ADVERTISEMENT

Where to watch

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
The game supposedly started 10 minutes ago but it's not in any of the normal streams those of us out-of-area Cougs have to resort to. Any luck? I know it's on FS1 but it's not showing up anywhere yet.

The game is tomorrow.
laugh.r191677.gif

Unless you're asking about an SEC game. Then I couldn't tell you.

Doh! Facepalm. It's on tomorrow. We haven't lost yet.

Nice SEC dig though. Give me a call on my cell and let's try to figure out how you could have done better there (reference was a bit forced). While we're on the blower you can also expound on your theory about how 1 extra OOC games turns 4 win teams into 10 win teams.

KTHXBYE!!

It's not how 1 extra non conference game turns 4 win teams into 10 win teams. It's how 1 extra non conference game turns 5 win teams into bowl teams. Which is a great idea. I wish the PAC 12 would do it too.

Post your cell number, I'll call you.

You are spot on Biggs. the Auburn and Rutgers games shouldn't be happening if and until the team is rebuiilt and competitive enough to make bowls every year.I wish Moos had a clue about this.

Originally posted by BiggsCoug:
It's not how 1 extra non conference game turns 4 win teams into 10 win teams. It's how 1 extra non conference game turns 5 win teams into bowl teams. Which is a great idea. I wish the PAC 12 would do it too.

I think you know we're on the same page as far as all conferences SHOULD have to do the same things (same # of OOCs, everyone has conference CG). I think we're also on the same page regarding the minor advantage provided by the extra OOC and the basic unfairness of it. Where we differ is only one of us pretends it is THE difference between conferences--as evidenced by the fact that 4 OOC games has done little for the B10 and the ACC (they are getting rid of #4 in 2016).

Originally posted by chipdouglas:

I think you know we're on the same page as far as all conferences SHOULD have to do the same things (same # of OOCs, everyone has conference CG). I think we're also on the same page regarding the minor advantage provided by the extra OOC and the basic unfairness of it. Where we differ is only one of us pretends it is THE difference between conferences--as evidenced by the fact that 4 OOC games has done little for the B10 and the ACC (they are getting rid of #4 in 2016).
Going to 9 conference games has already shown an obvious effect on the B1G. They are very much NOT a good league this year. The ACC already isn't a very good conference, and when they go to 9 conference games, they will be even weaker. So yeah, when you say having 4 OOC games has done little for those leagues, I strongly disagree. Having that 4th game doesn't bring them up to the level of the SEC or even Pac12, but it does make them appear less crappy.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:
Going to 9 conference games has already shown an obvious effect on the B1G. They are very much NOT a good league this year. The ACC already isn't a very good conference, and when they go to 9 conference games, they will be even weaker. So yeah, when you say having 4 OOC games has done little for those leagues, I strongly disagree. Having that 4th game doesn't bring them up to the level of the SEC or even Pac12, but it does make them appear less crappy.
"Less crappy?" The B1G is a flat out embarrassment this year. The ACC has been a public spectacle for a long time, the notable exception being FSU, who is daring the NCAA to bring down the hammer with their cheating. The 4th OOC game has done VERY little for them. But you're missing the point here... the real issue is NOT that the 4th OOC game does "nothing" for a conference, which is the straw man you're attacking. The real issue here is that Biggs tries to hang his hat on the idea that the 4th OOC game is THE singular, or otherwise THE defining difference that explains the SEC's success (in terms of bowls, total wins, titles, etc.) relative to the rest of college football. I agree with probably everyone here that it helps, as I think all reasonable people would, but I stop short of indulging my d--- envy and saying it is THE reason for the conference success gap.

More posters agree with me and you put words in my mouth? Maybe you should stop????

More posters agree with me and you put words in my mouth? Maybe you should stop????
This site represents maybe 0.000001% of all human sentiment.

2% of Americans believe their country declared its independence from France.

Should I believe those retards too?

"More posters agree with me" is the "my dad could beat up your dad" of football forums. Crazy indeed.

Actually, it's not. You're grasping at straws for reasons to support your claim when others are telling you you're wrong.

You're a sad man.

Chip, Be careful. You will soon get an invite to meet at the field house and find out who the real man is. After a couple of haymakers to the noggin you will declared less of a man who knows nothing about football who simply longs for the days of your hero Paul Wulff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT