ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you live in Pullman? Would you do it differently?

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
I lived in Pullman all 4 years, main campus.

Freshman & Sophomore: Waller Hall. I understand this closed down for a time, but has maybe opened back up? I graduated a long time ago but still keep in touch with a lot of guys, making this a very rare and special time in my life. One of my best memories was working the desk in the office when an elderly African-American gentleman came by who said he was a Waller alum and a veteran (not sure if WWII or Korea, or what the policy even was back then...). I wasn't supposed to let any strangers in but figured it was worth bending the rules to give this guy a blast from the past, which he thoroughly enjoyed. He hadn't been back in decades.

Junior & Senior: off campus in a shared house; on Illinois St between Monroe & B Street. Other than the uphill (workout + seasonal snow/ice), it was a great place to be for access to bars and the restaurants/shops on Grand, not to mention Stadium. Would have been better if my room weren't under the kitchen of girls who wore heels and hosted blowout parties 4x/week.

Like many, I was offered to rush but, when I was in my late teens, wasn't a big drinker (that happened midway through college). No regrets, and the whole experience will remain one of my most memorable in my life.

I lived in Pine Ridge, Providence Court, Emerald Downs, the 4 story condos that over look maple valley, and the C st apartments. C st was the best for location, but had the most fun in Providence court - especially during spring fest/games etc. If I had to do it over again I would maybe consider jointing a fraternity just to get the experience. Otherwise anything C st. Would be my choice.

Lived on military hill in a house. It was great. Loved living in Pullman, during the Leaf/ rose bowl years. Having PAC-12 sports at my fingertips was awesome!! Coug wow pan in VV, with Sarah Silvernail taking down no1 Stanford in Booker, track upclose with Lagat!!! Loved it all !

700 california, across from adams mall. GREAT location for partying... which ended up defining my career in Pullman (unfortunately)

Spent my first semester renting the basement of a house in Moscow. Not bad. House was sold and I moved into an apartment on the hill south-east of Dissmore's. Not a bad walk to campus and reasonably close to the old Rico's. Landlord was a crook and a jerk; wouldn't go back.

Did not see a single football game as Martin's bleachers had burned and all games were at Albi. Between a morning botany lab on Saturday and not knowing when my POS Mercury Comet would quit, decided against unnecessary trips. Did however see lots of Marv Harshman led basketball teams and Bobo Brayton managed baseball games which I enjoyed immensely. Especially liked watching Brayton tear poor refs a new one. Remember Bobo chewing out some poor guy with the finish, "#@&$%, don't tell me what the rule is. I wrote that rule!" Which was true. Bobo was president of the college coaches' organization and when they adjusted the rule book, he had indeed written that rule- what ever it was.

Only at Wazzu for my senior year but loved it. College town culture is great for learning, if that is your inclination, or partying if not.

Go Cougs.

I grew up in Pullman and lived all over. My parent's house was on Military Hill, and the sound from the campus would echo across the valley. We could hear the WSU band practicing every night. As a student I would recommend finding a place on Maiden Way, right below the Greek section. You are about 6 blocks from campus and about 6 blocks from Ricos.

All 4 years in the Phi Delt House on Colorado. Wouldn't change a thing. Made friends for life and learned what beer tasted like......many, many times.

Glad Cougar

I lived in Orton Hall as a freshman. My best friends from college that I still hang around with and go to football games with are folks that I met as a freshman. A lot of great memories from that freshman year.

Sophomore year I lived in an apartment across from Bedrock. One of my roommates was a rugby player who gained 20 lbs that year and started having anger management issues. I still remember he and I wrestling around and he got so furious that I got the upper hand on him that he slammed me through the sheetrock wall trying to get free. It was fun telling the landlord that I slipped taking my shoes off and that's how an ass-shaped hole got knocked in the wall. He later got mad that I beat him at Darts and he threw a steel tipped dart into my leg. Steroids are a bad thing.

Summer after sophomore year I lived in a house off Valley Road with former coug basketball player Dale Reed and a couple other guys. A bunch of the guys from the basketball team would come over and play ping pong and drink beer. I could beat everyone who showed up except David Vik. F#cker was almost 7' tall and ambidextrous. Murderous to play against him. Learned the term "home skillet" from Neil Derrick and was very confused at first. Found out that I look like Tom Cruise to drunk high school girls (seniors!).

Junior year I lived in Campus Commons South. Through a bizarre series of events, I ended up with no roommates and ended up with two sorority girls and a hard partying transfer student. I ended up moving into a different apartment in CCS the next semester because I didn't appreciate the frat dickheads that were banging my roommates eating my food at 2 am and the transfer student washed out after one semester. One of those new roommates was a total douchebag playa who had three girlfriends at once and ended up running up a $500 phone bill in one month. We turned off long distance calling and had to use phone cards after that. Another guy was ok but he got into weight lifting and everything revolved around that. The final guy was slowly going insane after accidentally killing his former roommate in a motorcycle accident and by the end of the semester, it didn't feel safe to be around him. He was f'ing insane and a frickin' blackbelt. Scary dude and I hope he got better.

Lived in Chinook Village for the first half of my senior year after getting away from those guys. One roommate was a pothead and the other was a guy I knew from high school who was so poor that I (poor as hell in college) seemed well off in comparison. I still feel a bit dirty for going out with a chick just to piss him off. I finally got to move in with one of my best friends at Chief Joseph and stayed there the rest of my time at Wazzu. I had tricked a guy into taking my spot at Chinook Village and ironically, he ended up being one of my best friends and moved in with me at Chief Joe after my other roommate graduated. Lots of late nights throwing empty beer bottles into the pond behind Chief Joe and making too much noise on the speakers my roommate had purchased from a movie theater. Sadly, my last roommate died from cancer when he was only 34 years old on the day the Cougs played Michigan in the Rose Bowl. My wife and I had visited him in October of that year and she had commented that she thought something was wrong.

I don't know that I'd do anything different because I had so many great experiences as a Coug in Pullman. If I had a regret, it was not doing a better job of remembering names of people from my time there. I moved to Kansas a year after graduating and technology at the time didn't make it easy to track casual acquaintances. By the time Facebook and other social media had become a thing, I could only remember first names and not last names.

Last edited:
Chip, I was in Waller all 4 years...though I spent a lot of Jr. year at Steptoe and Sr. year at Chinook, since that was where my fiance' lived. The guys on my corridor are all still in contact, and one is my brother in law (I take credit for introducing him to my wife's little sister). Stephenson was our dining hall; good food, but very repetitive. Got really tired of it eventually. My wife lived in McCroskey her first two years, and her food at Duncan Dunn was noticeably better than ours. All of this was disco era, so I'm sure it has changed. A good time.

Reactions: chipdouglas
I lived in Orton Hall as a freshman. My best friends from college that I still hang around with and go to football games with are folks that I met as a freshman. A lot of great memories from that freshman year.

Sophomore year I lived in an apartment across from Bedrock. One of my roommates was a rugby player who gained 20 lbs that year and started having anger management issues. I still remember he and I wrestling around and he got so furious that I got the upper hand on him that he slammed me through the sheetrock wall trying to get free. It was fun telling the landlord that I slipped taking my shoes off and that's how an ass-shaped hole got knocked in the wall. He later got mad that I beat him at Darts and he threw a steel tipped dart into my leg. Steroids are a bad thing.

Summer after sophomore year I lived in a house off Valley Road with former coug basketball player Dale Reed and a couple other guys. A bunch of the guys from the basketball team would come over and play ping pong and drink beer. I could beat everyone who showed up except David Vik. F#cker was almost 7' tall and ambidextrous. Murderous to play against him. Learned the term "home skillet" from Neil Derrick and was very confused at first. Found out that I look like Tom Cruise to drunk high school girls.

Junior year I lived in Campus Commons South. Through a bizarre series of events, I ended up with no roommates and ended up with two sorority girls and a hard partying transfer student. I ended up moving into a different apartment in CCS the next semester because I didn't appreciate the frat dickheads that were banging my roommates eating my food at 2 am and the transfer student washed out after one semester. One of those new roommates was a total douchebag playa who had three girlfriends at once and ended up running up a $500 phone bill in one month. We turned off long distance calling and had to use phone cards after that. Another guy was ok but he got into weight lifting and everything revolved around that. The final guy was slowly going insane after accidentally killing his former roommate in a motorcycle accident and by the end of the semester, it didn't feel safe to be around him. He was f'ing insane and a frickin' blackbelt. Scary dude and I hope he got better.

Lived in Chinook Village for the first half of my senior year after getting away from those guys. One roommate was a pothead and the other was a guy I knew from high school who was so poor that I (poor as hell in college) seemed well off in comparison. I still feel a bit dirty for going out with a chick just to piss him off. I finally got to move in with one of my best friends at Chief Joseph and stayed there the rest of my time at Wazzu. I had tricked a guy into taking my spot at Chinook Village and ironically, he ended up being one of my best friends and moved in with me at Chief Joe after my other roommate graduated. Lots of late nights throwing empty beer bottles into the pond behind Chief Joe and making too much noise on the speakers my roommate had purchased from a movie theater. Sadly, my last roommate died from cancer when he was only 34 years old on the day the Cougs played Michigan in the Rose Bowl. My wife and I had visited him in October of that year and she had commented that she thought something was wrong.

I don't know that I'd do anything different because I had so many great experiences as a Coug in Pullman. If I had a regret, it was not doing a better job of remembering names of people from my time there. I moved to Kansas a year after graduating and technology at the time didn't make it easy to track casual acquaintances. By the time Facebook and other social media had become a thing, I could only remember first names and not last names.
Based on the player names you mentioned, you & I were there at roughly the same time. Didn’t cross paths with Vik & Derrick myself. Had a psych class with Mark Hendrickson, and met Leif Nelson (?) once. I thought I was pretty much in with a girl I’d taken out a few times, then met him in line for a movie she was going to with him. When we shook hands, I think most of my forearm fit into his hand. Not great for my confidence.

I lived in Gannon my first year, and somehow as a freshman got assigned to a floor full of juniors and seniors. Might have been the only one on the floor who wasn’t constantly stoned and wasn’t arrested at least once. The roommate I was assigned moved out in the second week of the semester to live with a HS friend in Stephenson, and through administrative oversight I ended up with a single (while paying for a double) for most of the fall. When I got caught, I ended up with a 30-year old Japanese roommate. He was a smoker and had a habit of cooking some god-awful fish soup in a hot pot in our room. All of my clothes smelled like Camels & cod. Ended up moving down the hall & rooming with a guy that seemed OK until I lived with him. He liked to chew his toenails and spit the “trimmings” on the floor, among other annoying habits. That year was easily my most miserable at WSU, and did not leave me with a desire to return to the dorms, or any fond memories of them.
Sophomore year I got an apartment at Reaney Park, rooming with a friend in the nursing program. Figured maybe there was a chance she’d bring friends over to study and increase my opportunities, but she only brought her boyfriend.

Junior year, found a room with another guy who seemed OK until I lived with him. His parents bought a trailer near Pete’s, and he had an extra room. Or at least he did until his sister came and took it. Then he had an extra few feet of space on the floor in his room for the same price. His sister also had a cat and a poorly tended litter box, and every time I stepped out of the shower it was into spilled cat litter. It took a month to find a new place without a roommate - a basement apartment in a history professor’s house on Military Hill. Gave up on roommates and lived alone the rest of the time I was in Pullman. Stayed in that place through graduation, and I’ve never again had a roommate who wasn’t either a sibling or spouse.

If I could do it all over, I’d petition for exclusion from the freshman live-in rule and skip the dorms completely. And I’d pay the extra money and start living alone right from the start.

Based on the player names you mentioned, you & I were there at roughly the same time. Didn’t cross paths with Vik & Derrick myself. Had a psych class with Mark Hendrickson, and met Leif Nelson (?) once. I thought I was pretty much in with a girl I’d taken out a few times, then met him in line for a movie she was going to with him. When we shook hands, I think most of my forearm fit into his hand. Not great for my confidence.

I lived in Gannon my first year, and somehow as a freshman got assigned to a floor full of juniors and seniors. Might have been the only one on the floor who wasn’t constantly stoned and wasn’t arrested at least once. The roommate I was assigned moved out in the second week of the semester to live with a HS friend in Stephenson, and through administrative oversight I ended up with a single (while paying for a double) for most of the fall. When I got caught, I ended up with a 30-year old Japanese roommate. He was a smoker and had a habit of cooking some god-awful fish soup in a hot pot in our room. All of my clothes smelled like Camels & cod. Ended up moving down the hall & rooming with a guy that seemed OK until I lived with him. He liked to chew his toenails and spit the “trimmings” on the floor, among other annoying habits. That year was easily my most miserable at WSU, and did not leave me with a desire to return to the dorms, or any fond memories of them.
Sophomore year I got an apartment at Reaney Park, rooming with a friend in the nursing program. Figured maybe there was a chance she’d bring friends over to study and increase my opportunities, but she only brought her boyfriend.

Junior year, found a room with another guy who seemed OK until I lived with him. His parents bought a trailer near Pete’s, and he had an extra room. Or at least he did until his sister came and took it. Then he had an extra few feet of space on the floor in his room for the same price. His sister also had a cat and a poorly tended litter box, and every time I stepped out of the shower it was into spilled cat litter. It took a month to find a new place without a roommate - a basement apartment in a history professor’s house on Military Hill. Gave up on roommates and lived alone the rest of the time I was in Pullman. Stayed in that place through graduation, and I’ve never again had a roommate who wasn’t either a sibling or spouse.

If I could do it all over, I’d petition for exclusion from the freshman live-in rule and skip the dorms completely. And I’d pay the extra money and start living alone right from the start.
My freshman year was in Gannon, with a 30 yo Asian roommate also.
Then my junior year through my 2 senior years I lived in an apartment on Maiden Lane.

Lived in my fraternity two years and then in the house at the corner of Colorado and A Street. Yes the same house that would later become the flashpoint for the infamous riots. Spent my last year in a studio apartment in the basement of a professor’s home on Indians street.

Second homes included the Spruce and Rats when I was younger and the Coug and Golden Goose when older. As well as many hours down at the Snake fishing for small mouths.

Wouldn’t change a thing. With the exception of my SC buddy in San Diego, my closest friendships are still those I made in college. I spend a lot of time with several of them every year, dispute living in California and Montana since graduating. And not just in the fall at football games.

Too bad that your dorm experience was bad. I was ready to leave the dorms because a few of the RA's took their job too seriously but I had great experiences as a freshman. Both of my roommates were good (first one moved to an apartment at winter break), I got along great with the folks on my floor and we had a tremendous amount of fun. A lot of alcohol was drank but drug use was pretty limited.

As an married undergrad, we lived in Columbia Village family housing. A few years after graduation, we moved back so my wife could get a doctorate; lived in Columbia Village again. I thought it was great for what it was...cheap rent (2 bedroom was like $400/month) and no need to purchase a parking permit. Only negatives were that the Shermer's Bus wouldn't pick us up in our parking lot (had to walk a block...ouch) and a family of Western Flickers decided to move into our apartment via the hundred holes they pecked in the side of it. But all-in-all, Pullman was a great experience: Undergrad tution was like $1600/semester + books (GI Bill covered most of that) and a few odd jobs (liquor store clerk, SEL drop-line drone) paid the rent.

First Degree : BA Comm

Frosh - Kruegel, 1st floor, epic water fights, bombing the bastards in the back court with condoms filled with water !
Soph - 10th floor, Orton
Junior - 10th floor, Orton
Senior - Stevenson South, 10th or 12th ? floor

GDI for 4 years, **** the greeks ! Dated girls in Regents, always ended up on Observ hill - learned about bras !
Lewiston Clarkston on the weekends, hit on the easy HS girls ! Danced to Paul Revere and Raiders at Casey's !
Arctic Circle for burgers and fries, with their fry sauce !

Second Degree : BS Electrical engineering

4 years - Apt at 1400 Reaney Way, first floor - solo, after 3 years Army, wanted it NO other way !
destroyed pretty much the FE of the Volvo sedan I brought back from Germany - hit a deer going back to Pullman from Spo, dead of nite in the winter, on a snow covered 195 - doing 60, no other traffice and the dam doe came up out of the dark over the plowed snow bank. drove the rest of the way with only parking lights working !
worked at Wilmer Davis dorm dining hall part time. Great way to hit on the ladies !
easy walk to the Ming room. Good times - so lucky ! Almost forgot, **** the greeks !

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
First Degree : BA Comm

Frosh - Kruegel, 1st floor, epic water fights, bombing the bastards in the back court with condoms filled with water !
Soph - 10th floor, Orton
Junior - 10th floor, Orton
Senior - Stevenson South, 10th or 12th ? floor

GDI for 4 years, **** the greeks ! Dated girls in Regents, always ended up on Observ hill - learned about bras !
Lewiston Clarkston on the weekends, hit on the easy HS girls ! Danced to Paul Revere and Raiders at Casey's !
Arctic Circle for burgers and fries, with their fry sauce !

Second Degree : BS Electrical engineering

4 years - Apt at 1400 Reaney Way, first floor - solo, after 3 years Army, wanted it NO other way !
destroyed pretty much the FE of the Volvo sedan I brought back from Germany - hit a deer going back to Pullman from Spo, dead of nite in the winter, on a snow covered 195 - doing 60, no other traffice and the dam doe came up out of the dark over the plowed snow bank. drove the rest of the way with only parking lights working !
worked at Wilmer Davis dorm dining hall part time. Great way to hit on the ladies !
easy walk to the Ming room. Good times - so lucky ! Almost forgot, **** the greeks !
The Arctic Circle became New Garden Chinese right? When did that happen?

What's funny to read is how many abject DUMPS many of us lived in (eg, Stephenson) which nevertheless became hugely special and memorable places. I paid in the $200s for a shared basement off of B, total rat trap money pit, freezing in the winter but didn't want to run up utility $$$, couldn't sleep with partying upstairs... and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I know there are a great many terrible roommates out there but if you never slept so close to your roommate you could almost touch them in their bed (Stephenson, again), you missed something. The kids at the new halls (Olympia is a new-ish one I think) don't know what they're missing; they're going from one luxury to another in life.

One year at Orton Hall, then 3 years at North Campus Heights apartments. To finish in four, I stayed for one summer. The place, (the campus) was an absolute palace. You had the whole campus to yourself. Summer in Pullman was unforgettable, as some of you might relate to that~!

Last edited:
Reactions: SaveFerris
My first year was in Stephenson North. At this time (late 90s), high speed Internet blew everyone's mind, since we all had shitty dial-up at home, so my roommate, like many others, was really into playing video games on the network on his new computer his dad bought him for college. He was obsessed and routinely would be up until 3 or 4am every day playing, and I think he pretty much stopped going to class. That sucked, especially since I had a rough class load -- or, at least, I thought so at the time, lacking any context -- and he was constantly blasting Doom. He flunked out.

Next year, I was in Waller. Good place, good people. Had my own room. It was glorious.

Then I moved off campus my last two years with a bunch of guys I still am friends with.

I worry about this with the current generation. In addition to their smartphones that already kept them occupied, you've now got high school, soon to be college students, that have been sitting in the basement playing video games for months with no sports, activities or social interaction. My own kid barely comes up for food.

I worry about this with the current generation. In addition to their smartphones that already kept them occupied, you've now got high school, soon to be college students, that have been sitting in the basement playing video games for months with no sports, activities or social interaction. My own kid barely comes up for food.

There are plenty of studies showing young brains are being re-wired due to the exposure to video games and phone screen time. Not developing cognitive thinking skills or age-appropriate socialization due to the over-emphasis using certain parts of the brain associated with video games and screens.

One year at Orton Hall, then 3 years at North Campus Heights apartments. To finish in four, I stayed for one summer. The place, (the campus) was an absolute palace. You had the whole campus to yourself. Summer in Pullman was unforgettable, as some of you might relate to that~!
My roomie and I - both living in different time zones now - went back maybe 5-10 years ago in summer. Road trip. We were afraid it would be even deader than Pullman usually is, but we had a blast: everything to ourselves, including the Snake, and everything on campus. Recommend to anyone who's never taken the opportunity.

It's truly gotten so bad. We hosted my 9-year-old niece earlier this year and her nerve/pleasure centers are all burnt out already. We had to cut her off of Netflix because she was on it from sunup to sunrise. Not only that, her mom got her an iPad and she is multi-tasking by browsing the web while watching Netflix, because just one of those things is no longer stimulating enough. And still complained of being bored. Doesn't play sports or do anything outside - it's not interesting enough for her. This is undeniably terrible for physical, emotional, social and intellectual development.

I don't mean to be all "get off my lawn," but growing up, our TV was on for the kids for a few hours Friday night and a few hours Saturday morning, and that was a wrap. Other than that, it was parents watching the 6 o'clock news. No streaming, no pausing, nothing on-demand, no personal phones. Fun was getting on the Huffy and riding bikes around town for about 8 hours a day on a weekend, and we never got bored.

My roomie and I - both living in different time zones now - went back maybe 5-10 years ago in summer. Road trip. We were afraid it would be even deader than Pullman usually is, but we had a blast: everything to ourselves, including the Snake, and everything on campus. Recommend to anyone who's never taken the opportunity.
In my observation, summer's are really the best in Pullman. Guess what I've never done? Of course I've been to the Snake River and Boyer Park....but I've never been to Kamiak Butte~! Absolutely going to do this, maybe next year...spend the day hiking around. I hear the view is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: chipdouglas
Summer's are really the best in Pullman. Guess what I've never done? Of course I've been to the Snake River and Boyer Park....but I've never been to Kamiak Butte~! Absolutely going to do this, maybe next year...spend the day hiking around. I hear the view is amazing.
Summer school was by far my favorite semester.

Reactions: SDCoug
Summer's are really the best in Pullman. Guess what I've never done? Of course I've been to the Snake River and Boyer Park....but I've never been to Kamiak Butte~! Absolutely going to do this, maybe next year...spend the day hiking around. I hear the view is amazing.

Great little hike with great views of the Palouse. Not really a full day kind of thing, but worth doing.

What's funny to read is how many abject DUMPS many of us lived in (eg, Stephenson) which nevertheless became hugely special and memorable places. I paid in the $200s for a shared basement off of B, total rat trap money pit, freezing in the winter but didn't want to run up utility $$$, couldn't sleep with partying upstairs... and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I know there are a great many terrible roommates out there but if you never slept so close to your roommate you could almost touch them in their bed (Stephenson, again), you missed something. The kids at the new halls (Olympia is a new-ish one I think) don't know what they're missing; they're going from one luxury to another in life.

I don't know, man. I would trade trying to sleep with my flunky roommate playing Doom at 4am a few feet away from me for having a nice place on my own. Sometimes stuff just sucks, and it really is better that it's in the past. One would only say "but yeah, that made you a better person having to suffer through that," or "that just made you appreciate getting your own room the next year more" if taking the position that any adversity is beneficial. I could see the arguments for that, but it had some pretty major downsides, and that view disregards the positives that would have come from, e.g., being in Waller ab initio, like actually getting some sleep, hanging around with more people when not sleep-deprived, etc.

Generally, though, I think there is a silver lining to be taken from any situation if it leads to improvement, perspective, gratitude, etc., so we would agree on that.

Freshman year, I lived in Olympia Hall it's opening year
Sophomore year off-campus on Spaulding Street with five buddies
Junior and Senior year shallow apartmentland solo

Didn't rush (wasn't my thing), so a GDI.

Summer session was a blast - did that one term between my junior and senior years. Kick myself for never making a dunes trip.

In my observation, summer's are really the best in Pullman. Guess what I've never done? Of course I've been to the Snake River and Boyer Park....but I've never been to Kamiak Butte~! Absolutely going to do this, maybe next year...spend the day hiking around. I hear the view is amazing.
Yeah, we were all-4-years guys and we had taken cheap day/weekend junkets to Moscow, Steptoe Butte, Kamiak, Lewiston, Spokane, Okanagan and a bunch of other places... but somehow neither of us had ever been in summer. It just doesn't get better: quasi-mediterranean weather, most businesses are still open but light enough that you get it to yourselves, long warm nights. I can't believe we had never done it. We talk about doing it again and someday hope to make that happen

I lived in Pullman all 4 years, main campus.

Freshman & Sophomore: Waller Hall. I understand this closed down for a time, but has maybe opened back up? I graduated a long time ago but still keep in touch with a lot of guys, making this a very rare and special time in my life. One of my best memories was working the desk in the office when an elderly African-American gentleman came by who said he was a Waller alum and a veteran (not sure if WWII or Korea, or what the policy even was back then...). I wasn't supposed to let any strangers in but figured it was worth bending the rules to give this guy a blast from the past, which he thoroughly enjoyed. He hadn't been back in decades.

Junior & Senior: off campus in a shared house; on Illinois St between Monroe & B Street. Other than the uphill (workout + seasonal snow/ice), it was a great place to be for access to bars and the restaurants/shops on Grand, not to mention Stadium. Would have been better if my room weren't under the kitchen of girls who wore heels and hosted blowout parties 4x/week.

Like many, I was offered to rush but, when I was in my late teens, wasn't a big drinker (that happened midway through college). No regrets, and the whole experience will remain one of my most memorable in my life.

I hung out a lot at Biggs girlfriends house when he wasn’t around . Maybe that is why he has so much angst twoard me :)

Freshman year I lived in Orton, second year campus commons, junior and senior year I lived in Chinook . And there was a lot of time spent at various frat happy hours. Wouldn't change a thing.

Senior year I got mono in the fall, I had to drop several classes and spent the summer in Pullman living out at Chief Joe. I will say summer in Pullman is really laid back and a nice summer.

Just received an email from Washington State Parks, that they'll be closing Steptoe Butte in February or March for about 12-16 weeks as they will be doing major road surfacing, parking repairs and safety upgrades.

I indicated on this thread that I've never visited Kamiak Butte. I actually meant Steptoe Butte~! On my list to do, next time we're traveling to Pullman.....which might be in the Spring, (our daughter is a senior in HS).

Anyways....keep this in mind regarding Steptoe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT