ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin game tickets

Badgerzfan

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2022
Hello Cougar fans

I made a few posts last year in anticipation of the game in Madison. We did have a lot of WSU fans in Madison, I sat near a few and spoke to a dozen or so after the game, hope everybody had a great time.

I’ll refrain from quoting all the posters on this board who insisted that Wisconsin will back out of the game in Pullman…it does appear that we’re going to show up. I’m planning to go too, but don’t think many Wisconsin fans will make it, as it’s not a convenient place to get to, and finding lodging in town on a football weekend is…challenging. We do have plenty of alumni in the pacific northwest, undoubtedly some of them will get to the game.

Anyway, I’d like to get people’s thoughts on the ticket market. I can buy visitor tickets from Wisconsin (will have to decide by June 21) but would prefer not to. At road games, I prefer good seats (between the 20’s or better), relatively high (row 40 or higher) in the middle of the regular (non-student) fan base. I'm not familiar with Martin Stadium. Some specific questions

-- Has WSU converted to digital tickets?
-- Is there a street market for tickets on game day? (since we went to digital tickets, there are fewer tickets on the street)
-- Do you expect this game to sell out?
-- Where are the seats sold to visiting teams located?
-- What is the total capacity? How many student tickets are sold?
-- What do season ticket holders pay per ticket this year? Do single game tickets cost more?

Any other insight on ticket availability will be appreciated. Looking forward to the trip, 2023 is kind of the end of an era. IMO most of our fans are less than enthused about UCLA and USC joining the Big Ten, but of course it’s all about money. The game itself should be competitive. We should be a better team in 2023, people are generally optimistic about our new coach.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Hello Cougar fans

I made a few posts last year in anticipation of the game in Madison. We did have a lot of WSU fans in Madison, I sat near a few and spoke to a dozen or so after the game, hope everybody had a great time.

I’ll refrain from quoting all the posters on this board who insisted that Wisconsin will back out of the game in Pullman…it does appear that we’re going to show up. I’m planning to go too, but don’t think many Wisconsin fans will make it, as it’s not a convenient place to get to, and finding lodging in town on a football weekend is…challenging. We do have plenty of alumni in the pacific northwest, undoubtedly some of them will get to the game.

Anyway, I’d like to get people’s thoughts on the ticket market. I can buy visitor tickets from Wisconsin (will have to decide by June 21) but would prefer not to. At road games, I prefer good seats (between the 20’s or better), relatively high (row 40 or higher) in the middle of the regular (non-student) fan base. I'm not familiar with Martin Stadium. Some specific questions

-- Is there a street market for tickets on game day? (since we went to digital tickets, there are fewer tickets on the street)
-- What do season ticket holders pay per ticket this year? Do single game tickets cost more?

Any other insight on ticket availability will be appreciated. Looking forward to the trip, 2023 is kind of the end of an era. IMO most of our fans are less than enthused about UCLA and USC joining the Big Ten, but of course it’s all about money. The game itself should be competitive. We should be a better team in 2023, people are generally optimistic about our new coach.
So many questions, I'll link our ticket site (below), but it appears the only way to get a Wisconsin ticket from WSU is to pair it with a Colorado ticket.

And yes there is typically a "street market" for tickets, but I expect it will be scant for this one. This game is a big deal for WSU.

Visitor seating is usually in the end zone. But with a small stadium, there really isn't a bad seat.

So this game will totally sell out. Our stadium only holds 33,000, which is why we thought no way were you guys coming. Student seats? I think it is still about 10,000.

Hope all this helps. And yes lodging in Pullman on game weekends is nuts and expensive. Best bets are to look at Lewiston, ID (30 miles away) or Spokane (75 miles away)

Hello Cougar fans

-yes
-doubtful. Pullman is pretty remote so I don’t see anyone “scalping” at the stadium. If you come to Pullman without a ticket you probably aren’t getting into this game.
-Endzone corner. There’s no bad seats in the stadium since it only seats 33K w no track, anywhere you sit you are right on the field just a matter of angles.
-33K, no idea on student section, 7500?
-varies. Single game is more, wisky game will be most expensive for sure.

-other- I would highly recommend buying through Wisconsin for this one. I think game will sell out same day tix go on sale. I will have priority on single game tix with an existing ticket package and I’m getting 8 extra tix as I have some Wisconsin friends in the area. I doubt I’m alone, and I’ll be able to purchase before you will.

Lodging- if you don’t have lodging yet you’ll probably need to book in Lewiston (40 min drive) or Spokane. Pullman and Moscow lodging was sold out months ago as is always the case with football weekends.

Places to go for food/fun…PM me and let me know what you like and I’ll give you some recommendations. If you appreciate cheese go find a can of cougar gold at the creamery or bookstore and compare it to Wisky cheese.

Hope you are able to find your way to Pullman and get tix. One of the last true college towns, you won’t be disappointed. You should find WSU fans to be friendly folks too, always the 2% rule but would hope we’d be hospitable to wisky fans as this is a pretty big deal to have a big time P5 program visit. Props to your admin for following through on the home:home as well.

PS - be careful who you cross around here or you may need to earn your words, and watch out for bubble screens, they are deadly!

Go Cougs

There will always be tickets outside Martin Stadium of fans selling and usually not scalping, but because this is a big game, expecting a sell out, especially being out of town, and you need peace of mind....the go-to website is Stub Hub. Ticketmaster could be a backup, but you should be fine with Stub Hub. You'll pay for it though, with the markup and fees. Somewhat gone are the days you can just walk up near the stadium and pay someone $20 bucks for a good ticket or two.

Although it would ideal to stay in Pullman, you'll need a two night minimum and it will be $1,200 for two nights, for a standard hotel. Nothing special. But like Coug90 said, they're all sold out. Supply and demand. The outer areas are Colfax, WA, Moscow, ID, Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA

I think the best best lodging is Spokane. The drive down to Pullman is 90 minutes. Get there early. Like 5 hours or more early. Head to "the Field House", and the "Cub". There are several other places to go....but others can chime in.

Bottom line, what I would do: 1. Stay in Spokane. 2. Buy your tickets on StubHub. 3. Book a rental car. You're good to go.

Last edited:
Hello Cougar fans

First, being one of the ones who predicted Wisconsin would back out…that’s only based on every single non-conference home & home deal we’ve ever had. Only one P5 team has ever showed up in Pullman (Illinois, 1998), so we can’t really be blamed for believing it wouldn’t happen.

As to your questions:

—Has WSU converted to digital tickets?

Yes, at least mostly. I think there’s still a print at home option, but I’ve been using digital for a couple years

Yes…although it’s reduced, and I’d be reluctant to trust buying a printed-at-someone else’s home ticket. It’s just a piece of paper. Digital transfers are ridiculously easy though, you could theoretically get one in under a minute outside the stadium.

Probably…since it’s the first P5 team to show up in 25 years. Also the home opener.

Mostly sections 11-13, which is the southeast corner. There are usually visiting fans almost throughout thought. Here’s where I’ll start disagreeing with others though - seats in the east end zone suck. Don’t sit there.

About 32,000. Student seating is about 1/3 of the stadium - half of the north side plus the west end zone.

Season ticket price is very slightly discounted from the total single game ticket price, not counting the variable seatback donation price.

I kind of doubt there will be much availability of tickets on the street for the Wisconsin game. I’d probably be watching stubhub for a couple weeks before and try to capitalize on someone who suddenly can’t make it and needs to unload their seats. I also don’t expect the price to rise much above face value (if at all). We’ll fill the stadium, but I don’t see widespread demand. Most people who end up in Pullman on gameday are going to the game…they’re not selling. Pullman residents may be the exception.

Beggars can’t be choosers, but you’re looking for sections 4-8. Maybe 3/9. You’re not going to get row 40, Martin only goes to 36. I’ve sat in 24 for a couple decades, it’s a nice middle ground. (Technically, I guess we have 40 rows, the front 10-11 are actually letters)

Your odds of finding lodging in moscow-Pullman are slim, but keep calling around. It’ll also be expensive - although I hope the $1,200 estimate is high, but I haven’t stayed over in a decade. Have breakfast at Old European, but plan for a wait. Many will tell you to have a calzone at Sella’s, but I think their star has faded. There’s a wood-fired pizza place that’s pretty good (can’t remember the name). There will be massive amounts of beer. There’s South Fork brew pub that puts out a passable steak, but doesn’t compare to what I’ve had in pretty much every midwestern state. Go to Ferdinand’s and try the cheese - I’ll take the Pepsi challenge between it and anything Wisconsin has to offer.

Other than that…good luck, have a good trip, I hope you lose.

Reactions: Coug90
First, being one of the ones who predicted Wisconsin would back out…that’s only based on every single non-conference home & home deal we’ve ever had. Only one P5 team has ever showed up in Pullman (Illinois, 1998), so we can’t really be blamed for believing it wouldn’t happen.

As to your questions:

—Has WSU converted to digital tickets?

Yes, at least mostly. I think there’s still a print at home option, but I’ve been using digital for a couple years

Yes…although it’s reduced, and I’d be reluctant to trust buying a printed-at-someone else’s home ticket. It’s just a piece of paper. Digital transfers are ridiculously easy though, you could theoretically get one in under a minute outside the stadium.

Probably…since it’s the first P5 team to show up in 25 years. Also the home opener.

Mostly sections 11-13, which is the southeast corner. There are usually visiting fans almost throughout thought. Here’s where I’ll start disagreeing with others though - seats in the east end zone suck. Don’t sit there.

About 32,000. Student seating is about 1/3 of the stadium - half of the north side plus the west end zone.

Season ticket price is very slightly discounted from the total single game ticket price, not counting the variable seatback donation price.

I kind of doubt there will be much availability of tickets on the street for the Wisconsin game. I’d probably be watching stubhub for a couple weeks before and try to capitalize on someone who suddenly can’t make it and needs to unload their seats. I also don’t expect the price to rise much above face value (if at all). We’ll fill the stadium, but I don’t see widespread demand. Most people who end up in Pullman on gameday are going to the game…they’re not selling. Pullman residents may be the exception.

Beggars can’t be choosers, but you’re looking for sections 4-8. Maybe 3/9. You’re not going to get row 40, Martin only goes to 36. I’ve sat in 24 for a couple decades, it’s a nice middle ground. (Technically, I guess we have 40 rows, the front 10-11 are actually letters)

Your odds of finding lodging in moscow-Pullman are slim, but keep calling around. It’ll also be expensive - although I hope the $1,200 estimate is high, but I haven’t stayed over in a decade. Have breakfast at Old European, but plan for a wait. Many will tell you to have a calzone at Sella’s, but I think their star has faded. There’s a wood-fired pizza place that’s pretty good (can’t remember the name). There will be massive amounts of beer. There’s South Fork brew pub that puts out a passable steak, but doesn’t compare to what I’ve had in pretty much every midwestern state. Go to Ferdinand’s and try the cheese - I’ll take the Pepsi challenge between it and anything Wisconsin has to offer.

Other than that…good luck, have a good trip, I hope you lose.
South Fork is solid. Some other good food options:

Paradise Creek Brewing. Great brews and good food, nice atmosphere. Try the Huckleberry Pucker and the cougar gold dip.

Valhalla or My office Tavern - both have the same menu, but good bar food and the gold rush wings are killer…might be best wings I’ve ever had. Valhalla is a short walk from the stadium right off Greek row and is definitely a younger crowd. Great selection of beers on tap. My Office is downtown and caters to a “more experienced” crowd. Much tamer, but a fun sports bar vibe if you like to be able to hear the person next to you.

Stop by The Coug for a beer if you can get in just to say you were there. It’s sort of The Bar in Pullman, right next to Valhalla and a short walk to the stadium.

South Fork is solid. Some other good food options:

Paradise Creek Brewing. Great brews and good food, nice atmosphere. Try the Huckleberry Pucker and the cougar gold dip.

Valhalla or My office Tavern - both have the same menu, but good bar food and the gold rush wings are killer…might be best wings I’ve ever had. Valhalla is a short walk from the stadium right off Greek row and is definitely a younger crowd. Great selection of beers on tap. My Office is downtown and caters to a “more experienced” crowd. Much tamer, but a fun sports bar vibe if you like to be able to hear the person next to you.

Stop by The Coug for a beer if you can get in just to say you were there. It’s sort of The Bar in Pullman, right next to Valhalla and a short walk to the stadium.
Can’t do Valhalla anymore. Used to go there when it was the Cavern - which was the perfect name for it.
Now, with a wider awareness of historical incidents and human nature, I can’t stay in a crowded bar at the bottom of a tiny stairway. If there’s ever a fire in that place….

Can’t do Valhalla anymore. Used to go there when it was the Cavern - which was the perfect name for it.
Now, with a wider awareness of historical incidents and human nature, I can’t stay in a crowded bar at the bottom of a tiny stairway. If there’s ever a fire in that place….
Didn’t say go downstairs. They renovated the street level and it’s awesome. I am done with that basement too, I stay up top where there’s places to sit and games to watch.

Wow, thanks for all the responses so far, I really appreciate it. I booked a motel in town in January, it took a lot of persistence and let's just say I think I could have stayed in midtown Manhattan the day of the Macy's Parade for less. OK, I'm exaggerating...a little. Supply and demand. I'm flying into Boise and am checking out Hells Canyon Friday.

From what I'm reading here I guess I'll buy a ticket from our athletic dept, and maybe look for a better one on stubhub closer to the game. I've been to every B10 venue and dozens of others, and have nearly always bought tickets on the street. I like to do that because with appropriate negotiating skills you can usually get better seats at lower cost, and I like to sit among the hard core home fans, not to irritate them but like to ask them about their program, venue, etc. However, the change to digital tickets has taken a bite out of the scalper nation, which is one reason they did it.

Would love to get suggestions for downtown establishments for food and drink, which are not overrun by drunk students. Thanks!!!

Wow, thanks for all the responses so far, I really appreciate it. I booked a motel in town in January, it took a lot of persistence and let's just say I think I could have stayed in midtown Manhattan the day of the Macy's Parade for less. OK, I'm exaggerating...a little. Supply and demand. I'm flying into Boise and am checking out Hells Canyon Friday.

From what I'm reading here I guess I'll buy a ticket from our athletic dept, and maybe look for a better one on stubhub closer to the game. I've been to every B10 venue and dozens of others, and have nearly always bought tickets on the street. I like to do that because with appropriate negotiating skills you can usually get better seats at lower cost, and I like to sit among the hard core home fans, not to irritate them but like to ask them about their program, venue, etc. However, the change to digital tickets has taken a bite out of the scalper nation, which is one reason they did it.

Would love to get suggestions for downtown establishments for food and drink, which are not overrun by drunk students. Thanks!!!
You may be able to find something on stubhub, but safest bet is through your Wisconsin tix IMO for this game.

If you want to get away from drunk students, My Office and Paradise Creek are good spots downtown. The Land is a good spot too, it’s a little off the beaten path out by the golf course, but good food and you should be clear of drunk students. Definitely stay away from Valhalla and The Coug if that’s not your jam.

Yeah, upstairs is completely remodeled. Happened between my sophomore and junior year. And with the remodel also went 80s nights, RIP.

I haven't been back into town since 2018, but here's some options: I saw someone mentioned South Fork, which is usually solid. I haven't been but a lot of people have mentioned Esti Bravo for a nice cocktail. Rico's is cool and plays live jazz - has a cool history. Cougar Country is classic burgers, shakes, fries.

Moscow, ID has some good options too and it's an 8 mile drive there. I will note that gameday weekends usually mean longer wait times at all restaurants, so just plan for that when heading to eat.

Definitely get some Cougar Gold Cheese (I prefer to Crimson Fire option myself).

The RV lot is literally across the street from the stadium, I would expect fellow Cougars to welcome you for a beer (or two).

The weather in September is usually very charming and nice, so hopefully it shows out for that game.

There is a really good, real authentic like Mexican food restaurant. Forget the name. Perhaps others know the name.

The cub is good food, and plenty of good fans to talk to.

DO NOT try to get food at the stadium during half time, anytime. The food vendors food is ok, the forever LINES are not ok.

Check out nearby Moscow for restaurants. It's a nice little college town that has some good eats. Better than Pullman and just 8 miles away.

I'll mention that when it comes to parking, there are usually some folks selling passes to the game online. If you don't mind walking a bit and want to check out the Wazzu campus, get tickets in either B or C. It's a pretty decent trek up the hill for the game but you hit the best parts of the campus, particularly if you go up the Veterans Way pedestrian mall. You'll find it way easier to escape the campus when leaving from that area. See map linked below.

As far as places to eat....good list above already. We always eat at Cougar Country Drive-In but it's really just a run of the mill burger joint. If you like greasy burgers and fries...you'll love it. Parking sucks there so you don't want to go too close to game time but given the 4:30 pm kickoff....it might be good for lunch.

If you are running late, there's a pretty decent food court in the CUB (student union building) next to the football stadium with basic fast food options available (Subway, Carlita's and Panda Express). It can get pretty busy before games but if it's hotter than piss outside, you can meet some Cougs in an air conditioned environment.

I'll mention that when it comes to parking, there are usually some folks selling passes to the game online. If you don't mind walking a bit and want to check out the Wazzu campus, get tickets in either B or C. It's a pretty decent trek up the hill for the game but you hit the best parts of the campus, particularly if you go up the Veterans Way pedestrian mall. You'll find it way easier to escape the campus when leaving from that area. See map linked below.

As far as places to eat....good list above already. We always eat at Cougar Country Drive-In but it's really just a run of the mill burger joint. If you like greasy burgers and fries...you'll love it. Parking sucks there so you don't want to go too close to game time but given the 4:30 pm kickoff....it might be good for lunch.

If you are running late, there's a pretty decent food court in the CUB (student union building) next to the football stadium with basic fast food options available (Subway, Carlita's and Panda Express). It can get pretty busy before games but if it's hotter than piss outside, you can meet some Cougs in an air conditioned environment.
Note - Pullman is rarely hotter than piss. Early September you’re probably looking at mid to high 80s (prime sundress weather), and humidity is much more tolerable than in most of Wisconsin. If you’re sitting on the south or southeast, you’ll be shaded most of the game so should be comfortable. (Disclaimer: Pullman hit 103 in September last year, so this could all end up being wrong. Except the sundress part.)

The variable we’ve seen more often in the last 5 years or so is smoke. Several times, smoke from forest fires in central Washington, Idaho, or even oregon & California has gathered in Pullman and made things a bit miserable. Not much to be done about it, but just something to be aware of. On the plus side, when it’s thick it keeps the temperature down a bit.

Note - Pullman is rarely hotter than piss. Early September you’re probably looking at mid to high 80s (prime sundress weather), and humidity is much more tolerable than in most of Wisconsin. If you’re sitting on the south or southeast, you’ll be shaded most of the game so should be comfortable. (Disclaimer: Pullman hit 103 in September last year, so this could all end up being wrong. Except the sundress part.)

The variable we’ve seen more often in the last 5 years or so is smoke. Several times, smoke from forest fires in central Washington, Idaho, or even oregon & California has gathered in Pullman and made things a bit miserable. Not much to be done about it, but just something to be aware of. On the plus side, when it’s thick it keeps the temperature down a bit.

We went to an early September game in 2019 and it was pretty warm. But yeah, it's all relative. "Hot" in Pullman is a mild Saturday in most of the southern US.

We went to an early September game in 2019 and it was pretty warm. But yeah, it's all relative. "Hot" in Pullman is a mild Saturday in most of the southern US.
Y’all forget about Portland State? F’ing miserable.

If you feel like some Mexican food, La Casa Lopez in Moscow has the absolute best carne asada I have ever had. The BEST!
Damn you learn something new every day…for the dozens of times I’ve been to Pullman since I graduated never been to this place. Will have to try it.

Reactions: mikalalas
There is a really good, real authentic like Mexican food restaurant. Forget the name. Perhaps others know the name.

The cub is good food, and plenty of good fans to talk to.

DO NOT try to get food at the stadium during half time, anytime. The food vendors food is ok, the forever LINES are not ok.
You talking about the Mexican place right on the downtown corner of Grand and whatever that one way street is? WTH is the name of that? I've eaten there a bunch of times over the years. Yes and run by an immigrant Mexican family, unless things have changed. Good food.

Damn you learn something new every day…for the dozens of times I’ve been to Pullman since I graduated never been to this place. Will have to try it.
I don't think they have it on the menu anymore but their "Volcano" drink would leave you lit after one. It was a like a frozen pina colada with a big 151 floater basically on top.

You talking about the Mexican place right on the downtown corner of Grand and whatever that one way street is? WTH is the name of that? I've eaten there a bunch of times over the years. Yes and run by an immigrant Mexican family, unless things have changed. Good food.
Rancho Viejo?

Rancho Viejo?
Yes you pegged it.

Funny story - back when you could still smoke in bars, my then wife and I were in the downstairs Rancho Viejo bar with my buddy (who owns My Office and Valhalla) and his girlfriend. Wifey was bitching about how gross cigarettes were, so she lights one up up and blows smoke at wifey. Priceless.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Y’all forget about Portland State? F’ing miserable.
I remember a rainy, miserable portland state game, but I don’t remember one being hot.

Then again, when you’re going from tri-cities to Pullman, you pretty reliably drop 10-15 degrees.

I remember a rainy, miserable portland state game, but I don’t remember one being hot.

Then again, when you’re going from tri-cities to Pullman, you pretty reliably drop 10-15 degrees.
I remember a few hot ones. Sitting on the student side. One in October when it must have been 80 out. People were getting sunburned. Me, just working on my tan while I could.

I remember a few hot ones. Sitting on the student side. One in October when it must have been 80 out. People were getting sunburned. Me, just working on my tan while I could.
Perspective, again. To me, 80 is a nice day in early fall. Hot starts between 92-95. Humidity is obviously a significant variable, but isn’t usually much of an issue in Pullman.

The 8 years I lived in Pullman, I think I could count on my hands the number of times the temp went above 92. It went below 0 more often.

Yup that’s the one, just going full circle on the weather in Sept. it’s rare but will never forget that Seattle Apple Cup sideways rain and 50 degree opener…and somehow the game managed to be worse than the weather.

We are now way off topic for the Badger fan. But....did you guys ever see this?
I think we've eaten there at least once, (CML always liked The Black Cyprus), and the food was good, but thought the environment and location was much better.

Last edited:
I think we've eaten there at least once, (CML always liked The Black Cyprus), and the food was good, but thought the environment and location was much better.
Yeah, that was interesting. Nominated for service quality, not necessarily food. The awards are apparently trying to be more accessible, not just focusing on the big city restaurants.
They didn’t win though, some crappy restaurant in Vermont or something did. As if anyone wants to eat there.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Perspective, again. To me, 80 is a nice day in early fall. Hot starts between 92-95. Humidity is obviously a significant variable, but isn’t usually much of an issue in Pullman.

The 8 years I lived in Pullman, I think I could count on my hands the number of times the temp went above 92. It went below 0 more often.
For our Wisconsin fan, remember to factor in which side of the stadium you are on. South side (Sections 1-11 or so) will be in the shade of the Press Box/Luxury Suites and that really lowers the temperature feeling. People can be sweating and getting sunburned on the student side while some of us old fogeys are shivering on the south side.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Top of China. All you can eat authentic Pullman Chinese cuisine for $5.99. Leave yourself a couple of hours of free time later that evening.

Badgerz -- if you're flying into Boise, think hard about extending your stay by a day on the front or back end and spend some quality time in the salmon River and Hell's Canyon areas near Riggins/ Whitebird. (A couple hr detour on Friday as you drive thru isn't going to cut it.) Grab a 1/2 jet boat tour into Hell's Canyon itself, or take a couple hikes into some of the side canyons just off the highway. Pretty incredible part of the world and a ton of wildlife. (I don't think I've ever been into Hell's Canyon w/o seeing bighorns.) You'll thank me.

Reactions: Coug90
Badgerz -- if you're flying into Boise, think hard about extending your stay by a day on the front or back end and spend some quality time in the salmon River and Hell's Canyon areas near Riggins/ Whitebird. (A couple hr detour on Friday as you drive thru isn't going to cut it.) Grab a 1/2 jet boat tour into Hell's Canyon itself, or take a couple hikes into some of the side canyons just off the highway. Pretty incredible part of the world and a ton of wildlife. (I don't think I've ever been into Hell's Canyon w/o seeing bighorns.) You'll thank me.
Got me sold RR I may take a detour from Spokane on my way! They don’t call it Gods country for nothin!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT