step up an contribute under the condition the AC gets cancelled, it might work if we can come up with more money than the AC brings in.

I wish it had been cancelled, and will not attend in protest, this is the last year the Cougs have a slim chance of winning, after this it only gets worse each year. Bunch of out of touch alumni wanted to keep it going, that probably had something to do with it. On the other hand, if the budget is at tight as it seems, we might have to whore ourselves out once a year for the money. If we all step up an contribute under the condition the AC gets cancelled, it might work if we can come up with more money than the AC brings in.
If we need to play body bag games, schedule road trips to Alabama, Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, etc. Not this crap sandwich.

If we need to play body bag games, schedule road trips to Alabama, Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, etc. Not this crap sandwich.
Agreed, but one minor draw back, we'll never get a home and home with any of those schools, but we'd make more off the road games.

I wish it had been cancelled, and will not attend in protest, this is the last year the Cougs have a slim chance of winning, after this it only gets worse each year. Bunch of out of touch alumni wanted to keep it going, that probably had something to do with it. On the other hand, if the budget is at tight as it seems, we might have to whore ourselves out once a year for the money. If we all step up a contribute under the condition the AC gets cancelled, it might work if we can come up with more money than the AC brings in.
I actually think we’ve got a decent shot to beat them this year now. This will be a massive rebuild with all of the guys they lost, and they will be lucky to be a .500 team. We didn’t really get decimated by the portal either.

Going forward who knows what it looks like for us, but they are going to be middle of the road in the b10 at best

Instead of showing up to play at Lumen on the "neutral" site, the football team should bus over to Seattle, drop doo-doos on UW's logo midfield, and then drive back to Pullman, middle fingers in the air.

Instead of showing up to play at Lumen on the "neutral" site, the football team should bus over to Seattle, drop doo-doos on UW's logo midfield, and then drive back to Pullman, middle fingers in the air.
In reality the doo doos at midfield would only be about 200 yards from the doo doos all over the sidewalk. Don’t step in it Pat.

Reactions: dgibbons
I think we should play the game, pocket the revenue, and STFU about it. Our schedule is mediocre enough as it is. At least playing UW gets our casual fans to tune in and/or attend.

I get the sentiment, but as a sales and marketing guy, I guess I'm looking at it from a different position. This year we have local games vs. Texas Tech, UW, and at Oregon State. The schedule would be painfully bad if UW wasn't on it. In 2025, our home schedule has Idaho, Boise State, SDSU, UW, Fresno State, and Oregon State. That's a damn good schedule.

Now, I'm totally in favor of looking ahead and backfilling our schedule to the point where dropping the Apple Cup series after this 5-year deal expires makes sense, but right now, we need the game to maintain some passionate fan hatred during these uncertain times.

I think we should play the game, pocket the revenue, and STFU about it. Our schedule is mediocre enough as it is. At least playing UW gets our casual fans to tune in and/or attend.

I get the sentiment, but as a sales and marketing guy, I guess I'm looking at it from a different position. This year we have local games vs. Texas Tech, UW, and at Oregon State. The schedule would be painfully bad if UW wasn't on it. In 2025, our home schedule has Idaho, Boise State, SDSU, UW, Fresno State, and Oregon State. That's a damn good schedule.

Now, I'm totally in favor of looking ahead and backfilling our schedule to the point where dropping the Apple Cup series after this 5-year deal expires makes sense, but right now, we need the game to maintain some passionate fan hatred during these uncertain times.
Also as a person with a background in sales/marketing, keeping the game ain't selling me.

The schedule is always going to be a problem moving forward, with or without UW. Might as well move forward with some dignity. WSU should have some self-respect, whatever is left of it.

I wouldn't assume the 2024 MWC away games flip to home games in 2025. SDSU was already scheduled to come to Pullman. I'd strongly prefer a game @UNLV or @UNR.

As long as we get paid upfront.
What happens if WSU shows up, elects to receive, the game kicks off, and then after the kickoff the entire team walks off the field? I still think the game officially happens and you get paid?

What happens if WSU shows up, elects to receive, the game kicks off, and then after the kickoff the entire team walks off the field? I still think the game officially happens and you get paid?
Correct. This is basically how I remember 2008.

Reactions: 79COUG
I wouldn't assume the 2024 MWC away games flip to home games in 2025. SDSU was already scheduled to come to Pullman. I'd strongly prefer a game @UNLV or @UNR.

WSU isn't going to accommodate your degenerate gambling habit.

Sure. Would be scored as a forfeit I imagine. Plenty of time to drop the doo doos a little ways north.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
Also as a person with a background in sales/marketing, keeping the game ain't selling me.

The schedule is always going to be a problem moving forward, with or without UW. Might as well move forward with some dignity. WSU should have some self-respect, whatever is left of it.
I don't disagree with you, but cancelling the series at this point makes us look scorned, not dignified.

I'm too old for girlfriends, and too married.
What? Yeah, too married is a good reason for no girlfriends, but too old? Has the old schlong run out of steam? Need the little blue pill? I don't, and I think I'm 10 years older than you. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT