ADVERTISEMENT

When coaches lose a locker room....I think you get this

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Rumors on other board that Cam and other players have "packed it in" and are openly talking about leaving.

No way you can have a team that wants to win when leaders are talking about leaving.

Rumors on other board that Cam and other players have "packed it in" and are openly talking about leaving.

No way you can have a team that wants to win when leaders are talking about leaving.
First, who's to say whether that is true or false. Second, guys start talking about transferring during fall camp. DT Sheffield made it like two whole games, and he was playing quite a bit. Third, think about the timing. You're saying that Dickert "lost the locker room" during the bye, when WSU was 4-0?

Ok, Which board? Not Brand Y. Not Brand X unless it is happening on their Premium message board. And the players are playing like shit. It's the coaches' fault that they are missing arm tackles? But they are packing it in? Well, Bye.

There's probably some truth to that, but the biggest issue we're dealing with is a talent shortage.

Our offensive and interior defensive lines have to be the worst in the conference. Our LB play can't be rated much better. We have absolutely no speed at RB.

The UCLA and Arizona State games were winnable contests. Arizona was significantly faster that us. Wisconsin and Oregon State weren't faster, and we mitigated their advantage up front by jumping on them early. By the 4th quarter, they were the better team.

There's probably some truth to that, but the biggest issue we're dealing with is a talent shortage.

Our offensive and interior defensive lines have to be the worst in the conference. Our LB play can't be rated much better. We have absolutely no speed at RB.

The UCLA and Arizona State games were winnable contests. Arizona was significantly faster that us. Wisconsin and Oregon State weren't faster, and we mitigated their advantage up front by jumping on them early. By the 4th quarter, they were the better team.
IMO, Schlenbaker showed enough to ask why wasn't he playing more?

Yea. Probably just because he's #3 on the chart and we barely run as it is. I would suspect that his blocking is the main issue.
Good luck blocking blitzers when they are jumping the cadence as well as ASU was. Nobody has a chance when that’s happening.

Reactions: Cougini5591
First, who's to say whether that is true or false. Second, guys start talking about transferring during fall camp. DT Sheffield made it like two whole games, and he was playing quite a bit. Third, think about the timing. You're saying that Dickert "lost the locker room" during the bye, when WSU was 4-0?
Nope. I am saying that after the UCLA loss, and likely more so after the UA game, these guys just aren't playing with the same level of intensity they did the first 4 games. I don't fault Dickert, I do fault the guys in the locker room if they aren't bought in. There's obviously more to the Jenkins dismissal but it feels like we have some kids that aren't fully bought in and maybe we are seeing some of that. Or maybe Jenkins was a ringleader in that discussion....whatever, we just aren't playing up to our capabilities.

I don’t think we need to see the rumors, it’s pretty clear on the field that most of the team isn’t trying very hard.

Cam isn’t in a good spot to jump again. Pretty sure he’d have to go down to FCS.

Not that that would make much difference to him at this point. After the last 4 weeks, can’t imagine that any NFL scouts are looking his way anymore.

I don’t think we need to see the rumors, it’s pretty clear on the field that most of the team isn’t trying very hard.

Cam isn’t in a good spot to jump again. Pretty sure he’d have to go down to FCS.

Not that that would make much difference to him at this point. After the last 4 weeks, can’t imagine that any NFL scouts are looking his way anymore.
If Cam graduates he’s eligible to transfer anywhere. He’s been in college 4 years.

If Cam graduates he’s eligible to transfer anywhere. He’s been in college 4 years.
I don’t think that was in dispute. Where’s he gonna go where he’s upgrading his situation and guaranteed to start. He could very well end up getting Gubrud’d. Or does he just go to another G5 that runs his offense and try and throw for a million yards amd get in that way.

I don’t think that was in dispute. Where’s he gonna go where he’s upgrading his situation and guaranteed to start. He could very well end up getting Gubrud’d. Or does he just go to another G5 that runs his offense and try and throw for a million yards amd get in that way.
“Cam isn’t in a good spot to jump again. Pretty sure he’d have to go down to FCS.”

I thought he meant FCS was his only choice eligibility wise….
Regardless, He’ll have plenty of P4 suitors if he wants to transfer who will pay him more NIL then WSU. You’re right, he may get Gubrud’d but big budget schools with an open job will take a chance. And coaches all think they can correct any blemish his game has whether they can or not.

And if you forgot about the Az and UCLA games, he’s played pretty well in the other 6.

Who in your opinion is not playing hard? I don't disagree, but want to know what others think.

Who is playing hard but is not experienced or talented (yet)?

This is egregious. The hero worshipping boot licker will not tolerate this!

The portal is there so they should leave, I’m tired of players acting like children..MFrs are men now so start acting like it. I deal with the same stuff at work, I don’t make enough I can make more over there. I told the guy I’m not stopping you. Corp won’t fire him but I wish I could. Just sick of whining people, complaining about everything.

Rumors are rumors. What matters is what the team decides to do on the field. This weekend will be a good test.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT