ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin game tickets

Hello again Cougar fans

I’m bummed about the Oregon-Washington defections to the B10, and this has overshadowed the games this year. I have yet to meet any Wisconsin fan who like the big ten’s westward expansion. It’s all about the money, but I never thought the PAC 12 schools would take a crap on 4 of their member schools, who have been quite competitive over the years—moreso than multiple current big ten schools.

Anyway, for the Wisconsin game, ticket demand looks softer than anticipated. I did buy tickets from the Wisconsin athletic department, who from what I can tell has not yet sold their allocation, but I don’t want to sit in in those seats. So I’m looking for a single in section 3-9, ideally in rows 30-32 or better yet a club seat in C104-C110. Is SeekGeek now the “official” WSU secondary ticket outlet? Any other suggestions? Looking forward to the trip, should be a lot of points scored in this game.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
There aren't any "good" restaurants in Pullman. It's mostly bar food and fast food. The good news is that food prices are low. Bring some pepto.

For our Wisconsin fan, remember to factor in which side of the stadium you are on. South side (Sections 1-11 or so) will be in the shade of the Press Box/Luxury Suites and that really lowers the temperature feeling. People can be sweating and getting sunburned on the student side while some of us old fogeys are shivering on the south side.
True. I used to sit in section 9 and were always cold. My wife insisted we switch our season tickets over to the sunny side and hell yeah, it can get hot in the sun, but we love it! Sec. 25

There aren't any "good" restaurants in Pullman. It's mostly bar food and fast food. The good news is that food prices are low. Bring some pepto.
There’s some decent options. Paradise Creek Brewing and South Fork PH are both good “restaurants”. Not 5 star but decent for Pullman.

As for food, if you like wings…the gold rush wings at My Office and Valhalla are some of the best wings on the planet I’m convinced. I don’t know if it’s one of those everything tastes better in Pullman things but I will eat those until I’m uncomfortable.

As for food, if you like wings…the gold rush wings at My Office and Valhalla are some of the best wings on the planet I’m convinced. I don’t know if it’s one of those everything tastes better in Pullman things but I will eat those until I’m uncomfortable.

Translation: ;)

sitting true stories GIF

There will always be tickets outside Martin Stadium of fans selling and usually not scalping, but because this is a big game, expecting a sell out, especially being out of town, and you need peace of mind....the go-to website is Stub Hub. Ticketmaster could be a backup, but you should be fine with Stub Hub. You'll pay for it though, with the markup and fees. Somewhat gone are the days you can just walk up near the stadium and pay someone $20 bucks for a good ticket or two.

Although it would ideal to stay in Pullman, you'll need a two night minimum and it will be $1,200 for two nights, for a standard hotel. Nothing special. But like Coug90 said, they're all sold out. Supply and demand. The outer areas are Colfax, WA, Moscow, ID, Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA

I think the best best lodging is Spokane. The drive down to Pullman is 90 minutes. Get there early. Like 5 hours or more early. Head to "the Field House", and the "Cub". There are several other places to go....but others can chime in.

Bottom line, what I would do: 1. Stay in Spokane. 2. Buy your tickets on StubHub. 3. Book a rental car. You're good to go.
Another option - which I do - stay in Spokane Friday night, stay in Lewiston on Saturday night.

Hit Spokane up for dinner, etc. Decent hotels and things to. Head down to Pullman in the morning. Check out the area - including the bears - go to the game, drive to Lewiston, sleep and head out Sunday morning.

Another option - which I do - stay in Spokane Friday night, stay in Lewiston on Saturday night.

Hit Spokane up for dinner, etc. Decent hotels and things to. Head down to Pullman in the morning. Check out the area - including the bears - go to the game, drive to Lewiston, sleep and head out Sunday morning.
Lewiston food isn't that great either ....

Moscow is the best bet nearby.

Totally.

The James Beard Award winning Black Cypress is total shit. Definitely avoid that one if at all possible.

Moscow has a reeeeeeeeeeeealy nice Applebees that CP says is excellent!

Totally.

The James Beard Award winning Black Cypress is total shit. Definitely avoid that one if at all possible.

Moscow has a reeeeeeeeeeeealy nice Applebees that CP says is excellent!
I like Applebee's and think the Moscow one is just fine. But then I'll eat anything. The Moscow Italian place near campus was good IMHO. Gambino's?

I like Applebee's and think the Moscow one is just fine. But then I'll eat anything. The Moscow Italian place near campus was good IMHO. Gambino's?
Everything was good at Gambino's after a fish bowl.

Just like everything at RV is good after a mexican flag or two.

Not saying its bad food necessarily, but a lot of Pullman memories are influenced by being under the influence...

For example... Pizza Pipeline is shit pizza, but at 1am on a Saturday it might as well be manna from heaven.

Reactions: kougkurt
The Vandals are playing Nevada so you won't have to worry about 2 games that day.

Lots of good places in downtown Moscow - Gambino's, Alehouse, Mikey's, Humbleburgers etc but as with most places post Covid they are running short staffed so plan on everything taking longer. There's also a taco truck located by the silos that's pretty good.

Saying “I like Applebee’s” is confirmation that you’ll eat anything. It should also disqualify you from judging any dinner served after 4:30.

Not saying its bad food necessarily, but a lot of Pullman memories are influenced by being under the influence...

For example... Pizza Pipeline is shit pizza, but at 1am on a Saturday it might as well be manna from heaven.
Last time I had Pizza Pipeline was somewhere between 2010-2013. It was post-victory (so more likely 2012-13) around 1AM, and I was pretty trashed. Still identified it as inedible shit. My whole group had less than a slice each and dumped it. Apparently we’ve all matured to where even when we’re drunk our palates are too refined for a $7 large pizza.

None of us drink Coors light anymore either.

The gold rush wings are legit. Trust me on this one.

Saying “I like Applebee’s” is confirmation that you’ll eat anything. It should also disqualify you from judging any dinner served after 4:30.

Last time I had Pizza Pipeline was somewhere between 2010-2013. It was post-victory (so more likely 2012-13) around 1AM, and I was pretty trashed. Still identified it as inedible shit. My whole group had less than a slice each and dumped it. Apparently we’ve all matured to where even when we’re drunk our palates are too refined for a $7 large pizza.

The crazy thing is pizza pipeline is two solid notches above pizza perfection and we ate that shit too!

Hah. I remember the days when Coors wasn't sold in Washington, and Wetside Coug fans would go to Moscow and load up to take it home. Coors Light is sweet. Not too heavy, a little less alcohol so I can drink more and stay out of trouble. Tastes like water. Yum.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
The crazy thing is pizza pipeline is two solid notches above pizza perfection and we ate that shit too!
I ate Perfection once. Decided it wasn’t.

Ate a ton of Pipeline though, at least after we scammed Domino’s out of business. Also punished Godfather’s for having a $5 lunch buffet (business tip: never offer 18-22 year old males an “all you can eat” without some serious fine print).

Only went to Pizza Hut when I knew a particular waitress was working. If you’ve seen the South Park episode with Butters at the pseudo-Hooters…you get the idea.

Pizza Haven operated briefly during my tenure - in the long-abandoned Mimosa building - but was unremarkable.

Rathaus was the place to go, but it wasn’t cheap. That was saved for when they had dollar wells.

Hah. I remember the days when Coors wasn't sold in Washington, and Wetside Coug fans would go to Moscow and load up to take it home. Coors Light is sweet. Not too heavy, a little less alcohol so I can drink more and stay out of trouble. Tastes like water. Yum.
There was a time when I put away large volumes of Coors, Busch, keystone, and their light versions….but now I refuse to drink anything I can see through. I will freely admit to being a beer snob.

There was a time when I put away large volumes of Coors, Busch, keystone, and their light versions….but now I refuse to drink anything I can see through. I will freely admit to being a beer snob.
I hate froof beer. Overpriced, doesn't taste that good.

Reactions: longtimecoug
There’s a time and a place. Considering a decent amount of my beer is consumed fishing, golfing, or watching football, silver bullets all day. I’ll enjoy a good micro at a nice restaurant.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
You just haven’t found the right one.

Besides, you said yourself…Coors light tastes like water.

You like Applebees and Coors light, so maybe you just can’t taste anything. I’m not a doctor, but maybe you have really long Covid.

I’ll drink 1, maybe to 2 micro type beers but definitely not for volume drinking. Hard alcohol is dangerous so I generally stay away if I’m in public.
My go to for volume is Coors light rotating in a white claw or 2 ( call me a girl but I don’t get near as bloated) and sprinkling in a few waters. Liquid IVs are good to get in the rotation as well though they may just be a placebo? They seem to help reduce or get rid of the hangovers. Im too old for 8-12 hour drinking binges but too stupid to stop cold turkey.

Reactions: Coug90 and kougkurt

95, you left out Heidelberg (or maybe that was before your time). 😁

Now that was a good 'n' cheap beer for the "young, dumb and broke" days

You forgot to mention Schmidt, or affectionally known as animal beer. "The brew that grew with the great Northwest". Apparently they still make it. Or Bohemian, used to buy that shit for $4.12 a case for 11 oz bottles.

You forgot to mention Schmidt, or affectionally known as animal beer. "The brew that grew with the great Northwest". Apparently they still make it. Or Bohemian, used to buy that shit for $4.12 a case for 11 oz bottles.
Schmidt wasnt bad, bohemian was awful

Schmidt wasnt bad, bohemian was awful
Bohemian was awful. But cheap. And let's not forget Mickey's wide mouths or Olde English 800. One night in college a buddy and me went to a kegger, then came home to a fridge stocked with Olde English. I think it was 6.6% back then? 2 beers in and I was puking off the front porch and he was puking off the back porch. Never touched that crap again.

Oh the memories......Good old Wazzu.

Schlitz, Old Milwaukee...I think it was the latter with the slogan "man, it doesn't get any better than this". That commercial always had a way of making food (crab) and beer look good together...even to a 10 yr old. Taihtsat

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop
we're doing this again? I know a bunch of you are old, but certainly you can remember that we just had this discussion a few months ago...
What? Must be that dementia kicking in. Let's just get back to the nauseating political arguments and stop reminiscing about our Coug days.

Bohemian was awful. But cheap. And let's not forget Mickey's wide mouths or Olde English 800. One night in college a buddy and me went to a kegger, then came home to a fridge stocked with Olde English. I think it was 6.6% back then? 2 beers in and I was puking off the front porch and he was puking off the back porch. Never touched that crap again.

Oh the memories......Good old Wazzu.
It wasn’t a comprehensive list. If I tried to list all the crap I drank in college, I’d end up with arthritis in my thumbs.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Well dang, Bleeder.

Since when is talking about beer and the good ol' days a bad thing? 😃
yeah, I know. It could be covid, wulff and Rolo.

CARRY ON BOOMER COUGS!!!

FWIW, it was all about Keystone Light when I was in Pullman. We had a guy in our house who's dad did something with Weinhardt's brewing and we'd seem some bougie beer occassionally, but mostly it was Keystone Light/ Ice.

yeah, I know. It could be covid, wulff and Rolo.

CARRY ON BOOMER COUGS!!!

FWIW, it was all about Keystone Light when I was in Pullman. We had a guy in our house who's dad did something with Weinhardt's brewing and we'd seem some bougie beer occassionally, but mostly it was Keystone Light/ Ice.
Your house? so you were a frat rat? That explains a lot. Date rapers house? Wife beaters house?

Bohemian was awful. But cheap. And let's not forget Mickey's wide mouths or Olde English 800.

Not sure of your age Loyal, but do you remember Hamm's or Lucky Lager from back in the early-mid 1980's

They were drinkable if they were ice cold. Not so much if they were anywhere near room temperature

Not sure of your age Loyal, but do you remember Hamm's or Lucky Lager from back in the early-mid 1980's

They were drinkable if they were ice cold. Not so much if they were anywhere near room temperature
From the land of sky blue waters? I remember those adds as a kid in the Midwest. Lucky Lager from Labatt’s brewing company.

Somebody mentioned Schlitz. It was actually pretty good according to my 19 year old palate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT