ADVERTISEMENT

Why was UW's Andrew Andrews virtually unguarded on ...

I think because Ike didn't do what he was supposed to do. He sank inside on the drive even though everybody had to know that the UW plan was to drive and kick it out to Andrews. Ike is a talented player who makes a lot of mental mistakes. This was another one.

Why does our defense force only 3 turnovers against a struggling UW basketball team? The offense I can live with but if they can't beat the Huskies while shooting 55% FG and 67% from 3-point land and 80% from FT stripe, then we have some real big defensive problems.

Glad Cougar

Because it was Ike?

Given how hot Andrews was, coach should have told Ike to stay on him like a glove. Too bad Kernich-Drew wasn't available.

Originally posted by Glad Cougar:
Why does our defense force only 3 turnovers against a struggling UW basketball team? The offense I can live with but if they can't beat the Huskies while shooting 55% FG and 67% from 3-point land and 80% from FT stripe, then we have some real big defensive problems.

Glad Cougar
Ask the refs. Iroegbu and Redding had a combined 8 personal fouls. DKD fouled out as you know. Andrew Andrews was never called for a foul. Nigel-Goss had three. Together, they were 12 of 15 from the FT line. Redding never shot a FT. Ike was 5 of 8.
It's pretty hard to pressure with whistles blowing so frequently.

Originally posted by YakiCoug:
Originally posted by Glad Cougar:

Glad Cougar
Ask the refs. Iroegbu and Redding had a combined 8 personal fouls. DKD fouled out as you know. Andrew Andrews was never called for a foul. Nigel-Goss had three. Together, they were 12 of 15 from the FT line. Redding never shot a FT. Ike was 5 of 8.
It's pretty hard to pressure with whistles blowing so frequently.
This goes beyond the UW game and beyond the refs. Our team is second to last in the nation in forcing turnovers. I guess it isn't just a problem for our football team's defense.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT