ADVERTISEMENT

Where would Minnesota finish

We were able to beat UO, OSU, Cal, Stanford, ASU, UA, and UCLA. Considering how we played against two of the best in the conference....UW & Colorado....and then considering how we played against Minnesota, I'd say they would have finished higher then 6th in the Pac-12, at least this year. They are tough-minded and...I hate to say it....they totally outcoached our staff.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: BiggsCoug
We were able to beat UO, OSU, Cal, Stanford, ASU, UA, and UCLA. Considering how we played against two of the best in the conference....UW & Colorado....and then considering how we played against Minnesota, I'd say they would have finished higher then 6th in the Pac-12, at least this year. They are tough-minded and...I hate to say it....they totally outcoached our staff.

Glad Cougar
I was thinking..UW, Furd, Colorado, Utah, and SC finish higher than them.

Not a knock on them. They may have beaten Utah. So fifth perhaps.

They beat Oregon State by 7 points in the first game of the season. I say they go third behind Trojans and Buffs in the south and second behind the Huskies in the North this year.

Well, I am not sure about the PAC 12, but Minnesota had Penn State beat on the road and pissed away the game. in the final 30 seconds. We also lost to Iowa 7-14 at home and should have won that game as well. Minnesota had Wisconsin on the ropes and then then go rolled in Q4.

This Minnesota team could have been 11-1 and much like Iowa last year, good, but not as good as their record. The other loss at Nebraska was close. There were no blowouts, the defense was deep and tough all year.

With a more consistent QB and better line play it might have been a special year. #23 the RB Brooks is incredible and most think #1 Smith is better.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Well, I am not sure about the PAC 12, but Minnesota had Penn State beat on the road and pissed away the game. in the final 30 seconds. We also lost to Iowa 7-14 at home and should have won that game as well. Minnesota had Wisconsin on the ropes and then then go rolled in Q4.

This Minnesota team could have been 11-1 and much like Iowa last year, good, but not as good as their record. The other loss at Nebraska was close. There were no blowouts, the defense was deep and tough all year.

With a more consistent QB and better line play it might have been a special year. #23 the RB Brooks is incredible and most think #1 Smith is better.

I think you team is similar to Utah. That would be a good match up.

OK, I will reserve my placing until after that game. Not too high on Indiana, so not sure that will make a great comparison for me. If Utah doesn't easily handle the Hosers then I think we would be above Utah.
They should easily handle Indiana except bowl games can be weird. Like, who is more motivated to win a meaningless game?

They should easily handle Indiana except bowl games can be weird. Like, who is more motivated to win a meaningless game?

See the above. Bowl games are impossible to judge. The underdogs are dominating this bowl season and so much of it is just teams coming in too comfortable and enjoying their vacation. I've heard that most guys don't really care about bowl games at all and are just along for the free trip. The only reason to play hard is just natural competitive fire. By spring, nobody will care that we lost to Minnesota.

I hope the Cougar football team cares that we lost to Minnesota....until they care enough (and that starts with the coaches) to be properly motivated and prepared for big games (and I consider playing in the Holiday Bowl a big game) they will only beat the mediocre and bad teams.

Glad Cougar

Glad Cougar
We have to look at the teams the cougs beat and how they're trending: UO made a promising hire, OSU even looks better, and I would not count on furd or cal as staying low long. If the Pac was down this year, it was the cougars who benefited from it. When the cougs' schedule toughens, their record will get worse.

We have to look at the teams the cougs beat and how they're trending: UO made a promising hire, OSU even looks better, and I would not count on furd or cal as staying low long. If the Pac was down this year, it was the cougars who benefited from it. When the cougs' schedule toughens, their record will get worse.

Gotta say SC, that's very simplistic logic from you; something you don't typically do on here. UO made a promising hire? I guess so. We'll see. Oregon State? They don't have a QB on their roster, literally. Will the fact that the Beavs "played hard" translate to a linear ascension in the standings? Hell, they jumped out to huge lead at home against us and completely folded down the stretch. What about Cal? They're starting over at QB again. Are ASU and Arizona threats?

WSU has plenty of problems to address, but look around the Pac-12. Why assume that this version of WSU is the best we'll see? Will the offensive line, QBs, and WRs be worse in the coming 1-3 years. I don't think I'm ready to press that button yet.

Cal will stay low a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT